AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-17, 13:35   Link #2141
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Let me get this right. So they released Kai and cut the majority of the filler to give us the "director's cut" version of Dragonball Z, and apparently it's still not enough to please certain fans of the series? I'm sorry but that just sounds like nit-picking considering the fact that this whole series will be reduced by 100+ episodes. That's a pretty significant amount of episodes if you ask me.

As for the filler that still remained in Kai, they are barely 2-4 minutes in length in contrast to the original series where we had entire arcs of fillers. I mean really, is this that big of a deal? All I know is that personally, I'm enjoying every episode so far because regardless of a couple of episodes that include minor filler, the pacing is still amazing if we look solely at the compression of the episode count (although we don't know how many episodes we're getting exactly, if we round it out, it still ends up being more than 100 episodes.)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 14:59   Link #2142
Dextro
He Without a Title

I for one am still outraged at them for cutting out the Goku and Piccolo learning to drive episode. That was blasphemy!
Old 2010-06-17, 15:58   Link #2143
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Let me get this right. So they released Kai and cut the majority of the filler to give us the "director's cut" version of Dragonball Z, and apparently it's still not enough to please certain fans of the series? I'm sorry but that just sounds like nit-picking considering the fact that this whole series will be reduced by 100+ episodes. That's a pretty significant amount of episodes if you ask me.
There are always people out there who like to complain just for the sake of complaining. Not everyone can be pleased .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
As for the filler that still remained in Kai, they are barely 2-4 minutes in length in contrast to the original series where we had entire arcs of fillers. I mean really, is this that big of a deal? All I know is that personally, I'm enjoying every episode so far because regardless of a couple of episodes that include minor filler, the pacing is still amazing if we look solely at the compression of the episode count (although we don't know how many episodes we're getting exactly, if we round it out, it still ends up being more than 100 episodes.)
I couldn't have said this any better myself .
Old 2010-06-17, 16:19   Link #2144
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

At least it's better then the Z fans who won't even touch Kai. For very silly reasons, of course.
Old 2010-06-17, 18:53   Link #2145
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
How is it better than Z if it has no driving episode? No Arlia episode? Heck, a bunch of episodes that show that crossing the snake road or training in an island full of dinosaurs is not a walk in the park?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 20:12   Link #2146
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
There are always people out there who like to complain just for the sake of complaining. Not everyone can be pleased .
I should know this by now but really, the nit-picking has been getting a little out of hand as of late. And this series is something that should be enjoyed by all fans of Dragonball Z, old and new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At least it's better then the Z fans who won't even touch Kai. For very silly reasons, of course.
You know, I have a hard time following that line of thought. I just can't understand why Z fans wouldn't want to watch Kai.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2010-06-18 at 01:42.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 04:04   Link #2147
Blaat

Spoiler for episode 62:

No new tracks this time Shiroth.
Old 2010-06-20, 04:05   Link #2148
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ They will spend 1 whole episode on running aroung? Lame.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 04:07   Link #2149
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Spoiler for episode 62:
I find it hard to believe they won't be shown in next weeks episode because there's really not enough material inbetween Gero making it to the lab and them making their appearance for a whole episode. Does look like we've got one of those rare spoiler free previews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
No new tracks this time Shiroth.
I was expecting it eventually. Am looking forward to the music placement for Piccolo's fight though.
Old 2010-06-20, 09:11   Link #2150
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I find it hard to believe they won't be shown in next weeks episode
I think it's because Trunks gives out the description of them next episode. If you think about it, it would kind of kill the drama if it just showed them minutes after they're described.

Doesn't Krillin still need to get pummeled? I can't remember if that's filler or not.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 10:03   Link #2151
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Doesn't Krillin still need to get pummeled? I can't remember if that's filler or not.
That was filler, but it won't hurt if they keep that in. His beating was quick.
Old 2010-06-20, 14:48   Link #2152
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Going by the preview for next weeks episode, it actually looks like they'll be keeping in that Krillin filler, though i 100% can't remember much about it, so not sure.

Regarding that preview, it does indeed look like we won't be seeing 16, 17 and 18 next week, though i still find it impossible to believe next weeks episode will have enough material from Gero running to his laboratory to end before that. I'm just guessing we'll see them towards the end or something.
Old 2010-06-20, 16:59   Link #2153
Vicious108

I know Shigeru Nakahara's been confirmed to reprise his role as 17, but haven't heard if Miki Itou will return as 18 as well. I hope so, her voice is pure sex.

And with Hikaru Midorikawa now voicing Tenshinhan too I wonder if they'll get a different seiyuu for 16. As awesome as Midorikawa is, he doesn't have that much range.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 17:58   Link #2154
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I like how they play the Daimao music for Piccolo.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 03:26   Link #2155
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

I always loved how the Android Saga carried such a different tone and feel apart from the rest of the series, and this episode is another perfect example of that. Trunks' expression as he saw Android 19's noggin' lying around just further adds to that weird sense of unease that something ain't right. Great music as always, too.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 07:25   Link #2156
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
How is it better than Z if it has no driving episode? No Arlia episode? Heck, a bunch of episodes that show that crossing the snake road or training in an island full of dinosaurs is not a walk in the park?
http://www.teamfourstar.com/
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 21:55   Link #2157
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

mm... well at least they are compressing the episodes at a ratio of 2:1 ... the chase for Dr Gero starts at 131 in the regular series and we are at ep 62 so thats a good thing.

All in all I think we may end up with 250 eps covering z + gt instead of ~500 lol
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 07:24   Link #2158
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
mm... well at least they are compressing the episodes at a ratio of 2:1 ... the chase for Dr Gero starts at 131 in the regular series and we are at ep 62 so thats a good thing.

All in all I think we may end up with 250 eps covering z + gt instead of ~500 lol
Yeah... I'm pretty sure GT isn't going to be covered in any way seeing as how it's possibly the worse filler of all.
Old 2010-06-26, 22:17   Link #2159
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Well episode 63 was pretty much storyline:

Spoiler for 63 summary and 64 preview:
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 03:06   Link #2160
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I must say i'm quite surprised, though it does work out for the better regarding all the material we'll see in next weeks episode.