AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-11, 00:48   Link #781
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Hm... watching Haruhi-chan 25 again, I noticed something... according to this, Asakura's murder attempt happened on the 24th of May. Given the significance of Nagato's scene occurring on December 18, is there any special reason behind this?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-05-11, 00:49   Link #782
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Hm... watching Haruhi-chan 25 again, I noticed something... according to this, Asakura's murder attempt happened on the 24th of May. Given the significance of Nagato's scene occurring on December 18, is there any special reason behind this?
Not to my knowledge... isn't this about when she tried to kill him in Book 1?
Old 2009-05-11, 00:51   Link #783
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I don't really recall any dates being mentioned in Melancholy outside of Golden Week.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-05-11, 00:57   Link #784
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I don't really recall any dates being mentioned in Melancholy outside of Golden Week.
Ballpark estimate then?
Old 2009-05-11, 03:40   Link #785
bayoab

It seems possible but it isn't really. Melancholy is April and May of the first year which means that somehow it is 3-4 episodes in a week basically. It can fit... barely. Pt 4 is 24th+25th(+26th?). Pt 5 is 26th(27th). Ep 6 is ... 29th?
Haruhi's Biography

Last edited by bayoab; 2009-05-11 at 03:47. Reason: Fixed?
Old 2009-05-11, 06:24   Link #786
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Hey, anyone else notice a photo with Churuya when they show Tsuruya at her bed in the op of the ero game? I noticed just now. What a mindfuck. Or maybe Tsuruya really was like that when she was little.
Old 2009-05-11, 06:40   Link #787
Peanutbutter

Has volume 3 of the Haruhi-chan manga been released already? I just stumbled onto a chapter of Haruhi-chan not in volume 1 or volume 2.
Old 2009-05-11, 06:52   Link #788
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Hey, anyone else notice a photo with Churuya when they show Tsuruya at her bed in the op of the ero game? I noticed just now. What a mindfuck. Or maybe Tsuruya really was like that when she was little.
Well spotted! I didn't see it originally.

Old 2009-05-11, 11:46   Link #789
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Has volume 3 of the Haruhi-chan manga been released already? I just stumbled onto a chapter of Haruhi-chan not in volume 1 or volume 2.
Afaik only a limited edition with a Yuki nendroid figure was announced. Release date is July 9, 2009 (ISBN 9784047151987 / 404715198X)

Link: http://haruhi.tv/fanclub/goods_book....ics_haruhichan

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-05-11 at 11:46. Reason: sp
Old 2009-05-11, 11:51   Link #790
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Good eye!
Old 2009-05-11, 15:36   Link #791
wingzero_2000

Quote:
Well spotted! I didn't see it originally.

She looks pretty slutty in bed,
Old 2009-05-11, 15:41   Link #792
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzero_2000 View Post
That's actually right before she dies in childbirth as one of the happiest-sounding songs in the game plays.
Old 2009-05-11, 16:26   Link #793
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzero_2000 View Post
... I think she looks kinda hawt in the bed.

But it didn't look like Tsuruya at all, the first time i've saw it, i remember that i thought "Wait? There's another girl with green hair in the game?"
Old 2009-05-11, 16:47   Link #794
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That's actually right before she dies in childbirth as one of the happiest-sounding songs in the game plays.
What is with you and seeing people die, anyway?

Quote:
But it didn't look like Tsuruya at all, the first time i've saw it, i remember that i thought "Wait? There's another girl with green hair in the game?"
Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't recognize her initially... maybe that's why they threw in the Churuya pic
Old 2009-05-11, 16:51   Link #795
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
What is with you and seeing people die, anyway?
Blame Clannad and Jun Maeda and my love for characters voiced by Mai Nakahara.

Quote:
Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't recognize her initially... maybe that's why they threw in the Churuya pic
What, the ginormous forehead didn't immediately make it obvious to you guys?
Old 2009-05-11, 21:19   Link #796
Peanutbutter

It really didn't felt like Tsuruya to me, until I saw some comments some other users posted in the video.
Old 2009-05-11, 22:23   Link #797
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

what other endings are there in the game
Old 2009-05-11, 22:33   Link #798
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What, the ginormous forehead didn't immediately make it obvious to you guys?
Okay, that counts, i know, but look at that face! That expression! It's totally not Tsuruya. In fact, people will call me crazy, but i even thought it was a reminiscence of Kyon seeing his mother sick!

And the other endings, well, there's the endings with the other girls and the secret one that no one knows who is it(Koizumi? Taniguchi? It's Kyon and the main character is not him?).

But i'm happy that they showed Mori-San ending, i think she would be my first route in the game(after Yuki, of course), but i wanted to see her ero scenes...
Old 2009-05-11, 22:39   Link #799
Jintor

Also, no visible fang.
Old 2009-05-12, 01:34   Link #800
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Also, no visible fang.
No, it's a dramatic scene, so there wouldn't be any overt quirky character designs. I think Kaisos is dead on with the dying on a deathbed suggestion (the "protagonist" holding her hand at 1:27 nails it). A typical "Bad End" in these games (and sometimes even the "Good End") involves the heroine of choice dying of some unidentified and inevitably incurable disease ("incurable" here meaning "only curable by reaching the 'Good End', and even then not always"). I'm pretty sure I've seen that exact pose on a CG of some Key game (probably Clannad or Kanon). In fact, I'm fairly certain every pose in the whole Haruhi Eroge-related content was ripped straight from some famous game (again, mostly from Key, for obvious in-joke reasons).

Funny thing I noticed going over that OP again, is the differences (or lack of) in the way the girls are drawn. Haruhi is much the same, albeit with the typical "windblown" look of your average genki girl eroge heroine. Ryoko is just straight-up ten times hotter (especially during the end part where Kyon was actually playing), but I couldn't really pin it down to anything... Nagato is the most obviously different, with her actually showing emotion (look out Disappearance). Kimidori (not the balloon) has the regal look common in the "aloof rich girl" eroge archetype. Tsuruya-san looks less cartoony and a bit more serious (probably since she knows she's dying from some incurable disease). As for Mori, well, we didn't really see enough of her in the original series to have much to compare to, but she's the typical sensei/meido eroge archetype(s) in her two showings. And Mikuru and Imouto look exactly the same, as befits the fact that they are already textbook eroge archetypes.

Tags
comedy, shounen