AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-04, 20:00   Link #1601
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
WAAAAY to throw a curveball. Amazing as always, this manga just keeps surprising and surprising all over again
Old 2010-11-04, 20:10   Link #1602
Somnus
Eh?

I'm psyched for this arc, Bakuman keeps delivering for me.

It's always fun seeing Kaya, and FINALLY some more Mashiro x Miho.
Old 2010-11-04, 21:50   Link #1603
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

I figured when Fukada heard about Muto and Eiji both doing one-shots he would want to do one as well. didn't really imagen they would have a whole competition out of it.

good chapter. as i think about it i would hate it if someone used my story for a manga that would be told nationally. i figure that's what Saiko's gonna do.

also who is gonna win and who's gonna get another series. my prediction Eiji wins, and serialization is between Saiko, Iwase and Arai. i don't see Hiramaru getting a romantic series but, you never know. though Aoki might be in the running as well.
Old 2010-11-04, 22:25   Link #1604
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'd like to see Eiji fail at least once in something. This time would probably be the only chance it might happen with the genre they're all doing...
Old 2010-11-05, 07:33   Link #1605
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
didn't really imagen they would have a whole competition out of it.
Look from the business side. They already have pack of 4, including Eiji. Making full contest out of it is making readers go "Ah, yes, yes, I see..." instead of "W?!T?!F?!" - and such WTF are bad for sales.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-11-05, 11:00   Link #1606
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I'd like to see Eiji fail at least once in something. This time would probably be the only chance it might happen with the genre they're all doing...
Eiji's the big boss, he can't fail until our heroes take him down. Him being shown as anything less than awesome would just make his eventual loss underwhelming.
Old 2010-11-05, 11:18   Link #1607
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that went better than expected. I doubt something like that would ever happen in real life though.

I hope we'll get a glimpse of Hiramaru's one shot. A shounen version of Kimi ni Todoke done by him can be nothing but pure gold. I loved Aoki and Iwase's reactions when he made this announcement. The last part of the chapter was great, I never realized how extreme Miho was until now. She chose the man of her life when she was an elementary schooler...
Old 2010-11-05, 11:54   Link #1608
Solecs

I'm really hoping that Saiko pulls off a win. I agree with the sentiments that he has the most experience of the authors involved. Aoki could challenge with her experiences with Nakai though and we don't know much about Arai.

Saiko will probably pull some sappy idealistic romance story, but then that's pretty popular. I mean, we're all engrossed with his sappy idealistic romance story right?
Old 2010-11-05, 12:05   Link #1609
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looks like my speculation came true regarding the contest. Great turn of events, plus this could turn out to be my favorite arc of the manga.

I hope we get a good glimpse at everyone's one shots, even just a page would do. I just need to see Hiramaru's shounen version of Kimi ni Todoke.
Old 2010-11-05, 12:06   Link #1610
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I mean, we're all engrossed with his sappy idealistic romance story right?
No, not really...romance is Bakuman's weakest spot, bromance included. Still, it's a fun read for everything else
Old 2010-11-05, 12:18   Link #1611
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
I'm really hoping that Saiko pulls off a win. I agree with the sentiments that he has the most experience of the authors involved. Aoki could challenge with her experiences with Nakai though and we don't know much about Arai.

Saiko will probably pull some sappy idealistic romance story, but then that's pretty popular. I mean, we're all engrossed with his sappy idealistic romance story right?
what experience? it was all inside Nakai's head.
Old 2010-11-05, 12:18   Link #1612
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
I figured when Fukada heard about Muto and Eiji both doing one-shots he would want to do one as well. didn't really imagen they would have a whole competition out of it.

good chapter. as i think about it i would hate it if someone used my story for a manga that would be told nationally. i figure that's what Saiko's gonna do.

also who is gonna win and who's gonna get another series. my prediction Eiji wins, and serialization is between Saiko, Iwase and Arai. i don't see Hiramaru getting a romantic series but, you never know. though Aoki might be in the running as well.
Hiramaru wins, Saiko gets in 2nd.
Both are asked to get serialized, Aoki tells him how happy she is for him, and hiramaru asks her to do an collaboration work for the manga.
Saiko is pissed and obnoxious cuz he lost, but Miho is so friggin happy for him that it all turns out well.

+a volume's worth of chapters inbetween-these last 2 wrap up chapters for the arc
Old 2010-11-05, 15:48   Link #1613
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
romance is Bakuman's weakest spot, bromance included
I respectfully disagree.
Old 2010-11-05, 19:38   Link #1614
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
I like romance stories, but Saiko's I could do without. Bakuman is at its best when focusing on manga.
Old 2010-11-06, 05:18   Link #1615
janipani

kukuku... Shonen romance battle! This manga doesn't get any more hilarious.

And I really like that they took focus on romance in shonen, not to mention that romance in shojo is totally lacking what we boys need.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-11-06, 11:51   Link #1616
Solecs

Ok, so maybe it's just me who likes Saiko's relationship. Ah well, what can I do .

In any case, really looking forward to the competition and seeing each of the authors' takes on romance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
what experience? it was all inside Nakai's head.
I wouldn't say it was all Nakai. It felt like Aoki was at least starting to have some feelings about him, after the whole drawing in a blizzard event especially. Of course he royally screwed up on it later.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:04   Link #1617
chaos_alfa

For anyone not following the Bakuman anime. Last episode they expended the Two Earths story. It took around 5 minutes to tell it. (At least it felt that long ...). There is a good change they will also do this with Mashiro and Takagi's other mangas.
Old 2010-11-08, 12:10   Link #1618
Xagzan

I hope so. It was freakin awesome. I wish if they ever get to PCP they put it to Death Note music, but I guess that'd be too much to hope for.
Old 2010-11-12, 10:45   Link #1619
larethian

Spoiler for 109:
Old 2010-11-12, 11:28   Link #1620
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chapter 109:

Tags
manga, shounen