AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-07-29, 13:21   Link #81
Undertaker

One Piece - The most download TV series in the world

I just came across this information recently and did a bit of follow up and research. I would just like to know what people think of this and their reactions.

According to Big Champagne, One Piece is the most downloaded TV series in the WORLD via BT on the week ending July 4th, 2008. Download volumes are calculated based swarm sizes, swarm speeds and file sizes of a series including all episodes/seasons, variations on a GLOBAL scale to reflect the GLOBAL popularity.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/12916.html

Further followup shows that as of the week ending July 24th, 2008. One Piece is still sitting pretty at the top spot and has been for 4 straight weeks since the week of June 30th when it moves for 4th to 1st. It is also the only anime that crack the top 20 on thier list for those 4 weeks.

http://newteevee.com/2008/07/25/top-...s-this-week-4/

I also did a little research on the company, Big Champagne is an well known internet traffic researching company that mainly known for it music trafficking and bussiness marketing research. Their reports used by music/movie industry in monitoring music/movie piracy. Reports are avalible to bussinesses for purchase and are partners to OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development), Forrester, Harvard University, etc. So research result should be pretty legit it taking all context into account and see it as what it is.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2008-07-29 at 14:54.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 14:07   Link #82
Fyria

That's no real suprise, most of here already knew that One Piece is most popular already, almost twice or 3x more popular than Naruto or Bleach.

Naruto is mainly more popular on western internet media and younger users since it got better timing when animes become popular.

But this is totally wrong thread for all this.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 15:13   Link #83
Undertaker

I understand, but I don't know where to put it because idealy I was hoping it'll be a topic stater but the forum doesn't allow the creation of new theard.

Anyway, I know most knew by now that OP is more popular than Naruto and Bleach outside of U.S. hell, I'm one of the frequent defender in "Why OP is Less Popular..." theard. what I'm surprised was that it's a list consist of drama series, and shows and alike. The fact that OP is the only anime series in top 20 and one of the only 4 animated shows on a list that measures GLOBAL traffic is a pretty impressive accomplishment.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 03:51   Link #84
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I understand, but I don't know where to put it because idealy I was hoping it'll be a topic stater but the forum doesn't allow the creation of new theard.
There is a thread that discuss the popularity of one piece. You can post the update in that thread.

Quote:
what I'm surprised was that it's a list consist of drama series, and shows and alike. The fact that OP is the only anime series in top 20 and one of the only 4 animated shows on a list that measures GLOBAL traffic is a pretty impressive accomplishment.
I think you should check back when the new season starts for those series, and One Piece starts one of its filler breaks. But, there can be many things to say about the reasons for that, including a core base for the series that usually go above the kid age (meaning they are loyal fans) and consistent ongoing animation quality to stay valid for most of the available episodes (the other popular series do not share that), etc. Interestingly, the remaining of the first four are the only series I follow. You can look for conspiracy there too. Anyway, we are in the off-topic region, so, I guess, the mods can move these posts to the appropriate thread.

And, on a different matter, a large portion of chapter 509 is out!
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 11:17   Link #85
marvelB

I'm thinking that it may be about time for a thread to be made on an in-depth discussion on the subject of Haki/ambition/spirit burst, considering some recent events in the manga....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 07:34   Link #86
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm thinking that it may be about time for a thread to be made on an in-depth discussion on the subject of Haki/ambition/spirit burst, considering some recent events in the manga....
I'm only on chapter 155 so I would know about these recent events but if you think there is something worthy of discussion then please go ahead and create the opening post here in this thread (as if you were creating the new thread itself) and I can split it off to create the new thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 10:39   Link #87
marvelB

Okay then, here I go:

In recent storylines, we've learned of a powerful ability called "Haki" (which has also been translated as "ambition" or "spirit") which was first demonstrated by Red-Haired Shanks when meeting with Whitebeard. In the current manga storyline, we have signs of Haki awakening in Luffy, when he knocked out Duval's bull without actually doing anything. Not long afterwards we're introduced to the Pirate King's first mate, Silvers Rayleigh, who has full mastery of the ability (and was most likely the one who taught it to Shanks in the first place). It's my view that Haki may be one of the most important abilities in the series, and may even be the key to beating opponents with Logia powers without exploiting their weaknesses through a gimmick (though I actually do enjoy the gimmicks, myself ).

I think that Rayleigh will teach Luffy a little something about Haki before the crew leaves the Sabaody islands, which will result in a new power-up for Luffy in the future (Gear 4?). I also believe that Zoro knows Haki to an extent as well, though not the same type that we've seen from Shanks or Rayleigh. His "Haki" seems to be more "demonic", to the point that it's visible to people (like with his Asura technique). It may even be possible that Haki is what Zoro needs to hear "the breath of all things". Indeed, Haki may be capable of all sorts of miracles in the future....

So, what are your views on this mysterious power? Discuss!
Old 2008-08-10, 10:51   Link #88
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Okay then, here I go:
One Piece "Haki" Thread created. Let me know if the title is OK or not.
Old 2008-08-10, 11:04   Link #89
marvelB

Yeah I think it's good, though I do believe it should be added that it's a manga thread, so as to not spoil the anime watchers.
Old 2008-08-27, 09:40   Link #90
Fyria

One piece chapter 512 thread pls
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 09:40   Link #91
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
One piece chapter 512 thread pls
Beat you by about 10 seconds.
Old 2008-09-09, 06:09   Link #92
Prestige

Hey, newest chapter 514 spoilers are leaking out so perhaps new chapter thread would be in place.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 11:01   Link #93
marvelB

Well, I've got a new thread request: I'm wondering if we can have a "villain speculation" thread? That is, we predict what type of new villains will appear in the manga (they don't have to be "main" villains either), while also speculating on the preexisting villains that we know little about? I think that would make for a pretty interesting thread....
Old 2008-09-14, 14:01   Link #94
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Well, I've got a new thread request: I'm wondering if we can have a "villain speculation" thread? That is, we predict what type of new villains will appear in the manga (they don't have to be "main" villains either), while also speculating on the preexisting villains that we know little about? I think that would make for a pretty interesting thread....
OK, can you create the introductory post in this thread and I'll move it and create the new thread from that.
Old 2008-09-14, 15:06   Link #95
marvelB

Here I go, then:

One Piece certainly has a wide variety of villains, yet we're still at the halfway point of the series. What sort of wacky new villains (be they main villains or lackeys) do you think the Straw-Hat pirates will encounter in the future? Also, what are your thoughts on future adversaries that we currently know little about (like Jinbei, Akainu, Kaidou, etc.)? I'll post my thoughts in a bit, but feel free to share your thoughts first!
Old 2008-09-14, 15:16   Link #96
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thread created, Villain Speculation [Manga]
Old 2008-09-14, 22:08   Link #97
The_Three_Kings

How about a: Rate Straw Hat Pirates Strongest to Weakest board?
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 02:59   Link #98
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
How about a: Rate Straw Hat Pirates Strongest to Weakest board?
We have a number of threads of that nature, I'm not sure we need one specifically for the Strawhats.

Who is the strongest guy/gal in OP?
Luffy the strongest of East Blue?
who is the most powerful character in OP?
Old 2008-09-15, 15:11   Link #99
ellifeedn
Thinker

I checked and found that there are no character discussion threads for any of the Strawhats. Should there be threads for each of them or will a general character discussion thread suffice?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 20:02   Link #100
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
We have a number of threads of that nature, I'm not sure we need one specifically for the Strawhats.

Who is the strongest guy/gal in OP?
Luffy the strongest of East Blue?
who is the most powerful character in OP?
But all three of those boards are inactive! The Strawhats are the main characters, shouldn't they get their own page? Even Blackbeard who has barely even made any episode appearances got his own board.......

Last edited by The_Three_Kings; 2008-09-18 at 21:30.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote