AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-06-23, 10:25   Link #1
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

^_^ Toxic no ARTWORK desu~ ^_^

Well..well..I have been here in Animesuki for quite sometime and i thought it is hightime i share my stuff. As for about me and my artwork, i love to draw anime characters, espescially females. Below are my works and i
will present it in 4 sub-divisions. It will start with my ongoing work though..which
shows the drawing i m working on at the moment

1) Drawings when i started out (Pretty Old)
2) The Nude Art phase i went through(Moderators are free to delete it)
3) Drawings where i started shading but didnt have a good scanner :'( (The next stage)
4) Drawings from around 2 years after i started
a) Fanarts
b) My own Manga (few pages)
c) A mini-manga
5) Drawings from around 3 years after i started and uptil today

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LATEST ARTWORK

Banner for he January Artist of the Months. Theme ~Badass Girls~

This one is drawn by looking at the cover page of the manga "Freezing"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5) Drawings from around 3 years after i started and uptil today
a) Artworks
i) Kobato Fanarts ^^... Went crazy and drew all these 5 in one day. Just love the character

ii) Submission for the December Artist Of the Month. Theme ~Winter memories~

iii) December banner made for the Artist of The month by yours truly and colored by my frnd Valduran

iv) Submissions for a contest in Japan. Didnt manage to make the deadline, but a gr8 experence

v) Was meant for submission for the Artist of the Month, but completely forgot to submit -_-

vi) Wanted to draw a really detailed pic. Dedicated to my groupmate Linsetsu ^^

vii) Gundam00 fanart. No I dont watch it >.>

viii) Submission for the August Artist of the Month. theme ~End of Summer Romance~

ix)Submission for the Osaka University Competition where we made to the Finals

x) Random Stuff - Strawberry-chan and my Office HR Guys

xi) Entry for the June Artwork Contest (Theme: Summer)

xii) Entry for a competition (Theme: Princess)

xiii) A Gift to my Sister-In-Law ^_^

xiv) Claymore Doujin I m working on..High time i restarted

b) Murals (Yeah, I left a gift to My College )
i) The first one i did was a nude one, so i aint postin it here, here is the 2 nd one whose photo came out horribly)

ii) The third one was when i started using ink, and it started with Asuka Langley

iii) And now comes the simplest but one of the best.. Ayanami Rei ^_^

iv) And this is my personal fav... Sakura-Hime like never before

v) ARIA Awesomeness

4) Drawings from about 2 years after i started
a) Fanarts

i)The Nana's from NANA

ii) Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

iii)Lelouch as Spiderman (Code geass)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
iv) Claymore Fanarts

A Quickie One(Simple n Quick)

Maria-Sama Cosplay

The Kick Ass Band

Miss Claymore

Obligatory Onsen Pic

Teresa in ARIA Cosplay

Animesuki Mascot Kairin as Claymore (Kakkoi )

Clare X Jean(A Yuri pic that had to be made)

Miata X Clarice..well..because somethings are meant to be drawn

Cynthia and Veronica, the energetic junior with her cool sempai

Clare in Kill Bill and Sin City Style(Request By Simply Ed)

Ophelia and Irene cosplaying AIR GEAR

Irene-sama in a Custome made Pose (Lineart)

Clare vs Gattsu(Berserk)

Yoma May Cry ^_^

Clay-Moe-Tan

Miria The Biker

More Clay-Moe-Tan

Galatea in Lingerie

Galatea, semi-nude ^_^
Spoiler for NSFW:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

b) OUR MANGA
Well..our group is known as MASK consisting of me, my friend Ronin and
the sole female member Linsetsu who writes for us. These are a few pages from
the three mangas we are trying to make namely "DELTA", "A LAST KISS", "ANGELS DESTINY"

i)Few pages from THE DELTA and some characters

ii)Characters of "A Last Kiss"
Pic 1: Kaede Waktsuki
Pic 2: Shinohara Tatsuya
Pic 3: A scene

Pg 1 and 2 (Linearts)

iii)Characters of "Angel Destiny"
Pic 1: Akira and Sonoe
Pic 2: Shion and Sayuri

c) Our Mini-Manga
This is a small comic manga by our group based on us three members.
We just started..hope u enjoy it. We call it "The DCE Chronicles"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Drawings about one year after i started( Not on a good scanner :'(, but definitely lot of improvement)

i) Random "Onna-neko"

ii) Major from GITS

iii)Yukino from Kareshi Kanoujo no Jijou

iv) Yukino and Arima from Kareshi Kanoujo no Jijou

v) Chikane and Himeko from Kannazuki no Miko

vi) Primula from SHUFFLE!!

vii) Cast of ARIA The Animation/Natural/Arietta

2) The Nude Art Phase

These are drawings by Luis Royo. Pretty Controversial Art and Adult content
Spoiler for Warnig-Adult Content:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Drawings when i started out

i) Belldandy and Holy Belle from Ah! My Goddess

ii) Misuzu from AIR TV

iii) Lucy from Elfen Lied

iv) Caste Of Onegai Twins

v) Mizuho-sensei from Onegai Teacher

vi) Mitsuki and Haruka from Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

vii) Ayanami Rei and Asuka Langley from Evangelion

viii) Chii from Chobits

ix)Sara and Setsuna from Angelic Sanctuary

Well thats that from me...I will be looking forward to all your feedback. The pencils i use are HB and 2B by the way ^_^

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2009-01-06 at 14:20.
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 11:07   Link #2
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Argh... Large pictures... To thumbnail photoshop files, add a th_ in front of your file name.

Like... this:

Heyy, but I love the pictures! You're very good! ^^.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 11:28   Link #3
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

thanks for the info...they were a life saver ^_^...Thumbnails done..and am very happy that u liked the pics
Old 2007-06-23, 12:47   Link #4
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

You have a very keen eye for shading and detail. Very nice!
Old 2007-06-23, 21:16   Link #5
Usuratonkachi
An Idiot

lol! I love the onsen pic...very you-like to think up that one.

To anyone who is remotely interested, I'm LinSetsu (the sole female member, as toxic puts it), and I am NOT that scary or vicious...

oh and btw toxic...*points discretely to Saigo no Kiss section* Shinohara...not Hoshiyama...Shinohara....

Yoroshiku!
Usuratonkachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 21:22   Link #6
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Shinohara it is ....

and thank u ankoku-san. I m trying to do as much art without PS..so my skills still need improvement.
Old 2007-06-24, 07:34   Link #7
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmmm..feedback definitely is a rare thing here..but i think every good artist here had to work for recognition..so i ll try my best to deliver regular fanarts

Here is the latest from Claymore where the character Teresa is set in the world of ARIA

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2007-06-25 at 00:59.
Old 2007-06-24, 07:43   Link #8
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
some damn fine work u got there.... love the shading and you really have knack for the manga type work.... can't really give u much of a critique cuz i really don't see any flaws... (then again, i am noob when it comes to this kidna art...)

keep up the good work... u really got some talent there...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 23:03   Link #9
ZeRoGravity

Ugh, when I was about to post earlier the forum went down for a bit.

Your drawings are good when you have reference like the Spider Man&Lelouch, Claymore&Aria crossover and the "kick ass band" - while I can easily tell which characters are original and which ones had reference to.

Your original art piece have anatomy problems.

It looks like you don't have enough understanding about plains/perspective that effects the human body.

The poses on your characters has no "flow"; they're all drawn very stiff. I suggest doing figure drawings like gesture, bulking etc. and buy instructional art books. No how to draw manga stuff.

I like some of the shading you've done on some like the AriaxClaymore piece. It seems you're keen to doing textures or at least try to so thats good. One tip about doing these kinds of things - sometimes its better to suggest what it is there rather then trying to draw it out completely.

Yea thats all I can think of since you wanted feedback and you do have potential especially in the detailing (shading and texturing) department. You should try doing cross-hatching rather than smudging.
Old 2007-06-25, 00:09   Link #10
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjester View Post
keep up the good work... u really got some talent there...
Thanks a lot..means quite a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post

Your drawings are good when you have reference like the Spider Man&Lelouch, Claymore&Aria crossover and the "kick ass band" - while I can easily tell which characters are original and which ones had reference to.

Your original art piece have anatomy problems.

It looks like you don't have enough understanding about plains/perspective that effects the human body.

The poses on your characters has no "flow"; they're all drawn very stiff. I suggest doing figure drawings like gesture, bulking etc. and buy instructional art books. No how to draw manga stuff.

I like some of the shading you've done on some like the AriaxClaymore piece. It seems you're keen to doing textures or at least try to so thats good. One tip about doing these kinds of things - sometimes its better to suggest what it is there rather then trying to draw it out completely.

Yea thats all I can think of since you wanted feedback and you do have potential especially in the detailing (shading and texturing) department. You should try doing cross-hatching rather than smudging.
Well..ur message was so full of feedback that i had to include the whole thing in quotes. Your feedback is a real good analysis of my work. I have just recently started to try drawing original stuff and cross-overs. So i m still trying to enhance my skills. I m also trying to get away from just detailed shading. You can notice the pic in "A Last Kiss(the kiss scene)" where i opted for a BG depicting the mood.

Neway, thanks for taking time for the feedback. Since i m a 3rd year in an Engineering college, i am a bit hard-pressed on time, but i ll definitely try to improve in the departments u spoke off. It would be great if u could continue with the feedback

PS: The pics reffered to for the Band were credited in the right bottom corner
Old 2007-06-25, 00:16   Link #11
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

VERY NICE!

time to photoshop in colors with vector tracing!

Yukino is my favorite.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 01:18   Link #12
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Since i m a 3rd year in an Engineering college, i am a bit hard-pressed on time
Since you're doing art as a hobby/past-time its good. If you have free time I suggest taking classes (if really want to get good) and/or browse book stores for anatomy/instructional art books.
Old 2007-06-25, 01:33   Link #13
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..could u suggest some if u know, I do have 3 scanned books of "How to draw Manga" and like a million pics and wallpapers. I ll be starting to draw Manga again somewhere early July, and the thing i use for reference are the books i mentioned or i make my friends pose for me.

Unfortunately since i m giving management exam next year, joining classes will not be possible, but i wouldnt mind going through good tutorials
Old 2007-06-25, 01:38   Link #14
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Wow it must be hard to find time to do your hobby while in an engineering college, yet you still can do such a great job on the drawings. Good Job!!!! I am in high school and I still cannot find time to do my hobby that much. Anyways great work!!! Keep them coming.

*throws cookie at you
Old 2007-06-25, 12:30   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Hmmm..feedback definitely is a rare thing here..but i think every good artist here had to work for recognition..so i ll try my best to deliver regular fanarts
Well, your thread is still pretty young. Just keep going at it and people will post eventually. (or so I think )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity View Post
Same here, Toxic's thread must be cursed.

Anyway.....

I remember this one from way before Claymore had it's own forum. There was pretty much no images at all during that time, so it was quite refreshing to see someone taking the time to post some fanart there.

Oh yes, your thread would rock lots more if you use clickable thumbnails for all your images. It's kinda hard to see for people with slow connections like mine. >_< !
Old 2007-06-25, 13:36   Link #16
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Wow it must be hard to find time to do your hobby while in an engineering college, yet you still can do such a great job on the drawings. Good Job!!!! I am in high school and I still cannot find time to do my hobby that much. Anyways great work!!! Keep them coming.

*throws cookie at you
Thank u Ice. Well, it is tough but i think each one of us over here is giving an extra bit to share their talent and work with everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I remember this one from way before Claymore had it's own forum. There was pretty much no images at all during that time, so it was quite refreshing to see someone taking the time to post some fanart there.

Oh yes, your thread would rock lots more if you use clickable thumbnails for all your images. It's kinda hard to see for people with slow connections like mine. >_< !
Yeah, the first fanart was totally out of love for Claymore so it is definitely special. Glad u remember it. As for the thumbnails, i have done it as per your request

I intend to keep only the LATEST WORK in full size

And last but not the least, here is a new update...Guess who is the new Claymore in Town
OUR VERY OWN ANIMESUKI MASCOT KAIRIN-SAN

ENJOY

PS: I forgot to mention reference...I used Irene's hair and Raphaela's armor. Nice observation pomps

Last edited by toxic_trance; 2007-06-25 at 14:20.
Old 2007-06-25, 14:07   Link #17
pomps
グ~…

Wohooo, new Clamore fanart!! Good job toxic_trance, the armor looks great. It resembles Rafaela's armor in someway, and in the whole, she has the glamorous looks of Galatea!! Bravo!! Too bad I've no idea who's Kairin, swt ^_^.
pomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 14:36   Link #18
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Kairin is the Animesuki Mascot, and a very cute one at that. You can check her out in the sticky threads in this section. Neway, hopefully i will be making Yuri fanarts as i had planned
Old 2007-06-25, 21:21   Link #19
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Hmm..could u suggest some if u know, I do have 3 scanned books of "How to draw Manga" and like a million pics and wallpapers. I ll be starting to draw Manga again somewhere early July, and the thing i use for reference are the books i mentioned or i make my friends pose for me.

Unfortunately since i m giving management exam next year, joining classes will not be possible, but i wouldnt mind going through good tutorials
Let me correct myself - taking classes improves your drawing ability a lot quicker than self teaching yourself through books and online tutorials. Only the intro and vol 1 of the how to draw manga books series are worth getting while the others aren't very useful. Well if you do want to create manga that I guess theres no harm in trying it out the others. As long as you stay away the ones done by Christopher Hart.

Anyways I don't know the ones I have are any good or not. Though there is one that I have is good for beginner and intermediate artist called Drawing On The Right Side of The Brain Lots of reading but some of the things mention in there are very helpful.

Force, Dynamic Life Drawing For Animators by Michael D. Mattesi. The book is recommended for intermediate to advance level artist. Although it doesn't really matter. It teaches you about creating forceful shapes, flow and rhythm etc. to your drawings.

While the other ones I have teaches you how to use charcoal, ink etc. I also recommend getting art books with compilation of artworks done by artists (who ever it may be) for reference. You must have at least one anatomy book so would have a better understanding of the human body - bones and muscles.

Its best when you have free time and go to the bookstore and browse through the art section. It would be better if the bookstore specializes in art books of course.
Old 2007-06-25, 22:44   Link #20
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Thank u so much for the info...really helps out a lot. I ll try searching for these books and see how much i can enhance my skills. And yeah, i think i also want to learn how to use ink, because everything i do is using only two pencils, and thus the BG sometimes looks grainy in the scan even if it is plain in the original.

Neway, thanks a lot for takin out ur time and recommending these things

Tags
artwork, fanart, manga, toxic