AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 10:20   Link #241
kitten320

I wonder why they decided to jump back and forwards between chapters.
Old 2012-03-24, 14:01   Link #242
ookamigirl

They sure have a great self-sacrificing coach that really cares for his team.
Hope they will repay his kindness with equal measure.
The practice match looked interesting. Those guys were really good players.
Well, Araki sure learned the hard way he's gotta lose weight...
Seems like the team's inside relationship got better thanks to that match.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 06:56   Link #243
MasterVampire

Hey how many episodes is this show?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 14:12   Link #244
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see Yusuke come to the match to see Kakeru. Well Kakeru did get in and scored, but he's still making his mistakes. Lol Kakeru thinking about an indirect kiss. Was that another Suguru trick popping up at the end?
Old 2012-04-01, 15:08   Link #245
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Hey how many episodes is this show?
Considering how long most 'serious' sports anime are... how long is a piece of string?

In short, I'm not sure anyone knows - Prince of Tennis finished at 178, and I could see Area no Kishi following along in the same vein, really. I recall something claiming that the anime would need 80+ episodes to reach the foes who are involved in the OP.

Given how far we seem to have gotten in the plot after 13 episodes (I wouldn't know, never read the manga), this is a very good thing. With no apparent set limit in terms of episodes, the plot has a chance to stretch it's legs and never feels completely rushed. It works for me
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 22:28   Link #246
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Annoyed that this looks like it's getting the delaycast treatment now. Epside 13 was a day late(it finally appeared on Saturday night) and Crunchyroll now has it simulcasted at Saturdays 7:30 P.M EDT

Anyway, here are my belated thoughts on the episode: Shonan High severely underestimated Enoshima High, and Iwaki's strategy of using the 2-5-3 in the first half was brilliant. It trapped the good players, and let the Enoshima High players spread out the goals.

Good to see Kakeru got into the game, and he got to score a goal in front of his former teammates from Kamagawa High.

Kakeru still has issues doing feints and losing the ball in one-on-one, but Seven lending him her mask shows that she was playing against him with a limited field of vision, and shows that he is aware of his own romantic potential with Seven. The image of an indirect kiss was pretty good. The music cue as Kakeru did a fantastic feint that "made the ball disappear" was a bit jarring as it felt like Seven just found out who the killer is or something.

Next episode shows that Seven is starting to see more of Kakeru's potential. I think she knew some of it already. Be interesting to see Kakeru face the source of his past trauma with the left leg.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 13:02   Link #247
ookamigirl

So the high school soccer competitions finally began.
Keiso had some talented players, but...
Araki was awesome as usual but his stomach is making it harder to endure!
Enoshima totally dominated that game!
Really nice episode ^^

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-04-06, 22:08   Link #248
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nana service done by herself! How is Hibino still playing if his ligament is still torn? Wouldn't it hurt like hell? So Kakeru was subbed out because he still can' figure out the feint. So Iwaki will have to play his former teammate. Nana seems to have a rival on Nadeshiko now.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:17   Link #249
ookamigirl

Kakeru's dribbling troubles...
Well... Enoshima is doing pretty good so far.
I don't doubt they'll get pretty far, probably to the finals...

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-04-07, 12:22   Link #250
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Nana service done by herself! How is Hibino still playing if his ligament is still torn? Wouldn't it hurt like hell? So Kakeru was subbed out because he still can' figure out the feint. So Iwaki will have to play his former teammate. Nana seems to have a rival on Nadeshiko now.
It wont hurt as long as the knee stays stable. But since it's football I don't know how he keeps it in proper condition. Could be a huge amount of muscles but even then it's not so dependable so his leg muscles are VERY strong that's for sure. he probably spends days training though i have no idea why he never had a surgery till now. Could be the money issue.
Old 2012-04-07, 18:01   Link #251
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
i have no idea why he never had a surgery till now.
He said he had various surgeries done, but all of them where unsuccessful and his ligament remains torn. I suppose his knee is just screwed up beyond repair...
Old 2012-04-10, 14:14   Link #252
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Since Anime Boston took up a lot of my weekend time, I am now catching up with what I missed from this weekend. Looks like the Episode 13 delay was just for that week, and Episode 14 was on time so that was good.

It was nice of Hibino to pay respect to Suguru, but it looks like he is still angry over the accident that injured his knee. With that cannon free kick and his team's four rows defense, Enoshima is going to have a very tough time with that team.

Looks like Tsujima(I'll have to check on the spelling of that) is going to be a tough opponent with their wild attack pattern. Interesting to see how Iwaki and Doc Mine are like an older version of Kakeru and Seven. It puts some of the doctor's actions in a different light now. I wonder if Iwaki was a striker like Kakeru or a conductor like Araki.

Episode 15 looks like Kakeru might just put off his "mythical feint" in a game if I read the foreshadowing in the preview right.
Old 2012-04-14, 13:41   Link #253
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

That was one hell of a throw. Tsujidou playing really tough and not even committing a foul. Hino has to cool down though, he screwed up. Looks like Kakeru flipped the switch. Guess a good knock to the head is enough to wake him up.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:47   Link #254
ookamigirl

Enoshima vs Tsujidou.
This was a pretty intense game.
Tsujidou sure played a tricky game with lots of borderline foul plays.
It looked pretty bad for Enoshima with one player short.
Kakeru's amazing transformation after that headbutt was awesome!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-04-16, 13:40   Link #255
kitten320

Suguru mode switch ON!
Old 2012-04-19, 23:55   Link #256
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Watched Episode 15 today. Tsujidou is certainly an interesting and tough opponent for Enoshima. I guess Enoshima won't make the mistake of forgetting that offsides rules don't apply to throw-ins.

Really liked the flashback which showed that Suguru loved to met challenges like coming back from two goals behind, and liked that Seven put her hand on Kakeru's even if the intention wasn't romantic.

Looks like Kakeru is gonna open up a can of striker whoopass on Tsujidou, and Enoshima starts their comeback against this tough opponent.

I guess from Episode 16, Kakeru finally gets a chance of doing his mythical feint. Liked Seven saying" you finally did it, Kakeru" in the episode preview.
Old 2012-04-20, 17:45   Link #257
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So that really was a Suguru play. Nice job by Kakeru of remembering Suguru's words to win in the end. He pulled off the feint! The doctor also noticed Kakeru's change in that one play.
Old 2012-04-20, 21:49   Link #258
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
What actually did Kakeru do? They only show that the ball between his legs then jumped, the ball is then invisible. Did he just kick the ball over his head or something? Didn't Araki do something similar in the previous episodes? they didn't really explain his faint or anything.
Old 2012-04-20, 22:29   Link #259
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
What actually did Kakeru do? They only show that the ball between his legs then jumped, the ball is then invisible. Did he just kick the ball over his head or something? Didn't Araki do something similar in the previous episodes? they didn't really explain his faint or anything.
He didn't kick the ball over his head. In fact, it's something even more simple. The anime should explain it soon enough but if you can't wait just PM me and I'll tell you how it works.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:35   Link #260
ookamigirl

Kakeru's dribbling was amazing!
Araki realized he needs to get back in shape.
It was a really intense and hard game.
Great game and episode!

My Blog --> ookami

Tags
shounen, sports