AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-03-04, 18:10   Link #5661
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Which is too bad since they've had PLENTY of opprotunities to insert filler/padding episodes throughout the entire run of the anime to make it longer so they wouldn't have run into this problem to begin with.

Even a few silly 'quest-of-the-week' episodes would have been nice for the other guild members like Kana and Elfman just to name a few. I would have loved to have seen Team ShadowGear out on a few quests myself. Even then, the other guilds such as Lamina Scale had some good characters that could have gotten an episode or two. It was really a long list of Missed Moments of Awesome for the anime since they didn't approach it like that - I guess the producers/directors didn't want fan-hate to surface because of too many fillers that Bleach suffered from. Personally, I think that Naruto handled the fillers a bit better than Bleach did but I digress.

As for the actual episode...they actually made it more unbearable to watch Lucy getting pummelled. I had to take a 'cool down' walk around my house before I calmed down enough to finish the episode. This couldn't have been the first time that SaberTooth has brutalized someone ... where is the anti-magic field or something to act as an enforcement on contestants who take things too far? The Magic Council soldiers are all useless - not hating on Neko-chan, but if a score of 300 is good enough to be a captain...they have no real right to try and enforce something that they have to have other people hired out to do for them. Or at least have one of the top Wizard Saints there to act as an Arbiter, y'know?

*sigh* What would have made my day was if it was to be an original anime ending, to have Juvia of all people launch herself at Minerva for doing that to Lucy and then have a massive Saber vs Fairy guild war right there in the capital. THAT would be Awesome. Of course, Fairy Tail would win but it would be just amazing to see.

Of course, I think Ultear's having flashbacks of how she was in her day. And for some reason, Minerva reminds me of Azula a bit: not as Magnificent as the Fire Princess was but even more so of a B****.
Old 2013-03-06, 05:35   Link #5662
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Not many. Inuyasha got a 26 episode series to rush through and finish it off, and Full Metal Alchemist got a 60 odd episode reboot of the series. Hunter x Hunter did an arc in OVAs. None of which really counts as "took a break and came back". The only series I know of that did that is Gintama.
Plenty of series did, actually. Girls und Panzer is the most recent example, but there's also the two To Aru series Index and Railgun, Sora no Otoshimono, Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima and so forth and so forth. Arguably the most famous would be Code Geass, which ended it's first season on a massive cliffhanger.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 09:24   Link #5663
DanielMors
Second Stake of Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Plenty of series did, actually. Girls und Panzer is the most recent example, but there's also the two To Aru series Index and Railgun, Sora no Otoshimono, Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima and so forth and so forth. Arguably the most famous would be Code Geass, which ended it's first season on a massive cliffhanger.
Way to miss the point. None of those took a sudden break. Every show you named was announced to have a set number of episodes, and was later renewed for another season. Comparing them to long running shounen shows simply doesn't make any sense.
DanielMors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 02:50   Link #5664
DarkJak2050

You guys might want to read this.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 04:41   Link #5665
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMors View Post
Way to miss the point. None of those took a sudden break. Every show you named was announced to have a set number of episodes, and was later renewed for another season. Comparing them to long running shounen shows simply doesn't make any sense.
Right, sorry. But the ideology is mostly the same. Most anime's stop after a season because A: it costs a lot, and stopping early lets them cut their losses if the anime proves to be unpopular or B: The source material is running out.

Fairy Tail is a little of column A, a little of column B. They're running out of source material, but making fillers would be expensive. Taking a break is simply more cost-effective.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 15:30   Link #5666
shadow1296

I had a feeling that the anime was ending, because its been my experience whenever a show has its name in its opening as apart of its chorus its usually coming to a close, granted this is not always true but usaully
Old 2013-03-07, 16:52   Link #5667
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Well certainly doesn't sound like the end of the world from that.
Old 2013-03-07, 17:20   Link #5668
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Hum... They're either going into reruns to make time and prevent the show from catching up to the manga (continuing from where it left off when the reruns hit the place the show originally ended) or they're going to continue the story in OVA format. I wouldn't bet on a movie given the lackluster result of the previous one though.
Old 2013-03-07, 21:02   Link #5669
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I wouldn't bet on a movie given the lackluster result of the previous one though.
If the movie results was as lackluster as people seem to think, they wouldn't have bothered with the expense of animating the prologue chapter as an extra. On a related note, the limited edition of volume 36 with the movie has sold 87,181 copies thus far that we know of at a price point of 3980 yen as opposed to the regular edition's price point of 440 yen. So it's effectively sold 87,181 dvds at a price of 3540 yen per dvd. That's not what people define as bad DVD sales.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 21:59   Link #5670
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

^Oh, you got this information where? I've been searching for some information about how the FT movie did commercially. I'm hoping for more FT movies, but that can only happen when the first one does well.

On-topic now, when Mashima says "Anime is not the end" then I'd believe that the anime is not the end! Even if there is still no official news, it certainly sounds like it's just going into hiatus, and would resume in the future. By all means, do!
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 22:07   Link #5671
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
^Oh, you got this information where? I've been searching for some information about how the FT movie did commercially. I'm hoping for more FT movies, but that can only happen when the first one does well.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...february-18-24

That's for week before last, it's listed down at #45. It likely sold more last week, it's just below the reporting threshold. The prices for each edition come from amazon.co.jp.

I'd also bet it did better at the box office than reported, as boxofficemojo seems a bit screwy and incomplete with international box offices, but that and movie related merchandise sales is much harder to quantify.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:08   Link #5672
Jetzero Infinity

I think what most people forget about the movie was that it was given a somewhat limited theatrical run to begin with. It wasn't playing in every theater so it;s not that surprising it was only a top billed movie for one week of its run and you can't really gauge it's success based o just that.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 16:24   Link #5673
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
I think what most people forget about the movie was that it was given a somewhat limited theatrical run to begin with. It wasn't playing in every theater so it;s not that surprising it was only a top billed movie for one week of its run and you can't really gauge it's success based o just that.
Then I redact my statement. I was working with limited facts to begin with. I was actually thinking that a movie as a way to finish up the arc made sense but given what I had been told about the movie not being a particularly large seller I wrote that theory off. If it was indeed just a case of limited exposure then I have to rethink my theory.
Old 2013-03-08, 22:44   Link #5674
ImperialFlameGod8190

Episode just aired and it was pretty much as predicted and just as amusing as it gets next week comes what we've all been waiting for
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 23:27   Link #5675
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Almost more amusing in the anime, then it was in the manga, heh. Ichiya's fight, that is.

And Mashima sure knows how to manipulate your emotions into REALLY wanting to see bad guys beat down. It's just that one of my few complaints was how Lucy was handled this arc; she really played the part of the chew toy.

Next episode should be interesting; while it implies the DS's are gonna fight, I'm actually looking forward to the LS vs. MH fight. Curious to see how much the anime expands on it. I almost prefer that fight to the DS one, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 00:11   Link #5676
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Almost more amusing in the anime, then it was in the manga, heh. Ichiya's fight, that is.

And Mashima sure knows how to manipulate your emotions into REALLY wanting to see bad guys beat down. It's just that one of my few complaints was how Lucy was handled this arc; she really played the part of the chew toy.

Next episode should be interesting; while it implies the DS's are gonna fight, I'm actually looking forward to the LS vs. MH fight. Curious to see how much the anime expands on it. I almost prefer that fight to the DS one, heh.
Yeah, I kind of wish that they didn't have to use Lucy twice to make us hate the other guilds in this thing. Seems like Mashima really doubled up in this arc. Wendy+Lucy to hate Raven Tail, then Yukino+Lucy again, to hate Sabertooth. I feel bad for Lucy. She really better get a good fight at some point where she just fights hard and wins. Enough being the punching bag.

That was....some fight from Ichiya. Goes to show he is certainly powerful, much as one would find it hard to believe . It's not exactly standard tactics, but it works to be sure. Good laugh from the true identity of the rabbit. I'm proud to say I'd never have guessed that, because then I'd feel bad .

Now it's just chomping at the bit for the showdown. Time for Fairy Tail to just crush Sabertooth into the ground. Taking history of Phantom, Oracion Seis, and Grimoire Heart; a fight with Fairy Tail will end up with your guild completely obliterated.
Old 2013-03-09, 00:27   Link #5677
ellessarr
Banned

MAN, i can't stop of laught very funny the best part:
Spoiler:

and looks like the animation of this arc nearly the end getting a few better.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 03:42   Link #5678
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Double Ikemen attack!

Erza faints.

Ichiya... one of the few people to defeat Erza.
Old 2013-03-09, 07:10   Link #5679
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Double Ikemen attack!

Erza faints.

Ichiya... one of the few people to defeat Erza.
the thing even better then that is how everybody including Blue Pegasus basically wanted to throw up. Somebody make a sig of FT's face when they see rabbit that'll be funny
EDIT: I always wondered who the couple kissing in the BP box was it was jenny and Hibiki haha wow that's sad.

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2013-03-09 at 07:20.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 07:55   Link #5680
ookamigirl

Lucy was beaten up pretty badly.
Those Sabertooth guys are really obnoxious.
Now even Fairy Tail Teams A & B had to unite.
Fairy Tail united team! The best of the best!
Gray, Natsu, Gajeel, Laxus and Erza!
Blue Pegasus fight was more disturbing than anything else.
Ichiya was pretty impressive in that fight.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen