AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-06, 04:30   Link #1201
Shidou

Well when you watch the first episode enju has kiss rentarou so is not his first kiss.
Shidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 05:07   Link #1202
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

No Grach. I am leaning to a Glock. Especially the G19 Gen 4. They would be the ones that Rentarou would always bring in him, and also the first to be drawn. Concealable, Ergonomic, Reliable.

That remind me. Most of the rifles they used on the anime were clones of AK-47? Where the heck is an AR-15 when you need one? Or at least a Howa?

And look at how they fire! From the hips! That clearly shows that there were a lot of untrained Promoters.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 05:08   Link #1203
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Nah, give him an AK-74 w/tacticool stuffs on it will do. Cause he needs more firepower.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 06:42   Link #1204
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Nah, give him an AK-74 w/tacticool stuffs on it will do. Cause he needs more firepower.
Most of his enemy are in the top 100. Why should he need an AK?
Old 2014-07-06, 08:16   Link #1205
Dark Paladin X

If you are curious what guns are being used, Internet Movie Firearms Database have some pictures and details on what guns are used.

Thus being said, I checked the LN author's Twitter account a few months back and used a translator tool of his profile, he seems to be a gun otaku one way or another.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 08:55   Link #1206
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Good! We need another Kouta Hirano and another Hellsing!
Old 2014-07-06, 19:44   Link #1207
Tohno Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
No Grach. I am leaning to a Glock. Especially the G19 Gen 4. They would be the ones that Rentarou would always bring in him, and also the first to be drawn. Concealable, Ergonomic, Reliable.

That remind me. Most of the rifles they used on the anime were clones of AK-47? Where the heck is an AR-15 when you need one? Or at least a Howa?

And look at how they fire! From the hips! That clearly shows that there were a lot of untrained Promoters.
Although this may slightly off-topic, but the MP-443 Grach is currently equipped for all Branches of Russian's Armed Force - (if talk about concealable, ergonomic, reliable - it would be the same, because the hammer is partially concealed at the sides to prevent catching on clothes and equipment)
And if equipped with assault rifles or battle rifles, it will make Rentarou become inflexible in cramped positions
The Black Bullet author also probably somewhat reasonable in choosing weapons for mass character (although some prefer to dread for fun), and what's wrong for choosing AK - the AK variant of the AK itself also proved to be reliable, cheap and easy to use in some harsh combat environments ...ect... Who wants to die for stupid reasons because the gun jammed halfway in battle (although perhaps some others that have been killed by a swamp of Gastraeas , or defeated by some baddass guys before he/she could act)

Last edited by Tohno Ren; 2014-07-06 at 20:00.
Tohno Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 20:03   Link #1208
Tohno Ren

Another choice is Heckler - Koch Mk.23 mod.0 (same cartridge with Rentarou's Springfield Armory XD)
Tohno Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-07, 20:23   Link #1209
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Whoever said that this series was dropped clearly hasn't asked me anything. It's not dropped, not by a long shot.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 21:56   Link #1210
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Depend on the enemy. The Gastrea in that battle are anthropods, and with the Virus, it's no doubt that they have exoskeleton with properties of CFRP. Armor Piercing and Full Metal Jacket rounds would have been a must-have. However, which kind of core? Tungsen and Depleted Uranium are too expensive, so if they could only afford AK-74 clone (wodden stock), they might as well go with steel.

(Not "afford" per se, but "being sponsored by low-end firearm companies.)

With Rentarou, it would have been a different story. As much as I wanted to, Eagle, Wildley,... And all Magnum in general would be near useless - he need penetrating power against the one hundreds, however, that of a handgun is still not enough. Unless they have made APDS rounds in 9mm, I doubt they are able to pierce varanium. That if he could score a hit.

So, why should he use a cumbersome Mk. 23 Mod 0? The main purpose of gun for Rentarou is for killing Gastrea, not Promoter. He would rather use an USP or Five-Seven, firing a mix of Armor Piercing and Hollow Point.
Old 2014-07-09, 12:54   Link #1211
Side Blade

Quote:
Guys, don't get it wrong. They did not dropped the translation work on this series. They don't have a sufficient manpower and time to do so. It's still there, not abandoned. Try google it.
Well bro.. Anytime you spoil content for us, where do you get this ? Another English-Translate team or another language ?
Side Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 19:15   Link #1212
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Blade View Post
Well bro.. Anytime you spoil content for us, where do you get this ? Another English-Translate team or another language ?
I'm not responsible for spoiling contents, I'm afraid.

But there is a translation works going on for this series. You would as well to google it to find it yourself, cause I can't tell you in here.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 14:24   Link #1213
Side Blade

Quote:

But there is a translation works going on for this series. You would as well to google it to find it yourself, cause I can't tell you in here.
Well, i tried to google it but it always lead me to baka-tsuki where they abandoned this novel... it's hard to find translate source here or... can you send me Private MEssage ?
Old 2014-07-10, 14:38   Link #1214
-gold-

Quote:
Well, i tried to google it but it always lead me to baka-tsuki where they abandoned this novel... it's hard to find translate source here or... can you send me Private MEssage ?
Quote:

Me to please
-gold- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 15:11   Link #1215
anonfr

Quote:
Abandoned novel? Are you serious? Ping just posted on this page that it's not abandoned.

He just faithfully tries to translate 10 different series at once so some updates take a while. It's not abandoned.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 15:31   Link #1216
Daysun22

so, anywhere the Black Bullet novels are being translated? or is baka-tsuki the place where they're updating them?

Last edited by LKK; 2014-07-10 at 15:34. Reason: don't ask for links to translations
Daysun22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 20:54   Link #1217
Shidou

Well if somebody know where you can read the light novel please send me a private message too ! I don't have the strenght to wait the next saison or the manga !! I want to know what will happen next so if someone know do not hesitate, SPOIL ME EVERYTHING !!!
Shidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 21:24   Link #1218
B214

Just read the thread from Page 1, there are actually some summaries written between the first page to this page.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 14:12   Link #1219
Side Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Abandoned novel? Are you serious? Ping just posted on this page that it's not abandoned.

He just faithfully tries to translate 10 different series at once so some updates take a while. It's not abandoned.
Good to hear that but when do they translate vol4... I really curious the story after anime end -_-.. Can't wait, ha.
Old 2014-07-11, 14:37   Link #1220
anonfr

Quote:
Good to hear that but when do they translate vol4... I really curious the story after anime end -_-.. Can't wait, ha.

... just go back to the anime forums, forever. Please.

There are summaries on this thread. Really detailed Summaries. So detailed, even I remember it well enough to write a paragraph. I think, start around page 30 for the details you want.

Log did summaries, Ap1001 did summaries. Other people did some spoilers.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko