3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-04, 13:09   Link #181
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Out of all the possible plans he could have come up with, he's engineered a situation where basically the only outcome is that Nunnally has to listen to her own brother tell her that she doesn't exist, and he has no idea who she is.

Suzaku doesn't care about Nunnally, at least not enough for anything he does to be considered protecting her.
Everybody that knows Lulu has a geass knows he is zero, and since Zero has popped up, they know Lulu already regain his memory. They were just playing the part about Lulu not really memory who he is for other people's sake.

This plan, whether it is Suzaku's plan or not, is great in a sense that it's similar to the plan Euphie comes up with - can you see Nunally doing "nasty" thing to the people in Area 11? No, and if she does have any power at all, she would probably start treating them better, making the need for eleven to fight less. Lulu now cannot use his old "let's kill the governor" plot, because I really don't think killing Nanally is on Lulu's book yet. All this will also help keep Nanally alive, since the Emperor is known for his "unconditional love" for his children.

This phone call is also great in the sense that do Lulu lies even to his sister, when he claim he would not do? Suzaku know he is lying through his teeth, and he is betting he either cannot do it to Nanally or would destroy Nanally's impression of him. It is evil, but I think it helps Lulu to decide whether he can really do all the bad things to achieve what he really want to do.
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:10   Link #182
calvinguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
True, but from what I seen I think writers were being lazy. Zero did create lot of "miracles" however the fact is that the Order still lost the in the Black Rebellion and as a result some members lost bit of faith in Zero so I think that the writers should have Zero do speech to make them trust him completely or something along that line. I agreed that they do need an episode like this now and then, however I think there was too much fan-service.
Zero could have done a speech, but really what could he have said? How could he explained that he abandoned them? Seeing him make excuses as the leader would destroy his image in my opinion

There can never be too much fan-service
calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:12   Link #183
seraphon

lord kururugi..... uh uh uh. Suzaku has grown quite a bit since the beginning of Code geass. And he can also act as if he doesnt know lelouch is zero (to the eyes of the student coucil at least).

Oh suzaku you are much smarter and more evil than I though. Frankly I find his blank expression when lelouch gets nunnaly on the phone way the most evil expression on a character in this show. And I like that much better than what he was in S1 (but I would still like to see him scream in pain and agony).
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:14   Link #184
Aquaman OS

Well played Suzaku. Well played. Wonder if Lelouch is gonna give himself away or not. Well things have been going a little too well for Lelouch lately. Nice to see him squirm a bit.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:18   Link #185
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ahh! Megaton!! i have no idea what Lelouch can do now. and Weinberg = win. haha. i wonder what the weakness of Rollo's geass is..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:25   Link #186
UltimateClash

The shot in the preview has the Guren falling from high up.....sans a flight pack.
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:28   Link #187
KrimzonStriker

Bah, I hope Rolo lied about his weakness as a contingency against Lelouch should he be lying and planning to move against him later, which he is >_>
Old 2008-05-04, 13:35   Link #188
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Bah, I hope Rolo lied about his weakness as a contingency against Lelouch should he be lying and planning to move against him later, which he is >_>
i highly doubt that rollo has the wisdom to do that, he has been a hitman doing mission as methodically as a robot his whole life. he is stuggling to grab and hold on the first hand that is lend toward him to be recognize as a human being and a familly member (in this case lelouch's hand)
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:39   Link #189
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i highly doubt that rollo has the wisdom to do that, he has been a hitman doing mission as methodically as a robot his whole life. he is stuggling to grab and hold on the first hand that is lend toward him to be recognize as a human being and a familly member (in this case lelouch's hand)
No, actually I think there is a high possibility he did lie about it, given how sketchy he was still about the whole thing when he was thinking, and the way he was holding that knife. It would be a great twist as well... <_<
Old 2008-05-04, 13:42   Link #190
wesfalcon

Tristan's mecha action is simply awesome... Can't wait to see Mordred's! Probably they'll be shown in their full glory next week.

Although I can't help thinking OMG!! It's like Kyrios with Fangu!!!
wesfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:53   Link #191
fruitcage
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesfalcon View Post
Although I can't help thinking OMG!! It's like Kyrios with Fangu!!!
That would be massive overkill. lol four detachable Hadron Cannons.
fruitcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 13:56   Link #192
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitcage View Post
That would be massive overkill. lol four detachable Hadron Cannons.
Wasn't he speaking about Tristan?

Another 00 option would be Trone Zwei Turbulenz
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 14:04   Link #193
fruitcage
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Wasn't he speaking about Tristan?

Another 00 option would be Trone Zwei Turbulenz
oh lol I was thinking Mordred. The Knights have some stellar mechs though.

Tristan, Mordred, Lancelot 2.0, and Guilford's custom Lancelot.

The Order has Gurren MkII, if Rolo still has possession, the Vincent, Toudou's custom Gekka, and the Chinese Federation mech.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:04   Link #194
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Great episode.

I wonder what's going to happen to Viletta.

Suzaku got Lelouch on a good spot, but I don't see the short term consequences. He already knows, along with many other people, the entire story behind Lelouch's reign as the leader of the Black Order, Geass, background, etc. etc.
But Nunnally coming back is a great move! Raises a whole lot of questions in my head (adding to the previous pile) about Emperor and his family, V.V., and generally the way things are.

Honestly speaking, Rollo has not fully formed his own state, but he's slowly getting there with the help of Lelouch. Besides, I don't see the point in him telling Lelouch his Geass weakness, since it wouldn't do him any good anyways. But I'd have to stick with him being innocent at the moment, not really planning to backstab Lelouch (yet?)

Who knows..

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 14:13   Link #195
wesfalcon

Quote:
oh lol I was thinking Mordred. The Knights have some stellar mechs though.

Tristan, Mordred, Lancelot 2.0, and Guilford's custom Lancelot.

The Order has Gurren MkII, if Rolo still has possession, the Vincent, Toudou's custom Gekka, and the Chinese Federation mech.
Oh yah, I was talking about Tristan... hehe. It seems like Tristan's Slash Harken doesn't use any wire like other Knightmares, but flies by itself and manouverable like Fangu..
wesfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 14:22   Link #196
Fewes
Schmunior Member

I have two words that pretty much Summarizes this episode:
Fan service!
Fewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 14:25   Link #197
fruitcage
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewes View Post
I have two words that pretty much Summarizes this episode:
Fan service!
I'll add two more: done right!

Also, what kind of Britannian magic allows a mascot to change facial expressions????

Pay close attention to the mascot:

Old 2008-05-04, 14:28   Link #198
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I'll add two more: done right!

Also, what kind of Britannian magic allows a mascot to change facial expressions????

Pay close attention to the mascot:
Clearly they stole some of Sousuke Sagara's Bonta-kun Arm Slave technology.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 14:32   Link #199
Fewes
Schmunior Member

Here's a picture I made to prove my point
Spoiler for NSFW:

You can thank me later.

Last edited by Fewes; 2008-05-04 at 14:43. Reason: thumbnail instead + nsfw
Fewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 14:36   Link #200
Kisuke06
I see...

The episode was quite good, we even got to see more of the KoR. And some very funny scenes.

And at the end of the episode briks were shat.

And Lelouch can't even go like "Holy crap SIS!!1!" because then Suzaku would know he got his memories back, but can Lelouch be could to the only person that really matters to him?
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote