AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-25, 02:58   Link #1
NinjaSetsuna

Speculation on the Elric's father (possible spoilers!)

It seems to me that the Crimson Alchemist is thier father. In the episode where he was released when we saw his eyes I was pretty convinced either he's the dad or he's related. He has the same color eyes (unless that was a trick of the lighting). I also remember something about the dad being mixed up with the sins somehow (looks at her manga) but I can't really remember. I think he makes a lot of sense though, and he's a lot like Ed (hating the military, didn't it say that he killed State Alchemists as well as other people), the eye color, the fact that he's been locked up for a long time (could explain why the mother never heard from him, or maybe she knew about his past and decided to ignore it) and that he fits the cool aspect of the characters. So what do you think?

By the way, nice to meet everyone, I'm new here. Call me Setsuna. ^_^
Old 2004-03-25, 03:47   Link #2
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSetsuna
It seems to me that the Crimson Alchemist is thier father. In the episode where he was released when we saw his eyes I was pretty convinced either he's the dad or he's related. He has the same color eyes (unless that was a trick of the lighting). I also remember something about the dad being mixed up with the sins somehow (looks at her manga) but I can't really remember. I think he makes a lot of sense though, and he's a lot like Ed (hating the military, didn't it say that he killed State Alchemists as well as other people), the eye color, the fact that he's been locked up for a long time (could explain why the mother never heard from him, or maybe she knew about his past and decided to ignore it) and that he fits the cool aspect of the characters. So what do you think?

By the way, nice to meet everyone, I'm new here. Call me Setsuna. ^_^
Hi Setsuna, sorry to burst your bubble but no, it is not Kimberly the Psycho Alchemist (ok ok Mad Bomber... but how different is that? :P). You don't even need the manga to prove any of this.

Just take a look at the opening sequence where Alphonse speaks his monologue. Note the picture of the full Elric family. You can still see the bottom of Father Elric's face in the picture. Blond beard (yes you can shave it off but it shows all his hair is blond). Square jaw. That does not fit Kimberly at all.
Old 2004-03-26, 08:30   Link #3
NinjaSetsuna

:-o

Consider my bubble popped.

So who do you think is the father then?
Old 2004-03-26, 12:31   Link #4
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Hi Setsuna, sorry to burst your bubble but no, it is not Kimberly the Psycho Alchemist (ok ok Mad Bomber... but how different is that? :P). You don't even need the manga to prove any of this.

Just take a look at the opening sequence where Alphonse speaks his monologue. Note the picture of the full Elric family. You can still see the bottom of Father Elric's face in the picture. Blond beard (yes you can shave it off but it shows all his hair is blond). Square jaw. That does not fit Kimberly at all.
I have an even better bubble burster (no offense to yours) :P

Mustang said the army is looking for Elric's father. But the crimson alchemist was already captured and inprisoned . So far we don't anything about his dad other than: 1. he could have made the humonculous 2. He's Ed's and Al's father
Old 2004-03-28, 05:52   Link #5
Onin

Send a message via AIM to Onin Send a message via MSN to Onin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I have an even better bubble burster (no offense to yours) :P

Mustang said the army is looking for Elric's father. But the crimson alchemist was already captured and inprisoned . So far we don't anything about his dad other than: 1. he could have made the humonculous 2. He's Ed's and Al's father
or 3, the father is dead
It seems Ed hates his father so I don't think Ed will put any effort to finding him :/
But i think we wont find out for a while who he is because it seems his father is a good enough alchemist for the attempts of State Alchemists to go on any leads to find him :O. So most likely he is one of the keys to perfect human alchemy which Ed needs. As for now, it's really just guessing^^:. My guess is he is dead :/
Old 2004-03-28, 06:56   Link #6
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onin
or 3, the father is dead
It seems Ed hates his father so I don't think Ed will put any effort to finding him :/
But i think we wont find out for a while who he is because it seems his father is a good enough alchemist for the attempts of State Alchemists to go on any leads to find him :O. So most likely he is one of the keys to perfect human alchemy which Ed needs. As for now, it's really just guessing^^:. My guess is he is dead :/
1. Not all qualified alchemist want to become National Alchemist. Being a National Alchemist means being the dog of the military. You gets your research budget, access to restricted research library, but when the military needs you to do its bidding, you go. Elric Brother's master Izumi Curtis most definately qualified as a National Alchemist, and she kicked Edward's ass when she found out that Edward has sold himself to the military.

2. Edward's Father is most definately alive. On her last trip to Central, Izumi mentioned meeting an impressive alchemist named Hohenheim (not realizing who he was). Hohenheim Elric is Ed & Al's father. Edward truely hates him for deserting the family.

Last edited by BigFire; 2004-03-28 at 20:36.
Old 2004-03-28, 21:45   Link #7
NinjaSetsuna

Do you think he's important to the overall plot, is he going to become significant somehow or he was just the starting point in this whole story.
Closed Thread