AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-06, 11:49   Link #1
Nemokrad

Mr 3's Doru Doru key...? Flaw in the storyline?

Wasn't the cage supposed to suppress all the DF abilities and moreover weaken DF people in general? Then how the hell is Mr. 3 able to put his finger in the lock and make a key out of it? Don't tell me the lock is the only part of the cage that isn't DF suppressing, that would be really stupid and pointless.
Old 2004-10-06, 13:52   Link #2
Yoska
フランキー

I was going to say maybe the lock it self isn't made of sea stone. Probably sea stone doesn't effect through wax. Doru Doru fruit isn't Logia so wax isn't part of Mr.3 body. He just produce it so it's a Paramecia fruit.
Old 2004-10-06, 17:15   Link #3
A Lamer
あほぉ&

I would say it did effect him, however because he had already formed it, it stayed that way. Much like if chopper were in his giant human form, he wouldnt revert into his reindeer form due to a lack of power. This obviously doesnt count for those who can abolish their forms (eg. the elemental fruits, buggy's body seperation etc) and subsequentally slip through the cage.
Old 2004-10-07, 01:07   Link #4
dythim
dythim

It doesn't supress the powers of the Devil's Fruit, it just makes them lethargic/unable to move.

Luffy can still stretch, he just doesn't have the energy to.
Old 2006-08-30, 15:11   Link #5
Dr.Kureha

I thought it did make them unable to use their powers...as if they were underwater, cos smoker said he woulda already escaped though the bars if it was a normal cage, but i thought he couldnt because he couldnt use his abilities..not just cos he was tired
Old 2006-09-03, 10:26   Link #6
animernq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kureha
I thought it did make them unable to use their powers...as if they were underwater, cos smoker said he woulda already escaped though the bars if it was a normal cage, but i thought he couldnt because he couldnt use his abilities..not just cos he was tired
Smoker meant that he couldn't use his powers to break the cage because it would negate them. Also he was inside the cage, while Mr 3 was outside it so Mr 3 was probably less effected by it.
Old 2006-09-09, 18:14   Link #7
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
well i hate to dig up old topics but since it was already diged up ...

first i agree with yoska first opinion .. the lock isn't made of sea stone because:
1- it is not necessary to make the hidden part using sea stone
2- sea stone is really hard that even zoro can't cut through it even after he was able to cut the steal so they can't use it to make locks ...

touching the sea stone make u use ur power but being near it doesn't effect u .. so Mr.3 didn't touch the sea stone he touched normal ock and that's okay ...

Why smoker didn't use his ability to escape ?? actually i think he can use it to escape but he didn't because he wasn't sure himself if he can pass through the prison wqithout touching the seastone becasue if he touch it while half of his body already out of .... u can imagine what would happen to him ... it is really not a nice picture .... and just for information i think both enel and Ao koji can pass through jail with ease without touching the sea stone .. Ace maybe has the ability to do that ...
Old 2006-09-09, 19:33   Link #8
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
first i agree with yoska first opinion .. the lock isn't made of sea stone because:
1- it is not necessary to make the hidden part using sea stone
2- sea stone is really hard that even zoro can't cut through it even after he was able to cut the steal so they can't use it to make locks ...
Although I also think the lock wasn't made from the sea stone, I don't really think that the above arguments can fully support that claim. I am sure there should be ways to cut sea stone and use it inside locks. We have seen sea stone being placed inside different items, so it is possible to create different shaped and sized items using sea-stone.

Maybe because of security reasons, Crocodile didn't want to keep the original lock and just made a replacement himself (he can change the keys at any time he wants). Whatever the reason is, I am sure that reason is not a flaw in the storyline.
Old 2006-09-09, 20:13   Link #9
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
We have seen sea stone being placed inside different items, so it is possible to create different shaped and sized items using sea-stone.
we only saw being used
1- as the tip of smoker stick
2- as jail bars
3- as the skating edge of whatever his name on skypie
4- as nets ... generally it wasn't the net itself .. it was the small balls on the net.
5- as cuffs

and as i can see all of them need basic smithing ... non need high level smithing as making key lock ...
unless u can remember any other object ?
Old 2008-10-05, 16:03   Link #10
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Or maybe he just pushed the wax in to get a mold for the key. It's not like the wax can suddenly be unmade once he's created it, he just loses the ability to mold it when he's in contact with the seastone.
Old 2008-10-07, 16:38   Link #11
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemokrad View Post
Wasn't the cage supposed to suppress all the DF abilities and moreover weaken DF people in general? Then how the hell is Mr. 3 able to put his finger in the lock and make a key out of it? Don't tell me the lock is the only part of the cage that isn't DF suppressing, that would be really stupid and pointless.
Okay I'll make this real simple:

Doru Doru can create any candle. After he creates the candle, it is not really linked to directly to him intellectually, or a part of his body or anything: so it becomes NON-DEVIL-FRUIT-MATERIAL.

It's like a normal candle, but due to the fact that it's hard, it has extra endurance.

No effect with Seastone, or seawater.

Anyway: if you decide I'm making no sense, then just think about the fact that his candle didn't break down when it was in the Croc's stomach.

Simple, really.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-07, 16:40   Link #12
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Or maybe he just pushed the wax in to get a mold for the key. It's not like the wax can suddenly be unmade once he's created it, he just loses the ability to mold it when he's in contact with the seastone.
Yeah and I was suppoed to say that, too, but I forgot. So yeah. Duh.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2010-06-17, 06:43   Link #13
michael889vintor

the wax he produces is outside of his body. once he produced the wax its no longer affected by sea stone. but then again it should have been some sort of kryptonite effect like he gets too weak to even approach the cage right?
Old 2010-06-20, 16:30   Link #14
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Sea stone doesn't affect DF powers, it affects the users. Remember back in the Arlong arc, Luffy was completely immersed in sea water but Nami's sister was still able to stretch his neck out of the water. Or when the crew first met Aokiji, he used his power to freeze a colossal amount of sea water. Or
Spoiler for spoiler for current manga events:

So it makes sense that Mr3 was able to use his power to unlock Ace's cuffs.

Last edited by aliasxn; 2010-06-20 at 20:23.
Old 2010-06-22, 06:30   Link #15
Kuon
Were you seeing a dream?

If seastone does cancel devil fruit powers, what happens if you force buggy to split up, lock a half of him in a box then put sea stone cuffs on the other half.
Old 2010-06-22, 06:36   Link #16
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuon View Post
If seastone does cancel devil fruit powers, what happens if you force buggy to split up, lock a half of him in a box then put sea stone cuffs on the other half.
...That's just it. It doesn't cancel them.
Old 2010-06-24, 13:06   Link #17
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuon View Post
I have an even more sadistic option, Lets just put seastone handcuff on Capone Bege while he is holding his entire miniature army inside.

With that pink shrinking fruit aura negated, his army has no option to return back to normal size inside Capone.
Old 2010-06-24, 13:15   Link #18
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I have an even more sadistic option, Lets just put seastone handcuff on Capone Bege while he is holding his entire miniature army inside.

With that pink shrinking fruit aura negated, his army has no option to return back to normal size inside Capone.
Not necessarily. It might just negate their existence (or the growing part) for as long as he's cuffed.
Old 2010-06-24, 15:45   Link #19
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It's weird how very few noticed Buggy's flaw in the storyline. He was next to Mr.3 all the time. You know, the feet thing.
Old 2010-06-24, 16:05   Link #20
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
It's weird how very few noticed Buggy's flaw in the storyline. He was next to Mr.3 all the time. You know, the feet thing.
How is that a flaw? Or rather, in what context?