AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 21:52   Link #4461
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
It's not them trying to adopt her into the Seishuinns. This solution is actually offered by Ena, not someone else. Ena was trying to save Yuri from relentless gossip and other insults. There are many who just think that Yuri's trash simply because her family is pretty insignificant in the magic world.Like ReaperxKingx said,it's surprising that Godou isn't angry, considering that if not for his campione status, he would have been treated far worst than Yuri. They were not only insulting his sex friend, by also himself as well as all those who are related to him.
I'll agree he would have every reason to be royaly pissed but then again this pretty common among those types of circles so I doubt he was surprised by the attitude. Plus the establishment over there had already tried to get rid of Erica and Liliana once because they weren't Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Although Ena offered it, the entire Noble upper class will jump on the wagon to ensure this will happen so the caste system will not change. Nobles thrive on wanting to be thought of people better of everyone else and the thought of that stopping will ensure actions to prevent it by almost all means.
I agree with you there it's an easy way for them to keep the status qou and not run the risk any risk.

Quote:
As for Gundamfan's statement of Godou won't be able to not stop it, that applies to only the people he cares and know such as Erica or Lucretia when they do things to him, if it is someone like arrogant Nobles where he does not have any relations with does the same thing. Well lets say this may be one of the few times where Godou's treating everyone friendly (well except for a few notable Campiones and Gods, but hey they are not just everyone) will not apply here. Which I say will be very interesting.
It would be interesting and alot of fun if Godou did go wrath of god on the nobles I just don't see it happening. I mean look at Ena they sent Godou a crazy woman who tries to kill Erica, makes it prefectly clear she also intends to get rid of Liliana, Godou gets sucked into the netherworld. So what action did he take in response to that besides adding Ena to his harem which was there goal from the begining.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:53   Link #4462
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
! Reaper's a noble! Git'em!

So.. the question now is how this all gets dealt with. Godou's not afraid to pull strings a little bit any more to get what he wants it seems.. What will the mighty devil king do!? I'd kind of be amused to see a volume dedicated almost entirely to political manoeuvring and other things related to more mundane matters of the real world that wasn't a side-story
Not sure if I am a Noble or not, but some people who I never met before in some parties seems to know my name. Felt very weird, but lets not make it about me I really don't care if I am some Noble in my country. The conflict with my Uncle was that he was looking down on my family and especially on me due to him being a higher class and married into the family (well he said that). One thing led to another and...... yeah lets say my Uncle never brings it up ever again nor does anyone else in my family even my aunt in France somehow gotten word what I did. For me respect is earned, never given.

Oh I am being off topic. Sorry about that, anyway I would love to see Godou taking action here.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 21:59   Link #4463
Mars Mode

If the problem is more direct he could intervene, but he is not a politician at least not know and Ena has said she will try to do it right. If there is not need for him to intervene he will not.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 22:02   Link #4464
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Spoiler for vol 13:
What was he going to do, go tyrant on them. Besides, the way I read it was that the adoption thing was a solution, not a problem.

i.e.

Noble: Why is a commoner next to the king!?

Ena: Cause love, stupid.

Noble: I'm not stupid! And love shouldn't influence a king's decision!

Ena: Then it's fine if she's a noble, right?

Noble: ...aw, crap.

See, problem solved.
Old 2012-10-08, 22:07   Link #4465
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
What was he going to do, go tyrant on them. Besides, the way I read it was that the adoption thing was a solution, not a problem.

i.e.

Noble: Why is a commoner next to the king!?

Ena: Cause love, stupid.

Noble: I'm not stupid! And love shouldn't influence a king's decision!

Ena: Then it's fine if she's a noble, right?

Noble: ...aw, crap.

See, problem solved.
Wish it was simple like that, though not in my experience. There is more to it, Nobles will twist facts to make it seem they are right and even then you can point out clear wrongs in them. I think Godou is conflicted in this or felt awkward, we may see more of what he thinks next volume. It was pretty sudden, especially something that out of the blue. Even with Yuri being adopted, I think like Darth said they want her out of the picture for good. They want one of themselves right by Godou's side with real blood from their side and to influence him whatever possible.
Old 2012-10-08, 22:12   Link #4466
Mars Mode

Quote:
Wish it was simple like that, though not in my experience. There is more to it, Nobles will twist facts to make it seem they are right and even then you can point out clear wrongs in them. I think Godou is conflicted in this or felt awkward, we may see more of what he thinks next volume. It was pretty sudden, especially something that out of the blue. Even with Yuri being adopted, I think like Darth said they want her out of the picture for good. They want one of themselves right by Godou's side with real blood from their side and to influence him whatever possible.
Thats why it will be fun.
It should be a opportunity for Godou to grow.
And if all fails he could just go Tyrant.
But I think he is going to ask his Grandpa for help.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 22:23   Link #4467
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Thats why it will be fun.
It should be a opportunity for Godou to grow.
And if all fails he could just go Tyrant.
But I think he is going to ask his Grandpa for help.
I agree that Godou needs a little more development, the girls have taken the bulk of it. Godou accepted the fact he has to fight Gods or anything related to them, but hasn't accepted his Title. He can still live like a normal person, he just need to present who he is when it counts.
Old 2012-10-08, 22:31   Link #4468
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
I agree that Godou needs a little more development, the girls have taken the bulk of it. Godou accepted the fact he has to fight Gods or anything related to them, but hasn't accepted his Title. He can still live like a normal person, he just need to present who he is when it counts.
He showed signs of accepting it in vol 13 I think, when he said " even if its me, I may have gotten used to using a bit of authority"
Old 2012-10-08, 22:41   Link #4469
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

say.. why godou doesnt just make Mariya family became a noble family in one night, while he got authority und rank way above of shogun, emperor, or prime minister..??
Old 2012-10-08, 22:47   Link #4470
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
say.. why godou doesnt just make Mariya family became a noble family in one night, while he got authority und rank way above of shogun, emperor, or prime minister..??
It isn't about making someone a noble that would solve the problem. In the worlds of the elite(these aren't quotations from the novels), "no matter how rich they become, nor how well they dressed, a commoner is still a commoner." They just lacked the necessary blood connections to make them blue blooded in the eyes of the aristocrats. It's like how during the Anciene Regime in France, there are the Nobles of the Sword and the Nobles of the Robe. The Nobles of the Robe(the newcomers) are always despised by the Nobles of the Sword(the old warrior aristocracy) for having been commoners, having either bought their titles or because they did something meritorious. Funny enough though, Yuri's family is actually counted as noble before the abolition of Japanese nobility. One of the Mariya family-heads was a baron. Ultimately though, they weren't really counted as noble within the magic society. The only ones who are were those from the four families who bossed around Japanese magicians.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 22:51   Link #4471
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
It isn't about making someone a noble that would solve the problem. In the worlds of the elite(these aren't quotations from the novels), "no matter how rich they become, nor how well they dressed, a commoner is still a commoner." They just lacked the necessary blood connections to make them blue blooded in the eyes of the aristocrats. It's like how during the Anciene Regime in France, there are the Nobles of the Sword and the Nobles of the Robe. The Nobles of the Robe(the newcomers) are always despised by the Nobles of the Sword(the old warrior aristocracy) for having been commoners, having either bought their titles or because they did something meritorious. Funny enough though, Yuri's family is actually counted as noble before the abolition of Japanese nobility. One of the Mariya family-heads was a baron.
Still it is like you said, Nobles will not accept someone being lower rank than them (in their eyes) to take a position where they feel is their place. Nobles believe they are the chosen ones to lead commoners and others alike. Their will on actions will be the final decision as they see fit. Which is why I hate this topic since I experience it firsthand so it hits home for me.
Old 2012-10-08, 23:06   Link #4472
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

hmm... so those d@ckhead nobles only maintance the sight of whut their see in front of 'em, listen whut their "pigs pet" told, say whut 'em usually talk, and ETC..

isnt Godou bit too soft bout these thing..., why dont he do som'tin like my last post...
Old 2012-10-08, 23:10   Link #4473
XFire
150% done

One question. If/when Godou eventually marries the girls, wouldn't that make them nobility by default?
Old 2012-10-08, 23:14   Link #4474
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
hmm... so those d@ckhead nobles only maintance the sight of whut their see in front of 'em, listen whut their "pigs pet" told, say whut 'em usually talk, and ETC..

isnt Godou bit too soft bout these thing..., why dont he do som'tin like my last post...
Wouldn't make a difference if it did. Like Darth said, its the blood if Yuri didn't have their High Class blood when she was born, then it will never be accepted it their minds. The only way for the Nobles to put into place is someone of higher status such as Godou, who doesn't quite accept his status fully, to put them in their place. Has to be something more than blood, Godou will point out the differences in ability that Yuri has and she is superior to him than in their eyes.

One thing that is troublesome is what is Kaoru 's opinion on this? If she supports this even against Yuri's will in order to keep order in the Committee then there is going to be problems if Godou opposes the decision. If I remember correctly Yuri will leave the Committee to stay with Godou (vol 5) which will cause the Committee to lose any link to Godou because most likely Ena will do so as well.
Old 2012-10-08, 23:15   Link #4475
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
One question. If/when Godou eventually marries the girls, wouldn't that make them nobility by default?
Technically yes, but in the eyes of the magicians, it's an entirely different matter. Some of them believed that birth is all that mattered, no matter what great title was bestowed upon you. As for the girls, they were noble by default. Erica was even considered royalty by most, since one of her ancestors was a campione--even though she descended from an illegitimate line.
Quote:
Wouldn't make a difference if it did. Like Darth said, its the blood if Yuri didn't have their High Class blood when she was born, then it will never be accepted it their minds. The only way for the Nobles to put into place is someone of higher status such as Godou, who doesn't quite accept his status fully, to put them in their place. Has to be something more than blood, Godou will point out the differences in ability that Yuri has and she is superior to him than in their eyes.

One thing that is troublesome is what is Kaoru 's opinion on this? If she supports this even against Yuri's will in order to keep order in the Committee then there is going to be problems if Godou opposes the decision. If I remember correctly Yuri will leave the Committee to stay with Godou (vol 5) which will cause the Committee to lose any link to Godou because most likely Ena will do so as well.
Lucky enough, Kaoru and the History Fabrication Committee in general are supportive of Yuri, as was much of the higher-ups, but there are still many who b@tch about her birth.
Old 2012-10-08, 23:39   Link #4476
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Spoiler for spoil:

Spoiler for spoil2:

hou....
so bloodline was the main problem those nobles b@tching around...
but is it possible for godou given the marriage register to 'em as hubby and wive(considered legal age for marriage in japan was round 16YO) of "normal" families, so those elite garbage could shut their trap...

if dat idea couldnt applyed, why not for godou became naturalitation to be not japanesse anymore, with his gals 'course, say became an italian or chinnese or american....
Old 2012-10-08, 23:54   Link #4477
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Spoiler for spoil:

hou....
so bloodline was the main problem those nobles b@tching around...
but is it possible for godou given the marriage register to 'em as hubby and wive(considered legal age for marriage in japan was round 16YO) of "normal" families, so those elite garbage could shut their trap...

if dat idea couldnt applyed, why not for godou became naturalitation to be not japanesse anymore, with his gals 'course, say became an italian or chinnese or american....
He'd probably need to migrate elsewhere though. The U.S. might be a good location, considering there doesn't seem to be any political structure in terms of the magic world. And then again, that's JPS' turf. Maybe he should just conquer JPS and add her to the harem before going there. And no, even if they got married, they aristocrats would still b@tch about it.
Old 2012-10-09, 00:18   Link #4478
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
He'd probably need to migrate elsewhere though. The U.S. might be a good location, considering there doesn't seem to be any political structure in terms of the magic world. And then again, that's JPS' turf. Maybe he should just conquer JPS and add her to the harem before going there. And no, even if they got married, they aristocrats would still b@tch about it.
well if godou 'n co. moved to US or china, 'n wanted to make those country became his, atleast he need to knock the"king"(queen) out first, no? then he must knock his four + odd harem out, so his mental wound wont damaged so badly... well he's a man who so called pasifm(fake), tho..
Old 2012-10-09, 03:24   Link #4479
Ddraig

Quote:
Another spoiler
Spoiler for Spoiler 13:
That's interesting. Wasnt Yuri
Spoiler for about Yuri:
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 03:27   Link #4480
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
That's interesting. Wasnt Yuri
Spoiler for about Yuri:
eh...
is it confirmated to be a truth..??

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem