AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2008-03-16, 13:17   Link #801
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
What happened to Mai's father anyway? We know Mai's mother, uh, bought the farm and all that, but what happened to the father?
Yeah, that is one of the things I have been curious about the Hime anime too. I mean in the manga it's told that both parents died, but the anime is confusing. In episode 5 Mai has a flashback where she goes to the hospital to pick up Takumi, but the nurse tells her that her dad picked him up already. Did he die later on? Btw, i'm still confused, maybe I just don't know that much about the Japanese culture, but if Mai's parents died, how could she go on supporting herself and Takumi by themselfs at such a young age? I mean wouldn't they have to go to an orphanage or something?
Old 2008-03-16, 15:36   Link #802
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
I believe it's the same as in Natsuki's case. Their father lives somewhere else and supports them as much as he can (obviously it isnt't much considering Mai's part-time jobs).
AceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:48   Link #803
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Yeah, that is one of the things I have been curious about the Hime anime too. I mean in the manga it's told that both parents died, but the anime is confusing. In episode 5 Mai has a flashback where she goes to the hospital to pick up Takumi, but the nurse tells her that her dad picked him up already. Did he die later on? Btw, i'm still confused, maybe I just don't know that much about the Japanese culture, but if Mai's parents died, how could she go on supporting herself and Takumi by themselfs at such a young age? I mean wouldn't they have to go to an orphanage or something?
I noticed a trend in anime where a high school student is somehow able to live independantly but has to get the money from somewhere.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 17:47   Link #804
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
I noticed a trend in anime where a high school student is somehow able to live independantly but has to get the money from somewhere.
Yeah, I wish sunrise would've told us where for Mai's case.
Old 2008-03-28, 01:22   Link #805
Ippikiookami
One of many ShizNat fans

Are Coral Robes capable of flight? I assumed that they weren't because in episode eight our four main Corals are cleaning the walls of the mausoleum and are hanging from ropes over the side...but they are in their Robes. Yet, in the final episode, after everyone gets their Robe granted by Miyu and the Administar, all the Corals come flying to help stop Nina's advance with the Harmonium. If Coral Robes can fly and hover, then why bother with the ropes while cleaning... It's not like they are going to fall.

Spoiler for sorry for bad shot:
Ippikiookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 02:33   Link #806
AceMan
Observer

Firstly, Corals are "Otome in training" so we can assume that they aren't allowed to do some things until they reach appropriate level. Just like a soldier who can carry a gun but can't use it.

Secondly, the whole cleaning thing was a punishment
If I were to punish those cute Otomes I would make them hanging there naked
Old 2008-03-28, 03:06   Link #807
Ippikiookami
One of many ShizNat fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
Firstly, Corals are "Otome in training" so we can assume that they aren't allowed to do some things until they reach appropriate level. Just like a soldier who can carry a gun but can't use it.

Secondly, the whole cleaning thing was a punishment
If I were to punish those cute Otomes I would make them hanging there naked
Yeah but why go to the trouble of certifying them so they can wear their Robes and then tie them with rope? Why not just have them clean in their normal uniforms, like they do when they sweep the courtyard.
Ippikiookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 03:21   Link #808
AceMan
Observer

Well... umm... Sunrise's oversight?
Old 2008-03-28, 05:50   Link #809
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippikiookami View Post
Yeah but why go to the trouble of certifying them so they can wear their Robes and then tie them with rope? Why not just have them clean in their normal uniforms, like they do when they sweep the courtyard.
Skirts. High place.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 09:04   Link #810
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Hmm. An interesting question.

I think they normally can't. In the first episode, Nina, with her Robe activated, fell out of the airship-thing with Arika and Mashiro, and there was no indication that she could fly even alone, much less after catching them. Only Arika's GEM managed to temporarily slow down the fall.

And in episode 3, Arika had to rely on the extensible "straps" at the back of the Robe when holding the airship-thing.

I think it's safe to say that Coral Robes can't fly at least in the "normal" mode of operation. Perhaps there are some kind of limiters that are ignored in the Administar-powered "unrestricted" mode.
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 12:56   Link #811
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master

Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippikiookami View Post
Well, it was pretty high up, and rope can snap. XD; That might have been why.
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:57   Link #812
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki23 View Post
Well, it was pretty high up, and rope can snap. XD; That might have been why.
That's a good possibility.
Old 2008-04-06, 08:45   Link #813
silverstri

sorry for silly questions, but i'm wondering is soundtrack for Mai Otome Sifr out yet??
Old 2008-04-06, 08:46   Link #814
AceMan
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstri View Post
sorry for silly questions, but i'm wondering is soundtrack for Mai Otome Sifr out yet??
I guess it's to early for that. More importantly, is OST for Zwei out? ^^
Old 2008-04-06, 16:51   Link #815
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
I guess it's to early for that. More importantly, is OST for Zwei out? ^^
The music used was the same as the music from the TV series, with some added songs from the My-HiME OSTs.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:55   Link #816
AceMan
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
The music used was the same as the music from the TV series, with some added songs from the My-HiME OSTs.
Not exactly the same. I mean, I really want to get the "Hinageshi no Hana no you ni" (track #23 on Otome OST vol.2) used in Zwei, because there were vocals without music and it would be great for remixes ;D
Old 2008-04-06, 18:33   Link #817
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Not exactly the same. I mean, I really want to get the "Hinageshi no Hana no you ni" (track #23 on Otome OST vol.2) used in Zwei, because there were vocals without music and it would be great for remixes ;D
Oooh ya that one. I don't think they will release a new OST just for that though.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 07:56   Link #818
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

I was wondering with a friend what is blatantly fanon in the Hime/Otome universe. We collected few, silly, things, maybe someone could name others.
Like: Mai being the one with the biggest breasts (wrong, from the character sheet, that one is Haruka), Natsuki don't liking onions (I read it in countless fanfictions and I still don't know why...), Nagi being a midget (while he's as tall as other characters with his same age, like Takumi), Nao being a bitch (a real one, I mean )...

Others?
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:50   Link #819
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master

Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
I was wondering with a friend what is blatantly fanon in the Hime/Otome universe. We collected few, silly, things, maybe someone could name others.
Like: Mai being the one with the biggest breasts (wrong, from the character sheet, that one is Haruka), Natsuki don't liking onions (I read it in countless fanfictions and I still don't know why...), Nagi being a midget (while he's as tall as other characters with his same age, like Takumi), Nao being a bitch (a real one, I mean )...

Others?
Natsuki hates onions, specifically negi (welsh onions/spring onions ) because of a
Mai- HiME radio drama in which
Spoiler for Mai HiME radio, Natsuki's cold:

Or something like that XD
Tsubaki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 00:21   Link #820
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

It's funny! Thank you, I absolutely didn't get it ^__^
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote