Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-24, 16:18   Link #2381
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I remember someone once posted in this forum a picture of Strike Freedom models still on store shelves (implying no one's buying them). But that was years ago, and I don't collect models, so maybe I'm mistaken.
The Strike Freedom is still well loved, as is CE. Kira & Lacus dominated NewType polls for nearly a decade, even endured far longer than their 00 counterpart (which had terrible staying power).

Spoiler for Strike Freedom still #1 kit.:

I remember when GSD first aired. A great many doujin was published as the show progressed, pretty much indicating DESTINY's popularity, despite its numerous flaws.

Sure, people on the opposite side of the pacific believe DESTINY was flawed & terrible, but these same individuals often neglect the fact that DESTINY was hugely popular in Japan, and still is, in some manner. Again, despite DESTINY's faults and flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
While talking about portrayal, Setsuna's not-so-stellar record in the series prior to 00 Raiser debut might have some factors in giving him only 5th place.
Keep in mind that Kira was the samurai. He was probably the most idealistically portrayed Japanese character in Gundam, and one whose presence gave fangirl braingasms. Lacus on the other hand, was your ideal Yamato Nadeshiko, and a very skilled one, at that. Though if Kira was without Lacus... he would never dominate the polls as he did.

As for 00, you know, I really want to love 00, but when it came to 00's characters... ... ... *sigh*

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 16:30   Link #2382
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Keep in mind that Kira was the samurai. He was probably the most idealistically portrayed Japanese character in Gundam, and one whose presence gave fangirl braingasms.

As for 00, you know, I really want to love 00, but when it came to 00's characters... ... ... *sigh*

- Tak
Not gonna argue. The presence of such character is something to be awed the first time you hear about them. (Well, I did at first, not gonna lie )

On the other hand, despite their flaws, I still love the 00 cast
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 16:31   Link #2383
Undertaker

Exactly, that's why a lot of stuff really down to uniqueness of Asian culture.

KiraxLacus is actually a good example that while most of westerner would claim they don't have a relation because lack of physical interaction, but to most Asians, their relationship was portrayed perfectly and ideally even if that type of relationship is no longer on par with the reality. Similar to say KeiichixBelldandy the forever kindergarden lover of AMG.
Old 2011-08-24, 16:36   Link #2384
Undertaker

Quote:
No idea how it happened. The idea of 00 movie, which resurfaced the hope for SEED movie, might have a hand on giving him boost on this poll. In my opinion though, Kira isn't that bad.

While talking about portrayal, Setsuna's not-so-stellar record in the series prior to 00 Raiser debut might have some factors in giving him only 5th place.

Setsuna being 5th doesn't suprise me, I'm more shocked on the Transsexual being in the 4th since G is usually considered as weakest Gundam series and he himself is usually in the 6-15 range...
Old 2011-08-24, 16:42   Link #2385
kakakka

Hahaha. Maybe that infamous scene about fighting mechas by himself has given him such reputation.

About the list, I have to admit, it's not really perfect. I mean, Patrick Colasour is in that list.
Old 2011-08-24, 16:44   Link #2386
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Exactly, that's why a lot of stuff really down to uniqueness of Asian culture.
Quote:
Not gonna argue. The presence of such character is something to be awed the first time you hear about them. (Well, I did at first, not gonna lie )
When people mention how manipulative Lacus was, well, she is. As a stereotypical Yamato Nadeshiko, she possess the ability to love her man all the while steering the events surrounding them in a direction where he least notice.

Then after the fact, he'd actually come to her woman and compliment her on a job well done.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-08-24, 17:04   Link #2387
kakakka

LOL.

Lacus is scary on how she could manipulate things off screen. I sometimes wonder what she can do if she's the antagonist of a story.
Old 2011-08-24, 18:11   Link #2388
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
But you have to admit, it was the twisted infatuation of Flay that allowed Kira to fight many of his battles.

Although in retrospect, Kira must have felt really fucking stupid.

- Tak
Which doesn't mean that he loved her. In Seed, Kira was not able to love someone because he was broken.

Quote:
I remember, because I looked up the names in the list.

From this post:http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...84#post3437784
Thanks for the link ! I'm so happy to see Kira at the second place
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 18:29   Link #2389
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Which doesn't mean that he loved her. In Seed, Kira was not able to love someone because he was broken.
I didn't say he did. I said he was infatuated with her in a twisted and unhealthy way, which is not love make.

- Tak

Old 2011-08-24, 19:18   Link #2390
Undertaker

Quote:
LOL.

Lacus is scary on how she could manipulate things off screen. I sometimes wonder what she can do if she's the antagonist of a story.

Which is partly why I didn't like GSD, again, it was entertaining, but it didn't mean I liked it. Because I thought the series could have been so much better.

If they were to focus on solely on Kira after mid way, they could show how Lacus manipulates everything in the back. GS also missed a lot of that part, but at least they kept the focus on KiraxAthrun and Lacus' involvement is more secondary.

And really that pretty much shows what GSD is, a dumb down summery of what otherwise a complex event.

Quote:
I didn't say he did. I said he was infatuated with her in a twisted and unhealthy way, which is not love make.

- Tak
I look it as more of "I love you as my sex toy" and "dream come true" type of way after all they did show that Kira had crush on her and he did love her to a certain point, just in a very unhealthy way, for both of then. As for all the kills Kira did for her, you gotta pay for the service, right? (P.S. I don't mean it in a disrespectful way to women, but that was what that whole thing was, so don't flame me for it. )
Old 2011-08-24, 20:29   Link #2391
rakusukira

Quote:
LOL.

THIS would be interesting.. and Kira... being the loyal lover, would never leave her side.. Kira too would make a great antagonist!!
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 21:08   Link #2392
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

One little news about some shitty Hd remaster of Seed and the Gundam forum is suddenly alive..

CE (after 10 years) >>>>>>>>>> Everything else.
I wanted to point that out just to piss off the haters (you're welcome^^).
Old 2011-08-24, 21:13   Link #2393
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
THIS would be interesting.. and Kira... being the loyal lover, would never leave her side.. Kira too would make a great antagonist!!
Actually, it's too late to turn them. the best the current situation can do is give a bit of friction between the two. Just to shake things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
One little news about some shitty Hd remaster of Seed and the Gundam forum is suddenly alive..

CE (after 10 years) >>>>>>>>>> Everything else.
I wanted to point that out just to piss off the haters (you're welcome^^).
Gundam Fans were always tsuntsun when it came to SEED. Destiny is another story though.

I'm hoping they do minor tweaks so that a movie will be possible. but that's wishful thinking though
Old 2011-08-24, 22:00   Link #2394
Washu-Chan