AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-15, 21:35   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Speculation & Theories for anime viewers

This thread is aimed at Naruto-fans who are watching the anime. The purpose of this thread is to allow speculation and theories an anime viewer may come up with after watching an episode of Naruto. Hopefully this thread will help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads. If you are a manga reader, then please direct your spoilers and speculation in the thread [Manga] Spoilers & Speculation for experienced Naruto Anime-fans!. A manga reader can still post in this thread as long as the speculations are purely synonymous to the anime, and are never mentioned in the manga. For example, "how does a ninja become Jounin?" or "Did Gaara become a Kage from a Genin?" and etc.

Only one rule to post in this thread, and that is:
  • Absolutely no manga spoilers in this thread. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

You may use spoiler tags if you are a sensible poster who wants to give other viewers a choice to read your theories and speculation. In the following is an example of how to create clearly marked spoiler tags.

[spoiler=your title] Your brilliant or crazy theory [/spoiler] becomes

Spoiler for monir's theory:

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just to discuss about the current or previous episodes.

Have fun and post intelligently!

The above idea is stolen from Ojisan! Feel free to shower him with cookies.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-18 at 18:56.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 14:26   Link #2
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I will repeat since some people didn't get the signification of the first post : This thread is aimed at Naruto-fans who are watching the anime.

If I catch manga readers posting in this thread hints toward any future event, I will spoon them alive and they will kiss this forum goodbye for a while. Also note, manga readers are still allowed to speculate about things from the anime, as long as Kishimoto never provided an answer to a particular subject, i.e.
"How does a ninja become Jounin?" or "Did Gaara become a Kage from a Genin?" or "When did exactly Gaara become a Kage?" and etc.
Remember, this speculation must correspond to an anime episodes. I am watching you!

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-18 at 19:00. Reason: Changements in the thread rules
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 16:07   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

My first theory: How Gaara became Genin to a Kage?

This is something that wasn't made clear, or at least, for me it wasn't. We know for certain that Gaara's father was killed by the delectable Oro-sama. When Gaara returned to his village, he probably inheirted the position of the Kazekage. Just because Konoha has a selection process for the Kage position, there is no reason to think every other village also follow the same process for selection. It should also be noted, Gaara is no ordinary genin. So, in my humble opinion, he had to take on the burden of Kage since the people around him felt there are no better candidate than Gaara himself. Hence, he is most likely one of those rarest of Genin who became a Kage without having to follow the norm. Surely, he isn't the first ever Genin to become a Kage in the Narutoverse!?

More to come. Stay tuned.

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-17 at 16:17.
Old 2007-02-18, 01:23   Link #4
Mordin145

This surprise me, I thought the village leaders of the sand fear or hate Gara, they just want him as their insurance weapon against outside threat. I sure don't think his growth from his encounter with Naruto would change their minds. Eventhough he is previous Kage's son, they will only see him as a weapon. There must be some political turn over in the village for Gara to gain his title. Other than that, his power is overqualify.
Mordin145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 02:29   Link #5
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

This is something that wasn't made clear, or at least, for me it wasn't. We know for certain that Gaara's father was killed by the delectable Oro-sama. When Gaara returned to his village, he probably inheirted the position of the Kazekage. Just because Konoha has a selection process for the Kage position, there is no reason to think every other village also follow the same process for selection. It should also be noted, Gaara is no ordinary genin. So, in my humble opinion, he had to take on the burden of Kage since the people around him felt there are no better candidate than Gaara himself. Hence, he is most likely one of those rarest of Genin who became a Kage without having to follow the norm. Surely, he isn't the first ever Genin to become a Kage in the Narutoverse!?

I remember from the first few episodes of the naruto it was said that the strongest person of the vilage is the Kage of that village. Also We saw how much stronger Garaa got in a very little time between the invasion of konoha and sasku-rescue mission. And now Imagine about 2 years and half has passed. He is probably is the strongest ninga in sand village and thats why he became kazekage.

Garaa is just too strong. He has a demon inside of him like naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordin145 View Post
This surprise me, I thought the village leaders of the sand fear or hate Gara, they just want him as their insurance weapon against outside threat. I sure don't think his growth from his encounter with Naruto would change their minds. Eventhough he is previous Kage's son, they will only see him as a weapon. There must be some political turn over in the village for Gara to gain his title. Other than that, his power is overqualify.
They did fear Garaa. But after Garaa fought naruto he changed. He realized that he could rely on the people who actually cared for him. He realized how similar he was to naruto and at the same time how diffrent ( Naruto tried to have more friends while he ran away and only lived for himself).

If you remember after the battle , the beatened up Garaa said he was sorry to his brother and sister. Also There is another time when he saved Lee and if you watch that episode and Lee and Garaa's conversation, you will realize how much Garaa's personality has changed because of naruto.

Also in the new naruto series, You can notice how much more calm Garaa is.
Old 2007-02-18, 04:09   Link #6
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Abeit in the sand village, it's survival of the fittest still and the strongest nin becomes Kage. Gaara who probably has mastered the demon inside him in these 2.5 yrs has risen to be the strongest in the Sand... simply either becuz Gaara is UBER SEXY.. or just becuz the Sand ninjas really are sucky low on good ninjas. Considering Temari is a Jounin of the Sand... and Neji is Jounin of Konoha. Realistically how do Neji and Temari compare? it's like water and sky.. not to say Gaara isn't good. Just that his village is lacking.

It seems that out of all the ninjas after the time jump. Judging from Gaara's expressions (however empty they may be) he is very very calm and resolved. It seems like he finally knows his purpose and what he is meant for. Kishimoto making him Kage is proof of this.. that Gaara has finally finished his evolution to what the protagonist of the story, Naruto, always wanted to be.
Old 2007-02-18, 07:07   Link #7
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Good thread. I only watch the Anime, so its good that we can have this discussion.

Things that I am wondering about;

1)
<- Who is this guy? He did not look like regular Anbu, but at the same time, his looks was not as diverse or special as many of the other "main naruto characters". Somehow I am drawn to him, and it bugs me... He simply has to be of some more significance.
Maybe this sequence, with Sasuke, was part of something that will happen much later?

2)How could Sasuke have been so powerful? Sure, Sasuke has been learning forbidden Jitsu under Orochi, but Naruto has learned under Ero-Sennin, and of all the Sannin, ain't Jaiery the most powerful? Seriously... Konoha, wanted him as their first choice as the 5th! They only took Tsunade because there was no one else to lead them right.

Maybe it ain't that simple, but I don't understand why Naruto was so weak.

How did Sasuke possible become so strong, that he could see the Kyuubi inside of Naruto?
And did Sasuke kill the Kyuubi? If the Kyuubi dies inside Naruto what does that mean? Does Naruto die aswell?

Why was Kyuubi out of his cage? And why was it made of boobles? and what would happen if Naruto released the Kyuubis seal?
Do you think that its possible that Naruto will loose the Kyuubi at one point? Will he eventually have to be drawn by his own power? How good would Naruto be able to become with out the Kyuubi inside of him?

3)Why did Sasuke had a sword? Since he became so powerful, why would he degrade himself.. to the level of an Anbu or something and to use a weapon?

4)Neji, a Junin??? Jesus... And Naruto is still a Genin.

5)How can people not be dissapointed by how weak Naruto still is? He is supposed to have one of the most powerful entities inside of him. The ultimate source of power, and then an Uchiha, totally wrecks him apart!?

6)Inside the Kyuubi, the Kyuubi says that something about, Sasuke having more hatred and sinister evil in him, than the Kyuubi itself. Does that mean that, Sasuke is stronger now than the 9 Tailed Fox. So since the 4th couldnt even beat the Fox and had to seal it away, does that mean that Sasuke could kill the 4th, and possible the other Hokages?

7)AS a matter of fact... Is Sasuke the strongest Shinobi in the entire world? Can he beat Itachi?

8)inside the Kyuubi, the Kyuubi talks about someone called Manda Uchiha, or something. Is that another name for Itachi? I thought there where only two Uchihas left in the world. Or is there some legendary Uchiha that died a long time ago?
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 08:45   Link #8
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
1)
<- Who is this guy? He did not look like regular Anbu, but at the same time, his looks was not as diverse or special as many of the other "main naruto characters". Somehow I am drawn to him, and it bugs me... He simply has to be of some more significance.
Maybe this sequence, with Sasuke, was part of something that will happen much later?
I'm guessing he's the replacement for Sasuke in team 7. Then again, Kakashi wasn't there with Naruto and Sakura...

Quote:
2)How could Sasuke have been so powerful? Sure, Sasuke has been learning forbidden Jitsu under Orochi, but Naruto has learned under Ero-Sennin, and of all the Sannin, ain't Jaiery the most powerful? Seriously... Konoha, wanted him as their first choice as the 5th! They only took Tsunade because there was no one else to lead them right.

Maybe it ain't that simple, but I don't understand why Naruto was so weak.
Fact 1: Sasuke is known to be the most popular character in Naruto.

Fact 2: The manga author admitted Sasuke is his favourite character in Naruto. Do you think he'd make his favourite look weak during his reintroduction?

Fact 3: Orochimaru said Sasuke has even more potential than his brother. The fact that Itachi decided to let Sasuke live to avenge his clan backs up this claim.

Fact 4: Sasuke has always been shown to be stronger than Naruto when he's not in Kyuubi mode. The only difference this time is that Sasuke has somehow managed to learn a technique that allows him to use get inside the mind of his opponent, which I'm guessing is linked to the sharingan.

Quote:
How did Sasuke possible become so strong, that he could see the Kyuubi inside of Naruto?
And did Sasuke kill the Kyuubi? If the Kyuubi dies inside Naruto what does that mean? Does Naruto die aswell?
Being able to see inside of Naruto's mind could simply be down to some sort of sharingan technique Sasuke managed to learn. It doesn't seem to be a skill only Sasuke can use, Kyuubi didn't seem too surprised by the fact an Uchiha could see him inside the the mind of someone else.

Quote:
Why was Kyuubi out of his cage? and what would happen if Naruto released the Kyuubis seal?
Naruto and Kyuubi share the same body, it's not like the cage exists outsside the mind of Naruto. I don't think the fact we see Kyuubi outside his prison means anything, not apart from Kyuubi seeing the chance to negotiate the terms for his freedom face to face anyway.

And I'd imagine Kyuubi would be released from Naruto if Naruto removed the seal . I was quite alarmed when Naruto seemed to be reaching for the seal, he had to be really desperate to even think of releasing Kyuubi!

Quote:
3)Why did Sasuke had a sword?
Sasuke + Sword = Awesome -- I'm sure this is the incredibly deep thinking behind the decision to give Sasuke a sword.

Quote:
Since he became so powerful, why would he degrade himself.. to the level of an Anbu or something and to use a weapon?
How is it degrading for a ninja to use a weapon? I can tell you no real ninja would engage in hand-to-hand combat unless forced.

Quote:
5)How can people not be dissapointed by how weak Naruto still is? He is supposed to have one of the most powerful entities inside of him. The ultimate source of power, and then an Uchiha, totally wrecks him apart!?
Wouldn't the show be kinda boring if Naruto used the most powerful creature in existence to defeat everyone?

I'm sure Naruto could kill anyone if he used the full power of Kyuubi. The problem? His body wouldn't be able to handle it -- You saw what happened to his arm when he used only one of Kyuubi's nine tails against Sasuke.

Quote:
6)Inside the Kyuubi, the Kyuubi says that something about, Sasuke having more hatred and sinister evil in him, than the Kyuubi itself. Does that mean that, Sasuke is stronger now than the 9 Tailed Fox. So since the 4th couldnt even beat the Fox and had to seal it away, does that mean that Sasuke could kill the 4th, and possible the other Hokages?
Kyuubi just has a little too much respect for this Uchiha Madara person.

My theory: Kyuubi is talking about how the Uchiha clan are forced to kill their best friend to get the mangekyou sharingan. You definitely have to be part of a cursed clan when you need to kill one of the people closest to you to reach the highest level, not to mention pretty evil to even consider doing it.

Quote:
7)AS a matter of fact... Is Sasuke the strongest Shinobi in the entire world? Can he beat Itachi?
Possibly, there's not much I can say about that until the events surrounding his reintroduction are shown. It seems like Naruto and Sasuke are running around Orochimaru's lair during the 9 minute teaser... Don't you think he would've killed Orochimaru by now if he has become the strongest ninja in Naruto?

Quote:
8)inside the Kyuubi, the Kyuubi talks about someone called Manda Uchiha, or something. Is that another name for Itachi? I thought there where only two Uchihas left in the world. Or is there some legendary Uchiha that died a long time ago?
Itachi has said only two people have ever managed to unlock the mangekyou sharingan -- I'm going to guess Uchiha Madara was the very first to unlock it.

On another note, who do you think would've been able to persuade Itachi to join Atasuki? I'm guessing one of the Uchiha clan even stronger than himself would've had a good chance of persuading him.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 13:53   Link #9
chord
Banned

I have a new theory of how the fourrh Hokage sealed the nine tailed fox.

I think on that day, when the fox was tearing up the town
the 4th hokage might have done a reaper seal/reversal jutsu.
The fox was imprisoned in a cage, and the 4th Hokage didn't want to die
so he had a shadow clone, throw the lightning speed kunie at him making it a double sacrifice. And the reaper can only take two not three. So he made a pact with the reaper saying "hey look if you spare me this one time I will give you a gift." The reaper wanted the kunie that was thrown at the Hokage to make sure he never tried it again. He then took and instead of saying seal, he said "reversal Jutsu seal." And in that moment the reaper, burned the real hokage, giving the rest of his chakra to the clone and took the clone and raped its flesh around the fox cage. Producing a baby.
That is how Naruto was created. Because Mizuki even said, that Naruto was a form of the fox. But what if he wasnt a form, what if he was the fox and the 4th Hokage put together. And if that's the case then I just cracked the seal.
chord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 18:00   Link #10
MDale
Me

"3)Why did Sasuke had a sword? Since he became so powerful, why would he degrade himself.. to the level of an Anbu or something and to use a weapon?"

I just wanted to touch upon this one. During the Invasion of Konoha we saw that Orochimaru uses a sword (albeit a special sword), so I would assume that it's more than likely that Sasuke was taught techniques relating to the use of Swords by Orochimaru, hence his use of a Sword.

As for degrading himself: He's willingly used Kunai and Shurikens previously so I'm sure the use of a Sword (or a weapon) isn't looked upon as degrading in his mind or the minds of other ninjas for that matter.
MDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 04:19   Link #11
xcad

erm... anbus dont degrade themselves either..
xcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 05:10   Link #12
amOKchen
duel me

Very interesting theory chord :>
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 20:23   Link #13
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by chord View Post
I have a new theory of how the fourrh Hokage sealed the nine tailed fox.

I think on that day, when the fox was tearing up the town
the 4th hokage might have done a reaper seal/reversal jutsu.
The fox was imprisoned in a cage, and the 4th Hokage didn't want to die
so he had a shadow clone, throw the lightning speed kunie at him making it a double sacrifice. And the reaper can only take two not three. So he made a pact with the reaper saying "hey look if you spare me this one time I will give you a gift." The reaper wanted the kunie that was thrown at the Hokage to make sure he never tried it again. He then took and instead of saying seal, he said "reversal Jutsu seal." And in that moment the reaper, burned the real hokage, giving the rest of his chakra to the clone and took the clone and raped its flesh around the fox cage. Producing a baby.
That is how Naruto was created. Because Mizuki even said, that Naruto was a form of the fox. But what if he wasnt a form, what if he was the fox and the 4th Hokage put together. And if that's the case then I just cracked the seal.
If this was acutally the case i would find it pretty funny...i mean all this time he was a no good shadow clone baby creature thing
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 23:54   Link #14
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

He didn't necessarily go straight from Genin to Kazekage - Temari and Kankuro are jounin already, so it's certainly plausible that Gaara became a jounin even before they did and reached Kazekage shortly afterwards. For all we know he made Jounin as soon as he got back from the Chase Sasuke arc. He was certainly strong enough at the time, and the Sand needed ninjas badly.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 03:09   Link #15
chaz017
Senior Member...ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
He didn't necessarily go straight from Genin to Kazekage - Temari and Kankuro are jounin already, so it's certainly plausible that Gaara became a jounin even before they did and reached Kazekage shortly afterwards. For all we know he made Jounin as soon as he got back from the Chase Sasuke arc. He was certainly strong enough at the time, and the Sand needed ninjas badly.
Quite possible in fact. Ya know, has it ever been dicussed how exactly one goes about becoming a jounin? I can't seem to recall anything so it's possible he made jounin soon after he got back and then Kazekage afterwards with the recommendations and the extreme lack of sand ninja available. He was most likely the only option. But I suppose if they were stuck with one choice for kazekage he was certainly a good one huh?
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 14:29   Link #16
Dains11

I think Gaara is a weak Kage, he wouldn't come close to defeating Tsunade. I wish we could see some of the other countries Kage's so we could compare, but Gaara just seems like the last resort.
Dains11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 01:25   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

My prediction in regards to Sasori's ability:

After watching the preview in episode 5 where it shows Kankuro is going to have a go at Sasori, I'm predicting Sasori is to be a puppet master. Why a puppet master? Well, the way he walks, bending forward, it seems he is carrying a great load under his shroud that is around his body. There is also the print left by him on the sand in the first couple of episode of Shippuuden.