AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-21, 12:37   Link #81
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Here's what he says in that scene:
"I saved them all. That's why I had to tell them. That's why I left it there."

In other words, he left something not to save people but to tell "them" about his saving them. What he left was most likely instructions on how to stop the calamity. It could be written instructions or the body of another or whatever.
Ah so maybe whatever he left was removed by someone else later and thats why the curse started again.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-21, 12:38   Link #82
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
but Kubodera's mother died because of the phenomenon and as such I believe she shall be added. We don't know when she died but certainly this is the episode in which we learn it.
Judging by Kubodera's behaviour, and the condition of her body perhaps, I'd guess he killed his mother either the night before or just before he went to school.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:43   Link #83
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ah so maybe whatever he left was removed by someone else later and thats why the curse started again.
I don't think so.

What he left was most likely just instructions on how to stop the calamity. Like I said in that post you quoted, his leaving something there wasn't to save people, but to tell that he saved people. In other words, what he left was a message of some form about how he managed to save people or something akin to that. Not some part of an ornate mechanism that would make the curse stop if that thing was left there.
Old 2012-02-21, 13:22   Link #84
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Here's what he says in that scene:
"I saved them all. That's why I had to tell them. That's why I left it there."

In other words, he left something not to save people but to tell "them" about his saving them. What he left was most likely instructions on how to stop the calamity. It could be written instructions or the body of another or whatever.
Sounds logical, now that you put it this way. It refreshed my interest in the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Yes, it does if you cut the jugular veins ("internal" & "external") which are the major veins leading from the heart to the brain. Cutting the jugular veins -- which is what the teacher did when he slashed sideways on his throat -- is almost a sure instant death and results in a large spray of blood because the heart is pumping full force into large veins plus there's nothing to prevent the blood from flowing down from the brain and out the slash. [/URL]]
I find it strange people even ask such questions. Isnt it common sense? I mean, you dont need to be a doctor to know that.
Old 2012-02-21, 15:39   Link #85
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I find it strange people even ask such questions. Isnt it common sense? I mean, you dont need to be a doctor to know that.
Everyone needs to learn it from somewhere. It's not innate knowledge. There's always a first time.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-02-21, 17:04   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Oh I wish they didnt. Beach episode in a horror series? Fits like a fist on the eye.
Also, Somehow I cannot imagine the class would be in the mood for going to the beach..... I think instead of thinking about fun, they wouldn think about who will die next, so thats that....
It might be their very last summer on earth. They might as well try to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I have this crazy as fuck theory as to why Akazawa thinks she's physically met Kouichi before:

Akazawa is the reincarnation/dead of Kouichi's mother, and possibly the Another.

Anyway I was probably high when I thought that, but it does possibly explain why she can't shake the feeling of having met him before.
In addition to what I already said on the first page, I would also add Akazawa states she physically remembers shaking Kouichi's hand. That is obviously impossible if she's his mother who died during childbirth.

I'd really like to know the reasoning behind the Akazawa = Kouichi's mother theory, as I don't understand where it comes from. It seems pretty random to me.
Old 2012-02-21, 18:26   Link #87
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Yes, it does if you cut the jugular veins ("internal" & "external") which are the major veins leading from the heart to the brain. Cutting the jugular veins -- which is what the teacher did when he slashed sideways on his throat -- is almost a sure instant death and results in a large spray of blood because the heart is pumping full force into large veins plus there's nothing to prevent the blood from flowing down from the brain and out the slash. [Source]
By definition, the veins return blood to the heart, and are relatively low-pressure as far as blood vessels go. The heart pumps blood into arteries. If an artery is cut then blood may spray out, but that's not very realistic with veins.

Was that scene realistic? I don't think so. Given the way he was cutting, he would have had blood streaming down his neck and then into it. He would have been choking on his own blood. When he reached the arteries blood might have started spraying, but it was clearly exaggerated.

But does anyone really care? It would have been a pretty boring scene to most people if you saw red streaming down his neck, and then heard him gurgling and choking. It's much more dramatic this way. As a work of fiction, it can get away with not being 100% realistic.
Old 2012-02-21, 18:35   Link #88
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
By definition, the veins return blood to the heart, and are relatively low-pressure as far as blood vessels go. The heart pumps blood into arteries. If an artery is cut then blood may spray out, but that's not very realistic with veins.

Was that scene realistic? I don't think so. Given the way he was cutting, he would have had blood streaming down his neck and then into it. He would have been choking on his own blood. When he reached the arteries blood might have started spraying, but it was clearly exaggerated.

But does anyone really care? It would have been a pretty boring scene to most people if you saw red streaming down his neck, and then heard him gurgling and choking. It's much more dramatic this way. As a work of fiction, it can get away with not being 100% realistic.
What he said. Arterial blood spray is just awesome/hilarious even without anatomical context.
Old 2012-02-21, 19:06   Link #89
boomerangnizorro

My goodness, I think I have it already
Spoiler for Theory:
Old 2012-02-21, 19:30   Link #90
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd really like to know the reasoning behind the Akazawa = Kouichi's mother theory, as I don't understand where it comes from. It seems pretty random to me.
I'd say dramatic effect, largely. Along with the theory that killing the extra could stop the curse, it could lead to a particularly treacherous dilemma. Even if the extra isn't related to Akazawa or his mother, what are the moral implications if it turns out to be true that the dead person has to "die" to save the others? Who makes that call? And wouldn't that count as murdering an innocent, even if their presence puts everyone else in danger?

Having said that, the more I think about it, the less likely it seems that Akazawa is Ritsuko. I already mentioned further upthread that it wouldn't explain why Sakakibara would need his memories of a year and a half ago altered. Since everyone's memories are suspect, a half-remembered connection anyone in the area shares could mean anything.

The key conceit in Another is the memory alteration. It's a contrivance, but if you suspend your disbelief for that, everything else works, and it makes it impossible to form a truly air-tight theory, since no character's body of knowledge is entirely reliable, even those giving the infodumps. All we can do is eliminate the impossible, and try to find potential theories that work from the perspective of the drama. The fun of that, at least to me, is delving into the darker implications.

On an unrelated note, I am saddened that they're going to the beach next. I was really looking forward to putting on my troll face and coming in here after a particularly gruesome death to ask if we're ever going to get a beach episode.
Old 2012-02-21, 19:40   Link #91
boomerangnizorro

About Akazawa, I think she had a thing for Kouichi when he visited Yomiyama 1.5 years ago. She forgot it when their memories were altered but it's still buried deep within her, hence her desire to study in Tokyo (since they obviously had to part when Kouichi had to return to Tokyo).

And yes, I'm shipping.
Old 2012-02-21, 19:42   Link #92
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Having said that, the more I think about it, the less likely it seems that Akazawa is Ritsuko. I already mentioned further upthread that it wouldn't explain why Sakakibara would need his memories of a year and a half ago altered. Since everyone's memories are suspect, a half-remembered connection anyone in the area shares could mean anything.
There's a major problem with this theory: the student who comes back isn't renamed or anything of that sort. The series didn't remark on the appearance, but I would assume that the person who comes back is the same as they were before they died. People lose their memory of the fact that the person died or attended the class years earlier.

It's always possible that there's something to the phenomenon that either hasn't been explained, is unknown, or is misunderstood by the characters. If we assume that isn't the case, though, then I don't see how Akazawa could be Ritsuko.
Old 2012-02-21, 19:47   Link #93
NeoChan
Banned

I think there is no such things as curse... its those peoples believes that is killing them.... denying something that really exist.... they simply freak out after realizing what is real and refuses to accept it... which results to accidents that causes their death and thus causes false believes to arise to worsen things up....

....in short... paranoid...
Old 2012-02-21, 21:08   Link #94
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
While I don't subscribe to that theory I still get the feeling she could be the Another,just without being Kouichi's mom.

Her brother died in class 3 in 1996,she could have died the same year.

She's the only one in the class that feels like she's seen Kouichi before,maybe they somehow met just before she died when he was in town 18 months ago which is why he doesn't remember his last visit?
Old 2012-02-21, 22:45   Link #95
Animexcel

The possibilities of dying at the beach, haha.. Shark attack?
Old 2012-02-21, 22:59   Link #96
Oyashiro

Geez, when Mikami announced the class trip, I was expecting her to pull out a knife and do the exact same thing the other teacher did.

That guy in the coffee shop sounded pretty guilty about ending the curse halfway through the year... maybe he somehow found out the Another and took their life? Maybe even at the shrine? Better yet, didn't two people die that August? Maybe he wasn't sure which was the Another so he just killed both of them. So he got lucky and killed the real Another, but he also killed an innocent person.

As for the identity of the Another... everyone's saying it's Akazawa, but what if it's the artist, Mochizuki? The quiet kid who likes to sit and paint twisted, somewhat demented things just seems like a typical suspect for being the reincarnation of a dead spirit. ...Not to mention he got away with acknowledging Mei right after the HNNNNNNNGH boy had his little "accident" ;P The familiar-hand thing feels like a red herring (or it might just link into a completely different plot point) and I think the Another might turn out to be someone totally unexpected or someone who had little indication given to their identity.

Great episode, though ^_^ I can't wait for the beach one.

Last edited by Oyashiro; 2012-02-21 at 23:18.
Old 2012-02-22, 00:35   Link #97
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I'm 100% positive that no one on this forum has guessed who the Another is.
Old 2012-02-22, 00:48   Link #98
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm 100% positive that no one on this forum has guessed who the Another is.
Mikami-sensei! Just a super-wild guess, why not...
Old 2012-02-22, 05:27   Link #99
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I'd say dramatic effect, largely. Along with the theory that killing the extra could stop the curse, it could lead to a particularly treacherous dilemma.
It would be quite dramatic if they had to kill Akazawa alone, even without Kouichi's mother implications.

I don't have any problems with the beach episode. Indeed it could be really weird. Everyone trying hard having fun in that eerie atmosphere typical of this show.
I didn't even call that fan-service.

Talking about who is who, right now I was thinking who of the major characters has something that make him/her eligible to be the another.
So far I can count Izumi with his brother's death. Kouichi with his aunt, his mother. Mei ... we don't know any of her relatives involved directly with the curse. So except for the cancer she is not in the same boat as her pals. The emo painter's sister was not in class 3-3, so neither him is eligible, so far. Any others?

If I had to make a guess Chibiki could be the another, I get this feeling. He is the safest character and above suspicion we know so far. So, he is the butler.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:07   Link #100
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangnizorro View Post
About Akazawa, I think she had a thing for Kouichi when he visited Yomiyama 1.5 years ago. She forgot it when their memories were altered but it's still buried deep within her, hence her desire to study in Tokyo (since they obviously had to part when Kouichi had to return to Tokyo).

And yes, I'm shipping.
If only...lawl.
Closed Thread

Tags
horror