AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 15 18.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 25.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 28.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 19.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-02, 14:36   Link #41
TheDisruptiveOne

The orange trainer was destroyed. So Inaho should get something a little better moving forward.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:38   Link #42
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
That wouldn't make sense, Slaine is a Terran.
I was talking about Count Saazbaum. Martian's names is either too long or not memorable enough for me to type all of them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
The orange trainer was destroyed. So Inaho should get something a little better moving forward.
There are still two more of the trainers. Previously piloted by Inko and Calm.
Old 2014-08-02, 14:50   Link #43
Shadow5YA

I really hope the Emperor didn't fall for Saazbaum's schemes so easily.

Even if Slaine was a traitor, why should that stop the investigation of Asseylum's death?
Old 2014-08-02, 14:50   Link #44
ChampDream
Alive

I noticed we beginning the episode with a shipping scene (Slaine X Princess) and end the episode with another shipping scene (Inaho X Traitor girl)

Slaine's plan failed, I guess being a terran really didn't help him at all, know he is really screw unless he escape, meanwhile Inaho is show how OP he is, in conclusion we can say that the martians get fooled really easy.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:01   Link #45
MartianMage

You know... it's really not about the martians being brain dead or the other soldiers being super bad. It all boils down to Inaho being better. I mean let's be serious here... how many people in here thought that he was gonna get defeated by using steam pressure from his plasma blades?

This is like Code Geass all over again really... you know Le Louche probably has a plan but it's usually very unexpected...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-08-02, 15:04   Link #46
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
You know... it's really not about the martians being brain dead or the other soldiers being super bad. It all boils down to Inaho being better. I mean let's be serious here... how many people in here thought that he was gonna get defeated by using steam pressure from his plasma blades?

This is like Code Geass all over again really... you know Le Louche probably has a plan but it's usually very unexpected...
I have to admit I never though of that, but only because it never happened in gundam. Also, we have to consider the fact that these Martian Kataphrakts were developed on Mars by people who probably never even experienced Earth's environment. They were probably developed for space warfare. Plus, these mechs are 15 years old and out of date.

So, I was right, the emperor is an ass. Saazbaum's last words imply there was something more with Slaine's father.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:06   Link #47
tsunade666

Quote:
This I agree. At least Inaho doesn't have OP powers.

I see no problem with the MC fighting OP opponents using tactics. I actually prefer that than OP mech versus old and crappy, outdated mech. Its gets boring if the mech of the MC is OP. I can actually picture the end with that kind of setting.

But a MC with brains and generic mech vs OP mech has more appeal to me. The end might be expected but the means to it is unknown.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:06   Link #48
hamazura
whatever

can i call him gary stu?
kira and lelouch are shit compared to him seriously.

im more interested in slaine's escape.
probably, that a55hole count will send slaine to battlefield just to assassinate him in secret.
and somehow slaine survived/escape and meet the princess and inaho. and then join force...
well its gundam seed plot, probably would happen...
Old 2014-08-02, 15:13   Link #49
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Count Saazbaum, I have high hope in this guy right here for not being someone without a brain. Slaine acted smart but was outsmarted, I really hope he quickly learned about this Terran named Inaho who kicked two Martian's asses. He should pull some decent brain vs. brain battle in the battlefield against Inaho. If Inaho still effortless kicked his ass, I'll give up on Martian having any brain at all...
yeah kinda makes me wonder, if the martians are this dumb, how could they even decipher technology which 1000 years or more ahead at the first place, image if we could give a smartphone to people in early 1900's, I don't think they could reverse engineer it.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:18   Link #50
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
yeah kinda makes me wonder, if the martians are this dumb, how could they even decipher technology which 1000 years or more ahead at the first place, image if we could give a smartphone to people in early 1900's, I don't think they could reverse engineer it.
They might be knowledgeable knowledgewise but they are incompetent in the field or rather they are WAY TOO ARROGANT.

It was clearly shown this episode. That beam saber guy just assault a carrier ship alone and he views Slein idea of joining the battle for his princess pathetic. Talking about arrogant arse.

They view earthlings below them and they didn't even acknowledge them which makes them easy to fool around because they boast too much of their strong mech.

I still don't understand the aldnoah power of the royal family.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:26   Link #51
BPD Renegade

No one commented about how the emperor looks like he's on his deathbed? Just the conversation with Slaine seemed to cause him fatigue. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses those holograms because he can't physically leave the bed. Looks like he's old, weary, and on his way out.

Didn't care much for the ship battle, but I liked what we got on the Vers side of things. Nice seeing more Vers tech, although how the hell it works is still a mystery.

It was disappointing that the mecha pilots are getting killed off so easily. Vlad seemed like he would have been an interesting character, or maybe this was only due to the fact that his scene with Slaine was one of the few moments of actual character interaction we've had. More so with Vlad than with Trillram, but he seems to be treated as one of their own, until he says or does something to remind them he's actually a Terran. From Saazbaum's line, his father doesn't seem to be held in contempt...
Old 2014-08-02, 15:31   Link #52
DMurphy

I enjoyed this episode, as I've enjoyed every episode, but people are right: Inaho's taken down two knights now, one in single combat, mostly due to exploiting their own flaws and arrogance - It's time that he face someone who is actually smart and methodical.

I'm intrigued by the Emperor. When we first see him, he seems quite reasonable - he's very quick to pick apart all the inconsistencies in the situation presented to him, and he doesn't seem to desire war at all - but by the end one conversation with Saazbaum has left him cheerfully declaring war again, despite the fact that even if he doesn't believe Slaine, all the other issues he raised are still there.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2014-08-02, 15:39   Link #53
Kazu-kun

Quote:
But Lelouche had some supernatural powers besides his brains. That made all the shit he pulled more believable. It's harder to suspend your disbelief with Inaho because he's trashing all this advanced mechas with his roboto brain alone.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:41   Link #54
Darthtabby

The fight this episode was actually pretty cool. I particularly liked the use of explosive reactive armor. For those not in the know, most anti-tank warheads actually cut through armor. The explosive charge in an anti tank round's warhead generally has a shaped cavity lined with copper. When the explosive charge detonates, the shaping produces a super fast jet of copper which can pierce armor. Explosive reactive armor consists of blocks of explosive that are mounted on the outside of an armored vehicle. When one of these blocks of explosives is hit by an anti-tank round, it detonates and disrupts the cutting jet thus reducing its effectiveness against the armor underneath.

Granted I do question whether an ERA block would actually be able to completely disrupt something like that plasma blade.

The character of Vlad seems like a missed opportunity. He may be an antagonist but they could have made him one of those "I want to fight worthy opponent" types who primarily respects strength. He would still have been an antagonist, but it would have helped with the "all martians but Asseylum are Terran hating racists" problem.

Also while I'll admit that the Emperor trusting Slaine would have made things too easy I wasn't very keen about the way they handled things at the end of the episode. He's portrayed as a reasonable authority figure and then suddenly he's just assuming Slaine is lying without even taking the time to verify whether his claims are true. Maybe there's some backstory with Slaine's dad being untrustworthy or something but at this point it seems like he ought to have taken a little time to investigate things. Urobuchi apparently didn't write this episode but I'm reminded of how forced and contrived the negative/shock developments in his series can seem to me.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:43   Link #55
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But Lelouche had some supernatural powers besides his brains. That made all the shit he pulled more believable. It's harder to suspend your disbelief with Inaho because he's trashing all this advanced mechas with his roboto brain alone.
It's not like Inaho needed to brainwash someone to do what he did in this episode. What Inaho did was nothing grandiose compared to majority of Lulu's schemes. It's just science really... science that I(and also Vlad since he probably would have disabled his plasma sword if he knew what was gonna happen) honestly didn't know about

It kinda reminds me of the episode where Lulu saved the Black Knights submarine really... all it took was just 2 torpedos... and science...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-08-02, 15:46   Link #56
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
No one commented about how the emperor looks like he's on his deathbed? Just the conversation with Slaine seemed to cause him fatigue. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses those holograms because he can't physically leave the bed. Looks like he's old, weary, and on his way out.

Didn't care much for the ship battle, but I liked what we got on the Vers side of things. Nice seeing more Vers tech, although how the hell it works is still a mystery.

It was disappointing that the mecha pilots are getting killed off so easily. Vlad seemed like he would have been an interesting character, or maybe this was only due to the fact that his scene with Slaine was one of the few moments of actual character interaction we've had. More so with Vlad than with Trillram, but he seems to be treated as one of their own, until he says or does something to remind them he's actually a Terran. From Saazbaum's line, his father doesn't seem to be held in contempt...
Actually the way the emperor reacted in his bed to just about everything led me to come up with a theory that the Emperor might not be completely in touch with reality and that his old age is catching up with him. It would somewhat explain his lack of reaction to anything Slaine or Saazbaum was saying. It would also make him to easier to manipulate and explain why he changes his stance on investigating so quickly.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:46   Link #57
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I have no problems with Inaho being able to outsmart the 2 Martian Knights so far. Basically, those 2 Martian Knights have relied too much on their technology and had too much arrogance and ego that they were blinded from it. That Sir Vlad was just gunning for Inaho wanted to deal with his wounded pride.

I personally think that some people here are feeling a bit put-out and jealous with regards to the main character, Inaho, and hence, the derision shown to him and the series. Seriously, how many of you had any effective idea of how to overcome that Martian Kataprakht on the ship? I daresay most of you guys were just as lost as the rest of the military on the ship wondering how it would play out. If you tell me that the answer was obvious in throwing the Kataprakht off the ship, that's the obvious end result but how to do it?

So.. maybe some of you guys have wounded pride or ego, like the Martian Knights?

Call it plot armour that Inaho will always win if you want. He is after all the main character. He is different from most main characters/protagonists in that he is not one that wears his emotions on his sleeve. He is about the opposite being the quiet, calm person that thinks very much differently. This is not to say that there aren't any calm collected protagonists, e.g. Setsuna F. Seiei of Gundam 00, but his skill is not so much with a mech handling nor the use of an overpowered mech but with a mind good at tactics.

This is an entertaining show for me so far and I plan to watch it to till the end to see what other surprises are in store.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:49   Link #58
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
The character of Vlad seems like a missed opportunity. He may be an antagonist but they could have made him one of those "I want to fight worthy opponent" types who primarily respects strength. He would still have been an antagonist, but it would have helped with the "all martians but Asseylum are Terran hating racists" problem.
Exactly. Vlad seemed like a character I could have liked. It makes me wonder why exactly they're introducing these throwaway characters, since there's absolutely no emotional impact when they get killed. We have yet to have any "intimate" character relationships, so to speak. There are plenty hints, but at this point, we're so busy wasting time with flashy battles, they aren't given the proper time to develop. (Not to say I don't like flashy battles, but was this last one necessary?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Actually the way the emperor reacted in his bed to just about everything led me to come up with a theory that the Emperor might not be completely in touch with reality and that his old age is catching up with him. It would somewhat explain his lack of reaction to anything Slaine or Saazbaum was saying. It would also make him to easier to manipulate and explain why he changes his stance on investigating so quickly.
Yes, the way he kept closing his eyes and seemed so passive were huge hints to this. I really think he's got the death flag on him.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:51   Link #59
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It's not like Inaho needed to brainwash someone to do what he did in this episode. What Inaho did was nothing grandiose compared to majority of Lulu's schemes. It's just science really... science that I honestly didn't know about
Science that no one else besides him seems to know. Really, if he can beat these idiots so easily, what's the point? Fire the whole army and let him fight alone. The grunts are totally useless anyway.

When you think about it, this show is painting a pretty dumb narrative. I can only hope whatever happens with Slaine will give us something beyond brainless "cool" moments, because right now that's all this series amount to.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:51   Link #60
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I think the big problem is that he initially seemed reasonable and able to think things through logically, then switches to being docile and easily manipulated later in the episode. Granted they did kind of hint that he was tired in the first scene and maybe he particularly trusts Saazbaum or something, but still...
Closed Thread