AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-31, 16:57   Link #101
Jays

He was a former captain, that we know as much, his comment about how captain level Shinigami have to control the size of their zanpakto. There is also the matter of the white coat. Which is tough to explain because there is no insignia to tell us what squad he used to command.

Although it is plausible that he might be from the Royal Gaurd, I doubt that they have the exact same uniforms as the shinigami. I got the idea that perhaps he turned his captains coat backwards to hide the insignia since he was no longer part of the SS, but I looked back at the episode and realized that there are those markings on the lower part of his coat that all captains have.

Time will tell, I get the feeling that once we get closer to the winter war, more background information about Isshin will given out.
Old 2007-05-31, 17:32   Link #102
Opayk
Right Arm of the Giant

When does he say that he was a former captain? Because what he said doesn't necessarily point to that. It is possible that Urahara told him that near the beginning of their training, if that theory is true.

You could be onto something Zanar, I don't see why not.
Old 2007-05-31, 17:51   Link #103
ashez2ashes

Send a message via AIM to ashez2ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Its just inhibits leatsu of a shingami, then merging with the user's soul stripping her/him of shinigami powers . Also its untraceable due leatsu inhibition (ie Rukia ) . How can that remotely effect well being of SS as compared to Hogyoku . Is that good enough of a reason to banish/exile somone that to a Taicho rank Officer

Maybe the King of SS used the special gigai to disapear, and so the bigwigs used Urahara as a scape goat when there was a public uproar? It would fit with the Ishin is the SS King theory.

Urahara: Remember that time you stole my protype gigai, disapeared to earth, and I got blamed for it?

Isshin: Ohhhh yeeeah. Good times. Good times.
Old 2007-05-31, 23:23   Link #104
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opayk View Post
When does he say that he was a former captain? Because what he said doesn't necessarily point to that. It is possible that Urahara told him that near the beginning of their training, if that theory is true.

You could be onto something Zanar, I don't see why not.
Although he didn't explecitly say he was, he mentions to Grand Fisher about the comperative size of their zanpaktos, how a captain has to control the size of his.
Not only that, but why would he be wearing the captain's coat?
Old 2007-06-01, 04:23   Link #105
Yondaime-The Fourth

you know what would be really far fetch'd. ok i didnt do any background research but Im just gonna thorw this out for fun...sorta. what if the previous 11th captain was Isshin. that would mean that Kanpachi KILLED HIM! A ha. but i seriously doubt it. it would be horribly funny tho.
Old 2007-06-01, 08:32   Link #106
zanar

Send a message via MSN to zanar
Well, if my theory does hold, then as mentioned before maybe Urahara gave him his coat as a symbolic gesture that he's attained captain level?
Old 2007-06-01, 14:24   Link #107
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanar View Post
I was just reading this thread and I was wondering if it's possible that Isshin did to Urahara what Ichigo did to Rukia? That is, taking his abilities. I mean, if this is so, then Urahara could have trained Isshin himself, which then explains why the other shinigami don't know who he is. After all, having history repeat itself isn't uncommon in animes. Naruto, for example, has Team 7 following the footsteps of the Sannin.

The only problem about this theory is the captain's coat Isshin had on his shoulder though. But then again, maybe Urahara gave it to him. We haven't seen Urahara wearing his coat before.

(p.s. this is my first post. please don't be too harsh if my theory is way off the mark!)
Welcome to the forum. Any theory is as is a theory and it's as good as any until the real answers come to play. It's good to give the fans something to talk about while we wait for a new episode. Don't let other people get to you even if they have personal views that are different. It's just the way it is, always bad apples out there no matter where you go.

I like your theory; it could very well be a possibility.
Old 2007-10-29, 11:46   Link #108
4got10

i believe Isshin Kurosaki is the former 11th squad captain
coz on previous episodes they didnt said any information regarding the 11th squad,

11th squad captain = isshin kurosaki
troops = vaizards

what do u think?
Old 2007-10-29, 15:42   Link #109
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4got10 View Post
coz on previous episodes they didnt said any information regarding the 11th squad,

troops = vaizards

what do u think?
I like this theory, kind of kills the idea that Kenpachi killed him though. I would like to maybe add something.

Original Captains trained by Oldman commander (Yamamoto).

Hats (Urahara)
Cat woman (Yoruichi)
Sickly (Ukitake)
Pervy (Kyoraku)
Wiggy (Aizen)
Funny (Isshin)

Others are ??

Ideas are great they can be altered as new factual evidence manifest. Keep them coming!
Old 2007-10-29, 18:45   Link #110
_Mod_Konpaku_

It's scary enough that isshin is a shinigami..
Old 2007-10-30, 08:43   Link #111
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4got10 View Post

troops = vaizards

what do u think?
i think if he was a captain he would most likely be the captain of hitsugaya's squasd (don't remember number) i say this because hitsugaya is relatively a very new captain.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2007-10-30, 11:53   Link #112
Placid_Thunder_Cloud

Isshin being former 10th squad... I don't think so... because, Hitsugaya has only been a captain not so long ago... if Isshin is the former captain, alot of shinigamis would be really familiar with him...

He should be hundreds of years older... he should be with Ukitake and Shunsui's batch
Old 2007-10-30, 13:30   Link #113
Jarkeler

He could have left Soul Society slash renounced his position as captain of whichever squad when Urahara was removed from Soul Society when he created his advanced gigai's?
Old 2007-10-30, 21:28   Link #114
Darias128

Exclamation Truth Behind Isshin

Spoiler for Bleach, The Truth Behind Isshin:
Old 2007-10-30, 21:40   Link #115
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I think that Kurosaki isn't Isshin's original name, he probably adopted Misaki's family name. If Kurosaki was his original name, then the SS people would most likely make the Ichigo-Isshin connection.

Isshin could very well be the former 10th squad captain, not because Hitsugaya is relatively new captain but because Ryuken knows him. If Ryuken knows Isshin, that means Isshin left SS quite recently.
Old 2007-10-30, 22:08   Link #116
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I think that Kurosaki isn't Isshin's original name, he probably adopted Misaki's family name. If Kurosaki was his original name, then the SS people would most likely make the Ichigo-Isshin connection.

Isshin could very well be the former 10th squad captain, not because Hitsugaya is relatively new captain but because Ryuken knows him. If Ryuken knows Isshin, that means Isshin left SS quite recently.
Thats a good theory, but about him being the former squad 10 captain, I don't know. Ryuken could have met him on earth after Isshin had been there for a long time. Though Rangiku has not seen him, so maybe... so many questions so few answers!!!!!!!
Old 2007-10-31, 01:56   Link #117
WhiteWings

Well, it'll be nice to see Isshin Kurosaki and Ryuken Ishida to come into the spolight action with both arms swinging. They're potentially too good to just sit in the sidelines forever.
Old 2007-10-31, 08:11   Link #118
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
Perhaps Isshin was someone of higher status then any of the shinigami. And his wife was actually a very important figureas well. Ichigo maybe doesn't look at all like his mother of father because he is not their natural son. Maybe Ichigo is prince or King who was in danger and thus was saved by Uehara, Yoruichi and Isshin and came to Earth and remainded close to protect him.
Old 2007-10-31, 10:48   Link #119
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
Perhaps Isshin was someone of higher status then any of the shinigami. And his wife was actually a very important figureas well. Ichigo maybe doesn't look at all like his mother of father because he is not their natural son. Maybe Ichigo is prince or King who was in danger and thus was saved by Uehara, Yoruichi and Isshin and came to Earth and remainded close to protect him.
That would explain why isshin treats him the way he does and treats his girls better, because they are his biological children. I never thought of it that way. Maybe that means ichigo has a key to the king inside him?
Old 2007-10-31, 10:58   Link #120
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
You would think yammamoto would know this if was the case =/.

Its my personal theory that Isshin came down with Urahara, and was the orignal test dummy for the super hide gaigai to hide the hogokoyu, And just recently has he started to recover his spirit power.

I belive he was either the 12th squad LT or 10 squad captain.
Closed Thread