AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-24, 17:01   Link #1681
sabret00the

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I decided that it's good to rewrite exactly what Byakugan and Sharingan does by the description within the manga. Sometime it helps to put things in better perspectived when comparing and contrasting both eye techniques. I tried to find characters that gave the best description of both. I'll start with finding what it says on Byakugan so far and add to it comments on sharingan.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 20:53   Link #1682
TeamGai

I'd rather have the byakugan. As stated in one of the episodes, I believe, Neji could see not only 360 degrees, but in slow motion as well. Of course no one can be sure of everything unless Kishi wrote 15 chapters worth of flat out explanations :P
TeamGai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 22:23   Link #1683
vision55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGai View Post
I'd rather have the byakugan. As stated in one of the episodes, I believe, Neji could see not only 360 degrees, but in slow motion as well. Of course no one can be sure of everything unless Kishi wrote 15 chapters worth of flat out explanations :P
lol well i guess you will die in slow motion too, if you faced a shringan user...seriously If you had to face either Huugya (sorry dont know the corret spelling) or a Uchiha I think 10/10 times people would love to see the Vainy eyed people.....because if i saw the three dot family i would pee in my pants and prepare my last will and testament.

Remember the the people with the three dots was used a the police in the village...so its just basic logic...in order to be the police you have to be more powerful than the people you are protecting....in real life they use guns...but in the Naruto Universe they use sharingan period.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 22:46   Link #1684
Super_Gilby
Shadow Of Death

Send a message via MSN to Super_Gilby
The sharingan is superior I mean does anyone here honestly think the Hyuga clan leader can beat Itachi... There's no evidence that Hyuga's are immune to genjustu either and since their byakugan sees 360 degrees it almost guarantees they'll make eye contact and be defeated rather easily...
Super_Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 22:52   Link #1685
vision55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Gilby View Post
The sharingan is superior I mean does anyone here honestly think the Hyuga clan leader can beat Itachi... There's no evidence that Hyuga's are immune to genjustu either and since their byakugan sees 360 degrees it almost guarantees they'll make eye contact and be defeated rather easily...
Maybe a Blind Hyuga has a chance...? but still...kind of counter productive...
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 00:21   Link #1686
TeamGai

lol I've never been shot down so poorly.

Seeing 360 degrees of course would be better for scouting, searching, and the like. It's not like that's the only ability of the byakugan. More in depth, can the Sharingan see chakra points, coils, and flow? It can only see it's mannerisms, such as chakra under genjutsu (seen in Kakashi Gaiden). As posted on the respectable LeafNinja.com, Byakugan 'senses' attacks rather than actually seeing them; not actually looking at anything at one point in time, which enables the Byakugan user to anticipate more than a frontal attack.

In terms of a highly skilled Hyuuga Clan member versus Itachi, I would bet my money on the Hyuuga (of course that would depend on that particular member, considering we're not just choosing a random Uchiha either) simply because one couldn't deceive them with cheap tricks and most likely not genjutsu. Taking Neji's great chakra control into consideration as well, one could assume that the Hyuuga wouldn't be an easy target for genjutsu, being able to control not only the chakra throughout the body, but in the head as well.

Arguing for both sides, the Uchiha most likely, depending on the speed of the Hyuuga, couldn't be misled with attacks other than from more than one person (or bunshin). Also, in terms of doujutsu, the mangekyou sharingan could manipulate the Hyuuga's body in ways that chakra alone couldn't defend, leaving them at a disadvantage.

All in all, I'm still for the Hyuuga.
TeamGai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 00:47   Link #1687
tkdtiger

Ok here's the explanation in the manga on the Sharingan. There's alot more explained on the Sharingan than the byakugan, but than that makes sense since it's shown more :P

Spoiler:

I'll try to add quotes about MS and the Byakugan's ability to see tenketsu points. Does the Sharingan's genjutsu need direct eye contact? It doesn't really say in the manga, but so far all the genjutsu used by sharingan appears to need direct contact from the images, but I can't really tell from still images?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 09:40   Link #1688
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
I'll try to add quotes about MS and the Byakugan's ability to see tenketsu points. Does the Sharingan's genjutsu need direct eye contact? It doesn't really say in the manga, but so far all the genjutsu used by sharingan appears to need direct contact from the images, but I can't really tell from still images?
IIRC, that's not actually the case. I believe during the initial pursuit with Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and Chiyo in the Rescue Gaara Arc, Itachi casts gentjutsu on Naruto by just moving a finger. I don't remember if that was in the manga or if it was strictly anime, but if it's actually canon, then direct eye contact is not necessary, since Naruto even mentions that he doesn't know how he got captured since he didn't make eye contact with Itachi.
Old 2007-12-25, 14:46   Link #1689
wtfftw

Cool

sharingan hands down.

well it depends in what context in our world or naruto world
and in the end it is all about the persons skills

but id choose sharingan cuz it looks l33t like sh33t

the only thing byukugan does is let you have xray vision and see all around you while you still can focus on 1 point in your 360 vision so its the same as turning your head around for me.

sharingan is like you wanna hit me but i see you wanna hit me so i block and im like imba cool meng. Plus you can sexually please any sexy cute busty woman on the street and have her do herself or make her like you with sharingan. 3-day-sex tsukiyomi-wtfftw-no-justsu

how the hell can you choose byukugan peope think your a zomby or dead when they look at ya
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 00:18   Link #1690
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
IIRC, that's not actually the case. I believe during the initial pursuit with Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and Chiyo in the Rescue Gaara Arc, Itachi casts gentjutsu on Naruto by just moving a finger. I don't remember if that was in the manga or if it was strictly anime, but if it's actually canon, then direct eye contact is not necessary, since Naruto even mentions that he doesn't know how he got captured since he didn't make eye contact with Itachi.
I was talking about casting genjutsu with sharingan...
Spoiler:

I was just wondering, because if you need direct eye contact than would the byakugan's 360 degree of vision be considered direct eye contact?
Old 2007-12-26, 00:52   Link #1691
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

The sharingan is being hyped up to be stronger.

I'll have to tilt my vote to Sharingan
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 22:52   Link #1692
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
I'd say the Byakugan would be my choice. If I could pick another kekkei genkai, it'd have to be Shikotsumyaku, but I'd be glad to have the Byakugan regardless. The cool X-ray vision for 359 degrees all around you would be awesome.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 18:31   Link #1693
Ban kai
bleach luver

it all depends when and where they are needed. for fighting i would say sharingan because mangekyu, but for looked at the enemy's base i would say byukugan
Ban kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 18:59   Link #1694
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Byukugan is way better IMO
Old 2007-12-27, 19:08   Link #1695
tkdtiger

I was thinking with the byakugan's ability to see the coils and points, which allows the use through their martial art to control the flow of chakra then what would happen if he were to team up with sasuke and increase chakra flow to the sharingan? would it make it more powerful?
Old 2007-12-27, 23:04   Link #1696
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

There is simply no way for this thing to happen to the entire Hyuuga families.
Besides...not everyone was talented enough to achieve the Sharingan.

I'd be a dead end if Itachi faced Hiashi . I'd rather have the Byakugan which has many abilities surpassing the Sharingan by miles.
Old 2007-12-28, 11:12   Link #1697
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGai View Post
Seeing 360 degrees of course would be better for scouting, searching, and the like. It's not like that's the only ability of the byakugan. More in depth, can the Sharingan see chakra points, coils, and flow? It can only see it's mannerisms, such as chakra under genjutsu (seen in Kakashi Gaiden). As posted on the respectable LeafNinja.com, Byakugan 'senses' attacks rather than actually seeing them; not actually looking at anything at one point in time, which enables the Byakugan user to anticipate more than a frontal attack.
Yes the Sharigan can see the Chakra flow, what it cant see is the tenketsus and Inner coils

Also, the info on Leef Ninja is somewhat inaccurate, The Byakugan does not sense attacks, it wide range of vision enables the Byakugan user to detect any incoming object.

Quote:
I was talking about casting genjutsu with sharingan... was the finger in that scene because of sharingan?

I was just wondering, because if you need direct eye contact than would the byakugan's 360 degree of vision be considered direct eye contact?
That was a regular Genjutsu that had nothing to do with Sharingan.

About your second question, Logically speaking it is direct Eye contact. While, its impossible to correctly tell if doing a eye genjutsu could be done in any place inside the Byakugan range of Vision.
Old 2007-12-28, 12:16   Link #1698
iBeast

I can't believe there are still discussions going on about this. Sharingan will murder Byakugan...Along with Rinnegan. Trust me, the Uchiha rains over all regardless of what Kishi has led you guys to believe....You guys realize that don't you?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 13:27   Link #1699
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_hai View Post
I can't believe there are still discussions going on about this. Sharingan will murder Byakugan...Along with Rinnegan. Trust me, the Uchiha rains over all regardless of what Kishi has led you guys to believe....You guys realize that don't you?
The only thing Uchiha (and btw, its spelled: ) reigns over is your ignorance.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 16:27   Link #1700
tkdtiger

I don't think we can really say one is stronger than the other as it's already been said it depends on the user. For example, even if I had sharingan I think I still would be hesitant to go hand-t0-hand combat against someone with byakugan if they were about the same skill level and could use the Hyuga martial art effectively Just like if I had byakugan I would want to limit what the sharingan can see. It's really based on skill and circumstances. For example if I placed a sharingan user in a thick fog and a byakugan user in a thick fog than the byakugan user would be at a greater advantage at that point in time.