Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-18, 17:29   Link #2141
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
If it's a good mahjong game, it might get me to power up my ancient PSP for the first time in a while. I saw Momoko in the presentation, but other than that, they're not really giving up much, are they?

It might be fun to play if you could choose between "normal human mode" and "broken-as-hell-Saki-world mode that makes statistician weep" for variety. You know, the mode where you can just discard those sucky random honor tiles and get the godly ones you need to upgrade your crappy tanyao to something that shakes the foundations of the very universe! (And make Ikeda cry.)
VS Momo: You can't see what her discards are and she has stealth riichi
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 17:59   Link #2142
uchiha99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Would it count as a Earthly hand if Saki Kans off a discard as a meld kan and wins from the dead wall or is that still Rinshan Kaihou?
nope, it would be rinshan kaihou not earthly hand, a earthly hand can only be won by self-draw in the 1st go round, uninteruped. (earthly hand in HK style r different than jap. mahjong). the chances of winning by a heavenly or earthly hand r way slimmer than winning by a rinshan kaihou or a haitai. the chances of someone winning with these hand in Saki r like slim to none, or maybe one or two people
uchiha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 22:45   Link #2143
TakumiFuji

An enjoyable ep a bit too much jumping from school to school though. And the whole can we still be friends routine between nodoka and koromo was the most entertaining.

As far as whats up with the Saki's family issues i think Teru was the prodigy similar to Nodoka and Saki was just gifted the thing that cant be explained and saki crushed her pride this caused saki's =/- zero technique and Teru destroy the world.

Im hoping they will put off the sister clash till second season so they dont rush these final eps. So we can really see all the individuals tournement play out.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 22:48   Link #2144
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

hmm still it could you a blunter yuri fest raher than that face value show >_<

but it was enjoyable heheheh
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 03:35   Link #2145
M.Marangio

Second DVD

The second DVD was released today. There are pictures of the DVDs and the dakimakura in this article (NSFW links): http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50874966.html
ETA: English version: http://en.akibablog.net/archives/2009/08/50874966.html

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-08-24 at 11:45.
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 05:08   Link #2146
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep20:
^

Well maybe its just me but i felt a wide gap of differences in animation style in this episode compared to the previous ones,or to be more specific,the scenes of that involved Ryuumonbuchi girls.Feel like the animation was poor there....not sure how to describe it,but surely it wasn't as smooth as the other episodes though,some of it were out of shape.Probably the animators couldn't really animate things on their own without any reference from the manga itself,since there's no more manga material left for them to animate after the team tournament finished.

Well keep that aside,i guess episode 20 wasn't that bad...altho Koromo didn't attract me as much as she did during the tournament.Even the fanservices didn't appeal me that much...the peace after tournament certainly isn't what i want actually,and despite of Koromo saying that she won't participate in the individual tournament,i really do hope that she would make a sudden appearance and participate in the individual tournament >w<...need moar power of the moon rabbit~
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 10:22   Link #2147
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred
,i really do hope that she would make a sudden appearance and participate in the individual tournament >w<...need moar power of the moon rabbit~
I agree with you, Koromo-san should participate if nothing else just to keep Saki from dominating the tournament. Unless Saki isn't also participating or will not play seriously for some reason...

Still, has it been confirmed that the next episode would be the start of the individual tournament? Or since the title is "Remembrance" would it be some sort of flashback to the past... like a sort of recap or showing the match between Hisa and Mihoko.

Btw, I just found something in fanfiction.net, they made a category for Saki in the anime/manga section...
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:50   Link #2148
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Bleh, there are some character out there that could stand against Saki. What's more, looking at her play records (that are often only glossed over) while it's true that Saki got some impressive winning records, it's also true that when she loses she loses hard because of her kind of wacky playing style, and it wasn't outside of Mako, Hisa or Nodoka reach to beat her every hand in a while. It wouldn't be out of reach of the other school's powerhouses (Mihoko, Yumi, Touka) to beat her. Haha, while I wouldn't give for Kaori ousting her though.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 15:40   Link #2149
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

We don't know how vulnerable she'd be to Momo, either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 23:33   Link #2150
night_sentinel

Reviewing Saki's games, I think you're probably right Proto...

Still her playing style (wacky it maybe), is still haxor as demonstrated in the finals. We could argue that Koromo allowed her to win, but still being able to successfully call rinshan kaihou almost every time is a ridiculous advantage. She also seems to have an idea of what her opponents hand is and what are they going to get and manipulate it to her advantage. And she can get very easily to tenpai due to her monster designation...

But , she probably won't trounce the competition assuming that she will compete, Saki is proven vulnerable to mind-screws (thx Yumi) , fearful auras (koromo and Fujita-pro) and may fall to Momo's stealth setting. Additionally, they are already in the national, she doesn't have heroic resolve to allow her to play 100% or give her a goal so she maybe in her default setting where in she get's +/- zero or at the very least the state where she has socks on .

Btw, is there a limit on how many can compete from a single school? And who do you think will face who? I know the 2 captain of Kiyosumi and kazehoshi has a high chance of facing each other... maybe Touka and Nodoka will meet again for a rematch.... but who else?

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2009-08-20 at 23:37. Reason: sentence structure
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 23:51   Link #2151
FateAnomaly

Logically, since it is individual (they are not representing their school) there shouldn't be a limit on how many can participate as long as they actually got though the qualifying round.

Also about Momo stealth mode, she did say she need time to get into stealth mode and the stronger the opponent the longer it takes to do so. She probably wouldn't have the time to go stealth if the match is only 1 round.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 02:20   Link #2152
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Logically, since it is individual (they are not representing their school) there shouldn't be a limit on how many can participate as long as they actually got though the qualifying round.

Also about Momo stealth mode, she did say she need time to get into stealth mode and the stronger the opponent the longer it takes to do so. She probably wouldn't have the time to go stealth if the match is only 1 round.
Ah. I bet she makes it anyway through the first day of only east rounds. She's a strong enough player even without the stealth mode and there'll probably be tons of crappy opponents.
Old 2009-08-21, 02:23   Link #2153
Peanutbutter

Apparently, Ep 22 (30/8) will be postponed due to the elections. Will this apply to its broadcast on Crunchyroll as well?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 11:59   Link #2154
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Apparently, Ep 22 (30/8) will be postponed due to the elections. Will this apply to its broadcast on Crunchyroll as well?
If it doesn't air in Japan, it won't air in CrunchyRoll. There's a precedent with this for the Naruto simulcast, and possibly some other shows.

Ah well, it's a reasonable sacrifice for democracy.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 12:11   Link #2155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, with the advent of "licensed by streaming" - its getting tougher to remember which series are licensed for DVDs versus simply licensed for streaming. Up til recently, I could just use AS as my augmented memory for such things. Now its "oh its licensed... but licensed for what?"

1) Any noises on if Saki is destined for DVD?

2) Yay for elections... though the choices in this one don't seem to inspire anyone.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:33   Link #2156
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
1) Any noises on if Saki is destined for DVD?
Nope, not yet.
Old 2009-08-21, 21:42   Link #2157
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

im pretty sure if the dvd came out im petty sure the many reason is to get that cut parts and foogy parts that was nto shown in the tv hehehehe or on the stream as they say since it was shown in the net right??
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 23:01   Link #2158
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Nope, not yet.
In Japan or in US?

The second DVD for Saki is out only recently.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 23:47   Link #2159
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
In Japan or in US?

The second DVD for Saki is out only recently.
Well, he was talking about licensing, so I assume he means on R1 DVD.
Old 2009-08-22, 00:12   Link #2160
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

eyah.... what einhorn303 said. o.O

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen