AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-09, 01:31   Link #81
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihon View Post
We hope to have each episode out within a week (or less) of when it airs. We aren't super fast, but we do a good job.

Oh, and "we" = Jade Fansubs.

OMG Yay <3 that is way better then Major. Even in a great anime like Major is always behind but it always works out great cuz it gets done being subbed during the MLB offseason so umm yeah Baseball fill FTW.

For those of you saying everyone but Goro gets thrown under the bus are we watching the same Major? The one who is always thrown under the buss is always Goro. Everyone is always doing better then him Toshi Maryumia, Gibbson Jr. Goro always has weak team mates Always gets snubbed out of things (Dolphins becomming a stupid bad team when goro go there, During the Kiado arc Goro not being able to pitch in the test while Toshi was allowed to catch???. Goro not getting auto invited into an american team even though he would of gone as the #1 draft pick in Japan when he wento the the US??? Then you also have WBC arc where goro had to go threw extra work to get put into the rookie team. If anything Goro is always getting thrown under the bus to keep the show running longer.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 02:52   Link #82
velvet
"with you, happiness"

The first episode had "sucessfully" make me feel like crap.
(Watching Kou finally cried gave me a sharp pain in the chest)
And that means brilliant.
ED is beautiful.

Also please note that this is coming from a person who never watched AdachiMitsuru's adaptation before, (what does that mean anyway?)
Now where is that bookstore that sells crossgame in bundles again....

PS: For the subbers, yoroshiku onegai shimasu, I'll be in your care.

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:43   Link #83
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Cross Game is my favorite among Adachi Mitsuru's work (H2 being the hated).

That said. I loved the first episode. But it felt lacking... One of the most important scenes in the manga didn't get into the anime. I'll assume they won't have some type of flashback

[manga spoiler removed]

I have a love-hate relationship with Adachi Mitsuru's work. I still think he makes one of the worst endings ever. Yet his works are so addicting.

I think its because of these little cute scenes he always inserts. Its always memorable. These scenes are whats lacking in most anime. Its so simple yet so effective. Like the scene of the end of episode 1.

little Wakaba and little Koh are one of the cutest couple ever. Even though I've read that scene 4 times, it never fails to make me tear up.

edit: I used Koh because that's how the scanlators of the manga spell his name, I got used to it lol

Last edited by monir; 2009-04-11 at 07:22.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 12:28   Link #84
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
OMG Yay <3 that is way better then Major. Even in a great anime like Major is always behind but it always works out great cuz it gets done being subbed during the MLB offseason so umm yeah Baseball fill FTW.

For those of you saying everyone but Goro gets thrown under the bus are we watching the same Major? The one who is always thrown under the buss is always Goro. Everyone is always doing better then him Toshi Maryumia, Gibbson Jr. Goro always has weak team mates Always gets snubbed out of things (Dolphins becomming a stupid bad team when goro go there, During the Kiado arc Goro not being able to pitch in the test while Toshi was allowed to catch???. Goro not getting auto invited into an american team even though he would of gone as the #1 draft pick in Japan when he wento the the US??? Then you also have WBC arc where goro had to go threw extra work to get put into the rookie team. If anything Goro is always getting thrown under the bus to keep the show running longer.
that is one of my biggest pet peeve with major is how the author describe the American Baseball Major and Minor league.

As a 18yr old with a 90+ fastball and good command with off speed pitches.
1) All he need was hire a agent and his agent would have gotten him a million contract with a invite to spring training. He didn't need to come to the US to do tryouts, the scouts would have gone to Japan.
2) after he sign with the team after the tryout he would never have been cut because the Major league team already sign a japanese player. Owners don't usually make those decision, the General Manager do and any GM who cuts a 18 yr old with a 90+ fastball and good command on his break stuff is asking to be fire. There aren't that many general managers that stupid.
3) you don't put a promising young pitcher in a reliving role unless he prove he can't start. He starts till he prove he is not a starter.
4) you don't decline a callup form the minor to the major league team. That has never happen in the entire 100+ history of Major League Baseball in the US. The coaches would have has bags pack and him on the bus after the first call form the Parent club.

I stop reading Major after this part as it was just completely unbelievable. Either the author didn't care that he completely wrong about how the US Major league baseball works or he didn't bother doing any research to start with.

back to CrossGame, I am hoping Adachi have Koh develope some pitches other then a Fastball. In all of Adachi's work only Hiro ever threw anything other then a Fastball. High Schoolers these days are throwing Changeups, sliders and Sinkers.
Old 2009-04-09, 12:58   Link #85
itisjustme

Bah, H2 was my favorite Adachi.

As a huge fan I liked this, I think they captured the author's pace and storytelling style pretty well, nice soundtrack. Koh's voice wasn't like how I imagined it though.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 16:37   Link #86
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Geez, i wish a fansub with readable fonts picked this up. Seriously, this is an eye test.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 16:39   Link #87
typhonsentra

Okay I definitely was hit by the end but it definitely didn't hit me as hard with the way it was set-up. Something just felt off about the whole episode leading up to the reveal, it was kinda like that Simpsons McBain clip where that gangster Mendoza's henchmen kill his partner.

Quote:
McBain: "C'mon live a little."
Skowie: "No, thank you. Got me a future, partner. I'm two days away from retirement, my daughter's graduating from college... "
Mcbain: "Little Suzie's growing up."
Skowie: "-- and as soon as we nail Mendoza, my old lady and I are gonna sail around the world like we always wanted. [He shows a picture of his boat -- the Live-4-Ever] We just christened the boat. Oh yes, sir, everything's gonna be just per -- " [A henchmen shoots Skowie full of holes]
Skowie: [pumped full of bullets by a passing motorcyclist, lying in a pool
of his own blood] Damn, damn damn. McBain?
McBain: Yes?
Skowie: I'm not going to make it.
McBain: Oh, stop talking crazy!
Skowie: Mcbain....get...Mendoza...

*Dies*

Mcbain: "MENNNNDOZZZAAA!"
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 18:57   Link #88
BiFr0st

They have to implement that scene somewhere in the anime. Chances are they probably going to implement it during episode 2 when they are playing a baseball match as a flashback.

Moderators Note: Please do not quote spoiler that reveals potential future event for the corresponding anime adaptation. It helps spread spoiler.

Last edited by monir; 2009-04-11 at 07:27.
BiFr0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 07:16   Link #89
Kitsu
The unlucky one

This is one of the best series of this spring for now. In my opinion at least. This episode had so much feeling.
It felt like... I can't describe it. It has some kind of charm.
I hope this series won't slack off and be as good as the start till the end.
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 12:45   Link #90
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Very good episode, but if you did read the manga you can't avoid noticing that
Spoiler:

The production of the anime doesn't seems to be worthy of this excellent work, too bright colours and small work on the overall artwork. The voice actors didn't sounded great either, but hopefully I'll survive and even get used to hear them.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:50   Link #91
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm of the school that thinks that they went about this episode to provide maximum impact to the audience. As such, they omitted the parts that, while integral to the whole story, would detract to this goal.

I have no doubt, however, that they'll revisit these omitted parts because they are very important not only to one character's story, but I count THREE main characters at the top of my head. Unless they want the story to be a train wreck, they'll have to show these sooner or later. So don't fret guys... it was intentional on their part.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 18:29   Link #92
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As such, they omitted the parts that, while integral to the whole story, would detract to this goal..
Allow me a correction here. They just don't have parts to detract that goal . fortunatelly. But they still were omitted.
Old 2009-04-10, 20:32   Link #93
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

ah man they were so cute together too, it makes me wanna cry
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 07:33   Link #94
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Okay.. ladies and gents... if you are going to compare the manga with the anime, please do so without divulging any information that's possibly missing from the anime. Make comparison, by all means, but limit yourself to the material that has been covered in the anime adaptation. Anything more is potential spoiler for the corresponding anime just because there is a good chance the anime will cover those missing events.

It's really not that difficult to understand, is it? Also, there is a manga thread for Cross Game in the manga section if a fan can't contain him/herself from spoiling, or any other manga related discussion one might have.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 03:43   Link #95
totalnet

Well, the important plot points have been taken care of in couple of flashbacks in ep2.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 03:58   Link #96
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
Well, the important plot points have been taken care of in couple of flashbacks in ep2.
that is what I and other people around here figured they were going to do. It was easy to do because Adashi uses a lot of flashbacks in his works.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 09:08   Link #97
stpehen
kisses for all

After two episodes I'm not that impressed. I wasn't expecting great animation (Mitsuru Adachi series don't really require it) but the directing/editing and voice acting are pretty mediocre, too. It comes off lackadaisical and pastel, missing some of the calm introspection and deft pacing that is a crucial part of Adachi's work. The choice to reshuffle the early plot was probably in order to give a better early impression of what the "regular" story is like, but I thought it did a disservice to the drama.

It's too bad, really. Cross Game's a great story, but so far this anime is certainly no Touch. The story and characters will help it shine above your typical baseball series, but it doesn't look like its headed for any kind of masterpiece status.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 10:28   Link #98
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen View Post
After two episodes I'm not that impressed. I wasn't expecting great animation (Mitsuru Adachi series don't really require it) but the directing/editing and voice acting are pretty mediocre, too. It comes off lackadaisical and pastel, missing some of the calm introspection and deft pacing that is a crucial part of Adachi's work. The choice to reshuffle the early plot was probably in order to give a better early impression of what the "regular" story is like, but I thought it did a disservice to the drama.

It's too bad, really. Cross Game's a great story, but so far this anime is certainly no Touch. The story and characters will help it shine above your typical baseball series, but it doesn't look like its headed for any kind of masterpiece status.
There are lots of room for improvements, but I have to say things are better than I feared. I'm hoping for a small miracle that the production teams will become wiser and smarter, thus be able to depict the many subtleties present in important cuts of Adachi's work better than now.
Old 2009-04-12, 17:38   Link #99
nihon
夢見たい
*Fansubber

...and it's been released. Please download the Jade Fansubs version and let us know what you think.
nihon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 18:17   Link #100
lixuelai

With the anime airing I felt it was finally time for me to read Cross Game. Damn Adachi Mitsuru stuff is so addicting. Havent been this addicted since reading 20th Century Boy by Urasawa. Definitely one of his better works. I still like Touch and Nine the best but this may be up there. Blew through the entire manga up to this point last night. I always liked how Adachi has a good grasp of timing in his manga and the characters are so lovable. I was not as big a fan of H2 as his other manga just because I was rather rooting for a Hiro x Hikari ending.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports