AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate: Fukaryouiki no Deja Vu (movie) Rating
Perfect 10 15 31.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-17, 04:03   Link #21
Freeter
beyond

This film was to S;G what Endless Waltz was to Gundam Wing: one big love letter to the fans. Even if it was an unnecessary sequel, you can't help but crave more interaction between Okabe and Kurisu. They're easily one of the best pairings ever seen in a series because they have such great chemistry.

The only downside was that most of the other characters spent the majority of the film on the sidelines and didn't contribute much other than their presence. It would have been nice to see everyone actually helping Kurisu enact her plan instead of just reminiscing.

Nonetheless, the movie was an enjoyable ride and a nice role reversal that brings everything full circle. Makes me wish Robotics;Notes could have been as good, because I'd love to see a film version of that.
Old 2013-12-18, 02:37   Link #22
Burden

DEM FEELS

The premise on
Spoiler for Movie spoiler:
Old 2013-12-19, 13:46   Link #23
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

one of my favourite things about it was how it was an entire role reversal.

Also that they had
Spoiler for VN spoilers?:

^Remove if not allowed to be posted.
Old 2013-12-21, 16:08   Link #24
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

My opinion of this film was mixed. Though I knew the creators wanted to establish more development between Kurisu and Okabe since the ending of the anime left out much. The time-travel plot wasn't as good and I think they should have made this as a OVA instead.
Old 2013-12-21, 23:56   Link #25
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I liked the movie, it was an enjoyable 90 minutes of really good animation and more steins;gate which is never bad. Role inversion and Kurisu's ovaries growing apparently in a year made the movie.

However what I really liked was the OP and ED. The ED specifically rocked the movie.

Cheers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2013-12-22, 13:14   Link #26
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So, what was up with the ending? Admittedly, I finished the movie around morning time, so I didn't really get it all lol. The movie was pretty awesome, though. It had the perfect mix of comedy and srs-ness. And the ED was rockin.
Old 2013-12-22, 19:30   Link #27
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

What about the ending don't you understand?

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2014-01-02, 07:45   Link #28
Qikz

Well as someone who adored Steins;Gate then went on to play the game, Hiyoku Renri no Darling, the newest game and bought the three books to read this was almost the final piece of media for me to watch. My opinion may be blinded by my eternal love for this series and it's characters but I loved it. I couldn't give it anything but an 11/10 and to be everything about it was just what I wanted.

Spoiler for story:

I'd go watch it again right this second if I didn't have to do things soon.
Old 2014-01-02, 19:12   Link #29
MCAL

Okay... That was a pretty decent movie. I don't think it was absolutely necessary for this movie to have existed, but is says much about how much I liked the characters that I wasn't really bothered by the plot being sort of meh. It was quite interesting (And perhaps a bit surreal) to have seen some of the VN moments (The Suzuha bad end and the Nae mini-arc). While the plot was meh, I was able to follow it just fine. The only part that confused me slightly was the very end. Unless I am very much reading this wrong, the implication was that Kurisu had met Okabe once when she was younger (Perhaps having run away from her father (Anyone who has read the manga story following Kurisu would know what I mean)) and this current Kurisu traveled back in time after that meeting had already happened.

Anyway, besides that, there's nothing else to say about this, except Imai Asami needs more seiyuu work pronto! She's very, very good. I give the film a low 8/10.
Old 2014-01-05, 14:47   Link #30
amasposu

I wish it would be a little longer. Nevertheless, I loved it. =)
Old 2014-01-21, 22:37   Link #31
LordNextro

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
I wish it would be a little longer. Nevertheless, I loved it. =)
it was a hour and 30 min.
did u want it to be 5 hours?
Old 2014-03-10, 19:49   Link #32
LeoXiao
思想工作

The movie was quite good even if it was unessential as others have pointed out. I've been inspired to rewatch the series.
Old 2014-03-22, 11:00   Link #33
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

I am dying to know the songs used in. 2 parts of the movie the first is around the 57:36 mark where Kurisu is running (lovely tune) and the other at 1:17:00 which I believe they are the same tube when looking back at it. If you could help would be great.

Subject of the movie though I'm late to Steins Gate but it was a fantastic show and the movie wasn't needed but I got to see the characters again which was great.
Old 2014-03-23, 04:48   Link #34
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Not as good as the original series and the story seems more suited for an OVA instead, but like others have stated, it's a nice treat for the fans. Especially those who want more Kurisu.
Old 2015-03-18, 12:11   Link #35
Yuuu

Is there any word on when the blu ray will come out in the US?
Old 2015-07-11, 09:00   Link #36
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I only watched this movie recently.

10/10. It brought the story of the series into a full circle: this time, we see Kurisu's perspective - and they love each other so damn much. Absolutely brilliant!
Closed Thread