AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-12, 10:43   Link #161
Falkor

I have little to comment on the latest chapter of the manga. It was great as always, but I felt it was a bit slower this time around--nothing really important happened... but the facial expressions were certainly priceless--gotta love Ami's in particular...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I cant see how, everything is supposedly there; the chars, their specific interactions, the plot, setting, possibly even inner monologues. The only thing there would be to do would be to decided what to leave out and possibly what to add. Seems easier to me than constructing something from scratch AND making it compelling to read.
Try to draw a manga with the same artistic quality. It's not as easy as it seems: you may be already working on a defined story and some character archetypes, but you still have to draw it and translate the story to a manga format--easy to read and not clogged with too much text. This task is mostly done by the mangaka, perhaps with the help of some assistants, but given how closely is following the source material--and making an outstanding job so far--it's not hard to imagine that there's a lot of effort pour into it. This can be seen in the character designs--a great improvement to the lightnovel--and the consistent and very detailed artwork.

It may be released every month, but the wait it's worthy--and they are usually longer in pages and artistically superior to those serialized on a weekly basis.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 23:55   Link #162
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
People nowadays have no patience. Besides most of us here not paying for it yet we all so demanding. Shameless.

(shakes head)
Old 2008-12-13, 22:43   Link #163
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I tried to go buy the manga today at my local Kinokuniya.... they don't carry it. I suggested they add it, but it looks like it'll go into my January order (and I'll just get vol1 and vol2 at once).
Old 2009-02-12, 18:15   Link #164
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chap 15:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 18:28   Link #165
typhonsentra

Holy crap, it's finally out?

Just read it, I don't remember a lot of this being in the book. Is this the first time the author's ventured into original material?

Also, I keep forgetting how much better I like this artist's art style over the anime designs. Taiga especially.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 19:11   Link #166
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Bleh... Amazon.co.jp was out of volume 2 ..... off to other possbilities. Does someone have a title/bookcoverpic/ISBN of the second volume manga?

and yeah, I think I like the manga character design and art style better than either the novel or the anime... (not that I *dislike* any of them).
Old 2009-02-13, 01:13   Link #167
roan

ISBN 978-4-04-867400-3

It's really hard to get the second volume currently. It might be better to wait until the 2/27 normal release. I had to pick up mine by auction.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 02:08   Link #168
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ahhhhh, thanks. I was misinformed and thought it had been released on 1/27.
Old 2009-02-13, 02:13   Link #169
roan

Ah, technically it was released on 1/27, but that's just the limited edition version.
Old 2009-02-13, 02:28   Link #170
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Should I ask what goodies came with the limited edition? (last question since I hate one line posts)
Old 2009-02-13, 02:36   Link #171
roan

A 105 page "Toradora Special Book" with pictures, short manga strips, short stories from a number of different illustrators and authors.
Old 2009-02-13, 02:40   Link #172
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

errrrrrgh.... I love those things especially the 'other author' short stories. Ah well.

Was scarfing up the latest scanlation and the torrent site for the manga scanlations never ceases to stop me in my tracks with their little Flash animated mascot..... sexy, cute, and f'ing awesome is an accurate description of her.
Old 2009-02-13, 03:58   Link #173
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
A 105 page "Toradora Special Book" with pictures, short manga strips, short stories from a number of different illustrators and authors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
errrrrrgh.... I love those things especially the 'other author' short stories. Ah well.

Ooooh~ I guess we need someone to get that Special Book up somewhere, huh? (Don't ask me though, I also want to see it too; to be honest.)

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 04:08   Link #174
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah well, was able to pre-order the regular edition of volume 2 today (along with a few other items -- argh, the shipping is high).
Old 2009-02-24, 13:05   Link #175
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Special Book is quite nice but you have to proficient in moonspeak. Otherwise it is all gibberish to non Japanese speaking fans.
Old 2009-03-29, 19:36   Link #176
SageGaiGar
You are Next

It took long enough(For the original material), but chapter 16's been scanlated.

I'm once again reminded why I like Taiga more visually in the manga
Old 2009-03-29, 20:54   Link #177
Raiga
tl;dr

Started reading the scanlated manga today online, tho I skipped the first two chapters because the group that did it was a little difficult to read... :\

A lot of the manga character designs do look nicer, although it's sometimes a little confusing telling characters apart... which is why anime designs tend to be simpler and more exaggerated, I suppose.

Very interesting seeing what are presumably a lot of the details the anime had to cut... I'd read the novel translation but Baka-Tsuki prose is a little hard to get through.

Taiga seems a lot more dere a lot earlier on... probably the biggest change I noticed. Not a bad thing.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:07   Link #178
typhonsentra

It's been so long since I read the book, but didn't the first part with Noto and Haruta come from the first book?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 19:02   Link #179
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Holy crap, it's finally out?

Just read it, I don't remember a lot of this being in the book. Is this the first time the author's ventured into original material?

Also, I keep forgetting how much better I like this artist's art style over the anime designs. Taiga especially.
yes. Taiga is way prettier in the manga and novel illustrations. she looks like a 9 year old girl in the anime yuk... i hate that loli stuff. It gives me the creeps.

the only character whos anime version I like better is yasuko
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 21:50   Link #180
chaosprophet

One of the very small regrets I have with the anime was Ryuuji design... In the novels art he really gave the felling of having an permanet scary face that would make people misunderstand his emotions... And I agree with fish_eric, Taiga as prettier in it.

Tags
romance, shounen