AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-17, 21:31   Link #61
kakash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKyo
because we're all skool rejects...for all of you who are out of skool, ur work rejects, for all of u who don't do shite ur still rejects...LOL

Kyo, kyo, kyo... i love how u speak for all of us even tho the majority of us (i hope) have lives. and plus.. ur the one that beats himself to a pic of shizune :fingers:
kakash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 23:01   Link #62
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
What "having a life" means is highly subjective and thus that wording shouldn't really be used. What's more, it's quite obvious he was joking so don't get worked up about it; why do you feel you have to answer to him? Do you feel like it was directed towards you?

And as for what people do alone in the dark during the night is none of our business, whether it includes Shizune or not :P
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 23:45   Link #63
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakash1
Kyo, kyo, kyo... i love how u speak for all of us even tho the majority of us (i hope) have lives. and plus.. ur the one that beats himself to a pic of shizune :fingers:
Well, it's not really your place to say what is having a life and what isn't. I don't think anything is more fun than sitting on my ass at the computer all day. "Having a life", in my opinion, is enjoying what you do everyday. If all those popular kids want to hang out with their "cool" crowd and talk on their cell phones all day, then by all means, let them do it. But that doesn't seem very fun to me >_<

Wait...what about beating off to Shizune? Who does that? *LOOKS AROUND* uhhhhh...

*RUNS AWAY*
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 04:14   Link #64
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii_tsunami
im notta naruto fanboy..so hush...all u criticizers....
some ppl will prolly disagree with my POV, but heck...im 11...my taste in anime is totally diff from a 20 yr olds..hmm!?!!
gotta anythign to say? say to my ass WMAUHAAH lol..j/k
Actually you dind't make a point at all, or made clear you have a point of view for that matter. But you eleven so i'll forgive you
Old 2004-09-18, 16:32   Link #65
kakash1

lol i was kidding too and kyo i hope you know that since i used to joke around with you beating off to shizune before.. so sorry if i offended you =(
kakash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 17:26   Link #66
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Naruto is so popular because its so good, if you want to know why its so good? Well thats for another thread all together.

Spoiler:
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 08:52   Link #67
anti-sasuke brigade

Naruto why is it addictive

ok, we all know naruto is very addictive in its own way, but the question is why?? is it addictive. i found myself watching some spoilers even though i know its a waste of time and downloads. other time i watch old espiode of naruto like the Zabuza arc and the Chunin exam, i seen these soo many times now that i have lost counted. So why is naruto soo addictive even though naruto only know Kage bushin and rasengan which he uses, basicly in all his fights.

the question im trying to get through here is, is naruto that good that make ones to watch/read old manga or anime espiode over and over again

and NO!!! to all those sasuke fan-girl/boy the answer is not cause of sasuke

and NO!!! im not a bored 12 year old kid that have no life and plays World of Warcraft all day and watch animes, its just that i tend turn to Naruto during those bored times

PS: sorry for my english
PPS: english is not my first language
anti-sasuke brigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 09:21   Link #68
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Naruto is crap in almost every facet of respectable anime.

It's got WAY excessive filler (though there's an excuse), SLOW plot development, HORRIFIC use of flashback (one or more times per episode), FORCED character development, archetypal characters (though it's expected from anime), etc.

The character design ranges from awesome (Orochimaru, many of the Akatsuki) to freaking terrible (the bright-colored anti-camo Team 7). The actual jutsus are very poorly scaled. There are some incredibly large-scale techniques shown in the first Hokage fight, but a few episodes later, you see Naruto, Gaara, and other *GENIN* use techniques on a far, far larger scale. And bloodlines are boring, especially when they're clearly overpowered. Fights have also become fairly predictable.

1. Bad guy beats good guys up.
2. Naruto jumps in and saves someone at the last second.
3. Naruto uses kage bunshin or one of its variants.
4. Bad guy laughs and beats Naruto up.
5. Flashback to scene of when another character didn't get up and fought back.
6. Naruto blabbers about his "way of the ninja" and not giving up, then awakens kyuubi.
7. lol bad guy got pwned.
8. Naruto is brought back to the village and healed up then eats ramen.
9. Repeat for next arc.

Granted, I don't know why it's addictive. Like everyone else, I'm ashamed. I'd guessed the sannin-team 7 connection the second the sannin were introduced. The plot's very predictable. But oh well. I guess I want more of Orochimaru's emo powers.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 10:10   Link #69
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
It's good because Sasuke is it in DUH!
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 10:25   Link #70
Naruto_Demon
Senior Gundam Pilot

Send a message via MSN to Naruto_Demon Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto_Demon
Well...I'm not sure about everyone else, but I love Naruto because I can kinda relate to some of the characters. And I'm 17, and I've been watching this show since 2003 and it caught my attention. It has the cool effect and yet there are moments that could warm peoples heart. So ages don't matter (I know someone who is 43 and loves the show to death exactly like me lol)

Btw...Anko rocks! *yay!*
Naruto_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 10:34   Link #71
Sasuke_Akatsuki
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke_Akatsuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_Demon View Post
Well...I'm not sure about everyone else, but I love Naruto because I can kinda relate to some of the characters. And I'm 17, and I've been watching this show since 2003 and it caught my attention. It has the cool effect and yet there are moments that could warm peoples heart. So ages don't matter (I know someone who is 43 and loves the show to death exactly like me lol)

Btw...Anko rocks! *yay!*
awww i know!! i can relate to a few characters like Naruto even though i prefer Sasuke
Sasuke_Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 16:03   Link #72
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

I play a little game called FEAR. On a practical level its a game where you pick up a gun and shoot people down. At the end, the winner is the person who has gunned down the most opponents. Its fast, and a bloody, its real, and has effects straight out of a john woo movie. On a practical level, its madness. SO why is FEAR so popular? Why are the servers packed even at 12 in the afternoon when everyone is at work or at school? The reason is after a while the game just slows down, things begin to make sense, and you're eyes get acclimated to it. At first its strange, you die a lot, and it just seems stupid. But when your eyes get acclimated to it, you start to appreciate the difference between a good FEAR player and an average or a rookie as yourself. The subtle way that FEAR champion moves, his tactics, his invincibility, you can follow him with your mind but not with your body. FEAR is just like every art form out there in that to the unconcious mind, it exists only on the practical level, simply as what it physically is. However that same art to the concious mind, its gains glory, it becomes beautiful, and is a work to be admired. A good FEAR player produces work to be admired. To this day, I don't appreciate ballet and its clear why to me; my mind is dull to it and is unconcious. I don't know what to look for or what to appreciate. I haven't "experienced" ballet.

So what does it have to do with why I like naruto so much? At first it was strange, and I couldn't even get past the first 10 episodes. But now, now that I know what to look for, the meshing of japanese folklore, and use of japanese culture, the characters, they're subtle but important differences, its like watching that excellent FEAR player all over again. When the plot subtly moves into action, its like watching that FEAR champion subtly glide past my bullets and gracefully excute a slide kick. Life and beauty can only be found in change and motion and perhaps a good series like naruto which so gracefully exemplifies both change and motion, a good series which is never still and exemplifies the full spectrum of man, such a series is only destined to be popular.

I also like kakashi. He's cool too...
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 18:01   Link #73
Papaya
Sup

FEAR isn't that popular though =P
That's why they had to release FEAR Combat... so the multiplayer would actually have players >.>

Granted, it's an excellent game.
Old 2006-12-28, 19:19   Link #74
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

You just had to throw that in didn't you? LOL. Let me ask you this: if you could date paris hilton for a year at the price of 3000 dollars would you do it? Maybe... but probably you wouldn't pony up the cash. But at the price of zero dollars?... FEAR is dating paris hilton!

(I choose paris hilton because she is well known as being pretty. In truth, the woman repulses me)
Old 2006-12-28, 19:43   Link #75
Papaya
Sup

Well to be really honest about that, she's probably 10 feet taller than me, and plus, I'm already engaged =P

But even asides the point... yes... I think she's nasty too. She looks like a man :O

But yes, for a free game, FEAR is excellent. I got bored with the stock maps though... they're really boring. They're all dark and mostly indoors. The weapon choice got to me as well. There simply isn't much of a selection. I'd hoped for more strategic, open maps, but the only outdoors map turns into a snipe-fest where nothing ever happens.

Granted, there's only one or two active custom map servers. Those are REALLY fun.
Old 2006-12-28, 20:11   Link #76
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

19 and engaged? Unlucky you!
Old 2006-12-28, 20:23   Link #77
Lelouch
Phaeton

Doesn't Paris have massive feet ?

Anyway, I guess Naruto is popular because loads of peopls like the ninja genre and having all the hand seals etc are cool.
I'm finding it difficult to explain why I like it =/
Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 20:31   Link #78
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-I think that most people like the Naruto franchise because it appeals to so many people at once through it's plathora of characters. People that adore the demon posessed characters have Naruto and Gaara (early on). The perverts have Tsunade (if you need me to explain this to you then feel free to slap yourself, go on you deserve it), Anko and Temari. There's the cold-hearted bastards like Sasuke, Itachi, and the so on. The weird ones like Orochimaru and Kakuzu. In all honesty, I watch Naruto simply out of choice and preference. I do like other animes and manga but this is my current main one.
Old 2006-12-28, 21:33   Link #79
^Shikamaru^

Naruto isn't as popular as it use to be... 1+ year filler

But I would have to say that it just came down to the timing of it.
Just look at how DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Seed, Bleach, etc., got released and caught on fire.
^Shikamaru^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 01:38   Link #80
7thFonon
seventh

Yes....Why did they have to have filler!!?? I think it would have been cool if in place of all of those fillers, they went back in time and showed seperate timelines. Kind of like Kakashi Gaiden. I would have liked a history of Haku arc much more than random missions.

But I guess it is popular because it has action and some comedy, and is somewhat unique (like sharingan, byakugan). I think that's why DBZ was so popular. Sure you have a lot of super hero shows, but in this one they explain it better on how they use their ki and all. Plus they had super saiyans, no show had that.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote