AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-05, 17:26   Link #29621
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
If it still doesn't change back to the original color, try transfering some into a dish and stir it a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
If the part is white, then use the one you got. You might want to shake up the marker like crazy and then try using it a little bit to get the colors and stuff mixed better.

Or you could always try washing the part with dish soap and warm water. It might be the chemicals left on the part during the mold process that might be deterring the color from getting on correctly.
Ill try these, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
What are you even gonna do with 4 Strikes and 1 Launcher/Sword pack? I assume you want to have 1 Aile, 1 Launcher, 1 Sword and 1 Perfect Strike? But for that you would need 4 MG MG Aile Strike RM Version, 2 Aile packs, 2 Swords and two launchers. So you would have to buy the Launcher/Sword pack twice.
You do realize that this is gonna be monstrously expensive, super tedious to build and it will need a ton of space, right?
I think his intention was one with each pack, then one without doing its cool iconic knife pose
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 17:49   Link #29622
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
What are you even gonna do with 4 Strikes and 1 Launcher/Sword pack? I assume you want to have 1 Aile, 1 Launcher, 1 Sword and 1 Perfect Strike? But for that you would need 4 MG MG Aile Strike RM Version, 2 Aile packs, 2 Swords and two launchers. So you would have to buy the Launcher/Sword pack twice.
You do realize that this is gonna be monstrously expensive, super tedious to build and it will need a ton of space, right?
False.

Plans?

Strike --> Aile Strike --> Launcher Strike --> Sword Strike

Screw the Perfect Strike since:

a. not really canon
b. Kira did not pilot it

Also, I don't intend on building them all at once, and I don't intend to get many more MG kits outside of:

Gundam Wing
Wing EW 2.0
Wing Zero EW 2.0
Nataku
Heavyarms Kai EW
Sandrock Kai EW
Deathscythe Hell EW
Tallgeese III EW

Gundam 00
Astraea
Astraea Type F (w/ F2 parts)
Exia Repair 2 (w/ R3 parts)
00 Qan[t] Full Saber
00 Qan[t] ELS Ver.
0 Gundam (ACD)
0 Gundam (Roll Out)

Gundam Age
Age-1 Full Gransa
Age-2 Normal Special Forces
Age-3 Normal
Age-3 Orbital
Age-3 Fortress
Age-FX
Age-FX Full Burst

Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny
Freedom RM Ver.
Strike Freedom RM Ver.
Strike IWSP RM Ver.
Aile Strike Rouge RM Ver.
Justice
Savior
Infinite Justice RM Ver.
Force Impulse RM Ver.
Blast Impulse
Sword Impulse RM Ver.
Destiny RM Ver.

Yes I realize that some of these aren't announced (yet or not any time soon), but that list is just the only kits I'd ever be interested in getting.
Old 2013-05-05, 17:53   Link #29623
Skye629

Quote:
False.
Also, I don't intend on building them all at once, and I don't intend to get many more MG kits outside of:

Gundam Wing
Wing EW 2.0
Wing Zero EW 2.0
Nataku
Heavyarms Kai EW
Sandrock Kai EW
Deathscythe Hell EW
Tallgeese III EW

Gundam 00
Astraea
Astraea Type F (w/ F2 parts)
Exia Repair 2 (w/ R3 parts)
00 Qan[t] Full Saber
00 Qan[t] ELS Ver.
0 Gundam (ACD)
0 Gundam (Roll Out)

Gundam Age
Age-1 Full Gransa
Age-2 Normal Special Forces
Age-3 Normal
Age-3 Orbital
Age-3 Fortress
Age-FX
Age-FX Full Burst

Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny
Freedom RM Ver.
Strike Freedom RM Ver.
Strike IWSP RM Ver.
Aile Strike Rouge RM Ver.
Justice
Savior
Infinite Justice RM Ver.
Force Impulse RM Ver.
Blast Impulse
Sword Impulse RM Ver.
Destiny RM Ver.

Yes I realize that some of these aren't announced (yet or not any time soon), but that list is just the only kits I'd ever be interested in getting.
I lol'ed so hard at " I dont intend to get many more MG kits outside of -cue extremely long list-"

LOL I was right about what you wanted to do with the Strikes
Old 2013-05-05, 22:13   Link #29624
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'm really liking the RD series given their articulation and proportions. Recently I just got the RD Duel Assault Shroud and despite the parts swapping to mount the Shroud, it's still much better than the HG I used to own.

Any recommendations? I've been thinking of getting one of the Unicorns but I'm not sure which version I should get.
Old 2013-05-06, 01:04   Link #29625
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I'm really liking the RD series given their articulation and proportions. Recently I just got the RD Duel Assault Shroud and despite the parts swapping to mount the Shroud, it's still much better than the HG I used to own.

Any recommendations? I've been thinking of getting one of the Unicorns but I'm not sure which version I should get.
To be honest, almost all SEED HGs are crap. So yeah.

My recommendation is RD Unicorn Full Action. You can pick between the Destroy Mode or Unicorn Mode, or you can just buy both. As for non UC Gundam, my highest recommendation would be Epyon if you like that Gundam. It's simple, cool, beautiful and not expensive compared to those Exclusive/Limited RDs.
Old 2013-05-06, 02:49   Link #29626
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
To be honest, almost all SEED HGs are crap. So yeah.

My recommendation is RD Unicorn Full Action. You can pick between the Destroy Mode or Unicorn Mode, or you can just buy both. As for non UC Gundam, my highest recommendation would be Epyon if you like that Gundam. It's simple, cool, beautiful and not expensive compared to those Exclusive/Limited RDs.
Comparing a 10$ 10 year old model tot a brand new 40$ action figure...very realistic....

pricewise compare the RD to the MG will you, or at least wait till there is a 1/144 RG duel gundam.

Seed HG models are okay to learn how to paint and panneline a model. They have their age, but some withstoud time remarkably well, mostly the mass production suits like the ginn, the CGUE and the 105 dagger.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 03:01   Link #29627
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Comparing a 10$ 10 year old model tot a brand new 40$ action figure...very realistic....

pricewise compare the RD to the MG will you, or at least wait till there is a 1/144 RG duel gundam.
Why are you being snarky to me? I'm not the one who compared the RD with SEED HG, Strato did. I just replied accordingly.

And I'm not mentioning about the MG since Strato was asking recommendation of what RD to buy, not MG (unless I'm wrong and he was asking for any kit recommendation). So, what's your problem with my post actually?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-05-06 at 03:11.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 19:28   Link #29628
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I'm going to need some pro advice here: I'm sorely tempted to buy the HGUC Full Armour Unicorn: Unicorn Mode, but I'm not sure if 1) there will be a destroy mode version down the line and if so, 2) whether said mode will come with beam sabres.

My query is as thus: should I 1) buy the FA Unicorn now or 2) wait until the Destroy mode comes out? Thanks in advance!
Old 2013-05-06, 19:31   Link #29629
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I'm going to need some pro advice here: I'm sorely tempted to buy the HGUC Full Armour Unicorn: Unicorn Mode, but I'm not sure if 1) there will be a destroy mode version down the line and if so, 2) whether said mode will come with beam sabres.

My query is as thus: should I 1) buy the FA Unicorn now or 2) wait until the Destroy mode comes out? Thanks in advance!
just wait, unicorn mode will most definitely come out eventually
Old 2013-05-06, 19:33   Link #29630
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
just wait, unicorn mode will most definitely come out eventually
I thought Unicorn mode was already out (rrobbert184 already did a review today ). The Destroy mode is so tempting owing to the glorious green psychoframe, but the question is whether or not it might make an appearance
Old 2013-05-06, 19:37   Link #29631
Skye629

Quote:
I thought Unicorn mode was already out (rrobbert184 already did a review today ). The Destroy mode is so tempting owing to the glorious green psychoframe, but the question is whether or not it might make an appearance
How much do you follow gunpla news and releases?

Take these into account:
1. Unicorns model sales
2. Bandai's goal of making money like any business
3. Bandai's love of recolors or tweaked kits

Conclusion?

But do note the release wont be until slightly before EP7 at the very best, so expect another year or so of waiting
Old 2013-05-06, 20:05   Link #29632
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The Destroy mode is so tempting owing to the glorious green psychoframe, but the question is whether or not it might make an appearance
I'm pretty sure that HG FA Unicorn [Destroy Mode] will happen (one way or another). In fact, I think HG FA Unicorn Gundam [Unicorn Mode] is just a big tease before they release the "real thing", namely: HG FA Unicorn Destroy.
Old 2013-05-06, 20:09   Link #29633
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Lol! Yeah, I meant destroy mode
Old 2013-05-06, 20:12   Link #29634
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:

If you are a fan of HGUC Unicorn series, I suggest you get them all.

If you want a good reference to HGUC kits, just bookmark this page:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/High_Gr...versal_Century

If you go there, you'll see that:

November 2009
HGUC #100 --> Unicorn Gundam [Destroy Mode]
HGUC #101 --> Unicorn Gundam [Unicorn Mode]

January 2012
HGUC #134 --> Unicorn Gundam 2 Banshee [Destroy Mode]
HGUC #135 --> Unicorn Gundam 2 Banshee [Unicorn Mode]

March 2013
HGUC #154 --> Unicorn Gundam 2 Banshee Norn [Normal Mode]

May 2013
HGUC #156 --> Full Armor Unicorn Gundam [Normal Mode]

It's pretty clear to me that there's a 99% chance that Bandai is going to release:

1. HGUC Banshee Norn [Destroy Mode]
2. HGUC Unicorn Gundam [Destroy Mode]

My guess is that they're pacing it to coincide with the release of the supposed final episode of Gundam Unicorn (Episode 7) and release those 2 HGUC kits along with maybe an OVA Ver. release of MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam (similar to the recently release Sinanju OVA Ver. which was just color changes and a new accessory) along with a MG Banshee Norn.

If I was you, and I really liked Gundam Unicorn and was interested in the HG line, I would definitely get them all:

Unicorn [Unicorn Mode]
Unicorn [Destroy Mode]
Banshee [Unicorn Mode]
Banshee [Destroy Mode]
Full Armor Unicorn [Unicorn Mode]
Full Armor Unicorn [Destroy Mode]
Banshee Norn [Unicorn Mode]
Banshee Norn [Destroy Mode]

Besides, HG's are cheap and don't take up a lot of space. Personally though, I'm more of a MG guy so I would probably get:

Unicorn OVA Ver.
Banshee OVA Ver.
Full Armor Unicorn OVA Ver. --> wait for an obvious release
Banshee Norn OVA Ver. --> likely if there wasn't a Ver. Ka design

Also, keep in mind that as of right now, Bandai's focus is on these series:

Unicorn Gundam (final Episode #7 coming soon)
Gundam Age (Memories of Eden coming soon)
Gundam Seed Destiny HD (airing currently)

Followed by the Gundam Wing EW line of kits, of which could spawn a new anime or OVA series like Frozen Teardrop or Glory of the Defeated using the Ver. EW designs instead of the TV ones...basically being an HD OVA remake of the series.

Quote:
Clearly you weren't paying attention to rrobbert184's recent video review parts. If you were, then you'd know that he was reviewing the HGUC Full Armor Unicorn [Unicorn Mode]. Regardless of how quickly he gets kits and builds it for reviews, he can't do an unboxing/review of a kit that doesn't even exist.

Refer to the link:
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/High_Gr...versal_Century

#156 RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam [Unicorn Mode]
#157 PMX-000 Messala
#158 Base Jabber Type 89
#159 AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra
#160 AMX-014 Doven Wolf [Unicorn Ver.]

#156 2013 May ~ #160 2013 August

Yep. I don't see the Destroy Mode HGUC for Full Armor Unicorn. =P

Episode 7 of the Unicorn OVA series is scheduled for a Spring 2014. So expect to see HGUC Full Armor Unicorn [Destroy Mode] + HGUC Banshee Norn [Destroy Mode] around then.
Old 2013-05-06, 20:53   Link #29635
Critias

...do you enjoy putting people down, while at the same time, forcing your own opinion onto others while supposedly giving advice?

Or are you naturally just a dick?
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:55   Link #29636
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
If you are a fan of HGUC Unicorn series, I suggest you get them all. <List removed for brevity>
If this is the answer, then I, unfortunately, am constrained by time and shelf space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Lol! Yeah, I meant destroy mode
It's cool

For me, that green psychoframe is particularly enticing, since it is a reminder of how far Banagher has come as the Unicorn's pilot.
Old 2013-05-06, 21:14   Link #29637
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Perfect Strike or Strike IWSP ... Which do you prefer?
Old 2013-05-06, 22:45   Link #29638
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I apologise for any consternation caused.

At any rate, I raised the query because I had come from rrobbert184's review. The entire package, plus all those extra weapons, would doubtlessly be fun, but I also love the whole green psychoframe design. Back when the Destroy and Unicorn mode Unicorn was released, it was an obvious pick, but the FA Unicorn presented me with the conundrum: I'm not sure if the Destroy mode FA Unicorn will include the extra hyper bazooka or beam sabre effect parts. They were missing from the standard Destroy mode Unicorn...
Old 2013-05-06, 22:53   Link #29639
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
I apologise for any consternation caused.

At any rate, I raised the query because I had come from rrobbert184's review. The entire package, plus all those extra weapons, would doubtlessly be fun, but I also love the whole green psychoframe design. Back when the Destroy and Unicorn mode Unicorn was released, it was an obvious pick, but the FA Unicorn presented me with the conundrum: I'm not sure if the Destroy mode FA Unicorn will include the extra hyper bazooka or beam sabre effect parts. They were missing from the standard Destroy mode Unicorn...
You could always save up and get the MG?
Old 2013-05-06, 22:56   Link #29640
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
You could always save up and get the MG?
Nope. The MG is very heavy, falls over easily and is hard to transform. From a strictly personal standpoint, the MG Unicorn is not my cup of tea.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy