Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-03-18, 07:21   Link #1
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Fuse - A girl gunslinger's detective story

http://fuse-anime.com/

Original Author: Sakuraba Kazuki (Gosick)
Director: Masayuki Miyaji (Xam'd)
Script: Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass)
Original Character Design: Okama

New theatrical anime for Fall 2012.

Staff sources:
https://twitter.com/#!/ichirou_o/sta...03546170441728
https://twitter.com/#!/okamarble/sta...86484484161536

Not sure if BONES is producing this one yet.

Last edited by duckroll; 2012-03-18 at 11:58.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:36   Link #2
Xander

I don't know what to expect, personally, but I'm willing to wait and see. While one would have to be familiar with the source material in order to say anything in particular about the concept, I would say it's clear that the production process for a movie adaptation is going to be very different from that of coming up with an original TV series.

Xam'd was the director's very first project and certainly suffered for it, in the long run, yet the series still had interesting characters, great production values and even some compelling moments. Admittedly, it did get a bit too messy in terms of the supernatural and mystical developments towards the end, but I wasn't really trying to fully understand them either.

Okouchi's last project as main writer was the Berserk movie adaptation, which seems to be perfectly alright (leaving aside the 3-D CGI issues).

I haven't seen Gosick nor would I know how faithful it was or wasn't to the original novels either, so there's not much to say about the author.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 15:27   Link #3
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://fuse-anime.com/

Ok that has caught my eye. From the character art on the front page, I wonder if it is going to be mid-19th century Japan period piece, or an AU setting?
Old 2012-03-19, 00:58   Link #4
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The site updated.

Original Author: Sakuraba Kazuki
Director: Masayuki Miyaji
Script: Ichiro Okouchi
Visual Image: Okama
Character Design: Seiichi Hashimoto
Music: Michiru Oshima

Studio is not listed but it seems VERY likely to be a BONES production now.
Old 2012-03-19, 11:37   Link #5
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

lol, I remember back when Gosick was airing how I was speculating that BONES might end up making a movie afterwards ... flash forward to now, and they are making a movie adaptation from the same author.

The staff list for this is just plain weird. It's almost like someone just picked some names from past BONES staffers and pasted them. Maybe that's how they do it at BONES nowadays, randomly pick names out a hat and make a movie out of it ...

I don't think there is much of a difference now, but I'm guessing this will be a Studio D production?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I don't know what to expect, personally, but I'm willing to wait and see.
I expect it to be visually impressive as always, excellent music and a forgettable story i.e. pretty much cut out of the same cloth as the majority of BONES production recently. I remain optimistic that it might break free out of that mold, but being a single (?) movie, I doubt it would manage to do what Quon couldn't in six parts.

In any case, Michiru Oshima score. Crossing fingers for another 100+ pieces of godly music
Quote:
Okouchi's last project as main writer was the Berserk movie adaptation, which seems to be perfectly alright (leaving aside the 3-D CGI issues).
Okouchi is showing up a lot these days, and even strangely enough in adaption works or as a secondary writer. I don't know why he would need to do any of that since I figure he could find work for an original anime easily given his resume.
Quote:
I haven't seen Gosick nor would I know how faithful it was or wasn't to the original novels either, so there's not much to say about the author.
Gosick was okay as an adaption, and an average LN series to start with. It had a pretty intriguing lead female, but there wasn't much to write home about it. The adaption from what I heard stayed pretty close to the novels (I can vouch for at least the first two novels being adapted mostly accurately with some variations) but they needed to edit a lot of things out due to cramming in 11 novels into 24 episodes.

Of course, this seems more action oriented than Gosick so I don't think the story will be that crucial here.
Old 2012-04-27, 06:10   Link #6
Vito
Asshole.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn2gJ4dL3Os
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 06:42   Link #7
duckroll
綺羅星★!

That sure looks like Xam'd...
Old 2012-04-27, 07:24   Link #8
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The real author's name is Shiomiya Shiori.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 13:01   Link #9
duckroll
綺羅星★!

New trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_oU3mF4v4

The trailer confirms that the animation production is by TMS, not BONES.
Old 2012-07-20, 14:04   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This looks fascinating .... but does she ever actually *use* the gun she's carrying? The trailer has her dropping it or losing it most of the time
Old 2012-07-20, 20:10   Link #11
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I'm suprised TMS can actually produce something this good looking. Does TMS have their own animators or do they hire staff. I've never seen anything from TMS look this impressive.
Also I really like Miyano's acting in this movie from what I've seen in the trailer. He sounds more manly in this movie.. if you know what I mean.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 21:18   Link #12
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
I'm suprised TMS can actually produce something this good looking. Does TMS have their own animators or do they hire staff. I've never seen anything from TMS look this impressive.
Also I really like Miyano's acting in this movie from what I've seen in the trailer. He sounds more manly in this movie.. if you know what I mean.
Miyaji probably brought animators from Xam'd with him for this project. I won't be surprised with we see animators who frequently work with BONES in the credits. Just like how a bunch of Madhouse animators worked on Fujiko.
Old 2012-07-20, 21:30   Link #13
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Miyaji probably brought animators from Xam'd with him for this project. I won't be surprised with we see animators who frequently work with BONES in the credits. Just like how a bunch of Madhouse animators worked on Fujiko.
That didn't really help out the show much though.. It still looked like the same quality Lupin TMS would deliver only with Koike art.

This movie is a whole different story though. It doesn't look anything like a TMS show/movie. It could as well been a BONES movie and people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Anyway, I've never read the source material. Lets hope it's not just pretty visuals without content. Xam'd is one of my favorite BONES shows when it comes to visuals, but the story like many BONES shows wasn't on par. Pretty good concept, wasted by bad writing IMO.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 06:00   Link #14
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This looks fascinating .... but does she ever actually *use* the gun she's carrying? The trailer has her dropping it or losing it most of the time
The last scene did show her aiming the gun at something. And the gun looks a little bit too modern for this era, though.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 03:23   Link #15
Fevvers
a regular van veen

...And it's out! I love it! Haven't watched a show with such sincere characters in a long time. And yes, animation (particularly when Shino was transforming) had Xam'd vibes all the way. Music is fantastic too! Pardon me, I'm all googly-eyed right now.

Last edited by Fevvers; 2013-06-30 at 03:40.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 03:34   Link #16
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Yeah. Not perfect movie but good and somehow unique. And the topic should be moved to another subforum BTW
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote