AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-27, 18:42   Link #12321
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I kept most of the tanks I've played, yeah I didn't bother with the US med line either, I think it gets underwhelming when you finish with the Pershing. IMHO the pershing and the T32 practically have the same gun which is a 105mm... the only thing the T32 doesn't get that the Pershing does is the 105 derp LOL.

If I ever play again, i just might get up to the Pershing then stop, the Pattons require more skill than what skill I already have... (pssht I'd prolly end up spending on prem rounds the whole time)

Anyways I had fun on the M103 and E5 though I didn't play them over 300 games each yet. Both are great machines, accuracy isn't bad and the reload time is OK, rate of fire is fine, penetration is enough even on reg. AP rounds, dmg is avged around 360 - 400 (420 is prolly the max if you get lucky with rng), so their fun to play overall.
Old 2014-04-27, 22:01   Link #12322
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Anyone seen how the in-game communication works? The one below will be the most funniest one yet

Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 04:06   Link #12323
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I just managed to pick up my second ever Radley-Walter's Medal in the most unlikely tank; the SU-100M1. I've really been struggling with this tank compared to the SU-152 despite actually having better averages. Somehow my SU-152 has 72% win rate with 1300 average damage where as the SU-100M1 has 47% win rate with better average damage and over twice the average spotting.

Despite the horrible win rate and serious lack of gun depression I'm really enjoying the tank. It feels like some bizarre hybrid TD, Medium, and scout with surprisingly troll armor and reasonable dpm.

Spoiler for screenshot:
Old 2014-04-28, 09:17   Link #12324
Gravitas Free Zone

On WN8 and the only number that matters to it.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:05   Link #12325
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

When the waffletiger's tracks somehow ate 2 of my shells, I did what most infuriated men would.

Used more mass.

Hilariously the G.W. Tiger right next to us missed at point blank range, so I simply coxed up along side him and emptied a shell into his belly before the T-34-85 poached it right as I reloaded.

Needless to say this was a pretty decent match.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:45   Link #12326
Gravitas Free Zone

I had a situation just now where my T-54 and a T-62A were facing an M48 Patton in the upper NE corner of South Coast. We all end up peekabooing a while, I'm guessing because the T-62A was waiting for me to sacrifice myself by trying to fling myself at the M48 while it followed me, while I was waiting for the T-62A to do the same thing. I had more health left going into the engagement than the T-62A, since it had made a couple of poor choices earlier.

The T-62A, after getting even more shot up, did an end run over to the next valley to get around the Patton. I rushed straight at it at about the same time.

I wasn't trying to get a Kamikaze ribbon, but ended up slamming into the Patton after firing, which did the job.

The alarming discovery after the battle was that we had just won 15-2 (the T-62A and an AMX 12t were our only casualties), while the other team had five vehicles do zero damage, including a T110E5 and WTE100.

A couple of games later I managed a Steel Wall in a Black Prince while blocking a T29 and Super Pershing on Mountain Pass (rushing the bridge just doesn't happen often enough), and the team managed to win 15-1, only losing a VK2801. It seems that much of my Black Prince usage consists of holding down a lane long enough for a teammate with a better-damage gun to show up.
Old 2014-04-29, 02:56   Link #12327
Pen3

Lol best game of the night because Havok and G plat trash talked us during game and we won.

Images

Replay
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 03:18   Link #12328
LeoXiao
思想工作

Both HAVOK and G eh? Nice. You guys got BIA too.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 17:47   Link #12329
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

So yeah the disconnects.....

They're a bit of a joke....

Old 2014-04-29, 18:06   Link #12330
Gravitas Free Zone

I must admit that I spend some time staring at the independently-moving suspension parts on the HD model tanks.
Old 2014-04-29, 21:12   Link #12331
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I must admit that I spend some time staring at the independently-moving suspension parts on the HD model tanks.
I was like that when I played in Common Test
Old 2014-04-30, 03:26   Link #12332
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I've been grinding the American M7 due to the current On Track event and apparently this thing is an amazing stat pad tank. Considering that my overall win8 is 1250 I really shouldn't be getting entire sessions of super unicum ratings.

With the bonus credits from the mission I'm still turning massive profits even when frequently using all 14 APCR that I bring.

I am actually considering hanging on to this tank for a while since I can always move the crew up to the T69 if I ever make it that far.

Spoiler for best game so far:
Old 2014-04-30, 03:50   Link #12333
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
Bwahaha that username.

M7 doesn't look like a bad tank at all to me. It looks like a scout with good matchmaking. Dunno why people don't like it.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 04:28   Link #12334
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
I've been grinding the American M7 due to the current On Track event and apparently this thing is an amazing stat pad tank. Considering that my overall win8 is 1250 I really shouldn't be getting entire sessions of super unicum ratings.

With the bonus credits from the mission I'm still turning massive profits even when frequently using all 14 APCR that I bring.

I am actually considering hanging on to this tank for a while since I can always move the crew up to the T69 if I ever make it that far.

Oh that ign
Old 2014-04-30, 15:08   Link #12335
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Quote:
So kills are important too, but if you’re increasing your damage then the kill could should rise naturally.
What is this guy smoking? Try playing a low-damage tank like the AMX 12t...you shoot a couple shells into a higher tier tank and break some modules, then when you only need a couple more shots a bigger tank takes a single shot and gets the kill. Not that I'm complaining about that, it's a team game, who cares who gets the kill, but 'damage = kills' makes no sense for some tanks.

Quote:
The trick is to increase the damage dealt. For the ELC, getting a 3K rating takes just 1.2 kills and 800 damage. Sounds like a lot until you realize that’s only 3 shots of damage per game! Super-unicum status for the ELC is landing 3 puny shots per game.
This is even more ridiculous. In AT LEAST half the games you play with ELC, getting hit properly once means you die. (Tier 9 heavies aren't exactly known for having problems penetrating tier 5 lights.) The ELC has horrible aim, and the only two ways of hitting something are standing still or driving straight at the enemy and firing from close range. Its turret doesn't rotate, so you can't just drive past the enemy and shoot either. Add to that the fact that you're usually the only scout, and you simply don't get the chance to land 3 penetrating hits.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 15:40   Link #12336
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I kept most of the tanks I've played, yeah I didn't bother with the US med line either, I think it gets underwhelming when you finish with the Pershing. IMHO the pershing and the T32 practically have the same gun which is a 105mm... the only thing the T32 doesn't get that the Pershing does is the 105 derp LOL.

If I ever play again, i just might get up to the Pershing then stop, the Pattons require more skill than what skill I already have... (pssht I'd prolly end up spending on prem rounds the whole time)

Anyways I had fun on the M103 and E5 though I didn't play them over 300 games each yet. Both are great machines, accuracy isn't bad and the reload time is OK, rate of fire is fine, penetration is enough even on reg. AP rounds, dmg is avged around 360 - 400 (420 is prolly the max if you get lucky with rng), so their fun to play overall.
Hello WOT thread. I'm new to the thread as I spend most of my time here in the LN section, but decided to check this out today. I play WOT on the 360 and have a lot of fun with it. I'm curious about this quoted post above though.

on the 360, the pershing only gets a 90mm gun. the first medium to get a 105 is the 46 patton. Is this different on the PC?

Next the pattons, play pretty much the same way the Pershing plays. It has a bit less armor for its tier, but it is more agile and has the 105mm gun that does decent damage.

I love the american mediums. They have good mobility (except for the jumbo), excellent gun depression, and decently powerful guns. They are really good for brawling, and close quarters fighting which is my play style. I've gone up the German medium line to the panther 2 so far, and its no where near as fun.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 15:51   Link #12337
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Bwahaha that username.

M7 doesn't look like a bad tank at all to me. It looks like a scout with good matchmaking. Dunno why people don't like it.
Maybe because it doesn't get the M1A1 gun the M4 gets, besides that line goes all the way to the american autoloader line and people lose patience with the T21.

Oh, and also: Welcome to the game, nosaer. And the Pershing gets the 105mm in the pc version, altought is only the tier 5 105mm.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 16:18   Link #12338
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Hello WOT thread. I'm new to the thread as I spend most of my time here in the LN section, but decided to check this out today. I play WOT on the 360 and have a lot of fun with it. I'm curious about this quoted post above though.

on the 360, the pershing only gets a 90mm gun. the first medium to get a 105 is the 46 patton. Is this different on the PC?
I don't think the XBox version has an upgradeable tech tree like this.
Old 2014-04-30, 16:54   Link #12339
Blaat

Got the T-44 Ace
Images

Replay, no idea why the Panther 2 was shooting HE.
Old 2014-04-30, 17:17   Link #12340
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

You still play Blaat ?! =O

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks