Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-07, 17:34   Link #1261
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I'd actually be okay with that, since I don't really care for the qunari.
Old 2011-04-07, 17:41   Link #1262
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'd actually be okay with that, since I don't really care for the qunari.
daww but you've only met the men maybe the females are better? I certainly hope so hehe.

and its only fair hehe.... you know what screw that, I have a female hawke and i would love to do a lesbian romance with a female Qunari shes a warrior after all and could take some punishment. after all.. Im certain a female qunari would have a bit of a grudge against men
Old 2011-04-07, 17:44   Link #1263
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Yeah I wonder why that was. Bioware did concept art for female qunari, but there weren't any in DA2.

There weren't any female dwarves either! I really liked my female dwarf warrior from Origins...
Old 2011-04-07, 17:47   Link #1264
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Yeah I wonder why that was. Bioware did concept art for female qunari, but there weren't any in DA2.

There weren't any female dwarves either! I really liked my female dwarf warrior from Origins...
Yea what the hell? i didnt notice there was no female dwarfs.. and why do a concept if they dont include any!? ... perhaps DLC later on? maybe its own Awakening Expansion?

please oh please! gimme my quarian goddess ^_^

http://sokkenn.deviantart.com/art/Ba...ebas-203329352
http://redinksheart.deviantart.com/a...taam-203081163
Old 2011-04-07, 19:07   Link #1265
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
and why do a concept if they dont include any!?
Your typical game production process these days sees the creation of a lot of concept art, most of which never makes it into the game in any form. And concept art starts early - at this point, most of the quests are not planned yet. They probably just had a change of plans for whatever quest/character was supposed to involve a female dwarf, or there never was one to begin with and they just did the concept in case there would be need for it later on.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 20:13   Link #1266
kujoe
from head to heel

It's a pity, because the concept art for Kirkwall is awesome.

With the exception of the Gallows, none of the areas of Kirkwall in the game are able to match the concept art.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 04:14   Link #1267
killer3000ad

Fenris hates all magic!
Spoiler for For size:
Old 2011-04-08, 06:23   Link #1268
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Fenris killed a Pony! Kill the Magic fisting Elf!
Old 2011-04-10, 23:53   Link #1269
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

To me blood magic is like seeing some poor berk take hard drugs. They always say they could quit at anytime but they always fail. Humans have a tendency to overestimate themselves (willpower, determination, personal ability, etc) in which in the case of blood magic is fatal not only for the user but for everyone surrounding them when they succumb.

Again like drugs, we can forsee the likelihood of people turning to blood magic when their emotions are in the trough whether it be anger, fear, despair, etc (like the dark side of the force).

Because of this, they must have some checks and balances to prevent disasters. The templars is portrayed as that balance but they quite frankly suck. From what we see, it's possible to see if someone is using blood magic through the scent of the blood, so why did they not research on an auto self destruct mechanism (spell, nanobots, whatever) on detection of the scent? The only real drawback would be arrows/weapons tipped in the blood of blood magic mages would cause them to self destruct (which would be easily countered if the strength of said scent could be measured)
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 00:04   Link #1270
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Actually, Merrill could determine if a person had been possessed by a demon through his blood, using her knowledge of blood magic. Completely different.

Templars don't seem to have a reliable way to detect blood mages, since fucking Orsino was a blood mage, and Greagoir didn't know Jowan was one for sure (he only suspected) until the man attacked him with blood magic.

If they did have any way of reliably detecting blood mages, Meredith's entire crazy crusade would never have happened--the other ranking templars would have forced her to step down.
Old 2011-04-11, 02:47   Link #1271
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Im certain a female qunari would have a bit of a grudge against men
Doubtful. Even human converts to the Qun are hard to re-convert by the chantry, which means the Qun isn't so bad to them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 07:24   Link #1272
Irkalla
I asked for this

Actually Qunari women are really well off for our standards, and are in no way comparable to Muslim women. They are basically the brains of their society, while the men are the brawn, neither being superior to the other. The only beef is that their roles are predetermined in the Qun, so nobody really has a choice in the matter. For this same reason we could never get a female Qunari companion, only a Tal-Vashoth, if we wanted to be really technical about it
Old 2011-04-11, 11:12   Link #1273
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

fine! a Freakin Tal-Vashoth! female GOD! *throws shit off desk* GOD! *walks out of the room*
Old 2011-04-11, 12:48   Link #1274
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
To me blood magic is like seeing some poor berk take hard drugs. They always say they could quit at anytime but they always fail. Humans have a tendency to overestimate themselves (willpower, determination, personal ability, etc) in which in the case of blood magic is fatal not only for the user but for everyone surrounding them when they succumb.

Again like drugs, we can forsee the likelihood of people turning to blood magic when their emotions are in the trough whether it be anger, fear, despair, etc (like the dark side of the force).

Because of this, they must have some checks and balances to prevent disasters. The templars is portrayed as that balance but they quite frankly suck. From what we see, it's possible to see if someone is using blood magic through the scent of the blood, so why did they not research on an auto self destruct mechanism (spell, nanobots, whatever) on detection of the scent? The only real drawback would be arrows/weapons tipped in the blood of blood magic mages would cause them to self destruct (which would be easily countered if the strength of said scent could be measured)
The only bloodmage I have seen who has used his power aplenty and well enough is Avernus from DA1's DLC. Though he failed badly at controlling the demon to stop it from killing everyone else because he opened too many portals at once.

Nonetheless, he is most powerful bloodmage I have known through the entire DA series.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 20:38   Link #1275
Who

Patch 1.02 is coming out tomorrow, according to what a dev said. Fixes about 100+ issues, both gameplay-wise and with technical specs.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 23:28   Link #1276
kujoe
from head to heel

That's good news. I've been wanting to play the game for a second time, but I figured only after the release of a new patch.
Old 2011-04-11, 23:31   Link #1277
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

That's the thing. The Qun isn't overly harsh, it's just restrictive. If it was harsh like extremist Islam, the Chantry wouldn't have such a hard time beating back its influence. The qunari are okay with this because they're clearly not very individualistic compared to humans--which makes sense. They're not human!
Old 2011-04-12, 01:06   Link #1278
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

I finished Dragon age 2... Yeah... Ending was here and there. Nevertheless I am excited for a possible Expansion?
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 01:37   Link #1279
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
I finished Dragon age 2... Yeah... Ending was here and there. Nevertheless I am excited for a possible Expansion?
I am still waiting for map packs
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 02:38   Link #1280
kujoe
from head to heel

Map packs? Do you mean new area designs?

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360