Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Unexpected twist ending

Spoiler for WHAT A TWEEST:
lol don't say that!!! You'll jinx it!
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 13:08   Link #3783
pancakes
*Author

As long as we're talking about what's going to happen... I have some "suspicions".

Okay, first off, have any of you noticed that whenever Yuji's dad is mentioned in the story, summaries, or a reference there is always a lot of emphasis on the fact that he has good tracking/spying skills? I'm a little paranoid. Why would there be a need to put that in the story? There has to be a purpose. Also, he's stated to work out of the country right? (or was it city, I forget) And he's never home? Something's not right, but I can't put my finger on it.
Maybe he works for outlaw? And he has somehow been crimson world aware this whole time. and maybe that connects to Yuji and his situation. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy. Also, Hecate started to have a change of heart. Yet, she is sacrificed to summon the Sairei no Hebi. Sooooo, what would be the POINT in doing all that character development and Hecate scenes if she was just going to disappear anyway? She MUST still have importance to the plot. and what about the baby ? (Yuji's new brother/sister) What role will it play? The japanese always like to potray the whole "rebirth" theme in their stories. Maybe? And lastly, where does Johan lye in all this? His he dead? Or still alive? Maybe he will have some influence on the story.

Opinions? Thoughts?
Old 2011-04-08, 18:18   Link #3784
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Kantaro Sakai works (as stated in the novels) on overseas, they don't say which is his job. He is actually really inteligent, I'm not sure but I read on the wiki that he "cheated" Willhelmina to buy some time for Yuji when she wanted to kill him. That makes me wonder if he knows about the Flame Hazes / Tomogaras world.
I think that Hecate is dead and there is no way back, the only purpose on life for she is to free SoF, once he is trapped, she borns again. I think they made her more "human" to make it look as a big loss for the novel. The new baby, Chigusa and Kantaro are young, so I guess that after Yuji's death/dissapearence/ascense as Flame Haze, that baby will be their new son, it would not be so difficult to belive that they got just one child at their age. Johan... Well, he is alive on the Reiji Maigo, he is actually a really "proffesional" on Jizaiho, as Alastor said, so I guess he is a good fighter and will be playing that role. But on a side theory, I "think" that the Johan that is alive isn't the real one, why do I think this? Well, it's just a guess for now. SoF could have killed him and replaced with a clon or something to keep an eye on Pheles and the Flame Hazes' planes.
Old 2011-04-08, 23:41   Link #3785
Flere821
Lurker

I believe Yuji was a second offspring due to the fact his mother was a teenage mother or something, the novels stated his father and mother married young. Judging from the early marriage it might actually be strange to not have more children?

Or it could just be the fact they've stated Yuji's parents have problem with getting children, there's a good while before Yuji's born and the death of their previous offspring. For reference, I think this was mentioned that time Yuji talked with his father the last time before Yuji got taken by SoF.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 23:44   Link #3786
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Well, Chigusa didn't show any surprise when he son suddenly dissapeared, tecnically Yuji Sakai's existence already banished, so I'm wondering if there is a way to come back or if he is already no part of the human realm such as the Flame Hazes.
Old 2011-04-11, 08:26   Link #3787
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Kantaro Sakai works (as stated in the novels) on overseas, they don't say which is his job. He is actually really inteligent, I'm not sure but I read on the wiki that he "cheated" Willhelmina to buy some time for Yuji when she wanted to kill him. That makes me wonder if he knows about the Flame Hazes / Tomogaras world.
I think that Hecate is dead and there is no way back, the only purpose on life for she is to free SoF, once he is trapped, she borns again. I think they made her more "human" to make it look as a big loss for the novel. The new baby, Chigusa and Kantaro are young, so I guess that after Yuji's death/dissapearence/ascense as Flame Haze, that baby will be their new son, it would not be so difficult to belive that they got just one child at their age. Johan... Well, he is alive on the Reiji Maigo, he is actually a really "proffesional" on Jizaiho, as Alastor said, so I guess he is a good fighter and will be playing that role. But on a side theory, I "think" that the Johan that is alive isn't the real one, why do I think this? Well, it's just a guess for now. SoF could have killed him and replaced with a clon or something to keep an eye on Pheles and the Flame Hazes' planes.

Atleast we agree on Yuji's dad, good. But Hecate,honestly, she HAS to still be involved with the story. Basic writing law states so. Everything in a story has a purpose, Hecate still has a purpose. I just don't believe that she's gone. (opinion)

As for Yuji I don't think he will become a flame haze. He's simply to peace oriented and Shana addicted. Also he's a mystes. I'm not sure if a mystes can be a flame haze. And I don't think he's going to be replaced by that baby either. That ending is too predictable and depressing. If I know Takahashi the ending will be the complete opposite. Rest assured.

For some reason you guys keep saying that since Yuji's parents were younger they should've had more children? I don't understand. Chigusa looks ..........like ........28. Yuji is 15 when the story starts. That means that Chigusa was pregnant with twins at 13. (Chigusa's possible age range 35 and younger) It is not normal for a teenager to have kids, so why do you guys say that she should've had more? (I think Flere821 said this)

Your theory, on Johan, didn't think about it that way. It could happen though. But how long do you think he was a clone for?

And did you guys ever come to think that maybe Yuj's brother isn't dead? (play evil orchestra music with thunderstorm in background) And this connects with the crimson world and Yuji's dad? Well played Takahashi well played....
Old 2011-04-11, 16:12   Link #3788
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Actually I did, but then I discarded it. I think that the author putted Yuji as the second child so he could use the kanji "two" on the name, in that way becoming Yuji in "Silver, the Second". But will be funny if someone comes in at the last second like "Yuji I'm your bro!"
The Yuji parents, I guess the Torche effect is as strong to give them a careless vision of the unnatural events. So maybe when the topic of why they didn't got any more childs, they would just ignore it. But the print that tell us that Yuji was alive, is that the kid is gonna have the kanji 三 (three) on his name. As he/she will be the third child of the young couple.
Old 2011-04-12, 03:19   Link #3789
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Wait, Takahashi would do the exact opposite?
So Yuji's brother would become a Flame Haze/ Mystes or something?? O.O
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 10:57   Link #3790
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I doubt it. There won't any more Flame Hazes or Tomogaras after the finale.
(Or maybe the author will start a new story with another characters as another light novel..... Yeah not even I believe it ).
Old 2011-04-12, 15:57   Link #3791
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Actually I did, but then I discarded it. I think that the author putted Yuji as the second child so he could use the kanji "two" on the name, in that way becoming Yuji in "Silver, the Second". But will be funny if someone comes in at the last second like "Yuji I'm your bro!"
The Yuji parents, I guess the Torche effect is as strong to give them a careless vision of the unnatural events. So maybe when the topic of why they didn't got any more childs, they would just ignore it. But the print that tell us that Yuji was alive, is that the kid is gonna have the kanji 三 (three) on his name. As he/she will be the third child of the young couple.
You made one hell of an observation SkyFlames. So the author made Yuji have a brother just so Yuji could be CALLED silver the second, that makes sense. Although there could be more to it.....

And about the baby, if Yuji is currently forgotten , then the only children the Sakai's would have (from their point of view) would be Yuji's older brother (the one that died) and the newborn. So wouldn't they name the newborn Yuji? Since from their perspective that would be their second child? So his name would be Sakai Yuji.

-good to have you back Blutsauger
Old 2011-04-12, 16:11   Link #3792
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
That's indeed a pretty nice observation you got there SkyFlames, I had another opinion about why they would inform us about Yuji being the second born, but this is another good one
Old 2011-04-12, 16:21   Link #3793
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

That if Kantaro haven't decided the name yet. Because if he already had, something like talking it with Chigusa when Yuji was still around then it could be something like "I don't remember why we picked that name but it is nice", Kantaro said that Sakai Yuji means "second child who should like long", so his brother/sister may have a name that would get the emotion of the moment right before the big finale.
Old 2011-04-13, 01:23   Link #3794
Flere821
Lurker

Kantaro did decide on the name to have the kanji '3' in it after discussing with Chigusa, and told Yuji when he last talked with him. Of course, now that Yuji's 'gone' that memory might disappear as well?
Old 2011-04-13, 10:28   Link #3795
pancakes
*Author

yea that's what I was thinking. It's tricky to talk about since the whole disappearing thing hasn't been explained in full depth. The only thing I can relate it to is Yukari Hirai. But even then there could be exceptions....
Old 2011-04-14, 09:20   Link #3796
Kasynho

the last volume released was 22?
Kasynho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 13:10   Link #3797
HyriN

hi, i'm new here and i just went from page 90-ish all the way here (EFFORT) in the past 1 day and pretty much grasp whatsoever is going on up to the current events.

maybe kantarou's dad naming their third child had an alternative meaning such as, since its their 3rd child and decided to put a three in it, but they lost memories of yuji which is their second child, wouldn't this remind them that the current baby is the 3rd one but they have absolutely no memories of their second child ?
HyriN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 15:36   Link #3798
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

No, when a Torche banishes it erases EVERY print of life. I am saying something like they already decided the name, but they would not know the reasons for it. The torches do dissapear along with memories, but not the influence they had on Human Realm, an example is when Ike crashes with a woman in the middle of the street, but when he is going to apologize she is not there anymore. Although the Torche banishes, Satou and Tanaka remember him starting to apologize and Ike says that he "though" that he crashed with somebody. This is a partial print that the Torches left seconds before dissapearing.
Old 2011-04-14, 23:42   Link #3799
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasynho View Post
the last volume released was 22?
It was Vol21, not counting the side story volumes.
Old 2011-04-15, 02:26   Link #3800
Elf song

Highly possible that they will name their third (the "second" in their thought) child "Yuji" again if he's male. Unless Yuji manage to do something about this in the next volume.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen