AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-01-05, 10:16   Link #21
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

I think it has been released just now. Waiting for the subs, though.
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 10:23   Link #22
velocity7

Kresnik: No, it has not t been released yet It is slated for March 25, 2008.

And what has been released now, however, is our sub of the most recent trailer.
Old 2008-01-05, 20:02   Link #23
Candlelight
Shining Star

Hello.
My it's been a while since I last posted!

But I have a question velocity7, will we get to see a sub of the 23 minute tv special that aired last night? I read on the dothackers.net forum that it had scenes not seen in the theatrical release plus interviews from the creators. Not crucial but just wondering.
Candlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 18:45   Link #24
velocity7

Maybe, but I'll have to have a look at it first.
Old 2008-03-25, 16:31   Link #25
digi.amuro

I got Trilogy in the mail today. After watching everything and looking thru the special edition book (90+ pgs) I have it say it was awesome, tho there were some things that kept it from being completely perfect. Anyways, here's the short analysis of .hack//GU Trilogy I posted over @ dothackers.net forums.

The story starts off pretty fast, as is the progression of many plot elements implemented into the movie. There are lots of cutbacks during scenes, such as how Haseo's first time at the Serpant of Lore cuts back and forth from Yatta telling Haseo about AIDA and joining GU to his bouts in the arena and his training up to use avatar, which is all finished up within a minute or two. The plot, while it follows the main points in GU, cuts out alot obviously and we do get some HaseoXAtoli material that gives Haseo plot hax. Its alot more fantastic in scope, with Haseo doing things that seem like they'd be on a spiritual level (tho it was still cool most of the time) Fight scenes are magnificent. I was alittle disapointed that the PKK fight didnt have more to it, but it was still enjoyable. The rest were just OMGWTFBBQ EPICNESS tho and there was something about seeing those scenes again in high def that was just magical to me. Watching the interactions was also amusing and at times abit better than the in the game (especially since we dont have to click the button to continue to convo). Everything pretty much centered around Haseo, Atoli, and Ovan, leaving very little for other characters present, with Yatta and co pretty much in the background alot while the action was happening. I love how they portrayed Haseo and Atoli's relationship start (Atol's all like can I get your member address so we can adventure together and Haseo's all like piss off ) The ending felt abit deus-ex machina-ish, but was still nice, especially the scene after the credits. Music was nicely done as well. It fit with the moment, accept towards the end, the remix song was played at a time that made it sound like a cheesy tv show was going off, lol!

The best part of the movie: Haseo. Haseo's yells, his laughs, his terrifyingly evil flipout faces. Haseo smacking people around and getting smack around himself. Yessir this movie has something for everyone, even Haseo haters. Especially since Haseo pretty much is the movie, being on screen 90% of the time Oh yeah and arena goddess Alkaid, being fine as she wanna be, pwning Haseo in the Arena tournament.

Also, the Parody Mode ZOMGWTFBBQ! Hilarious
Old 2008-03-26, 03:32   Link #26
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
RAW is out iecks!
cant wait till i get to see it!
Haseo smacking and owning is always fun to watch =3
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 09:04   Link #27
digi.amuro

Are the RAWs Bluray or DVD quality. I'm anxious to see how much better bluray version looks than dvd.
Does anyone even do bluray torrents? I dont think i've ever seen one for an anime. Probably b/c of the size
Old 2008-03-26, 09:08   Link #28
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Are the RAWs Bluray or DVD quality. I'm anxious to see how much better bluray version looks than dvd.
not sure yet cause right now ima t school, ill have to turn it on again when i get home.. illlet you know tonight
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 10:08   Link #29
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Does anyone even do bluray torrents? I dont think i've ever seen one for an anime. Probably b/c of the size
Blu-Ray (although I'm assuming there will be DVD releases as well since not everyone has the hardware needed to play them). And why wouldn't groups do those kinds of torrents? torrent == torrent. It doesn't matter...
Old 2008-03-26, 13:19   Link #30
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Well there's a 39.1gb bdmv archive No idea if anyone has the bandwidth to torrent something like that, but I've seen bigger torrents so... I've ordered it but um, don't have a bluray player. Think I'm just going to set it aside and not watch until I do.

There'll be raws encoded from the blurays though.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 18:52   Link #31
digi.amuro

Sorry, I only recently starting using torrents (been awhile since I've had a capable enough computer) so I wasnt sure. Appreciate the info also for future reference. Oh yeah, if you go to the dothackers.net forums, my alter ego has posted screens from the movie and a few others for those who are interested.
Old 2008-03-26, 22:12   Link #32
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

I was hoping for a bit more than what we got, but I'm satisfied enough. The story was cut down as previously said, but it was necessary because the games had too much, obviously. They usually made intelligent, useful edits that advanced the movie. Props for their intelligent use of Aura and not falling to the easy lure of using her too much or even saying her name.

Sadly it also felt a bit too "shock" in value. Sakurai must have busted up his larynx doing all that constant yelling and grunting. I also didn't quite buy some of the powers and transformations he seemed to acquire by the minute. Lastly, as this is a very Haseo and Atoli centric movie and about their relationship, I could have stood for some more development in that area. Having Pi and Yata narrate while they spy on those two in fields didn't work well. I also would have liked to know what Haseo and Atoli were saying to each other in that beautiful scene with the Mitani Tomoyo insert song.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 10:10   Link #33
digi.amuro

Man, that bluray file is looks like its the whole dvd. Isnt there a way for them to convert it into a video file? Or maybe noone's gotten that far. I wouldnt be surprised with the size of that thing.
Old 2008-04-01, 12:52   Link #34
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Man, that bluray file is looks like its the whole dvd. Isnt there a way for them to convert it into a video file? Or maybe noone's gotten that far. I wouldnt be surprised with the size of that thing.
There's a 5.7gb 1080p bluray encode on... certain torrent sites. Raw though. No 720p one that I can find.

And now back to staring longingly at my copy that I can't watch.
Old 2008-04-01, 22:05   Link #35
digi.amuro

Thanks, Valdra and my condolences. It must suck not being able to look at it, tho I'm sure you've at least seen it somewhere else...right?

I heard about an interview in the .hack//GU Trilogy NewWorldGuide, that b/c of the success of Trilogy, CC2 may be thinking about doing a movie of the original games w/ Kite and co. How sweet would that be?
Old 2008-04-02, 09:46   Link #36
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
Thanks, Valdra and my condolences. It must suck not being able to look at it, tho I'm sure you've at least seen it somewhere else...right?
Nah, but I did finally cave and buy a PS3 yesterday, so I'll be able to watch it soon. Watching the bluray on a 40" HDTV beats an encode on my laptop's monitor any day.

Quote:
I heard about an interview in the .hack//GU Trilogy NewWorldGuide, that b/c of the success of Trilogy, CC2 may be thinking about doing a movie of the original games w/ Kite and co. How sweet would that be?
In the same style? Too awesome. I'd buy it.
Old 2008-04-03, 12:37   Link #37
digi.amuro

man, does the bluray version look WAY better than the dvd version. i'm amazed and at the same time disappointed, b/c the files I downloaded are running too slow. The video lags behind the audio and even pauses at parts.

I'm gonna end up buying the bluray version, I just know it.
Old 2008-04-05, 15:05   Link #38
Varion
殲滅天使

Quote:
man, does the bluray version look WAY better than the dvd version.
Oh god, it does. PS3 finally came so I watched it in full 40" 720p glory and... wow. I spent half the movie taking in the visuals. The bubbles, the lava, the fights, the sunny fields... Now I just need some 5.1 sound speakers and I'll have to watch it again!

As for the content, they really did crush it up. I was kinda hoping for more fights considering the amount of story taken out, but I was still satisfied at least, and more often than not it was great. Except the fight scenes, which were unanimously awesome. In no way a substitute for the game, but an excellent piece of fanservice I don't regret buying or watching.
Old 2008-04-06, 15:51   Link #39
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Here are my impressions of the movie:

Spoiler for .hack GU Trilogy:
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 19:15   Link #40
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Here are my impressions of the movie:

Spoiler for .hack GU Trilogy:
The purpose of the movie were pretty graphics, cool fights and Haseo/Atoli.
Expecting more than that is kinda pointless... (a movie can't contain 20 hours worth of storyline ,which is contained in 100 hours of grinding)