AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-03-28, 07:15   Link #61
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

Wow. +1 season for Clannad. Now this is something to look forward to as well as Haruhi 2.
I predict...somewhat more sadder than season 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukix View Post
I'll will wait for first kiss Nagisa/Tomoya ^^
Indeed.
KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 07:16   Link #62
sobaro

is it true The May issue of Dengeki G's Magazine will on sale on March 29
i read that here
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-be-announced
sobaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 08:06   Link #63
Kristen
*Author

I guess my biggest question now is whether the OP/ED will change or not... I don't think the OP will, but I do wonder if they want a more downbeat ending song or not... I mean, I don't see them using Chiisana Terohina every episode, but maybe something from the Vocal albums?
Old 2008-03-28, 08:45   Link #64
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You've got a triple negative in there eh. You meant to say "never once did I doubt that Kyoani would make a season 2 for Clannad", right.
Damn, caught red-handed by the Grammar Nazi.

Kyo-Ani would indeed be foolish to simply end Clannad at the School Life arc. Objectively speaking, Clannad season 1 is a decent show, but very mediocre when put alongside Kanon 2006 and AIR. After Story would fill up that emotional gap (aka "tear gas attack") Kanon and AIR fans would be craving for.

I would say season 1 only has 25% of the story's essence, whereas After Story would have 75%. Though I wish it'll be another 24 episodes, I'm fine with 12 episodes as well, and if Kyo-Ani can make legions cry with 12 episodes of AIR, I'm sure this would be a piece of cake for them.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 08:51   Link #65
Shinbou
Ka-na-me...^^

Send a message via MSN to Shinbou
So this rumour is true, this is really awsome!
I tought it was as fake as an air second season rumour ^^.

Altought i almost can't imagen tomoya beating someone up...i wanna know whyyyyy!!

I would like clannad ~after story~ first then haruhi 2nd. But thats my opinion cause i was dissapointed by the first haruhi serie ^^

This is gonna be a long long wait.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-03-28 at 08:54. Reason: spoiler comment removed
Shinbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 09:42   Link #66
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I used up a box of Kleenex going through the entire After Story. I'd assume it's best to warn everyone else to do so.

Of course, as I've said before, the biggest debate for season 2 is which conclusion are they gonna give us.

Frankly I don't want the ending the movie decided to give us. Give us the real one dammit!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 09:47   Link #67
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I used up a box of Kleenex going through the entire After Story. I'd assume it's best to warn everyone else to do so.

Of course, as I've said before, the biggest debate for season 2 is which conclusion are they gonna give us.

Frankly I don't want the ending the movie decided to give us. Give us the real one dammit!
That's also up to debate. Which ending is the real one? (Note: Retorical Question. I know your answer. )
Old 2008-03-28, 09:50   Link #68
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well we obviously can't talk about it here since it's massively spoilerific, but yes we know which one.

That said, I'm sure everyone who's finished the game agrees that Tomoya and Nagisa do not deserve anything less than the real end, and all of us therefore demand that the anime conclude that way.
Old 2008-03-28, 09:53   Link #69
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well we obviously can't talk about it here since it's massively spoilerific, but yes we know which one.

That said, I'm sure everyone who's finished the game agrees that Tomoya and Nagisa do not deserve anything less than the real end, and all of us therefore demand that the anime conclude that way.
Or maybe not, considering how Tomoya's true colors showed afterwards... Uguu! There's so much I want to say on this but can't in this thread...
Old 2008-03-28, 10:18   Link #70
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well If what happened to Tomoya happened to me, I'd probably be hanging from a tree outside my house.

But that's OT, I'm gonna watch the trailer again and my safe and silly predictions.
Old 2008-03-28, 10:57   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Just to remind you (all readers, no one particularly) a little point:
Please remember this is the general discussion of AS, for the anime watchers.

As stated in the thread guidelines, any spoiler of future events, even in spoiler tags are NOT TOLERATED here.
This also includes the mention of name of new characters and such (even if it doesn't reveal any event etc).

Please use Clannad - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Clannad gamers only) thread in such instance.
There were already 3-4 cases like this without even 100 posts already. Please keep this thread clean, and leave the "AS virgins" free to speculate or so.
Of course, any "false speculation" bordeline spoilers will be taken care of as well.
Old 2008-03-28, 11:27   Link #72
Deathscyther

I already knew from the beginning that we were going to have a season 2. Well I couldn't know for sure of course, but I just had a feeling XD;

They could make it a 12-13 episode season if they'll focus on Nagisa and Tomoya, but they could easily make it a 24 episode season if they'll focus on the side characters as well (they could make the side characters interact more in the school part)

I think that we'll get a great ending to the show.
Old 2008-03-28, 11:41   Link #73
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Why tears would be a requirement? All I want is to see Tomoya's and Nagisa's couple life. Seeing them going through challenges of a married couple is enough for me. And a change from romance anime that usually end when guy choose/confess/kiss the girl. I liked Clannad well enough for Tomoya and Nagisa development alone, and welcome After Story as continuation of Nagisa x Tomoya.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 11:54   Link #74
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Why tears would be a requirement? All I want is to see Tomoya's and Nagisa's couple life. Seeing them going through challenges of a married couple is enough for me. And a change from romance anime that usually end when guy choose/confess/kiss the girl. I liked Clannad well enough for Tomoya and Nagisa development alone, and welcome After Story as continuation of Nagisa x Tomoya.
I agree, and it's very possible they could throw a lot of filler into this to fill in gaps between then and now. 24 eps wouldn't be a stretch to suggest but the 12 more than likely will happen I'd agree. It would be great to have 24 to expand upon the relationship...>_> but I worry about how it's going to end myself...

In one sense it'd be great to balance everything out (The movie goes one way) and hopefully the series goes another, but I've been tricked by that hope before XD
MetaSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 12:11   Link #75
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaSigma View Post
I agree, and it's very possible they could throw a lot of filler into this to fill in gaps between then and now. 24 eps wouldn't be a stretch to suggest but the 12 more than likely will happen I'd agree. It would be great to have 24 to expand upon the relationship...>_> but I worry about how it's going to end myself...

In one sense it'd be great to balance everything out (The movie goes one way) and hopefully the series goes another, but I've been tricked by that hope before XD
We said that tears are possibly a requirement, assuming they stay faithful to the original After Story (which they probably will, regardless of which ending they give us). Suffice to say that their life together isn't a honeymoon everyday, so just be prepared okay.
Old 2008-03-28, 12:17   Link #76
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
I don't expect a honeymoon everyday XD, I expect tough times and lots of struggle, I just don't want a certain ending to happen...

Last edited by MetaSigma; 2008-03-28 at 12:25. Reason: To spoilerish
MetaSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 13:00   Link #77
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud668 View Post
Doubt they could actually fit in Tomoyo and Kyou's path from the school life arc in. Doubt they would throw in Tomoyo After too, considering the time difference.
No not them I mean Yukine, Misae, Kappei if he ever shows his freaking face XD Yuusuke...I didn't care much for Kyou's path in the first place so I don't really care her's wasn't as good as the others.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 19:26   Link #78
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Wonder how much a part the peripheral characters will play, or if they decide to focus solely on Nagisa and Tomoya. I need my tomoyo fix. Personally i never liked Haruhi so i hope they decide to broadcast this soon as not to break stride.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 19:32   Link #79
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaSigma View Post
I don't expect a honeymoon everyday XD, I expect tough times and lots of struggle, I just don't want a certain ending to happen...
Don't worry. They get better.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 19:37   Link #80
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
They get better.
Everytime that sentence appears, I want to bring up the witch that turn people into newts. But I already did it in Kurogane's blog so I'll abstain
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote