AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-07-01, 02:27   Link #1
kree

cosprayers 2 problems

Help.

I'm at my wits end, I have just spent 3 hours trying to get cosprayers episode 2 to work. I have re-installed divx realyplayer windows media player, media player classic, and ati media player.

I have removed every codecs on my computer and reinstalled them one by one hoping that might help. unfortunatly it did not.

I followed that up with another complete wipe, and followed the media configuration guide step by step, unfortunatly to no avail.

I realize i should probably describe the problem I am having.

when I try to open the file with several of my players the file refuses to open, when i open the player and loads the file the players crash. the only players thart will actually open the file are divx and realplayer, but divx only plays a half second loop, and realpayer has more distortion than viewable media.

anyone have asny ideas, of something I might have overlooked?

i would greatly apreciate any help given.
Old 2004-07-01, 05:03   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Are you certain that you finished downloading Cosprayers 2? Just to be certain please resume the download and see if it says "Download Succeeded".

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-07-01, 16:15   Link #3
kree

NoSanninWa thank you for replying,

I double checked the file last night, it and It has indeed finished downloading.

but under further study the problem is no longer just the crosprayers 2 file. after a couple more reboots, files 1 and 3 stopped working, and now I cannot even access the folder the files were located without explorer crashing.

so unfortunatly the problem is, most likely, that my HD is going bad. luckily I have a couple spares and a fair amount of warning so i can save most of my files.
Old 2004-07-01, 16:27   Link #4
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kree
NoSanninWa thank you for replying,

I double checked the file last night, it and It has indeed finished downloading.

but under further study the problem is no longer just the crosprayers 2 file. after a couple more reboots, files 1 and 3 stopped working, and now I cannot even access the folder the files were located without explorer crashing.

so unfortunatly the problem is, most likely, that my HD is going bad. luckily I have a couple spares and a fair amount of warning so i can save most of my files.
And what makes you so sure that you aren't infected by spyware/virii/trojans?
Old 2004-07-01, 18:29   Link #5
kirika

it's not that , i have got that problem with some triad files ,
it was because of xvid.ax how has a divided per 0 , that he can't solve , consequently , he stopped explorer and the video player how play the files .

i solve that by reinstall the xvid codec , i found on irc ,now ,all the files are openable .

kirika
Old 2004-07-04, 17:04   Link #6
kree

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
And what makes you so sure that you aren't infected by spyware/virii/trojans?
I run Norton and adaware almost religiously.

and indeed under further guidance of computer zealots, the explorer crashes are not HD related but a XP glitch involving thumbnail viewing. I have yet to discover the exact reasons behind the problem, but am not overly worried about it.

kinika,

thank you for the response,
I have tried reinstalling xvid, to no avail, however I'll try finding later versions that might solve my problem.

thanks to everyone trying to help, and hopefully the next time i post I'll be able to report successful viewing.
Old 2004-07-04, 17:40   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kree
kinika,

thank you for the response,
I have tried reinstalling xvid, to no avail, however I'll try finding later versions that might solve my problem.

thanks to everyone trying to help, and hopefully the next time i post I'll be able to report successful viewing.
Are you sure that you uninstall each and every codec before installing ffdshow?

If that does not help, get XviD Koepi's Build here.

If all fails, use the VideoLAN player. It has built-in codecs and won't use the installed codecs, so even if you have a codec issue it should play the file.

If these suggestions do not help at all, check the files integrity - again. Do it with this CRC Verifier (the CRC should be the same like in the filename (in the [..] brackets)) or with your BT client
Old 2004-07-06, 22:26   Link #8
kree

Sorry for not having posted again, I have been busy with work and watching Cosprayer.

The update did indeed work. Silly me for not updating everything first.

But waiting until someone told me what to update certainly saved me quite a bit of hassle.

one last thank you to all of you, and wishes that everyone else's problems are solved as readily.