AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 14 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 21.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-31, 03:54   Link #61
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cight View Post
The most obvious way of killing the Accelerator is to shoot him in the eye. No skin, no vector ability. Or Nerve gas him. And teleportation would definitely kill him as there is no movement involved and it is instantaneous. Meaning, unless that teleportation girl is level 5, the whole level thing is rubbish. It depends on exactly what your ability is and whether you have the brains to use it properly (which Touma does have). Also the Alchemist could also beat the Accelerator.

The fight in this episode should already be over. Touma had the perfect opportunity to inflict game over damage when he surprised him by slapping his hand aside.
You forgot? Imouto Already done that but it failed. He still redirected the bullet.
Old 2008-12-31, 04:10   Link #62
Mentar
Banned

About the dust explosion: I see no reason to question this aspect. They happen up to this very day, and in fact, wheat flour is extremely dangerous - I remember that 1 year ago a wheat mill exploded close to my parents' home. Therefore, all that Accelerator had to do was to provide an ignition source - and I don't see that this is hard to do. Smashing some sparks would already do the trick. Or hurling one of the steel rails into an electric installation.

That said, I doubt that it would be a good idea to delve too deeply into the "this is unrealistic" issue ... we're talking about Magic and Espers here, folks!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 04:51   Link #63
Cight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
You forgot? Imouto Already done that but it failed. He still redirected the bullet.
Are you referring to the fight in ep 11? I don't think she hit his eye, although it was close:
Cight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 04:52   Link #64
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hey! Touma did wake up in Mikoto's lap after all!

All is right in this world again!

I seriously don't get what's wrong with the little scene between Touma's current harem, am I really the only one who's interested in some back ground story about Espers and their powers? Even putting that aside, the scene was still cute

"Another one?!"
"That bastard!!"

The fight scene with Accelerator was cool, as expected of one with such haxx powers, he really does live up to his name- now I know why he is also called the 'One-way-street', not considering his power. Touma does his thing when standing up against a vastly superior enemy, for that I salute him. But as expected, Accelerator is on a whole new different level than any of his previous opponents. Not only can he control movement force, heat and electricity, but he can do it faster than a speeding bullet, hence why he kept mocking at Touma's speed.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 04:58   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
That said, I doubt that it would be a good idea to delve too deeply into the "this is unrealistic" issue ... we're talking about Magic and Espers here, folks!
For magic, maybe, but these "espers" have their powers based (supposedly) on scientific sources, so if something seems strange, then it being pointed out can't be helped.

Quote:
...? It didn't touch him but he somehow reflected it. Unless my memory is weakening, didn't he say he can control the vectors of objects that touch him?...
Arererere?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 05:00   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Are you referring to the fight in ep 11? I don't think she hit his eye, although it was close:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...? It didn't touch him but he somehow reflected it. Unless my memory is weakening, didn't he say he can control the vectors of objects that touch him?...
Arererere?
The only way he could redirect it is if it touches him, and yes the bullet did touch his eye, though the anime could've used a better angle like this

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-31, 05:08   Link #67
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The only way he could redirect it is if it touches him, and yes the bullet did touch his eye, though the anime could've used a better angle like this
Angle or nothing, it just isn't touching Accelerator in the anime, no matter how you bend your head, it's clear that a mysterious force field is stopping the bullet in its track before it hits him.

Yeah, it did seem like it hit him in the manga though. In the manga.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-12-31, 05:15   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Angle or nothing, it just isn't touching Accelerator in the anime, no matter how you bend your head, it's clear that a mysterious force field is stopping the bullet in its track before it hits him.

*Shrug*

So maybe it's the studio's choice of how to animate it; Nevertheless the point is that as long as it touches him even the slightest at any part of his body, he can redirect it.... And he certainly is fast enough to do it.
Old 2008-12-31, 05:31   Link #69
Cight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's completely different to the anime. It doesn't hit him in the eye. And he specifically says skin and that ain't skin.

Quoting from ep 11:
Accelerator: The answer is "vector change".
Momentum, heat, electric charge...
All kinds of "vectors" can be changed with just the touch of my skin.
I do have it set on "reflect" as default, though
(Eclipse)
Old 2008-12-31, 05:48   Link #70
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's good that you're sorry, though could you please delete your spoiler?
Quote:
But, yeah, delete your spoiler.
We saw something in the preview, but it's not like anyone knows what it is just by the looks of it with no explanation.
Did already happen... (including my first warning here )
Sorry, I am new here and I´m not conversant with the rules here yet... Well, but it isn´t something, I couldn´t figure out by myself, so I should just shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And what?

If a serie claims, what one of its powers bases on "science", I think, we can play "Myth Busters" here.

Of course, the problem isn´t "this is unrealistic". It´s "there is inconsistence in the established rules of the serie".
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 05:49   Link #71
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
That's completely different to the anime. It doesn't hit him in the eye. And he specifically says skin and that ain't skin.

Quoting from ep 11:
Accelerator: The answer is "vector change".
Momentum, heat, electric charge...
All kinds of "vectors" can be changed with just the touch of my skin.
I do have it set on "reflect" as default, though
(Eclipse)
Nobody bothers to read the source materiel, the light novels do they?
Even if did hit his eye, it would still be reflected. Hence even if you shot a nuclear bomb at him, the bomb will go back and blow up from where it came from before it explodes!
Old 2008-12-31, 06:00   Link #72
Bordix

^
yeah,what he said...(Well,unless he wants to get killed and turn off is his powers)

I just read the announcement concerning ep 14.So do we get a new ep next week?
Old 2008-12-31, 06:04   Link #73
Cight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Because this is a thread about an episode from the anime. Anime adaptions have a long history of deviating from the original source. So it isn't pertinent to bring up something from another source when the thing in question explicitly contradicts it.
Old 2008-12-31, 06:07   Link #74
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Even if did hit his eye, it would still be reflected. Hence even if you shot a nuclear bomb at him, the bomb will go back and blow up from where it came from before it explodes!
1. Why would it reflect back? Don't tell me, just because? It says "skin" but eye=/=skin, and yet it reflects back...

2. Assuming the bomb hits him. If the bomb explodes before that... (From what I remember, the use on the Japanese cities had the bombs exploding before it landed...?)

Quote:
I just read the announcement concerning ep 14.So do we get a new ep next week?
Supposedly, Wed night (Thurs morning for JP).

Old 2008-12-31, 07:03   Link #75
Clarste
Human

Quote:
1. Why would it reflect back? Don't tell me, just because? It says "skin" but eye=/=skin, and yet it reflects back...

2. Assuming the bomb hits him. If the bomb explodes before that... (From what I remember, the use on the Japanese cities had the bombs exploding before it landed...?)

1) I don't think we should be caught up on the technical meaning of the word "skin." Eyes have membranes too, maybe that counts? Who knows? It doesn't really matter. I think we can safely assume that his eyes are covered. Maybe he just said "skin" for ease of explanation. I guess that means that it doesn't work on his hair? Or not.

2) If he can't be hit by moving objects, I don't see why an explosion would hit him either. An explosion is just a bunch of shrapnel, heat, and a shockwave of moving air. All of which are perfectly reflectable with vector control. Although I agree that reflecting the bomb itself before it explodes is a nonsensical idea. That's not how bombs work.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 07:06   Link #76
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
1 PM (13:00) is the morning now?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 07:47   Link #77
sb075

Teleport type ESP in this series has the vector though I omit the detailed explanation.
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 09:07   Link #78
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Maybe Accelerator includes with "skin" also the "skin" of the eye...
In German it would make sense, because the cornea is called "Hornhaut" ( same word like "scarf skin" )

Quote:
... he would still survive, right?

Accelerator stated that he could even changed the "directions" of heat, in other words, of electromagnetic waves.

Spoiler for Crack imagination:

Oh, I should stop! This thought could melt my brain!
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 10:47   Link #79
Le Anh

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta

Actually, just from what we saw in the anime we should already know that Accelerator surrounds himself with an "aura" (in your words, "force field") that deflect everything except basic needs/what he want to get pass (don't know if it's true in novel/manga, but at least in anime it seems so).

He said he can control all kinds of vector of things touch his skin, true, but that probally not everything he can do. The explaintation in ep 11 looked more like he was teasing Misaka imouto than a detailed explaintation about power :P.

Last edited by Le Anh; 2008-12-31 at 11:16.
Le Anh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 15:40   Link #80
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Anh View Post
Actually, just from what we saw in the anime we should already know that Accelerator surrounds himself with an "aura" (in your words, "force field") that deflect everything except basic needs/what he want to get pass (don't know if it's true in novel/manga, but at least in anime it seems so).

He said he can control all kinds of vector of things touch his skin, true, but that probally not everything he can do. The explaintation in ep 11 looked more like he was teasing Misaka imouto than a detailed explaintation about power :P.
Fuh, the "there's more than was told" explanation? Unfortunately, it is specifically specified that he can control the vectors of stuff that touches him, and he is not "toying" with anyone by explaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
1 PM (13:00) is the morning now?
Yes, on AT-X.