AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite School Days character
Kotonoha Katsura 185 41.02%
Sekai Saionji 180 39.91%
Setsuna Kiyoura 119 26.39%
Makoto Ito 52 11.53%
Otome Katō 38 8.43%
Kokoro Katsura 84 18.63%
Hikari Kuroda 22 4.88%
Other 12 2.66%
No one 34 7.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 451. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-20, 13:13   Link #81
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Boy oh boy (if anyone else ever looks at this thread ever again) am I gonna get flamed and/or laughed at for this.

I vote for the main triangle (Makoto, Sekai and Kotonoha) and Setsuna.

For the fact that I felt for all of them, and that these four kids when push comes to shove are still fundamentally decent, albeit flawed human beings.

Sekai: Is it so wrong to be diffident that you want to vicariously experience love by watching someone you love be happy? Not in and of itself. Sekai's tragedy is her own true feelings overwhelming what was once an act of compassion and kindness. And I for one finds any girl who actually loves her baby to be admirable, for such a person is rare in real life amongst "loose" teenagers, who consider the life they carry inconveniences at best.

Setsuna: "Birds of a feather flock together", so it is said. Clearly that is why she and Sekai were the best of friends: considerate of others to the detriment of herself. Of the principle cast, she is the closest thing to a selfless and stalwart friend in this cold sub-galaxy of the School Days Universe. Sure, she may have erred like everyone else, but still prioritizing her dear friend and siter regardless to the bitter end.

Kotonoha: The true victim of this series, whose love, though obsessive, is pure and true, murderous rage notwithstanding. Her monologue of love for Makoto in Episode 11, though admittedly creepy, made me wat to hug her and comfort her.

Makoto: Whoa boy... while I do not condone what he has fallen to, I feel for the boy that he once was. To have a society that cheapens sex from a bond of love to a mere social currency has turned a compassionate and shy young man into yet another desperate social climber. It is made quite explicit, except for those who deliberately close their eyes and ears, that he is capable of remorse even towards the final bloodbath. His last act, clasping Sekai's stomach, almost as if reaching out to his unborn child, shows however coldly that he is not totally heartless.

Okay, laugh away if you will.

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2008-05-21 at 22:05.
Old 2008-05-28, 13:29   Link #82
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

I hate them all, why they couldn't die in the same time and suffering a horrible agony? ¬¬
Old 2008-07-16, 00:18   Link #83
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Don't forget about Taisuke...
This guy didn't get enough credit. So he took advantage a little, but he really did want to treat her right, I still don't know why Makoto didn't just tell him that he wasn't with KK anymore.
Old 2008-07-16, 15:41   Link #84
IAmTheMurderer
There could be zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
This guy didn't get enough credit. So he took advantage a little, but he really did want to treat her right, I still don't know why Makoto didn't just tell him that he wasn't with KK anymore.
He did tell him just before he macked up on Katsura, remember?
Old 2008-07-16, 19:07   Link #85
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

I would say Kotonoha all she needed was some loving... shame the love she got was rape and wasn't from the one she loved.
Old 2008-07-17, 17:49   Link #86
Taler
http://typemoon.us

Still don't see how it was rape, she wasn't drugged nor did she resist. How was he supposed to know she didn't want it?
Old 2008-08-28, 02:30   Link #87
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

my fav char??? ah! thats like asking me what piece in the puzzle is most important.

all the main characters had their needed role that added a piece to the anime. so i guess my answer is everyone

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-11-07, 03:42   Link #88
Tiran86

Sekai. She was my favorite of the main three. Kotohona snapped early on and I mostly felt pity for her. I flat out hated Makoto. Setsuna was ok, but I liked Sekai more, and few of the side characters were very memorable to me.

Spoiler for Final episode:
Old 2008-11-09, 13:53   Link #89
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
Spoiler for Final episode:
Dude, if you think that was the whole point of the series, I'm sorry to say that you didn't really understand it at all. The point was telling a story about consequences and bad decisions. Not killing the "jerk".

Old 2008-11-10, 05:37   Link #90
Tiran86

Quote:
Dude, if you think that was the whole point of the series, I'm sorry to say that you didn't really understand it at all. The point was telling a story about consequences and bad decisions. Not killing the "jerk".
Don't cheat on girls with mental issues is quite a compelling and relevant life lesson.

And nah, that was just a bad way of phrasing it. Of course I realize its a story about consquences. Thats what I liked about it, the way it presents Makoto's terrible attitude towards Sekai and Kotohona, and his poor decisions setting him up to be hated, and then it pays him back in spades.

Thats actually why I watched the show in the first place. I was spoiled to the ending and I watched to see how and why it happened. I would've skipped this anime if I hadn't known the ending before hand, as unusual as that is for me.
Old 2008-11-14, 17:55   Link #91
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Don't cheat on girls with mental issues is quite a compelling and relevant life lesson.
Oh, yes, it is.

Quote:
Thats actually why I watched the show in the first place. I was spoiled to the ending and I watched to see how and why it happened. I would've skipped this anime if I hadn't known the ending before hand, as unusual as that is for me.
Strangely, that's the same thing that happened to me. I was never much interested in regular romantic comedies... but ever since watching this, I kinda got a little bug for it, I guess.

Old 2008-11-14, 23:16   Link #92
othera

Spoiler for Containts some stuff that happens throughout the series, and at the end:

Last edited by othera; 2008-11-15 at 11:28.
Old 2008-11-15, 03:07   Link #93
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

But Setsuna did sleep with Makoto...

Old 2008-11-15, 03:19   Link #94
othera

^ When?... i don't remember that? 0.o...

Either way she is still epic.
Old 2009-01-19, 20:09   Link #95
DummyInc

so far this anime main male char is my most hate char
Old 2009-01-30, 21:27   Link #96
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Kotonoha, Setsuna, Otome, and Hikari
Old 2009-03-07, 12:43   Link #97
RenaRyuuguu

I Liked Katsura the best, but Setsuna was awesome too. ;>
Old 2009-03-10, 17:36   Link #98
jigoku shoujo

Makoto Ito, because he is an example of how NOT behave
Old 2009-03-13, 01:02   Link #99
patnam

Makoto Ito is much like the worst main character from Shuffle, White Album...
Old 2009-03-21, 21:39   Link #100
Leode
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post

Makoto: Whoa boy... while I do not condone what he has fallen to, I feel for the boy that he once was. To have a society that cheapens sex from a bond of love to a mere social currency has turned a compassionate and shy young man into yet another desperate social climber. It is made quite explicit, except for those who deliberately close their eyes and ears, that he is capable of remorse even towards the final bloodbath. His last act, clasping Sekai's stomach, almost as if reaching out to his unborn child, shows however coldly that he is not totally heartless.
He's a regular guy. Like you said, I think no one condones what he became. He had his good qualities but once he got a taste of sex, it changed him and turned him into a monster. Sadly as you said, society often praises these monsters.

I detest how he blamed his problems on others and never took responsibility for his actions. It is perhaps these 2 issues he had that separated him being a jerk, from him being a casanova.
Closed Thread