Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-29, 02:17   Link #1501
KaedeF
Moeshit hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlaxe View Post
Is Pandora hearts going to be continued with a second season? I just finished the first but, it did not seem the least bit conclusive. As far I as I know, there's been no announcement for a second season but not having one seems a bit ridiculous to me. Many questions are left unanswered and many plot elements have actually yet to show themself.

It was the first anime I've watched in a while and it was rather good. I find that the OST is great as well. "Lacie" is a particularly addicting melody, especially the piano version. The soundtracks are usually the things that feel nostalgic, so that's really nice. It introduced some new protagonistic philosophical ideals not seen so much before.
I don't think there will be season 2. Because they messed up the storyline somehow.
You should really try out the manga. It's still on-going.
The OST is great because it is done by Yuji Kajiura.
KaedeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 05:02   Link #1502
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

I watched it until 5th episode that I stopped, I don't know why, but maybe I should watch it again and to the end.
Nocturne Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 10:20   Link #1503
Karlaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaedeF View Post
I don't think there will be season 2. Because they messed up the storyline somehow.
You should really try out the manga. It's still on-going.
The OST is great because it is done by Yuji Kajiura.
I think I will read the manga, I've done the first two chapters so far. I was hoping to wait for the anime because reading the manga kinda leaves no reason to watch it. And then I wouldn't really get to hear the awesome music.

But, I feel like there kind of has to be a second season...because

Spoiler for Pandora Hearts Anime:

The first season is...not in the least, conclusive. It sorta goes on random arcs and never fully finishes plot elements.

Last edited by Karlaxe; 2010-05-29 at 13:16.
Karlaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 23:29   Link #1504
Kakkou
Tch.

Its common for most anime adaptations to never ever ever have a sequel unless they're massively popular. Pandora Hearts most definitely won't have a season 2 despite the loose ends. The original ending also made sure of that. Just read the manga from the start while listening to the osts ^^. It works if you know which tracks to use for which parts. I've been having fun reading manga this way.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 03:27   Link #1505
KaedeF
Moeshit hater

Quote:
I think I will read the manga, I've done the first two chapters so far. I was hoping to wait for the anime because reading the manga kinda leaves no reason to watch it. And then I wouldn't really get to hear the awesome music.

But, I feel like there kind of has to be a second season...because

Spoiler for Pandora Hearts Anime:

The first season is...not in the least, conclusive. It sorta goes on random arcs and never fully finishes plot elements.
It was inconclusive because the manga is still ongoing. They lack the source material to be adapted.
The last 3 episodes are anime original and they collide with the storyline in the manga somehow. So it's quite impossible to have second season since they messed up many things.
And the points you listed out are being revealed in the manga.
KaedeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 09:57   Link #1506
Karlaxe

I see. Well that's rather disappointing, I think a similar thing happened with Elfen Lied. But not to the atrocious level of lacked foresight seen in this anime. Again, I don't see why they didn't just follow the manga up until its season ended. They kind of screwed themselves because the end result is basically an anime with a story cut so short that we don't actually see the main antagonist and/or know anything about the importance of strong foreshadows.
Karlaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 20:20   Link #1507
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Is Pandora hearts going to be continued with a second season? I just finished the first but, it did not seem the least bit conclusive. As far I as I know, there's been no announcement for a second season but not having one seems a bit ridiculous to me. Many questions are left unanswered and many plot elements have actually yet to show themself.
The problem with a second season is that the last three episode of the anime contradicted the next (very long and very plot important) arc in the manga. They could do a ret con and pretend the last few episodes didn't exist to make a new season, but I don't think PH sold well enough for that to be likely.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 06:46   Link #1508
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Spoiler for A review:
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 05:30   Link #1509
Eternal_Sin
Useless Human Being

To be honest...the anime is quite good but not as good as the manga if it's referred to the storyline...they're seems to rushed the ending in few last episodes...So I couldn't see more Echo in action

the best thing for this anime is the OST

I'd say the OST is one of the most beautiful that I ever listened

Eternal_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 13:39   Link #1510
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

NIS just posted the street date for the first box set (October 26) and they're using the Japanese box art! Think this just made my day, now to start saving up money for this baby.
Old 2010-09-03, 14:30   Link #1511
LKK

The DVD is coming with a nice set of extras too.

Quote:
a 32-page full-color, hardcover artbook featuring detailed character and background introductions, comments from staff members, illustrations, and the exclusive comic "Gilbert in Wonderland" by original author Jun Mochizuki and a premium box.

Contains episodes 1-13.

Special Features: Detective Break, Sharon's "Mission: Innocent Maiden," Heartthrob Pandora Academy Parts 1-2, Alice and Echo's Errand, Clean Opening & Ending.
I am so getting this.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 16:18   Link #1512
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I wasn't going to buy the series, though with extras like that, i seriously can't say no. I'll just ignore the last couple of episodes on the second box set.

So it's out on October 26th? Not a long wait really.
Old 2010-09-03, 18:43   Link #1513
FireChick

October 26th? Cool! But...I guess this isn't gonna be dubbed, is it? Oh well. It sure does look cool though! Too bad it won't be out while I'm at the NYAF (New York Anime Fest). But I'll get it somehow.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 19:21   Link #1514
LKK

I didn't post that part of the product description in my quote, but the listing says the DVD is sub only.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 19:32   Link #1515
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm sad there's no playing cards, guess XEBEC refused to give such a limited edition item to NIS US. On a side note I wished they used Oz as a DVD cover instead of booklet, now there's a high chance the final cover will be used for the next booklet ;_;. I'm not sure now much of a bonus the booklet will be to me considering I have the anime official book lol. I suppose it'd be nice to read the bios and stuff in English.

Oh God. To import or not to import, that is the question >_<.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 07:29   Link #1516
AnimeTalkZone

To be honest, i was quite disappointed with this anime.. I think it was boring.. It started out okay but right towards the end, it started to get really boring..
AnimeTalkZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 10:55   Link #1517
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

lol for me it was the opposite it started booring and felt better while it progressed, well except for the fact there's 0 ending... i just can't get myself into reading a manga ...
Old 2011-03-28, 18:28   Link #1518
FireChick

Man, I seriously wish the boxsets were available on Amazon or Ebay or FYE or something. I want to get them!

On another note, forgive me if this is kinda random (and a bit off topic for that matter), but parts of Oz's character song sound like the Degrassi theme song.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 22:02   Link #1519
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, here's the first set on Amazon (looks like it's being fulfilled by RACs) but you can find it for $10/11 cheaper on TRSI and they do ship internationally (if that's your problem).
Old 2012-08-18, 11:07   Link #1520
winterbaby
вelιnda

I love this anime. The ending was pretty sad.

Tags
fantasy, shounen