AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 00:05   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 590 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-06-20 at 07:51.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 04:40   Link #2
Mukuro123

Man oh man, this has to be one of my favorite chapters in a while. I was just so very close to tearing up when reading this chapter. It also raised the same old question of just whole the hell Tobi is, and what role he exactly played in this ploy.
Mukuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 05:02   Link #3
ImperialFlameGod8190

this chapter was not very good it didnt give any progress to the story i mean the last 2 months instead of great battles like we thought we get the backstory of Kabuto a character who didnt need a backstory as far as im concerned and now more muddying of the Uchiha massacre one of the most important events in the series.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 05:04   Link #4
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so naruto end in 600?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 05:05   Link #5
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I thought this was one of the stronger chapters in a while. Also, Edo Madara is also fading away, which means Tobi has to have some sort of backup plan.

I hope.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 05:08   Link #6
Casshern

Spoiler for 590:
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 05:15   Link #7
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

I do indeed enjoy this chapter, though it wasn't the best time to release the Edo Tensei. I mean, the Kages vs. Madara fight is getting really interesting. And even though most think that the kages are no match to the "perfect" Susano of Madara, still, I wouldn't want the fight to end in Madara dissolving away due to the release of the jutsu. I mean, it's like watching a really great action movie, when the bad guy is about to kill the hero, but deep in your mind you're thinking that the hero at one point will reverse the situation and eventually win, but before the climax, your pesky brother changed the channel.

You know...
Old 2012-06-20, 06:13   Link #8
haegar
mangaviking

considering Itachi had the time to do quite some talking and share his memories there is a chance Madara can perform a thing or two, too before completely fading - though his waning Susano would suggest otherwise... I wonder what Tobi is gonna do now ...

The flashback I liked I got to say, maybe Itachi should have shown him that stuff a whole lot earlier, would have spared us some talk-no-jutsu along the way XD

While the Kage's seem safe now I don't see them in any state to back up Naruto so I guess that is it? Next chapter Naruto Tobi?
Old 2012-06-20, 06:14   Link #9
ronin myael
lost ronin

so edo-tensei ends and we get a tender moment of bromance from the uchihas. not bad. i expected itachi to do his usual forehead flick but he kissed sasuke instead. i just found the "i will love you forever" a little cheesy though. i wonder if that's a correct translation.

it's interesting to note that itachi never claimed tobi to be madara nor did tobi claim to be madara in that flashback.
Old 2012-06-20, 06:16   Link #10
haegar
mangaviking

^ well he did look very "madara style" with the hairdo though - wonder if he was crossdressing or in the past really looked the part
Old 2012-06-20, 06:36   Link #11
Eleutheria
旅行癖

haven't seen the raw, but there is probably something lost in translation in the last line.

In Japanese/Chinese, it's really easy to tell from context that love does not necessarily mean romantic love. In Greek there are many words for different kinds of love (eros = erotic love, agape = unconditional love etc)

But in English, and especially in the world of manga, the word "love" is really tainted with romantic connotations, so much so that whenever the word appears people immediately think "ooo Sasuke x Itachi" instead of sibling/familial love.
Old 2012-06-20, 07:57   Link #12
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
haven't seen the raw, but there is probably something lost in translation in the last line.

In Japanese/Chinese, it's really easy to tell from context that love does not necessarily mean romantic love. In Greek there are many words for different kinds of love (eros = erotic love, agape = unconditional love etc)

But in English, and especially in the world of manga, the word "love" is really tainted with romantic connotations, so much so that whenever the word appears people immediately think "ooo Sasuke x Itachi" instead of sibling/familial love.
The translators used the literal meaning, since in the raw, Itachi did say" aishiteru"
Old 2012-06-20, 07:59   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Maybe some Naruto fans have read one too many Hentai fanfic. While the "love you" does sound corny and cliche, a serious reader would understand the context of love here.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:14   Link #14
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Maybe some Naruto fans have read one too many Hentai fanfic. While the "love you" does sound corny and cliche, a serious reader would understand the context of love here.
in japanese culture they rarely say "i love you" though. even in love confessions they often use "suki" or "dai suki" which means like. they rarely say "aishiteru". it's even rarer for siblings or family members to say "i love you" to each other. i'm just curious about itachi's exact words.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:23   Link #15
yakumo-chan

The story of this chapter was great,
although the parents saying "we are proud of you" and "I understand" while Itachi is killing them was stupid
Old 2012-06-20, 08:51   Link #16
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
in japanese culture they rarely say "i love you" though. even in love confessions they often use "suki" or "dai suki" which means like. they rarely say "aishiteru". it's even rarer for siblings or family members to say "i love you" to each other. i'm just curious about itachi's exact words.
He is telling his little brother that he loves him...Simple as that.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:03   Link #17
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

One of my favorite parts of the chapter was the dynamic between Danzou and Hiruzen. This whole time, we have kind of assumed that Hiruzen was this big softy and saving Sasuke was something that he was primarily responsible for. But now we learn that not only did Hiruzen not object to the idea of killing children (he merely thought it was cruel to discuss it in front of Itachi), but it was Danzou that offered Itachi the initial chance to save Sasuke, who otherwise would have been killed if the situation escalated to the point where Hiruzen had to destroy the clan to protect the village. So while it's true that Hiruzen did everything he could to solve the problem through diplomacy first, this should put to rest all the murmurs around here suggesting that the Uchiha massacre was somehow proof that he was a weak leader allowing an action he was against. He was fully aware of how necessary it was, and he was willing to kill the children for the village's safety. Not quite the sweet old grandpa we're used to.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:18   Link #18
ri.kenji
Lazy Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
I thought this was one of the stronger chapters in a while. Also, Edo Madara is also fading away, which means Tobi has to have some sort of backup plan.

I hope.
Madara still has a shot at being resurrected since the jutsu was merely cancelled. Kabuto is pretty much in a vulnerable state, and if Sasuke doesn't kill him, Tobi could learn to use edo tensei. If the hokage seal him first, however, he'd be gone for good.
ri.kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 09:27   Link #19
kitten320

Maybe that will make Sasuke less revenge directed since Itachi had a free choice of what to so. No one forced him to kill Uchiha, it was a free choice.
Old 2012-06-20, 09:37   Link #20
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I bet the author loved the chapter Well, it was good, mainly for showing things a bit different this time around and explaining what really happened with Shisui, which has been due many many chapters now. Looking forward to the rest of this...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion