AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-04, 07:01   Link #961
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
I think they'll do like the OP where the world turns red while Beato speaks
I hope they have that noise too. XD

Anyone else being tempted to give off hints in the episode 1 discussion? XDDD Especially with the Maria and Rosa stuff.
I won't say anything, of course, but I can't be the only one.
Old 2009-07-04, 07:12   Link #962
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Of course we all want to spoiler about the best mother ever xD
Old 2009-07-04, 07:17   Link #963
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Depends. Which interpretation do you subscribe to?

As for me I'm obviously going to lay off the spoilers but if any really needs to know something I'll just tell them to PM me.
Old 2009-07-04, 09:52   Link #964
milkypink
♥~☆~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerianne View Post
I'm a wuss. I wouldn't say I get scared easily, but playing the end of ep 3 at 1 am completely freaked me out.
Agreed! I watch gruesome murder mystery stuff from time to time and never get freaked out, but the combination of 1) not knowing who the villain is, 2) the addition of supernatural elements, and 3) Ryu's powerful descriptive style....
I found myself having trouble sleeping at night with the lights out...

The end of Ep 2 was definitely the high scary/gruesome point for me, though. Those seizure-enducing bloody teeth but Rosa's epic almost-escape with Maria made it a little better <333
Old 2009-07-04, 11:47   Link #965
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Episode 1 is hella scary, because the soundtrack makes a wonderful job at creating suspense. Try playing EP1 at night with the lights off and you'll definetely get atleast some goosebumps.
That's how I played it. =P
I dunno, I get frightened very easily. Maybe I've jumped from a random sound effect or something, but I never found the story itself to be that scary. I find the story to be more amazingly mysterious and disturbing than anything. I didn't think Umineko relied as much on the horror factor as Higurashi did.

Old 2009-07-04, 12:52   Link #966
Marion
The Great Dine

The only scary episode for me was Episode 2 to be honest. Episode 1 comes in close second.
Old 2009-07-04, 12:56   Link #967
Coruja

Honestly, I found it creepy, but not as creepy as, let's say, the Chaos;Head VN (now that one freaked me out).
But it's still creepy. I still think that Umineko is a lot more suspenseful and mysteryous than it's scary (you just really want to keep playing until you find out ever little detail of the story).

Also, for some reason, I though that Ep1 was the creepiest one.
Old 2009-07-04, 13:49   Link #968
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

It looks like the title of EP5 is confirmed it is called end of the golden with, Now that is an awsome title but it looks like next Episode is going to be a sad one if you can judge it by the title.

http://www.doujinshop.com/doujin/umineko05top.htm
Old 2009-07-04, 13:50   Link #969
Marion
The Great Dine

It's not technically confirmed by Ryukushi yet, but the more I think about it the more I believe this probably will be the title.
Old 2009-07-04, 13:52   Link #970
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Sad? Just because it's the end of the golden witch? Well.... I really like Beato she is one of my favorites (as long she's evil and creepy and a ibit insane. moeblub Beato isn't my taste) if she gets a nice ending and is going to rest in peace I'm fine. But I don't she will die anyway. Maybe her "true identity" is revealed and this is the end of the golden witch .
Old 2009-07-04, 14:11   Link #971
Teapot

Send a message via MSN to Teapot
Nih, what the hell are you babbling about? You've been like this for a few pages now and some of your posts have been delete because of the way you're acting, so either talk in full sentences or something
Old 2009-07-04, 14:18   Link #972
Alaya
Counter Force

After I rewatched episode 1 of the anime, I really feel pity for Maria every time I hear her cried "Uuu Uuuu". She must be trying really hard with her magic to be able to be happy with her mother. It just sad that her wish does not reach her mother.

PS. Don't feed the troll. We should not be bothered by something that doesn't exist.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-04, 14:24   Link #973
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Sad? Just because it's the end of the golden witch? Well.... I really like Beato she is one of my favorites (as long she's evil and creepy and a ibit insane. moeblub Beato isn't my taste) if she gets a nice ending and is going to rest in peace I'm fine. But I don't she will die anyway. Maybe her "true identity" is revealed and this is the end of the golden witch .
I hope that's not the case. The identity just given to us an episode after it was questioned is very meh :V

In any case, I think this is probably going to answer either EP 2 or 3. Just my opinion. But this isn't the place to discuss that so yeah.

As far as the next anime episode goes I think it might end up on the 1st twilight discovery. There are a lot of events that happen beforehand to fill up

-They still need to explain seating order
-Reading the letter
-George + Shannon in the arbor
-Kyrie's talk with Battler + Rudolf's 'I'm going to die' prediction
-Natsuhi seeing the gold bar and getting the bracelet
-Shannon seeing the golden butterflies
-Morning of the 1st twilight, before they find the bodies (the handprints on Natsuhi's door, etc..)
Old 2009-07-04, 14:27   Link #974
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well we asked after her true identity since Ep 2, didn't we?
I hope it's 2, since I like two a bit more than 3 (maybe because Shannon/Kanon had a lot of screen time) and because I have a bunch of good theories for that one.

And Nih..what the heck..I'm flattered you know....but....just because I'M blonde? No fair xDD (yes I'll just joke about it)

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-07-04 at 14:39.
Old 2009-07-06, 20:32   Link #975
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As TsundereCake has mentioned, please stick with the topic of the said thread. If you want to discuss about Episode 5, post in its respective topic. The same applies for theories and the like.

We created a sub-forum with specialized thread for a reason. So please check the topic BEFORE posting.
Old 2009-07-07, 09:11   Link #976
patnam

when is EPI-II showing?
tonight?
Old 2009-07-07, 09:13   Link #977
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
when is EPI-II showing?
tonight?
Tomorrow night.
Old 2009-07-07, 09:36   Link #978
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As TsundereCake has mentioned, please stick with the topic of the said thread. If you want to discuss about Episode 5, post in its respective topic. The same applies for theories and the like.

We created a sub-forum with specialized thread for a reason. So please check the topic BEFORE posting.
Sorry, thanks for moving them where they belonged.
Old 2009-07-07, 12:06   Link #979
Rias

From newtype:

Spoiler for 1-3~2-1:

Episode 6 will indeed be the start of ep2.
Old 2009-07-07, 12:43   Link #980
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Middle game, the one you must play as a magician, quite fitting.

Closed Thread