AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-07, 05:38   Link #861
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Yay! Alter Fate testarossa(re-run) came today by EMS!!! The box is so big tt my room no place XD.

Hmm...Figma Fate got cut of pre-orders? I guess so cuz nanoha things are jus too hot.
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 23:50   Link #862
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I got my Nanoha figma from my local anime store during the weekend. I was surprised...really surprised to find that the owner had ordered two. So I bought it and I am pleased with my Nanoha figma. One problem though, her bangs seem to come off pretty easy if you're not too careful with the figure. It was a bit of a problem for me to keep on fixing her head, but I still enjoyed tinkering with it. Heard the Fate figma is coming out next month...hopefully the owner ordered that one as well, since there have been reports of pre-orders closing on the Fate figma because of limited quantity.
oh and by the way, this was my first figma ever purchased as an anime fan. But for some reason, even though you can pose them however you like, I still prefer the figure models though. To me, the figma figures seems pretty fragile...to much tinkering might end you with a broken figurine.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 19:10   Link #863
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNite View Post
Yay! Alter Fate testarossa(re-run) came today by EMS!!! The box is so big tt my room no place XD.
Hehe, ya I remember when I got my Alter Fate (original) and that box is just HUGE. I have a pretty big laz-e-boy chair and it barely fit in that. Most of it is really just her cape though, but that is what really makes the figure imo.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 00:33   Link #864
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Hehe, ya I remember when I got my Alter Fate (original) and that box is just HUGE. I have a pretty big laz-e-boy chair and it barely fit in that. Most of it is really just her cape though, but that is what really makes the figure imo.
Haha, yup her cape looks great on her.

I really hope Hayate gets release soon. I wan a complete collection of the family...
Old 2008-06-10, 04:45   Link #865
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Didn't know there was a re-run of the Alter Fate figurine. Since I didn't take the chance to swipe the first run, I'll be sure to get one this time.
By the way, I noticed that with re-runs of figurines, the price seems to go down a bit.

OH wells...since Figma already has Fate and Nanoha figurines, I wonder if they'll make Hayate possible also. All three aces...that would be pretty cool...I mean if they have the whole SOS brigade, might as well create the infamous three aces.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 08:24   Link #866
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Didn't know there was a re-run of the Alter Fate figurine. Since I didn't take the chance to swipe the first run, I'll be sure to get one this time.
By the way, I noticed that with re-runs of figurines, the price seems to go down a bit.

OH wells...since Figma already has Fate and Nanoha figurines, I wonder if they'll make Hayate possible also. All three aces...that would be pretty cool...I mean if they have the whole SOS brigade, might as well create the infamous three aces.
Wow,Good idea u have there. Btw anyone interested in this Vita Figurine? Looks really nice but the price is =_=. Make by CM Corp.

Old 2008-06-10, 09:24   Link #867
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

$94 dollars for that vita? i'm sure someone here will buy it o_o''
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 09:51   Link #868
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Yup the price is XD. So i was wondering if u guys can give some comment if its worth it?
Old 2008-06-10, 10:20   Link #869
Lesca

Quote:
Yup the price is XD. So i was wondering if u guys can give some comment if its worth it?
I don't think I'd buy it at that price but that's probably just me, I think the joints look a little weird on it, compared to other jointed figures i've seen...but maybe that's just me
Old 2008-06-10, 23:25   Link #870
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

I found the original link here. Hope u all don mind, go to the website and take a look. Its actually moveable, a little similar to figma's figurine.
Old 2008-06-11, 06:40   Link #871
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

While I wont personally buy the movable Vita, I do imagine that they will sell. The big thing here though is that Alter is making 2 versions of Vita (Unison and Normal) set to release about the same time, which aside from being only slightly smaller at 19cm compared to 21cm, or roughly 3/4ths an inch (probably due to the different poses), is also about 3k yen LESS in terms of price. So what I think it'll come down to for most people is whether they want something movable and pose-able vs something fixed, or take a hit on their wallet to the tune of 150-220ish USD BEFORE shipping (depending on 2 or 3 and exchange rates) for what amounts to basically the thing with slightly different paint and weapons (along with movable for the CMs). Considering the ever rising prices for things, and ever lowering exchange rate for USD to Yen, I think it's going to take a very big fan not only of Nanoha but of figurines (fixed, pose-able, or both) to buy more then one, let alone two or all three.

Edit: also, as someone pointed out in the thread that got linked, her hammer actually seems bent... which is weird to say the least. Makes me wonder about the overall quality a bit, since if it isn't a trick of the eye then that means the hammer head is going to be quite heavy and the shaft not thick enough to hold the weight (or maybe even hallow vs solid...) Also, the painting/blending on her switchable hand with the balls seems to be a bit off. Nothing a little touchup wouldn't change probably though, but for that price you kind of expect more.

Old 2008-06-11, 06:43   Link #872
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Quote:
While I wont personally buy the movable Vita, I do imagine that they will sell. The big thing here though is that Alter is making 2 versions of Vita (Unison and Normal) set to release about the same time, which aside from being only slightly smaller at 19cm compared to 21cm, or roughly 3/4ths an inch (probably due to the different poses), is also about 3k yen LESS in terms of price. So what I think it'll come down to for most people is whether they want something movable and pose-able vs something fixed, or take a hit on their wallet to the tune of 150-220ish USD BEFORE shipping (depending on 2 or 3 and exchange rates) for what amounts to basically the thing with slightly different paint and weapons (along with movable for the CMs). Considering the ever rising prices for things, and ever lowering exchange rate for USD to Yen, I think it's going to take a very big fan not only of Nanoha but of figurines (fixed, pose-able, or both) to buy more then one, let alone two or all three.

Hmm...I guess i will give this one a pass then.Anyway my wallet has a big hole already, so i should really let this one go .
Old 2008-06-11, 07:00   Link #873
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Hmm...I guess i will give this one a pass then.Anyway my wallet has a big hole already, so i should really let this one go .
Well, on the plus side, they don't ship until an estimated 8/31, which more then likely will be piches back by a couple weeks, so in reality you probably wont be billed for anything until early to mid sept, which is roughly 3 months away. So one could easily save up for them, but that is still quite a large hit.

Old 2008-06-11, 12:38   Link #874
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Quote:
Well, on the plus side, they don't ship until an estimated 8/31, which more then likely will be piches back by a couple weeks, so in reality you probably wont be billed for anything until early to mid sept, which is roughly 3 months away. So one could easily save up for them, but that is still quite a large hit.
True. 100+bucks is painful. I will save up for Hayate-sama.
Old 2008-06-12, 02:05   Link #875
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Personally I don't see Hayate coming out until next year. I mean when she was announced she still wasn't even painted, it was just basically a shell. By now they hopefully have a painted prototype, but whether that will be the final production model or not is questionable. Plus, from the time they show a painted version it's normally about 4-5 months before the estimated release day, which from my experience on the few StrikerS figures I've bought normally goes back another week or two on top of that.

Old 2008-06-12, 03:00   Link #876
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Quote:
Personally I don't see Hayate coming out until next year. I mean when she was announced she still wasn't even painted, it was just basically a shell. By now they hopefully have a painted prototype, but whether that will be the final production model or not is questionable. Plus, from the time they show a painted version it's normally about 4-5 months before the estimated release day, which from my experience on the few StrikerS figures I've bought normally goes back another week or two on top of that.
I see. I also saw tt non-painted hayate from one of the threads. But i m glad tt actually making hayate. Hopefully its going to look nice.
Old 2008-06-18, 23:04   Link #877
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

I would get the vita if they comes out in figma... Hehe ...

For now, maybe will wait and see ....
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 23:43   Link #878
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Hey another good idea. A figma Vita. But they had Figma Nanoha and Fate already. When is Figma Hayate coming out?? We need all three ACE to save the world!!!
Old 2008-06-19, 00:55   Link #879
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo

Can't wait for Hayate Figure now
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 02:08   Link #880
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post

Can't wait for Hayate Figure now

Spoiler for my opinion:

Unfortunately, admiring the pic is pretty much the only thing I CAN do. Since I have absolutely no means nor the funds to get it. T____T

I gotta say, though. This is without a doubt one of the BEST ever figures I've seen!

*goes back to a corner to despair for a LOOOOONNNG time... ;_;*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-06-19 at 06:16.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote