AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-03-20, 16:42   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1079 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

How much wilder can the current arc get? Let's find out! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for info:

-Title is "The Red-Haired Yonkou Pirates". The Germa ministory ended last chapter, so now we're back to reader requests, this one starring Luffy.

-We learn in a flashback that York was already aware that the WG never had any intention of making her a Celestial Dragon. Thus, she sets her counter-plan into motion! First, she orders the Seraphims to massacre everyone in the lab except for her, the Stella, and the CP agents held in the prison. Next, she orders S-Snake to turn her to stone first in order to throw off suspicion, then return her to normal later. She also gives her one last order, but it's currently hidden from us readers. Back in the presemt, we see S-Snake flying off somewhere. Meanwhile, at the waters near Egghead, we can see a ship with the Blackbeard Pirates flag lurking around....

-We then cut to Elbaf, where the Kid Pirates have challenged the Red Hair crew! Apparently, it's widely known that the pirate captains under Shanks are weaker compared to those of other emperors.... but they managed to survive in the NW thanks to sailing under the emperor's flag. Before taking action, Shanks asks his crew about Blackbeard's whereabouts, but they only know that he left Hachinosu (aka Fullalead, the pirate's island). Interestingly, he thought Teach would show up at Wano, but he was wrong. Soon, Kid begins his attack! He uses his magnetic powers to create a giant railgun, and proceeds to blast away Shanks' fleet!

-...Except, that didn't actually happen.... yet. That was a vision of the future Shanks saw with his advanced observation haki. Enraged by what he saw, he leaps ahead towards Kid's ship, and wipes out the crew with the technique Kamusari (the same move Roger used on Oden in his flashback)! Having been soundly beaten, Kid's crew has no choice but to admit defeat and surrender their Road Poneglyph copies. The giants Dorry and Brogy, however, are less forgiving than Shanks... as they proceed to destroy Kid's ship! The closing narration bluntly points out that their crew has been utterly exterminated by the Red Hair Pirates....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-03-22 at 17:31.
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 17:01   Link #2
Gerard07

Thanks for the spoilers, regarding the chapter, York apparently understood that she wouldn't be promoted and decided to attack everyone, but what really impressed me was the Kid thing..., I knew that Shanks was superior, but I expected him to give some fight, not that it was unilateral, if Kid ended up like this, how will Law do with Kurohige..., to wait for more details.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-20, 18:10   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Never liked Kid so I'm more than okay with this. Law's fate is still in the air but I'm pretty sure both he and Kid are out of the running.
Old 2023-03-20, 22:08   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I don't like Kid's attitude either. As for Law, I would say Kurohige saw his value as Ope Ope No Mi user.

For the Egghead itself, my prediction is either Pizzaro or Augur that'll pop up at Egghead.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-21, 21:12   Link #5
marvelB

Full summary is out! Not a lot to add, but something interesting to note is that apparently, Kid was very much capable of wiping out most of Shanks' crew solo if he got the first strike. Speaking of, I found that bit about the Red Hair commanders being weaker than those of other Yonkou crews to be pretty interesting, too.... though I have to wonder if that applies to those from Shanks' inner circle (Beckman, Lucky, Yasopp, etc.)? I rather doubt that personally, since it seems implied Beckman was the one who took Kid's arm in the first place.

And I guess York somehow still intends to become a Celestial Dragon despite being aware of the government's betrayal? Perhaps she intends to blackmail her way to the top, somehow? I'm kinda thinking of how Doflamingo weaseled his way to the warlord position with his knowledge and connections as a former CD. Maybe York is trying to pull something along those lines....?

Oh, and as far as the BB pirates go, as I said a while back, I'm hoping we'll get to see Lafitte in action, since he's the only founding member who hasn't seen any yet. And of course, we shouldn't forget about the possibility of a certain former admiral joining in on the fun.....
Old 2023-03-22, 07:36   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad York isn't dumb and had a back-up plan in case she was betrayed (which was 99% likely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Full summary is out! Not a lot to add, but something interesting to note is that apparently, Kid was very much capable of wiping out most of Shanks' crew solo if he got the first strike. Speaking of, I found that bit about the Red Hair commanders being weaker than those of other Yonkou crews to be pretty interesting, too.... though I have to wonder if that applies to those from Shanks' inner circle (Beckman, Lucky, Yasopp, etc.)? I rather doubt that personally, since it seems implied Beckman was the one who took Kid's arm in the first place.
The summary talks about captains under Shanks, not commanders, so I'm pretty sure it's simply referring to crews affiliated with him, like all those people who came to help Whitebeard during Marineford or the Straw-Hats Grand Fleet. His very own commanders are no doubt fearsome.
I think it's basically meant to tell us he protects the weak by giving them his flag, like Luffy does.
Old 2023-03-22, 14:55   Link #7
Hoodspirit

It's very frustrating that Oda sacrifices everything for hype or gags.

As for the blackbear pirates near egghead, I hope it is just there to report stuff.
Let the SHPs finally get their own moment.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 15:15   Link #8
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Oh, and as far as the BB pirates go, as I said a while back, I'm hoping we'll get to see Lafitte in action, since he's the only founding member who hasn't seen any yet. And of course, we shouldn't forget about the possibility of a certain former admiral joining in on the fun.....
Isn't he still guarding Pudding?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 16:16   Link #9
Gerard07

After reading the spoilers, York seems to have a more elaborate plan and Shanks recognized Kid as a threat, although that did not change the result, and just last Sunday the chapter of the anime where the Killer vs. Hawkins takes place was shown, where the first one said that Kid would be the King of the Pirates... XD, I wonder what will happen to Kid's band, well, to wait for the chapter.
Old 2023-03-22, 17:32   Link #10
TURI123456

Quote:

And I guess York somehow still intends to become a Celestial Dragon despite being aware of the government's betrayal? Perhaps she intends to blackmail her way to the top, somehow? I'm kinda thinking of how Doflamingo weaseled his way to the warlord position with his knowledge and connections as a former CD. Maybe York is trying to pull something along those lines....?

That was said before that the main team of the "Red Hair Pirates" has a relatively high bounty on their heads. So the main team is pretty strong.

Spoiler for Spoiler to chapter 1079. of the Manga One Piece.:

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 18:00   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The summary talks about captains under Shanks, not commanders, so I'm pretty sure it's simply referring to crews affiliated with him, like all those people who came to help Whitebeard during Marineford or the Straw-Hats Grand Fleet. His very own commanders are no doubt fearsome.
I think it's basically meant to tell us he protects the weak by giving them his flag, like Luffy does.
Yeah, you're right, those were different captains. I guess I just assumed differently since we haven't seen too many "outsider" crews under an emperor's flag outside of Whitebeard and Kaidou. I know Big Mom had Capone's and Jinbei's old Sun Pirate crew under her, but I think they're the only ones we actually saw on her end. And yes, Luffy has his own Grand Fleet, but they were formed before he even became an emperor, so I don't (immediately) count them. That being said, these guys under Shanks all look pretty goofy, lol. Love that one old captain with his dentures falling out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Isn't he still guarding Pudding?
Is he? In that case, Augur should have kept watch on her, too.... yet that didn't stop him from jumping Law's crew by his captain's side.
Old 2023-03-22, 18:46   Link #12
grecefar

Man... after all what happen in wano, just like that the kid pirates are out. It's over for them, in a instant.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 18:51   Link #13
Rainbowman

Kind of annoying that this chapter mostly focused on Shanks vs Kidd but it was truly epic how Shanks showcased his monstrous power in an instant. With Kidd’s crew eliminated from the competition I wonder if Law’s crew met the same fate with Blackbeard? Speaking of which, who among Blackbeard’s crew could have arrived at Egghead and what did they come for? As for York’s backup plan I’m somewhat disappointed that it didn’t involve an image from Twitter that has her gobbling up the Stella Vegapunk.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-22, 19:01   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

While I agree Shanks didn't need to be hyped even more than he already has been, I always thought Kid was the most boring Supernova so I couldn't care less about him getting written out of the story in such a humiliating manner. It does make wonder what Oda has planned for Urouge, who has appeared in maybe three pages tops since the timeskip. He's the only Supernova who hasn't gotten any spotlight.
Old 2023-03-23, 05:36   Link #15
Homura7

It's called "realistic and expected outcome". Anyone who thought Kidd even stood a chance against Shanks of all people was delusional, and those who claim the Kidd pirates were taken out just to hype the Yonkou have a severe lack of reading comprehension.

We're in the endgame, the final saga, significative developments like that should be expected.

Last edited by Homura7; 2023-03-23 at 05:47.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-23, 06:35   Link #16
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

In the end, Kidd did the exact same mistakes like other Supernova. Doing a stupid challenges (although Law and Luffy also did the same). I guess he will be Shanks' underling from now on because Shanks will obviously spare his life and whole crewmates.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-23, 10:27   Link #17
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
In the end, Kidd did the exact same mistakes like other Supernova. Doing a stupid challenges (although Law and Luffy also did the same). I guess he will be Shanks' underling from now on because Shanks will obviously spare his life and whole crewmates.
No way does Kidd bend the knee, we saw his refusal to do that in Wano. More likely that we see his crew washed up on some island on a cover story arc.

Also happy to see Oda taking Kidd out of the game. Most surprising thing would probably be seeing Dorry and Broggy using the same move as Big Mom and Kaido. Also Shanks using the same move as Roger was cool. Would love to see him fight Mihawk
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-23, 13:47   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
It's called "realistic and expected outcome". Anyone who thought Kidd even stood a chance against Shanks of all people was delusional, and those who claim the Kidd pirates were taken out just to hype the Yonkou have a severe lack of reading comprehension.

We're in the endgame, the final saga, significative developments like that should be expected.
No one thought Kid stood a chance. But there's a difference between not standing a chance and getting one shot. You can't expect me to believe you thought he and Killer were both going to be taken out in one blow without being able to do a single thing. This was clearly only to hype Shanks further, which really wasn't needed.

Just compare to how Law fared when he was ganged up by Blackbeard and several of his commanders. No doubt he was ultimately defeated, but he at least put up a fight.
Old 2023-03-23, 15:46   Link #19
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No one thought Kid stood a chance. But there's a difference between not standing a chance and getting one shot. You can't expect me to believe you thought he and Killer were both going to be taken out in one blow without being able to do a single thing. This was clearly only to hype Shanks further, which really wasn't needed.

Just compare to how Law fared when he was ganged up by Blackbeard and several of his commanders. No doubt he was ultimately defeated, but he at least put up a fight.
You're comparing someone who uses his brain and plans his strategies accordingly with someone who recklessly charges head-on without hesitation, no regard for human life or his own well-being. This is why Kidd lost an arm and Law didn't. That display of might held more purpose than just further emphasize the difference in power between a former crewmate of the King of the Pirates and one of the top contenders of the new era.

Not to mention, Law and his crewmates never intended to pick a fight with Blackbeard, they were ambushed, and prioritized escaping safely. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Kidd intended to take on the Red-hair pirates and didn't care one bit about the consequences. If anything, this wraps up Kidd's whole character: a ruthless pirate, merciless in battle, yet fell far behind because of how full of himself he's always been. He had it coming, simple as that.

And while we're at it, turns out Shanks and his crew were stationed in Wano borders just in case the Blackbeard pirates came over and intercept them. Red film promotion, my ass, another silly speculation thrown down the mud.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-23, 20:31   Link #20
Gerard07

Having seen the entire episode, York knows that the World Government wants to take down ALL Vegapunk, so he prepares ahead of time to get out of this, and regarding Shanks vs. Kid, there is not much to add to what has already been said, although Kid survived, he would surely want a rematch, although the result would be the same.
As for Law, he has better brains than Luffy and Kid, and he usually doesn't get into fights he can't win, so I bet he might have a plan or weapon to get out of that situation, maybe he can't win against Kurohige's crew, but at least if they escape.
By the way, they confirm something for me; Kid had 2 Road Phoneglyph or not?.