AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-07, 12:50   Link #981
maximilianjenus
[E]

as far as the new chapters go, I hope they explain a bit about the family between tiwlights, so they don't feel rushed.
Old 2009-07-07, 12:59   Link #982
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Middle game, the one you must play as a magician, quite fitting.
I don't want the play like a machine in Umineko.. x_x in the literal sense it would propably be a lame kind of explanation lool

Last edited by Auria; 2009-07-07 at 13:00. Reason: english fail )X
Old 2009-07-07, 14:04   Link #983
Marion
The Great Dine

So they're making the aquarium trip in 1984 :V I don't know how I feel about that, considering what we know in the game. Ah well...
Old 2009-07-07, 14:09   Link #984
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
So they're making the aquarium trip in 1984 :V I don't know how I feel about that, considering what we know in the game. Ah well...
Remind me - what do we know in the game? you're talking as if we know something bad about that... and I can't remember (well I did play months ago...)

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-07, 14:14   Link #985
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
Remind me - what do we know in the game? you're talking as if we know something bad about that... and I can't remember (well I did play months ago...)
Please fill me in too XD I always assumed that the school festival/aquarium took place way before the family conference.
Old 2009-07-07, 14:14   Link #986
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
Let's go timeline wise:

-George visiting Rokkenjima and Eva telling off Shannon
-Shannon sees Beatrice
-Shannon breaks the mirror
-Shannon goes to the Aquarium with George
-Shannon gives the butterfly pendent to Kanon
-Kanon and Jessica go to the School Festival

Here's my problem with it: When Shannon meets Beatrice she gives both her and Kanon a butterfly mark on their hand. Beatrice remarks to Kanon on the last event that the bruise is wearing off. Would the bruise really take 2 years to wear off? :V Then at the aquarium trip George tells Shannon that at the upcoming conference he was going to give her a ring, which implies the trip was in 1986 and not 1984. Beatrice also says at the ending of the festival part that the ceremony will soon begin.
Old 2009-07-07, 14:23   Link #987
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yes we have speculated this recently. The trip to Okinawa almost certainly happened on the summer of 1986, and the school festival with the tsurupettan scene probably happened on september, so both events are pretty close to the start of the time loop.

Old 2009-07-07, 14:29   Link #988
Rias

Quote:
Who said the trip takes place in 1984?

Quote:
Let's go timeline wise:

Here's my problem with it: When Shannon meets Beatrice she gives both her and Kanon a butterfly mark on their hand. Beatrice remarks to Kanon on the last event that the bruise is wearing off. Would the bruise really take 2 years to wear off? :V

Sure, why not? Rather, who can say the mark was real to begin with? It's a fantasy element afterall.
Old 2009-07-07, 14:31   Link #989
Marion
The Great Dine

Rias's spoiler does :U~

The bruise might be fantasy related, but George talking about the ring and the school festival are real events that are implied to have taken placed in 1986.
Old 2009-07-07, 14:35   Link #990
Rias

This?

Spoiler:

No where does it mention anything about the trip taking place in 1984
Old 2009-07-07, 14:38   Link #991
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
This?

Spoiler:

No where does it mention anything about the trip taking place in 1984
Spoiler for Response:

If that's the case though then I must have misread something XD; My bad.
Old 2009-07-07, 14:42   Link #992
Rias

Quote:
Spoiler for Response:

If that's the case though then I must have misread something XD; My bad.
These events do take place in 1984:
1. Shannon and Kanon meeting Beatrice
2. Shannon breaking the mirror
Old 2009-07-07, 14:47   Link #993
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm yeah, in that scene George meets with Kinzo. And that was the last time that Kinzo showed himself on a family conference. It's interesting that the anime confirm this, because as far as I recall the novel didn't specify it.

I do find kinda strange that the bruise is still there after 2 years though... didn't Beatrice say that it would disappear after a few days?

Old 2009-07-07, 15:26   Link #994
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
From newtype:

Spoiler for 1-3~2-1:

Episode 6 will indeed be the start of ep2.
heh, I'm just jumping on this thread so I haven't read anything prior pages 50 so, it this is discussed already, forgive me.

I find those subtitles interesting. Especially 1-4 and 1-5.
I wonder if those titles are Ryukishi approved (tm)?
I don't think 07th Expansion will oversee the any aspect of the production or the anime script. I would assume Ryukishi/BT would just hand them their expectations and things that must happen for the Episode (as in that entirety of "Legend of the Golden Witch" Episode I).

Judging with how DEEN handled Higurashi, I personally doubt Umineko will be solvable with only the anime as much have to be cut. Higu for example didn't have a single TIP and all the epilogues were cut. Although I haven't watched the KAI anime so this may be unfair to their current ways. So I wonder if the director named these anime episodes himself with or without Ryukishi's guidance?

Assuming these anime subtitles are approved by Ryukishi (which I doubt)

Judging by the current pacing...
EP I-II will cover up to the 6 deaths, probably concentrating building up the riddle and reestablishing the family hierarchy so first time views understand who is who better and why their names are so DQN.

EP I-III will probably end with Eva and Hideyoshi's death, probably concentrating on the tension with Eva and Natsuhi and expanding on the traits of the other characters. Goal making Eva as evil and suspicious with Natsuhi looking as holy and motherly as possible. Then shock end with Eva's death.

EP I-IV will start probably with that whole Kanon ordeal.
If so, I fine the subtitle extremely interesting especially with Battler's assumptions he made in EP 04 (game).

EP I-V I think will be first half will end the murders, fake credit roll, then Tea Party second half and possibly the Ura (I do wonder if they'll cut the Ura completely out as with Higu all the epilogues were). The subtitle here also makes me wonder. I've mentioned before about Fool's Mate in EP 03 game thread.

For the last EP of Episode I to be titled Fool's Mate is strange.
Fool's Mate will imply a stupid mistake or intentional lost...

Actually looking over the wiki entry again under similar trap
Quote:
Black's greediness has gotten the better of him.
I wonder how much thought is put in these subtitles...

Actually, looking at that wiki entry again made me notice a possible theory on the that final scene in Episode I. I guess I'll post something in the EP 04 game thread when I finish working on my current theory upto EP 04 ^^;

Last edited by nagare; 2009-07-07 at 16:25.
Old 2009-07-07, 15:43   Link #995
Marion
The Great Dine

I just hope that DEEN doesn't do so horribly that Ryukushi would make them add an extra arc just to help explain some things, like they did in Higurashi XD I'm mostly worried about the red text, because skimping over it would really mess up some things.
Old 2009-07-07, 16:05   Link #996
maximilianjenus
[E]

Actually you could say that the red text is a good thing because they now know that they should not skip any facts leading to red text; or the red text itself.
Old 2009-07-08, 05:28   Link #997
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I wonder if we'll get to see the interaction between Bern and Lambda animated, that would make my day.
Old 2009-07-08, 05:45   Link #998
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Now that I think about it, the transition from Episodes to Tea Parties are a bit sudden and jarring. If they're gonna animate it, and I hope they do, they need o do a believable transition at the least.
Old 2009-07-08, 06:46   Link #999
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Actually you could say that the red text is a good thing because they now know that they should not skip any facts leading to red text; or the red text itself.
Actually, the anime will instantly fail if the director decide to skip any red text.

I wish the anime would air faster. I can't really wait to see the reaction when the witches start to come out. It would be really fun to watch (read) through blogs .

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-08, 10:08   Link #1000
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Now that I think about it, the transition from Episodes to Tea Parties are a bit sudden and jarring. If they're gonna animate it, and I hope they do, they need o do a believable transition at the least.
I'm kind of hoping they'll cut out the 4th wall breaking in the first Tea Party's beginning (since anime watchers won't know it's supposed to kind of be a reference to Higurashi's wrap parties for the most part), and do something like they do for Episode 2's with Rosa, with Battler just kind of waking up in the Tea Party room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Actually, the anime will instantly fail if the director decide to skip any red text.

I wish the anime would air faster. I can't really wait to see the reaction when the witches start to come out. It would be really fun to watch (read) through blogs .
I'm really looking forward to the second twilight in Episode 2. If there's anything that will get the most amount of 'WHAT THE %$#^!?' it will be that, from all the people expecting Umineko to be Higurashi 2.0.
Closed Thread