AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 05:55   Link #61
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

ANYWAYS........................................

The first Crysis never attracted me aside from epik graphics nor did II and neither does III; however, I've been watching some of the beta multiplier youtube videos and it looks so fun. I might just get the game solely for multiplayer. I rarely ever buy a FPS-plot type game for it's multiplayer but it looks so fun playing that Hunter game mode.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 15:57   Link #62
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I understand that butthurt, whether real or imagined, especially when it relates to Muv-Luv, is something intertwined with your manifest being. Nevertheless, as futile as it may be to ask this, please try and not mix up unrelated things.
There's no such thing as unrelated things, Wild Goose.

Didn't you watch Cloud Atlas?
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 18:58   Link #63
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Okay, made it up to NY proper.

Yeah, I'm kinda WTFing at the plot right now. I mean, CELL takes over the world through cheap energy? What happened to them being a PMC? Skinning nanosuits off soldiers? Seriously? Though I can get why that'd piss Psycho off, on account of him being tortured in Warhead.

The unlock system looks to be more achievement based rather than NOM based this time. This looks to be interesting.

Well, plot aside, I got this game to hunt people and use a Nanosuit. I'm hunting people and using a Nanosuit. I suppose I'm satisfied enough. Somehow, the game doesn't feel right if you don't play like the Predator.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 06:14   Link #64
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:

Well I actually started playing 3 yesterday instead of just bitching about something I've never actually played like I normally do. And on the first level I noticed something.

You're inside a CELL "harvesting" complex. At random points you pass computer monitors showing archive-type photos of Psycho before they cut the Nanosuit off of him. If you pay close attention to any of these screens, you can tell he's wearing a Nanosuit 2.0.

ow.

Why would Psycho have a Nanosuit 2.0 when we're explicitly told Hargreave only built one model specifically with himself in mind because he's an old geezerly Ribbons Almark type who thinks he's the only person mentally competent to be the savior of the human race and all of the Nanosuit 1.0s were just expendable test prototypes intended to collect data for perfecting his one and only final 2.0 model? That breaks the plot of the game. The moment you introduce the idea he mass produced 2.0s, you're now saying he never had to come up with a convoluted Bond villain scheme to capture Alcatraz and rip the Nanosuit off of him in a first person surgery scene (yes this is an actual thing that happens in 2) because he could have just hopped into another one hanging in his closet.

And then I started reading those Final Fantasy XIII-ish lore journal things where they actually wrote a plot for the game but forgot to put it in the actual game. I like how Prophet's journal logs say something like "And then I happened to cross paths with this old buddy of mine named Psycho and we teamed up to take out the Ceph hives in the time gap between 2 and 3." Oh, you mean Psycho, the guy you were already in constant contact with and became a close friend of when Nomad sacrificed himself protecting you two before Crysis 2's time frame according to that one comic? I like how they're simultaneously ignoring that part in canon and still somehow acknowledging it because oh that sucks we're still going to say Nomad is dead.

ow ow ow.

why does brain hurt
Well, this is certainly a thing that happened to me recently.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2013-02-28 at 09:27.
Old 2013-03-01, 23:48   Link #65
Hagoshod
Banned

Spoiler:

This is also a thing that happened.

Why does this keep happening?
Old 2013-03-03, 15:03   Link #66
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Okay, made it up to NY proper.

Yeah, I'm kinda WTFing at the plot right now. I mean, CELL takes over the world through cheap energy? What happened to them being a PMC? Skinning nanosuits off soldiers? Seriously? Though I can get why that'd piss Psycho off, on account of him being tortured in Warhead.

Well, plot aside, I got this game to hunt people and use a Nanosuit. I'm hunting people and using a Nanosuit. I suppose I'm satisfied enough. Somehow, the game doesn't feel right if you don't play like the Predator.
Yeah, just like I (and others) have said Crytech couldn't write a good story even if their lives were put on the line. And the dialogue is very cringe worthy (well, some of it at least). I have this feeling that Psycho is going to really annoy me in Crysis 3 once I get my hands on the game (which will be when I upgrade my Gaming PC later this year). The Crysis series does have some excellent gameplay and terrific graphics that even rivals next generation graphics, and I think the series will be known more for that than a good plot based series.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 15:39   Link #67
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Crysis 3 does indeed look good, but in my book the Witcher 2 currently holds the best graphical engine. When it comes to amazing graphics and art style TW2 wins.

I hated crysis 2 with passion. Its graphics were not impressive and the game play sucked. Thankfully, this version is much better and it actually feels as good if not better than crysis 1 in my opinion.
Old 2013-03-03, 22:21   Link #68
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I have this feeling that Psycho is going to really annoy me in Crysis 3
ha ha ha ha.

If he annoys you now, just wait until you see the weird romance angle they put him in.
Old 2013-03-03, 23:46   Link #69
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I hated crysis 2 with passion. Its graphics were not impressive and the game play sucked. Thankfully, this version is much better and it actually feels as good if not better than crysis 1 in my opinion.
I'd have to greatly disagree, I felt that the gameplay was refined and more polished, and the guns felt very satisfying. In fact, I actually enjoyed Crysis 2 more than Crysis (though I know I'm in the minority with this notion). Now the FPS series that deserves the "Golden Turkey" award is the Call of Duty series. The gameplay feels generic and boring, and the guns feel like they are plastic pellet guns. But that's just me, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
ha ha ha ha.

If he annoys you now, just wait until you see the weird romance angle they put him in.
Oooooh dear. Eh, I'll just close my eyes when I get into those sappy moments.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 21:22   Link #70
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Why does she keep calling me hardware?
Okay, so in the first game the Ceph were giant floating Lovecraftian monsters.

In the second game, they were the Space Pirates from Metroid Prime.

Now they're spiky jumpy velociraptor things.

Why am I fighting spiky raptors?
again, things happen.