AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 23:18   Link #4221
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Playing Kokoro Function's trial, and this is great!

This is the first game I've seen that seems to take seriously the implications and possibilities of a world that's become more and more interconnected as our today's smartphones and social networks show us. It presents a serious look at a future where people are so interconnected with their smart devices that it leads to conundrums like the one our protagonist faces, which is that everything he's thinking gets broadcast to everyone else.

It also helps that the writing, characters, pacing, humor, art, music, and everything else in this game is well above the average crowd. Now my most anticipated game!
Old 2013-09-23, 04:16   Link #4222
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I already finished SubaHibi. I liked it a lot.

Wonder if Nitro+'s Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi falls into the same category. Anyone read that yet?
Yep. I highly recommend it. Best to go into it knowing as little about its quirks as possible.
Old 2013-09-23, 04:28   Link #4223
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by achiuakuna View Post
i already finished subahibi. I liked it a lot.

Wonder if nitro+'s kimi to kanojo to kanojo no koi falls into the same category. Anyone read that yet?
THAT. VN. IS. AWESOME i
Old 2013-09-23, 16:23   Link #4224
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Started it today. Looks interesting so far. Thanks guys.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 23:44   Link #4225
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
Just finished Tsujidou-san no Virgin Road. I gotta say, I really enjoyed it. For me, it's probably the most enjoyable VN I've played this year so far. One question though...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for :

haven't really found VN with this much lovely icha2
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 00:31   Link #4226
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Tsujidou-san also has amazing side characters. It's rare for a VN to make me wish for a game dedicated solely to the side cast. This one totally does.
Old 2013-09-24, 02:07   Link #4227
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Yep. I highly recommend it. Best to go into it knowing as little about its quirks as possible.
For maximum effect, you're probably right. But I don't think my heart can take it anymore This is the exact kind of thing that fuels my nightmares.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 12:11   Link #4228
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

A few half-way-in impressions of Gears of Dragoon, which has been already released for a few month.
Spoiler as I'll mention a few late aspects
Spoiler for Gears of Dragoon: Rambling, Impressions and stuff:
Old 2013-09-24, 16:40   Link #4229
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I didn't play Gears of Dragoon. I unlocked the save and just view all the scences in sequence. Call me weak

But I think you should've played Order route first. Sheeta true end is like the whole game's true end despite (or because?) it being darker, and if you play Order after you cleared Chaos, it could reduce the enjoyment of the route.

Also, Chaos route H scenes being rapish was actually a major turn on for me also because there is one glorified bad end route I like in there.
Old 2013-09-25, 16:57   Link #4230
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Well, Law route is mainly for Filia .
Anyway:
Spoiler for Impression, rambling II:
Old 2013-09-25, 18:38   Link #4231
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

So after reading about Ever 17 on another thread I've decided to give it a try. So far I'm pleasantly surprised, even if I feel the routes (well, only completed one so far :P) are a bit short.
Most of my theories went under (Har har) once I started my second playthrough, but there's two things so far that have piqued my interest.

Spoiler:
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 13:44   Link #4232
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I'm finally done with Gears of Dragoon's chaos route and obviously Sheeta's ending. Because enemies with 100k+ hp are a pain and bad luck with high-level 5+-slot equipment, I used the victory button for the last 3 battles.
Without spoiling anything: The last two chapters were much, much better especially as far as it concerns Chaos-Radi's character. The ending itself was satisfactory. Charle's was probably one of the most annoying villains ever and pretty much the Aizen of the VN (except not the true mastermind); too bad he didn't get what he deserved, ultimately.
And although I love Filia, Sheeta feels a bit more true as the "final girl". While she's star of chaos route, from the scene recollection Geist left a very strong impression in a similar way on law route .

On to Magical Marriage Lunatics and Natsu no Osananajimi, Fuyu no Kanojo.
Old 2013-09-30, 21:28   Link #4233
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Managed to marathon through Karumaruka Circle.
While i lowered my expectations after i have read that Niijima Yuu didn't wrote this, i was stunned how good it was.

While most of the normal routes were fairly good , the true route was simply amazing. Definitely as good as the finale of Hatsuyki Sakura or Natsuyume Nagisa and in some aspects , it's even better.
Also don't start with Natsuki's route, because i did and thought that the entire game was going to be slightly above average. Then i read Nicol's route and the game captured me.

My route ranking
True route >>> Nicol >>Shin>Koyomi>>Yukiha>Natsuki

My minor issues were that the music is good, but i find it overall less catchy than Hatsuyuki Sakura's. Both OP's were fairly decent (2nd OP "find a piece" was very good, but i don't recommend youtubing the song because that OP contains a huge amount of spoilers) but i didn't like the ending "I wish" that much because i am not a fan of "White Lips"

Slightly more detailed route impressions in order that i have read

Spoiler for really short and half assed summary of the prologue and common route:

Some route spoilers and minor comments about them
Spoiler for Natsuki:

Spoiler for Nicol:

Spoiler for Yukiha:

Spoiler for Koyomi:

Spoiler for Shin:

I am not going to spoil anything about the true route, because imo it was really that good: the mystery about Karumaruka, many surprises and plot twists, how most of the routes are connected to the true route were done excellently. My only problem with the true route was that the romance was really weak but if you want romance then you can read the normal routes.

Last edited by hyl; 2013-10-01 at 00:08. Reason: Reason: added some impressions and half assed summaries, so obviously spoilers
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 23:23   Link #4234
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just a question. I'm currently playing an eroge that is Eroge! S** and Games make Sexy Games. It seems I can't find the option to Save before each selections. I pressed "C" and all I got are settings. Can you help me?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 05:29   Link #4235
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

What happens when you right click? It usually takes you to the menu selections where you can choose to save.
Old 2013-10-01, 09:13   Link #4236
InternHertz
.lone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Managed to marathon through Karumaruka Circle.
While i lowered my expectations after i have read that Niijima Yuu didn't wrote this, i was stunned how good it was.

While most of the normal routes were fairly good , the true route was simply amazing. Definitely as good as the finale of Hatsuyki Sakura or Natsuyume Nagisa and in some aspects , it's even better.

My minor issues were that the music is good, but i find it overall less catchy than Hatsuyuki Sakura's. Both OP's were fairly decent (2nd OP "find a piece" was very good, but i don't recommend youtubing the song because that OP contains a huge amount of spoilers) but i didn't like the ending "I wish" that much because i am not a fan of "White Lips"
Damn, this is really good news!
I LOVED past Saga Planets games and especially Hatsuyuki Sakura, so I'm glad to know it's at least as good as those storywise.

I won't read any spoilers about it so I can go into it fresh and be amazed.

Can you just tell me if the overall tone of the game is as grabbing as HS? I really really liked the mystery surrounding everything from the beginning, and how good it felt seeing the reveals happen in the true end.

A bit bummed about the music but then again, it might be personal taste. I just know some of HS were awesome and moody and wish there are at least 1 or 2 like that.
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:20   Link #4237
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternHertz View Post
Damn, this is really good news!
I LOVED past Saga Planets games and especially Hatsuyuki Sakura, so I'm glad to know it's at least as good as those storywise.

I won't read any spoilers about it so I can go into it fresh and be amazed.

Can you just tell me if the overall tone of the game is as grabbing as HS? I really really liked the mystery surrounding everything from the beginning, and how good it felt seeing the reveals happen in the true end.
It has an overall lighter tone (far less depressing than Hatsuyuki Sakura, but it still has a fair amount of drama ). The regular routes were imo weaker than Hatsuyuki Sakura's, but you have to read all of them to enjoy the most out of the true route.
The main mystery of Karumaruka doesn't play much of a role in any other regular routes, but it was done very well in the final route.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 05:28   Link #4238
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Mahou's usual impressions:

Magical Marriage Lunatics (MML): I'm still on the common route, though. Anyways, the start aka the scenes of heroine introductions felt a bit slow. As in, there were hardly any coherent dialogues, but more stammering and surprise-reactions. Otherwise, the colorful mix of non-human financées are quite cute. You must love Julia the shy succubus, who's character is kinda the exact opposite of her brethern . Honestly, I have hardly encountered any succubi in VNs - other than pure nukige maybe. And while the cliché of MC forgetting about the "contracts", it's at least explained in-game in an okay-ish way. But, we're talking about moonstone so I expect drama, also drama that possibly won't sit well with me (based on my experience with Princess Evangile =/). I'll let "surprise" myself.

Natsu no Osananajimi, Fuyu no Kanojo: Karin is lovely . And it's a nice suprise to have the best buddy with a girlfriend, instead of idiot-friend or pervert-friend. A normal sounding title? There's surely some drama in the routes*. I can guess it for Seika and mayhaps Yume-chan.

KoixKoi Infinity: I just took a savegamed glace of the "true route". A first approach of peasoft, imho. Anyway, usually peasoft's MC are either too average or denser than dense. But, the title sounds just like my taste and their drama were - based on my memory - also reasonable in reason and length.
Spoiler for true route:

*Normally, my way of perception is: IF the title sounds beyond cute (aka suki shite, suki shite takusan suki shite) or the brand is smee, I'm sure there's no or hardly drama. On normal-sounding titles? Better expect everything.
Old 2013-10-22, 00:52   Link #4239
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Been playing Love Lab (らぶらぼ). Even though it's an SM breeding game, the largely comical atmosphere (so far at least) is really a huge relief.

Saki and Ibuki's rivalry is an interesting side plot, both pretending to be the more sexually active person while both being virgins . However, since their VA is Tammy and Maki Izumi, it kinda sends the wrong image of Rin and Komari
Old 2013-10-22, 01:58   Link #4240
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I just finished playing MLE and I find it fun to play, followed by MLU which I find kinda I the same level of enjoyment as the first but finding the main heroine missing.

Luckily after getting MLA an hour later, broke my enjoyment meter sky high... the MC was badass from the beginning until that WTF scene... After returning back, seeing my main heroine again got me emotional.... I felt tears like falling from my eye....

Finishing the later half was more emotional and action pack. My heart was racing, my eyes was on the monitor, not blinking... Every scene was awesome. Though the ending was not that great but it left me in tears....I wanna scream my most dear beloved heroine... I was tormented....that I had to play MLE again get my self back together again, to be able to meet her, to love her again, hug her again, kiss her again and see the irritating yet sweet smile of her's that I thought was forever a dream back in MLU and MLA.

It may take months but I'll go to MLAF after..

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-10-22 at 02:53.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel