Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-06, 19:40   Link #121
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolfKimbley.BG View Post
In the translated manga I read that Ulquiorra's release command was 'bind'. Personally, I think that there is a great difference between 'lock' and 'bind'. And ask for his resureccion, it might probably do something with his eyes. Remember how he said that his eyes could see everything and that was the way he fought? Somehow, I imagine him turning into something like a basilisk or a gorgon, even though this doesn't have much of a logical connection to his release command.

By the way, what will happen to Loly and Menoly? Knowing what a goody-goody two-shoes Orihime is, she'll rush in to heal/revive them, even though those ungrateful b****es tried to kill her.
Come to think of it...maybe Ulq will look like an owl xD
________
VeronicaChick

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:35.
Old 2009-02-06, 19:49   Link #122
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well if you look at it, when the people "Fly", they're not falling. When they fall....they fall. When do people "fly"? When they're outside doing shunpo and eventually flying/stepping on air.
They stand around in mid air a lot... in the human world we saw it alot with them standing around and staring at each other... hell when aizen showed up in town, the SS captains were standing their waiting for them... they don't even acknowledge gravity

and in HM, during the ichigo vs Grim fight we also saw them standing around in midair staring at each other... this isn't flying, jumping, shunpo or stepping on air, this is complete disregard for gravity. They move about space as if gravity was not even a factor to them... and apparently Yammi has forgotten that he is able to disregard gravity

The only time we see that they could not stand in mid-air was in SS, where we never saw any kind of flight like that except for Yoruichi and Ichigo who had aid of a special item to fly... also with the case of high speed movement with shunpo
Old 2009-02-06, 19:59   Link #123
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
They stand around in mid air a lot... in the human world we saw it alot with them standing around and staring at each other... hell when aizen showed up in town, the SS captains were standing their waiting for them... they don't even acknowledge gravity

and in HM, during the ichigo vs Grim fight we also saw them standing around in midair staring at each other... this isn't flying, jumping, shunpo or stepping on air, this is complete disregard for gravity. They move about space as if gravity was not even a factor to them... and apparently Yammi has forgotten that he is able to disregard gravity

The only time we see that they could not stand in mid-air was in SS, where we never saw any kind of flight like that except for Yoruichi and Ichigo who had aid of a special item to fly... also with the case of high speed movement with shunpo
Oh well. Real life physics has no relevance to Bleach lol.
Old 2009-02-06, 20:02   Link #124
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Can someone explain to me how Yammi will die from falling, I mean people get knocked from the sky to the ground and don't die...is he going to die from falling in a building? Can't he like use sonita or w/e and come back up right away?
I don't think it's set in stone that he's dead yet, but he did get kinda messed up from that trip mine
Old 2009-02-06, 21:11   Link #125
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:

Yammi is retarded of course he will not remember, Yammy is to Ulquiorra as is Pinky to the Brain

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-02-06, 21:27   Link #126
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Oh well. Real life physics has no relevance to Bleach lol.
yes but that doesn't mean kubo shouldn't have consistency...
I am able to accept something like shimigami are unable to fly in SS but can fly in the real world... it tells you that shimigami and souls can only fly in certain kinds of environment, and SS is a place where souls can't fly.

However in HM, it's become inconsistent... They spend most of the time not flying but with grim vs ichigo its shown that they can indeed float on air... but now we have Yammi falling from great height when he should be able to just stop himself and float back up...

Suspension of disbelief doesn't rely on being realistic, but more on relying on being consistent... At this point i would not be surprised if we see people flying around in SS... it only makes you wonder stuff like, why kenpachi and all the shimigami start flaying around to find Ichigo and friends
Old 2009-02-06, 21:31   Link #127
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

For some reason, I had the déjà-vu impression when I saw Ichigo's fierce pose with his hollow mask...

*goes to shoot her Velonica single* Ahh!! here it is

Spoiler for Ichigo w/o Mask:

except this time it was way more intense with his mouth open and all! I take back my last comment, that shot alone has made me all hyped for the fight

Ahh Mr. Kubo! I just love the way you're convincing your public! No words are needed xD
Old 2009-02-06, 22:26   Link #128
Osiris

Pic

i found this pic kind of funny

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2009-02-06, 22:30   Link #129
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Idk, her look worried me, as if she was wondering why Ichigo would leave her and that she was also worried that he would get hurt and she wouldn't be around to help him.
It's always a conflicted feeling for Orihime when a friend offers to protect her. She always worries : "will he get hurt protecting me?" , "can I help him?" , " will he be all right?". And that's only natural. Given the dangers around, anyone would react with concern if a friend offered to face them.

All angst aside, she seemed moved though(if not necessarily happy).
Old 2009-02-06, 22:39   Link #130
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
i found this pic kind of funny
That's a strikingly accurate comparison.

As far as Yammy goes, Ishida may have caused more trouble for Rukia, Renji and the others fighting near the base of the tower.

I personally hope that Yammy gets the drop on Ishida somehow and Orihime saves him; that or the Yammy vs. Chad fight that people have been predicting for a bit (which would be a good way to show off the full strength of Chad's powers in Hueco Mundo.)
Old 2009-02-07, 00:01   Link #131
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Notice how Ulqui's eye turned into almost crescent moon (lunar eclipse?) when he said his release word. I couldn't quite shake the image of a melting moon like that FF character I don't know the name of (haven't played much FF at all, didn't she trap people in that fallen moonlight?). His eyes being the moon and the tears the melting part. Would kinda suit his release word I think. Heh Just need to see next week to have the truth of it.

I'd need to go check but in the bleach game I have Ulqui can control a bunch of little hollow parasite things that fly around going nom nom nom. Ofc that's more likely just filler skills since they couldn't really show what he actually does!

And I'm with Slayerx with his opinion of 'flying', I don't have an issue with it I just wish he was consistent. Although I preferred it when they couldn't, unless it was part of being able to Shunpo/Sonido. You could probably come up with some basic theory rules as to what conditions they need to be able to 'fly'.
Old 2009-02-07, 00:37   Link #132
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Why is this series so incredibly inconsistent when it comes to the shinigami ability to walk on air? Is there any reason good why Yammi would actually fall?
go back and check how that what everyone calls "flying" works, Zangetsu taught Ichigo how to "fly"

when you receive major damage by a mine you can easily lose the ability to "fly" imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
I personally hope that Yammy gets the drop on Ishida somehow and Orihime saves him; that or the Yammy vs. Chad fight that people have been predicting for a bit (which would be a good way to show off the full strength of Chad's powers in Hueco Mundo.)
I always wanted to see Sado pay him back, but now Ishida already weakened Yammy :/ But ok, there's the ressureccion-full-healthpoints-joker..
Old 2009-02-07, 02:24   Link #133
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yammy can always release lol.
Old 2009-02-07, 04:28   Link #134
Bokkin

one thing needs to happen. Shinji needs to Bankai Vizard and take his sword and tear Aizen a literal new one. then tousen and animal captain need to kiss and gin be hung as a traitor followed by kon marrying Rukia. Kubo would be like ha didn't see that coming.
Old 2009-02-07, 04:37   Link #135
Slayerx

Quote:
Shinji needs to Bankai Vizard and take his sword and tear Aizen a literal new one.
I've actually been hoping on that... Aizen xantose roullette's the vizard to his side only to have them strike him down and throw his years of planning into shame
Really, Aizen's plans are so utterly perfect that i want to see him fail, and fail hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
go back and check how that what everyone calls "flying" works, Zangetsu taught Ichigo how to "fly"

when you receive major damage by a mine you can easily lose the ability to "fly" imo
Be good to point out when that was...
First time i recall ichigo flying outside of his mind scape *where i'm not surprised flying to be possible) was in SS when he went to rescue Rukia... however his "flight" was due to the badge like thing that yourichi gave him.
Old 2009-02-07, 04:40   Link #136
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ichigo's "flight" (and the other shinigamis' as well) is limited in the human world and hueco mundo. Instead of saying flying, I'd call it "not falling", as they use their hands to stand back, like there's an invisible layer of ground-possibly a reiatsu trick like shunpo, with which they reach such heights in the first place.
Old 2009-02-07, 05:54   Link #137
Glacial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav0kkx View Post
Maybe there is some really bad draw backs from using your mask a lot. This is probably why they were shocked at Rose and asking if he was going to use his mask, as if he was doing something reckless.

But then again, Hiyori used her mask freely to mess around with Ichigo. Idk, idk.
You might be on to something. After all, Hiyori has the "I don't give a shit" attitude anyways, so even if it did have a negative long-term effect, it's in-character for her to not care :P

I personally thought that the longer Ichigo waits to put on the mask in the fight, the longer he can keep it on while fighting.

Oh, and about Yammy: obviously it was just convenient (for the plot) for Yammy to fall like the doofus he is. We all wanted to see Ulquiorra's release soon, so why complain over typical Bleach logic? xD
Besides, ruining Ishida's cool moments is a big no-no!

Last edited by Glacial; 2009-02-07 at 06:06.
Old 2009-02-07, 06:46   Link #138
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Be good to point out when that was...
First time i recall ichigo flying outside of his mind scape *where i'm not surprised flying to be possible) was in SS when he went to rescue Rukia... however his "flight" was due to the badge like thing that yourichi gave him.
Old 2009-02-07, 06:47   Link #139
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Guess I really have to start reading the manga...
Old 2009-02-07, 06:55   Link #140
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

IMO I think that the mask is starting to merge with Ichigo's bone structure and face as when he is talking it seems like the mask is starting to move, what if overuse means that even though they are in control of the hollow the mask starts to become part of their body becoming harder to take off eventually merging completely with their skin.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion