AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-21, 15:39   Link #21
lawgick

Quote:
God help us though, if Naruto ends and something comes out like Naruto XL or something.

***Lawgick takes a giant brush opens his skull and scrubs this idea from his brain!!***

aaahhhhh...much better
lawgick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 16:46   Link #22
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Then you havne't read DB... because the first DB series was less abotu action than Naruto.... It was more of an adventure and comedy series than fighting. OH yeah you're one of the "I like Naruto so I must insult DB/Z/GT without actually reading it" type of people. I won't call the character development deep at all, but it has some, no less than any other anime, Naruto is the same way.
I don't see why you say that, he's speaking of characters background, and it's completely obvious that Naruto has more of this stuff that DB.

That doesn't mean that DB isn't great, actually it's one of my favorite shonen, just that the treatment of the story and of the characters isn't the same.

Look Flame of Recca (the manga), there is barely any constructed background of the universe because it's not what the series is about but it's still one of the coolest shonen I ever read, if not the coolest.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 16:56   Link #23
UserName

Well Naruto and DB are of different genres I would say. Just as DB and DBZ have a different focus.

What I don't like about Naruto is that it's more character based. I prefer stuff like ONe Piece where the character time is about even and the main character actually makes a step towards his goal all the time. And the fact that it goes a lot more indepth into it's world. While Naruto I wouldn't say goes into it almost at all. Sure we know of Konoha and other villages, but not much about them. Or I guess it's the fact that they're bland and stuff....

Naruto doesn't have the deepest character development is my point. Sure maybe more than DB, but that's not all that makes something good. I find reading DB a lot more enjoyable.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 01:23   Link #24
yanoch
French, english NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Ah, I don't find it that laughable. It could be worse. Kishimoto could spend five episodes worth of manga chapters having Naruto and Sasuke charge Rasengan and Chidori respectively. It would take something like that to kill my interest.

Actually in DBZ manga there wasnt very much powering up as in the anime. I mean in the anime the pre Capitain Ginue fight powering up was very long (like 15-20 minutes if i recall right), in the manga it was 2 pages and half, animators tend to strech time when they easily can. In naruto the same apply. The whole post uchiha flashback(naruto/sasuke fight) would make an awesome action/intense epidose but im pretty sure that this part will last at least 2 episodes with long staredown, maybe 3-5 minutes of rasengan/chidori charge up :P

Personnaly reading DBZ and naruto manga is much better than watching their anime version.

I will quit naruto when his hair will turn yellow, his eye turn blue and when red energy will flow out of him hehe :P

Last edited by yanoch; 2004-08-22 at 01:33.
yanoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 02:29   Link #25
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanoch
I will quit naruto when his hair will turn yellow, his eye turn blue and when red energy will flow out of him hehe :P
Lol! Yes, god help us all if that happens.

Now, if SASUKE does the above (speaking of DBZ comparisons... Naruto-orange-Goku; Sasuke-blue-Vegeta), we may have a problem. ^_^U

Thanks for clarifying the DBZ manga's way of handling those scenes, btw.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 04:57   Link #26
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
I won't call the character development deep at all, but it has some, no less than any other anime, Naruto is the same way.
Don't tell me Dragonball has the same amount of character delevopment as anime like ... NGE, or just about any other anime, for that matter. In more than five hundred episodes and eightteen movies, the main character stayed pretty much the same, he didn't develop at all.

Concerning aura's and the like, what do you think was the Gaara's vs. Lee match? Lotus looked like Kaoiken to me, and the weights were a straight rip-off. Even though, it's the most popular fight. Go figure.

Last edited by Anthriel; 2004-08-22 at 11:55.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 06:11   Link #27
Kadius
Lemon Merchant

Send a message via AIM to Kadius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
[...]Concerning aura's and the like, what do you think was the Gaara's vs. Lee match? Lotus looked like Kaoiken to me, and the weights were a straight rip-off. Even though, it's the most popular fight. Go figure.
I'll admit, the weight thing. But the Lotus techniques and the gates are FAR more believable than anything on DB/DBZ. You can actually tell it's doing damage to Lee, instead of 'oh my gosh, I'm powering up and it doesn't hurt at all.' Still, I can see where you're coming from. Though I do think the Lee vs. Gaara fight was damn good.

Perhaps in the next arc there'll be some more character development. Gotta remember that this current arc has only been a little over a year. (I believe)
Kadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 10:05   Link #28
yanoch
French, english NOOB

Isnt lee training look like goku's and Gai sensei dont summon turtle? I mean goku is first master who show him weight training wasnt wearing turtle shell and alway having a big turtle with him :P

Actually i dont care about similarities between mangas. I mean those mangas takes roots in legends they have. Naruto universe is pretty rich in colorfull characters. Lots of naruto characters could have their own manga and being very popular. DBZ storyline was rotating around the sames characters all the time and alots of those becames boring and almost forgotten really fast nad we dindt care anymuch more about those. In naruto lots of characters are put aside but we all hope to see much more of thems.
yanoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 11:44   Link #29
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsushiro
How long has it been since Sasuke's left Konoha?

I think its About been 1 Day, 2 at most

I find it highly laughable that Kishimoto has stretched one day out for two months or more

I'm sorta getting tierd of how long he's stretching this out. At this rate it looks like Naruto becoming Hokage is gonna take atleast 7 more Volumes *shrugs*
I think its supposed to have been a good few days, maybe almost a week. It was mentioned when Lee arrived (after having had his operation and had a day or more's rest).

Im surprised people still prattle on about DBZ comparisons; its a shonen anime; they all work the same way.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 16:56   Link #30
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Don't tell me Dragonball has the same amount of character delevopment as anime like ... NGE, or just about any other anime, for that matter. In more than five hundred episodes and eightteen movies, the main character stayed pretty much the same, he didn't develop at all.

Concerning aura's and the like, what do you think was the Gaara's vs. Lee match? Lotus looked like Kaoiken to me, and the weights were a straight rip-off. Even though, it's the most popular fight. Go figure.
So you didn't notice the change of Goku from since when he was a kid and didn't even know what a female was and acted like a kid and a bunch of other things? To the point where he went away with Uub? He seemed to have matured a lot to me. Unlike Naruto who so far hasn't changed a single bit except power wise, maybe because they focus on Sasuke more than him. In fact I don't think any of the characters has changed except maybe you can say Tsunade did.

You obviously don't pay attention if you don't notices changes like that. What about more obvious changes like Tien's own or maybe Yamcha?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 19:57   Link #31
OniLink742
Hidden Pimp Villiage Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsushiro
I'm sorta getting tierd of how long he's stretching this out. At this rate it looks like Naruto becoming Hokage is gonna take atleast 7 more Volumes *shrugs*

Another 7 volumes? Nah... More like..Another 22! Yes.. 4 +22 =26 total Volums up to date!
OniLink742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 20:55   Link #32
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Then you havne't read DB... because the first DB series was less abotu action than Naruto.... It was more of an adventure and comedy series than fighting. OH yeah you're one of the "I like Naruto so I must insult DB/Z/GT without actually reading it" type of people. I won't call the character development deep at all, but it has some, no less than any other anime, Naruto is the same way.

First of all, i'm a big fan of the dragonball series, and i don't feel insulted when they compare the two. Actually, i have said a couple of times that its a honor to compared to Naruto to Drangonball, as they share many similarities, not to mention the author's favorite manga. Dragonball is a classic and Naruto will become its succesor. All i said, was that Naruto series has more in depth characters developments than the dragonball series, which is true.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 22:01   Link #33
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Quote:
Unlike Naruto who so far hasn't changed a single bit except power wise, maybe because they focus on Sasuke more than him. In fact I don't think any of the characters has changed except maybe you can say Tsunade did.
None of the characters have changed?

You must not have been paying very close attention to the last oh ... 227 chapters

I agree that Naruto hasn't really changed much since the early chapters, at least not in any significant ways.

Sakura on the other hand, has matured a lot, she started out as a shallow girl who hated Naruto and only payed attention to Sasuke, and grew to admire and draw inspiration from Naruto and Lee for their strength and determination. I could go on about how awesome and amazing Sakura is but no one here will agree with me. So, moving along...

Sasuke began thinking that team seven would only hold him back, and grew to care about his teammates, valuing them more than his own life and his revenge. Oh, and then he went nuts.

Neji, Gaara, Ino, Kiba, Lee... pretty much everyone who has appeared in more than four panels has changed and grown in some way.

Last edited by Dez; 2004-08-22 at 22:23. Reason: Screwed up quote tags
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote