Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-27, 15:07   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Forum Time 1/2 hour ahead?

I now this seems trivial and almost silly, but has any one else noticed that the forum time seems to be half-an-hour ahead? I'm set to GMT-5, and it says the current time is 15:05 when the actual time is 14:35. Like I said, it's really not a bit deal though - I'm just wondering if everyone else sees the same thing.
Old 2004-03-27, 15:14   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

This has been noticed and commented on many, many times now.

Unfortunately, it is beyond our control, it's been like this for months and months. We've asked for the time to be correctly set on the server the forum runs on but it still remains incorrect
Old 2004-03-27, 15:55   Link #3
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Just wait till it becomes an hour ahead and just adjust your timezone accordingly.
Old 2004-03-27, 16:08   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I now this seems trivial and almost silly, but has any one else noticed that the forum time seems to be half-an-hour ahead? I'm set to GMT-5, and it says the current time is 15:05 when the actual time is 14:35. Like I said, it's really not a bit deal though - I'm just wondering if everyone else sees the same thing.
Bah! You're such a newbie to worry about this. The time used to be an hour and 45 minutes ahead. I had to incorrectly set my timezone two hours ahead in order to get the forum time to 15 minutes behind.

You kids are soooooo spoiled.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-03-27, 17:47   Link #5
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

How do people even notice problems like this . Before this I didn't even know where the forum time shows up

Edit: 50 posts is the difference between newb and not :P

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-03-27 at 18:02.
Old 2004-03-27, 17:58   Link #6
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
How do people even notice problems like this . Before this I didn't even know where the forum time shows up
I surprised he noticed, especially for a newb. Well we can't complain I remember when the forum time was even off by more so no worries.
Old 2004-03-27, 19:01   Link #7
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Bah! You're such a newbie to worry about this. The time used to be an hour and 45 minutes ahead. I had to incorrectly set my timezone two hours ahead in order to get the forum time to 15 minutes behind.

You kids are soooooo spoiled.
and you had to walk uphill through the snow (both ways) 10 miles just to get to and from your computer, right. :P
Old 2004-03-27, 20:48   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

LOL. Sorry sorry... I obviously haven't noticed it for months (it never occurred to me) until I posted today and it said it was already past 3:00 and I was wondering where the heck the time had gone! Sorry for the demonstration of my n00bness; actually I'm more ashamed of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Edit: 50 posts is the difference between newb and not :P
Apparently so! I registered a month after you, ff7799, come on!

Anyway, I'm sorry for wasting your time everyone - but don't worry, I actually wasted half-an-hour less than the forum says, so it's all good.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkar
and you had to walk uphill through the snow (both ways) 10 miles just to get to and from your computer, right. :P
LOL. Does everyone else have parents and grandparents with those kinds of stories too? LOL.
Old 2004-03-28, 02:05   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Shucks. I wish I had been the one to get here first instead of xris. I'm rather surprised that he deleted all those posts instead of just closing the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkar
You had snow! Lucky you... Snow! I wish I was so lucky! I had to walk through a volcanic eruption to get to my computer! Darn we had it tough in my day.

Anyway, the forum clocks are a half-hour off and we're stuck with it. There isn't really anything to do about the problem, so I will close this thread since I don't feel like leaving the thread open just so that people can complain about the problem. Particularly when it summoned so many off-topic posts already. Funny stuff though. Looking through the deleted posts I couldn't help giggling.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread