AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-21, 19:56   Link #321
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno
Where have you been grss1982? That was mentioned in a post sometime back. Hahahaha!! I even did a full comparison breakdown for ep. 1 not too long after. I'll be posting ep. 2 and 3 at some point in time.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=629791 and http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=630416
and of course my madness http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=632455
Under a rock.

Anyways will check out the links you posted.
Old 2006-08-21, 20:57   Link #322
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982
Under a rock.

Anyways will check out the links you posted.
Hahaha!! I guess that would do it. I've been there almost all the time. It's so bad people are still laughing at me.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 22:23   Link #323
Carrie Asagiri
Knight Saber

Send a message via MSN to Carrie Asagiri Send a message via Yahoo to Carrie Asagiri
So...No ep 21 for this week?
Jeez, my addiction need its drug

Okay, let's wait and re watch some episodes in the meantime.
And thanks wrex_japan for your review.
Carrie Asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 00:43   Link #324
chrno

Red face I really need a life or I'm just...

Here we go again with another fun filled comparison write up.

I managed to view all 3 episodes this time. Since I already covered ep. 1 let’s move on to the next 2 episodes. But first a quick look again at DVD vol. 1 and what it contains.

DVD vol 1 contains the first 3 episodes, the original promotional video that first aired. Clean OP & ED, and cast interview with ‘Mamiko Noto’ (Masane Amaha).

Again this is analyzing screens and technical stuff. So I’m only doing this for fun. So you can check it out if you’re interested. or want to be bored out of your mind.

Comparison between TV broadcast ep. 2 -vs- DVD version vol. 1, ep. 2

Everything so far toward the beginning is the same. Remember this is the “non-action” episode.

spoiler tag in place to save space:
Spoiler:
Cue my song DAMMIT!!

Whoo, that was fun. Not funny as ep. 1 but good enough. Seems the highlight of this little experiment was ‘Mariko’s liquor bottles. As mentioned before many of the characters have been slicked up to match their model sheets more. Some of the backgrounds used are similar but with slight differences. While others are completely different. Various shots that range from good to average will not be changed as much. Again colors enhanced and things that you couldn’t make out before now can now be seen due to the aspect ratio.

To be continued with ep. 3.

Old 2006-08-22, 09:03   Link #325
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Thanks again Guido! I tried. Not really intending.
Again you make some more interesting points. And just after making a post earlier my head is starting to churn.

About the 3 wanted the 'Witchblade' but all for different reasons. As we can see with 'Maria' her desire is very plain and simple. Wado's is pretty simple too. In fact it's so simple that he can't be trusted. He want's 'Takayama' out of the way, but he seems the type of backstabbing Nishida' as well. But considering how childish he is chances are he probably couldn't pull that off effectively. Why else is he accepting help. Him and 'Nishida's "I know what you did last summer..." actions are going to cause their downfall. They may be working together to get the 'WB' but there is one little problem. 'Maria', who holds more control over this decision. 'Nishida' can't afford to f*** up now. While I could care less about 'Wado', because we all know where his head is, I'm curious to find out what 'Nishida' is planning. While we know it's about 'Riko' it's going to be a nightmare if 'Maria' finds out. Because that whole ordeal in ep. 15 wasn't finished. Forgotten for now but it's coming up again.

Hopefully at some point we will know more why all this is happening.

"It's about a mother's love. It's about sacrifice. But mostly it's about a mother's love."
I'm posting a quick rundown of who gets at the other's throat.
Wado getting killed by Nishida / Takayama / Segawa.
Nishida murdered wannabe by Maria / Masane.
Maria wasted by Masane / Nishida

Thinking carefully and analyzing the next episode would be the bomb to spark the final retribution, building the climax at episode 22 and follows afterwards with the final showdown and the resolution that comes next at episode 23.
Episode 24 might a full epilogue that describes what becomes of the survivors in a relative time jump.

Even if Masane and Takayama can handle to finish once and for all Douji & NSWF, their destruction by no means would ring bells of eternal peace to our heroes because someone else would step in to finish what both started: laying hands on the Witchblade- filling the power void.
The Witchblade has been since the dawn of history and clearly mankind on that universe has virtually degraded to strive at everything and being the creator of better WMD weapons to force themselves worthy of owning the gauntlet.

And I'm not forgetting the Witchblade's sentience. Mortals winning against each other signifies a trivial issue of little bother to the artifact. The Witchblade simply will have its way to reach and contracted its new avatar, Rihoko's in this case, and no one, not even Masane and Takayama, can interfere or stop the process.

Am I seeing that the course of fate within the plot is driven by determinism?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 16:39   Link #326
chrno

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I'm posting a quick rundown of who gets at the other's throat.
Wado getting killed by Nishida / Takayama / Segawa.
Nishida murdered wannabe by Maria / Masane.
Maria wasted by Masane / Nishida
I'll put my money on either 'Takayama' trying to kill 'Wado' since he carries a handgun with him. Or he'll get killed by an 'I-Weapon' gone haywire. Since he's the one that spends so much time messing with them anyway. 'Takayama' probably won't get a chance to take his life. Or he might not portrayed as one that would take someone's life. I could be wrong.

Nishida might get offed by 'Maria'. Because is doing what 'Maria' wants but she's also doing something else. To be honest even thought she and crybaby 'Wado' are working together it will be no surprise of them trying to overtake the other for the 'WB'. 'Nishida' is a lot smarter than you think.

Quote:
Thinking carefully and analyzing the next episode would be the bomb to spark the final retribution, building the climax at episode 22 and follows afterwards with the final showdown and the resolution that comes next at episode 23.
Episode 24 might a full epilogue that describes what becomes of the survivors in a relative time jump.

Even if Masane and Takayama can handle to finish once and for all Douji & NSWF, their destruction by no means would ring bells of eternal peace to our heroes because someone else would step in to finish what both started: laying hands on the Witchblade- filling the power void.
The Witchblade has been since the dawn of history and clearly mankind on that universe has virtually degraded to strive at everything and being the creator of better WMD weapons to force themselves worthy of owning the gauntlet.

And I'm not forgetting the Witchblade's sentience. Mortals winning against each other signifies a trivial issue of little bother to the artifact. The Witchblade simply will have its way to reach and contracted its new avatar, Rihoko's in this case, and no one, not even Masane and Takayama, can interfere or stop the process.

Am I seeing that the course of fate within the plot is driven by determinism?
More than likely. Again the 'WB' is a cursed and sentient thing that sort of just plants itself down in the middle of things and then see where things go from there. It's more neutral if anything. But again it still chooses where it wants to go and with whom. There are numerous theories of why the 'WB' chose 'Masane'. Why? That's the question. Who does it really want? Again another question. And does it really want that or this person? Unless the 'WB' found all the stuff between 'Douji' and 'NsWF' to be interesting that it wanted to find a way to get back in the middle of it. And again with the deal concerning 'Riko', that's another matter. Whatever the case hopefully, 'Gonzo' will be able to give us a satisfying end to this whole ordeal.

Oh went around on some of the Japanese boards. I found one that was pretty interesting. For ep. 19 they pointed out something about 'Wado'. That he shares an uncanny resemblance as well as madness with 'Jinnai' from 'El Hazard'. I found this too funny. Hahaha!!

Oh managed to run across a pretty nice CG doujin for 'Witchblade' on the Japan side of DLsite. It's a pretty nice one. 16 images all ranging from "safe" to "OOOOOOOOOOH, I'm telling mom you're looking at dirty pictures!!" Nothing like watching 'Masane' getting it on 'solo' or with the generic "no-faced" somebody. No extreme sexcapades (thank gawd!). Just some good old-fashioned "dirty" fun. And some "bathtime" cheese-cake. I guess they wanted more out of the bath ep. Seeing 'Masane' in all her naked glory washing is always a plus. Oh and let's not forget a nice shot of 'Riko' and 'Masane' kneeling in front of her. SMILING PEOPLE!! A really nice pic. It's probably the only G-Rated pic on the whole disc. No wait, there is another. It's just before she shows off her "top-shelf goods". Hoo boy. But hey we get to see a little of 'Masane's undies in her pants. Well, yknow how low-riders fit. People can see your butt-crack easily. And 'Masane' is only a whopping HEAL-THY 23! The circle that created CG collection matched the designs so well you'd swear it was someone on 'Gonzo's staff that did it. I guess it pays to have lax copyright laws, when you live in Japan. Hahahaha!! But this is definitely a 'Masane' lovers only disc. Hell, it's been DL'd 160+ times. Gee, ya think they like it?

Speaking of the series. I was on the official site and was looking over the good section. There is another book added to the series titled 'Witchblade - Lost Generation'. From the info it looked that 'Uno Makoto' is the illustrator for the book. I knew the art looked familiar. I also think that title was mentioned in the above article as well. I'm curious to see how these 2 books turn out here now being a part of the 'Witchblade' franchise.

Old 2006-08-23, 23:46   Link #327
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
I'll put my money on either 'Takayama' trying to kill 'Wado' since he carries a handgun with him. Or he'll get killed by an 'I-Weapon' gone haywire. Since he's the one that spends so much time messing with them anyway. 'Takayama' probably won't get a chance to take his life. Or he might not portrayed as one that would take someone's life. I could be wrong.

Nishida might get offed by 'Maria'. Because is doing what 'Maria' wants but she's also doing something else. To be honest even thought she and crybaby 'Wado' are working together it will be no surprise of them trying to overtake the other for the 'WB'. 'Nishida' is a lot smarter than you think.

More than likely. Again the 'WB' is a cursed and sentient thing that sort of just plants itself down in the middle of things and then see where things go from there. It's more neutral if anything. But again it still chooses where it wants to go and with whom. There are numerous theories of why the 'WB' chose 'Masane'. Why? That's the question. Who does it really want? Again another question. And does it really want that or this person? Unless the 'WB' found all the stuff between 'Douji' and 'NsWF' to be interesting that it wanted to find a way to get back in the middle of it. And again with the deal concerning 'Riko', that's another matter. Whatever the case hopefully, 'Gonzo' will be able to give us a satisfying end to this whole ordeal.
My theory why the Witchblade chose Masane is because so she would protect Riko. I mean Riko was a newborn in Reina's arms and was at the epicenter of the impact; protected by the Witchblades' powers.

Masane happened to be at that same spot by chance, and the Witchblade knew that Riko was vulnerable and helpless at that time. If she chose Masane to be Riko's guardian, was it coincidence or determined fate? -Another mystery that arises.
The Witchblade is allowing Masane to live because of the bonding she's connected to Riko; a bonding that tresspasses beyond genetics and explains her high compatibility with the Witchblade.

Prior to the cataclysm, Reina had the same compatibility but lost it as time passed. Would the Witchblade instead had chosen Reina over Masane to act as a temporary avatar in order to protect Riko on the basis that unlike Masane, Reina only fulfilled the genetic requirements? -Question number 2

-Is there more to the Witchblade compability than the dynamics of DNA, for example, emotions playing a toll as well?

I might be bold to insinuate that some way or another Takayama is also related, or the Witchblade has still a use for him.
- Hypothetically speaking, let's suppose that the Witchblade wants Riko is true.
- Takayama being Riko's biological father is also true, supposing as well.

Among infinite probabilities and scenarios we have a stage where Takayama is also a major player for the Witchblade. His actions will help to build the outcome on what's in store for the Witchblade.
Old 2006-08-28, 14:54   Link #328
xizro345
King's Justice

Finally back from holidays! 8P Interesting stuff going on, from what I see. I got the Limited DVD vol.2 today, if people are interested I'll post some more pics 8P
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 18:02   Link #329
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Just took a look at Volume 2 today, and all I can say is that they really cleaned up a lot of areas, and also

Spoiler:

I'll post more when I get the chance to.

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 18:14   Link #330
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Witchblade PVC statue of Maria

Set for release on December, retailing at a price of 8190 yen.

Source. http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/news/20060829_11.html
Old 2006-08-29, 19:28   Link #331
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy
Just took a look at Volume 2 today, and all I can say is that they really cleaned up a lot of areas, and also

Spoiler:

I'll post more when I get the chance to.
See that's what I'm talking about! Hahahaha! Talk about a clean up. The one thing I forgot about when vol. 2 came out was these were the episodes where 'Reina' and 'Shiori' show up. Twice. Actually 3 times. Which is also the reason why 'Shiori's is on the outer DVD casing for vol. 2. I have to see that vol. because I want to see what they did. But definitely post more pics.

Oh, and that's a mighty fine model of 'Maria'. I saw the prototype for it awhile back. But now it's a finished product. It's actually very nice! Look at that CUTE WIDDLE chin! Thanks Guido and JShaggy for the pics.

Oh, the 'Witchblade Sketch Art book' is available at 'Animaxis.com'. Apparently they managed to get their hand on some but they're sold out now. But will be getting more at some point. How stupid stupid stupid of me to not pay attention to my newsletters all the way. UGGGGh!

Last edited by chrno; 2006-08-30 at 16:03.
Old 2006-08-29, 21:33   Link #332
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

More Vol. 2 comparisons, plus more Shiori

As promised, more CloneBlade Shiori skin pics:

Spoiler for NSFW:

As for the comparisons:
Spoiler:

That's all for now.

Last edited by JShaggy; 2006-08-29 at 21:46.
Old 2006-08-30, 08:45   Link #333
chrno

Thumbs up

Quote:
As promised, more CloneBlade Shiori skin pics:

Spoiler for NSFW:
Notice how phallic that stance looks. They really wanted to please their fans. Shiori in SKIN MODE! Actually that's a really good shot. Again she looks "beast" like.

Quote:
As for the comparisons:
Spoiler:

Notice how sly 'Shiori' looks. Oh, yeah I can take them!

Quote:
Episode 5:

Spoiler:

She's a woman who knows her business. Not a glamor model.

Quote:
Spoiler for NSFW:
Notice they didn't change much they just removed the towel and the steam. "We want to see 'Masane's naked backside dammit!!"

Quote:
Scene clean-ups:
Spoiler:

Now that is funny. I had wondered about that. I think 'Mariko' is laughing because of his hand.

Quote:
Spoiler:

'Riko' knows her pots and pans. One shot is like "ganbatte" and the other is like "gotta pick a good knife." Hell, even 'Masane's face is different.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Now that is funny. The worker in the TV version looked pregnant she probably was working out her last days.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I still kind of liked that dramatic image. It kind of fit. But hey...

Quote:
Episode 6:

Spoiler:

I'm wondering why they hid it in the first place.

It just goes to show you what you believe IS the case until you get another product. Yet you accept them both. I know I do. Now you know when vol. 3 comes out they're definitely going to fix that boat fight. OH GAWD! I can't wait to see it. I have yet to see vol. 2. It's going to be SOOO COOL when the DVDs are released here! Yet I'll miss the TV broadcasts. They truly hold a novelty that we've all shared into.

Hey, JShaggy can you show that scene where 'Riko' hugs 'Masane in the hotel room? You know the one. Oh and 'Masane's big butt scene on the boat in ep. 6. I'm curious now.

Old 2006-08-30, 12:16   Link #334
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Witchblade website has updated its Story section with Episode 21 entry in it.
http://www.witchblade.jp/story/index.html

From the looks of the pics posted there.....
Spoiler:

Today's episode will air in one more hour on CBC station.
Old 2006-08-30, 12:49   Link #335
chrno

Quote:
The Witchblade website has updated its Story section with Episode 21 entry in it.
http://www.witchblade.jp/story/index.html

From the looks of the pics posted there.....
Spoiler:

Today's episode will air in one more hour on CBC station.
I'm counting the hours. Got my world clock up. Of course I won't be able to see any spoilers until I see the ep first. Can I resist the temptation to peek? DOH!!! I can't stand it!!! I can't believe I managed to get this far without an episode last week.

Old 2006-08-30, 14:40   Link #336
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 21 preview

futaba has released the screenshots.

NSWF or Douji have neither made an attempt on getting Masane or Riko in this episode.
Spoiler:

Do this shot looks familiar?
Old 2006-08-30, 15:55   Link #337
chrno

Unhappy

Quote:
futaba has released the screenshots.

NSWF or Douji have neither made an attempt on getting Masane or Riko in this episode.
Spoiler:

Do this shot looks familiar?
GOOD GAWD!!! My heart shudders and my nerves are now edgy!! I knew I shouldn't have read it!

Yes this shot does look familiar. I remember seeing it in the opening. Only 3 more eps to go. And I can't watch this until maybe Friday. YAAAAGH!!! I know when I do I'm probably going to feel like s***t.

Old 2006-08-30, 17:55   Link #338
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Gathered and arranged two full sets of screenshots for episode 21. Enjoy!

Spoiler for The last happy party for Masane and Riko:
Old 2006-08-31, 21:34   Link #339
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Vol. 2 DVD vs. TV (Part III)

Re-watched Episode 4, and found the following:
Spoiler:
Also, more CloneBlade Shiori comparisons:
Spoiler:
And since chrno asked me to do so:
Spoiler for episode 06 comparison:

Old 2006-09-01, 00:45   Link #340
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 21 Review

I found officially this episode to be the most emotional distressing and heartbreaking to have made me cry, and that's just three episodes before the ending.

Also, I found out that the themes of fear to death and limited time were essentially similar as how they were portrayed in Chrno Crusade.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2006-09-02 at 15:54.