Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-24, 16:54   Link #101
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles’s Vesperia Outfits Can Be Unlocked Two Ways

Quote:
Famitsu.com reports how these costumes will be available—they’ll be unlocked in a New Game+ mode. However, if you have a Tales of Vesperia save on your PS3, you’ll be able to use them in your first playthrough.

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAA~!!!!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 18:39   Link #102
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I guess in some way to make up for that, Symphonia Chronicles will have Xillia costumes as well.

These include a Ludger costume for Kratos, an Alvin costume for Zelos and a Elize costume for Presea.

Interesting that they're including a ToX2 one in there even though they only need the first game's save data.~
Old 2013-08-20, 19:03   Link #103
GDB

What's really interesting is that the West could end up seeing a Ludger!Kratos before they see a Ludger!Ludger.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 01:53   Link #104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

SONNA BAKA NA...!

Old 2013-09-23, 01:38   Link #105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

TGS

Old 2013-09-23, 10:58   Link #106
Shadow5YA

I wonder if the Tech/Arte glitch is still in the game. I liked having the best of both worlds.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 04:13   Link #107
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Reaches Europe In February With Collector’s Edition

Quote:
Europe is getting Tales of Symphonia Chronicles soon… really soon. The official Tales Twitter account shared today that the game will be released in Europe on February 28th. And yes, Europe is getting a collector’s edition like North America.
Old 2014-03-01, 19:00   Link #108
GDB

So, playing through Chronicles, and my god... that AI. So stupid. Why is it that it doesn't seem to understand "stay away" doesn't mean "walk right next to the boss and stand there"? I honestly don't know if I'll be able to finish the game like this. I'm only up to the Palmacosta Human Ranch boss (Magnius), and I've already had to just stop and put the game down for a few hours due to pure frustration with the AI.

Really making me miss Xillia's AI that I got used to.
Old 2014-03-02, 11:48   Link #109
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, playing through Chronicles, and my god... that AI. So stupid. Why is it that it doesn't seem to understand "stay away" doesn't mean "walk right next to the boss and stand there"? I honestly don't know if I'll be able to finish the game like this. I'm only up to the Palmacosta Human Ranch boss (Magnius), and I've already had to just stop and put the game down for a few hours due to pure frustration with the AI.

Tales AI has always been an upward trend, so despite the # of options, they're more apt to do stupid actions than in later Tales games(esp with this being the first 3D game and all). I can only say try to tweak the strats a little(all of them) and see what works.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 12:02   Link #110
Shadow5YA

As much as I enjoyed (the first) Symphonia, I really don't think the battle system has aged well. The lack of Free Run/3D movement even when the AI can still do it makes it pretty obvious

Quote:

In the Strategy option, you have to set their TP use to "all out". Generally if their TP drops below a certain threshold (easier in the early game), they will resort to mashing their basic attacks, even if they're mages like Genis and Raine who have no business using their normal attacks.

It's best that you fine tune each of the parameters instead of relying on their preset strategy. I'd give more suggestions, but I can't remember what they were off the top of my head.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2014-03-02 at 12:25.
Old 2014-03-03, 08:56   Link #111
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

Did they break the AI in the transition or something? Cause the AI in the GCN version was good.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 09:06   Link #112
GDB

No, I think it's just perception since the AI is amazing in Xillia and Xillia 2.
Old 2014-03-03, 09:17   Link #113
Jun pls

Since I have the GameCube version of Tales of Symphonia (it was actually my very first tales of game ever) and Wii version for the sequel, I wanted to wait till it drops in price.
But today, when I went shopping with my mom, I saw one very lonely-looking collector's edition on the shelf of a GameStop so I HAD to get it.
Can't wait to play through it again, been ages since I've done so. And if I can play the PS2-version on top it's even better.
I really loved the English voices back then (I'm still sad they changed alot of em for ToS2) but I think I'll go with the Japanese one, and even if it's just for the voiced skits :>

I still think Tales of Symphonia is one of the best tales series ever, so this will always have a special place in my heart ;;
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 11:24   Link #114
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

So, is the dual audio in as promised in the NA version?
Old 2014-03-03, 11:27   Link #115
GDB

Yes, and it's great. They even subtitled the battle quotes.
Old 2014-03-03, 11:28   Link #116
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I haven't played it yet and I'm from Europe, but according to my friend who plays it as well dual audio is in European version. And I wouldn't know a reason why we'd get it but not NA...
Old 2014-03-03, 11:28   Link #117
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I haven't gotten it myself yet, but the cover definitively states that it has both english and JP audio, as well as the original JP songs for the OP animations. (I hate it when they replace the JP songs with the cheaper instrumental themes, though at least with games like Wild Arms 2 they used the instrumental versions of the themes instead of totally different songs)
Old 2014-03-03, 11:42   Link #118
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I hate it when they replace the JP songs with the cheaper instrumental themes, though at least with games like Wild Arms 2 they used the instrumental versions of the themes instead of totally different songs
Me too, but in Symphonia's case I really like the instrumental thingy. Maybe because it was my first game and all, but I always thought it fit the mood really well and I get really sad when I see Colette and Lloyd standing in front of that tower with Colette writing something on his hand. The instrumental version of this part of the opening really gets to me.
But that's just my opinion
Old 2014-03-03, 12:04   Link #119
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I haven't gotten it myself yet, but the cover definitively states that it has both english and JP audio, as well as the original JP songs for the OP animations. (I hate it when they replace the JP songs with the cheaper instrumental themes, though at least with games like Wild Arms 2 they used the instrumental versions of the themes instead of totally different songs)
In Symphonia's case, the English audio is the same as the Gamecube version (they stated the voices were left untouched), meaning skits are not voiced if you choose English audio while they are for Japanese.
Old 2014-03-04, 11:26   Link #120
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh for fraks sake... It was bad enough that I had to pay for the overpriced Games on Demand release on the 360 since the dvd was nowhere to be found and now this? Damn you Bamco!