AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-04, 16:38   Link #1581
Sassarai
Army of One

He's not clueless. He seems pretty smart and knows what needs to be done. He has been living in solitary without any human contact.

Maiden girl with hidden powers? Hardly. The powers she posses arent that special. She is able to locate starways and has telepathy. It's not like she can shoot laser beams from her forehead. Its not too cliche compared to the thousands of school anime or bleach, naruto etc etc etc
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:48   Link #1582
Tsukasa27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
He's not clueless. He seems pretty smart and knows what needs to be done. He just hasnt been living in solitary without any human contact.

Maiden girl with hidden powers? Hardly. The powers she posses arent that special. She is able to locate starways and has telepathy. It's not like she can shoot laser beams from her forehead. Its not too cliche compared to the thousands of school anime or bleach, naruto etc etc etc
Her powers are not special? She surpasses even the silver tribes with her ability to locate planets without starways, not even the silver tribe, which i remind you inherited the golden tribe's knowledge, can do that.
Do you think it would have been possible to locate Elysium without Deianeira? She was the fated one, the only one that can do it...If she's not special, I don't know what she is...

Clueless = Innocent, sorry for my mistake...It has nothing to do with his intelligence, he's just pure and innocent, although that's not the problem.
Check my previous post, it's his character development that bothers me a bit.

And I did say the show was not bad, did'nt I?
Tsukasa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 17:05   Link #1583
Sassarai
Army of One

I meant special in terms of usefulness in battle. Finding a planet woopeedeedoo. That isnt going to save her when a big bad Nodos smashes her
Old 2008-01-04, 17:16   Link #1584
Tsukasa27

Quote:
I meant special in terms of usefulness in battle. Finding a planet woopeedeedoo. That isnt going to save her when a big bad Nodos smashes her
She doesn't need to be useful in battle, with that sexy voice of her, any male in a 2km radius would gladly offer his life against a nodos I know i would
Old 2008-01-04, 17:20   Link #1585
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa27 View Post
erm...clueless boy meets maiden-like girl with some hidden power seems to happen more often than other cliches wouldn't you agree? Maybe i have been exposed to this more than others.
Used more often compared to what other cliches? Doesnt cliche mean that it is used often? Anime is full of cliches that are used often. o_O Ive watched a lot of anime myself.
Old 2008-01-04, 17:29   Link #1586
Tsukasa27

Quote:
Used more often compared to what other cliches? Doesnt cliche mean that it is used often? Anime is full of cliches that are used often. o_O Ive watched a lot of anime myself.
Yeah, well this one is used a lot in my opinion...if you don't have the same impression so be it!
Old 2008-01-04, 19:40   Link #1587
jpwong

Did they actually say in the series that the Silvers can't find planets that have lost their staryways, or is it just because they didn't bother looking? Since their tribe places no value on planets of origin, they wouldn't really have much incentive to go look for it.
Old 2008-01-04, 21:30   Link #1588
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Did they actually say in the series that the Silvers can't find planets that have lost their staryways, or is it just because they didn't bother looking? Since their tribe places no value on planets of origin, they wouldn't really have much incentive to go look for it.
no, they can travel without using starways as it was proven during one of the battles when they came from behind where there was not starway.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 06:21   Link #1589
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Hime was a silver when you look at what she can do, the only difference was what they believed in. To silvers emotions and origins were distractions not needed, where as to humas they support them are are to be treasured.

Thats why the silvers were never able to find the golds home, because they didnt consider it important enough. As JP says, everything hime can do the silvers could do better, but just didnt see the reason as to why.

Also remember that Hime isnt all that different, others have telepathy aswell. We have teleportation abilities, the twins (we never really go to see just what they could do), and im betting the other attendents all had some abilities, this was used in one of the later episodes when they all transfered their energy to hime when looking for elysium.

Saying she's supper powered is a bit wrong. Tru she wasn't normal, but when looking at the whole she wasn't abnormal or superhuman.

Age dosent need much in the way of character development, since he's already fully developed at the beginning. You have to remember that although they say Age is 16 in one episode, in truth he's over 200. For alot of that he was with the golds, they taught him what he had to do and when to do it. They pretty much told him everything what was going to happen.

Including the death of mars, his seperation, her refusal to lead, and then her rise to power. He knew it all right from the start. The only development he needed was his personality as he adapted to the various changes he goes through. Frankly i thought that was handled really well.

Cliche is pretty much another word for anime these days, no matter what the story is about is going to be cliche. Just look at the new aired ones, they just as cliche as HA was. All told, HA handled the cliche's a bit bad at first, but once iut settled down they did really good with it. And lets face it, it's still no where near as cliched as Gudam Seed and GS Destiny were
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 20:40   Link #1590
gvozden
Waterproofed Legion

There is type of hero that doesn't change but affects change in other people, catalyst hero. Ed Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop as Axel is type of catalyst hero, he didn't change, except environmentally, compared to other characters who actually started to show some Axel's behavior.

After rewatching show I would say that Hime is true hero of the story, she went on journey to find savior of Iron tribe and on the way she became it. Age has more role of mentor/ally/catalyst. In book "The Writers Journey", mentor is described as teacher, gift giver (usually item that helps hero, lightsaber or Nodos), heroes conscience, even sexual initiator; Age fits in all descriptions, don't you think so.

Mobeedo got probably shot as Emperor or very close if Hime left galaxy. We know there is limited number of people with silver abilities, of those 2 are his daughters and his son is dating third. Wouldn't be suprised to see people with Hedron shields to be considered new nobility.
gvozden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 22:41   Link #1591
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvozden View Post
There is type of hero that doesn't change but affects change in other people, catalyst hero. Ed Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop as Axel is type of catalyst hero, he didn't change, except environmentally, compared to other characters who actually started to show some Axel's behavior.

After rewatching show I would say that Hime is true hero of the story, she went on journey to find savior of Iron tribe and on the way she became it. Age has more role of mentor/ally/catalyst. In book "The Writers Journey", mentor is described as teacher, gift giver (usually item that helps hero, lightsaber or Nodos), heroes conscience, even sexual initiator; Age fits in all descriptions, don't you think so.
Never thought of it that way but you got a great point.
Old 2008-01-12, 12:19   Link #1592
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just finished marathoning this series. It's not the best series, there's a few stuff that's rather bad (stupidity of the baka brothers is cheesy) but it does manage to pick itself up with it's story and ending.

What started as the typical naive proantagonist pwning alien ass with hidden special power became a story of a race/or 2 trying to find itself in the universe. I like how the Gold Tribe's hidden power was not some crazy ass superweapons and the Nodos conflict against each other wasnt some king of the hill game but a key event to unlock the door to outer space for the rest of the Tribes.

and yes, Purome Ou = hawtest alien queen in appearance and character. Can't help admiring her for bearing the burden of emotions and feelings of her whole race.
Old 2008-01-12, 12:32   Link #1593
lwgrm

Hirai's copypasta is very apparent in his "emo teen designs" and CLAMP's "Noodle Monkeys" is not appealing to my eyes. gave them a more organic feel than in his other work. I also get the sense that his normal designs need support from a very strong budget to look better than decent
lwgrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 14:32   Link #1594
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
and yes, Purome Ou = hawtest alien queen in appearance and character. Can't help admiring her for bearing the burden of emotions and feelings of her whole race.
yes she was Hot, she had also one of the best racks in the show, probably only second to the human female commander who i forgot the name right now.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 14:53   Link #1595
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
yes she was Hot, she had also one of the best racks in the show, probably only second to the human female commander who i forgot the name right now.
Nilval Nephew.

I agree, especially since for someone who appears to be in her forties (she mentioned attending the same military academy classes as Mobead), she seems much more than well-preserved...
Old 2008-01-31, 20:35   Link #1596
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

The voice actors are great but I need more orchestral music.
Old 2008-01-31, 20:41   Link #1597
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
The voice actors are great but I need more orchestral music.
We'd need a second season for that then, because all the music from the series appears on the two already released soundtracks.
Old 2008-01-31, 20:45   Link #1598
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

i love the various mail/tail drama tracks that have come out on the OST's and drama cd's <3
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 20:45   Link #1599
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We'd need a second season for that then, because all the music from the series appears on the two already released soundtracks.
The Side Way 2 have a good music with Heroic Age cast. Err, More or less.

Seiyū songs like Claymore Intimate Persona is more good for extra music disks, I think.
Old 2008-01-31, 20:47   Link #1600
ThoHell

I don't know if I can handle a season 2. Just rewatched Heric Age for the hell of it today, but of course using fast forward throughout MOST of the series. Anime had good animation, plot was rather blah, slow development, music was good, action was good, emoness off the charts. I like the series overall, but really there were only few enjoyable parts and the ending was sweet even though plain. Maybe a movie or ova would be good but not season 2....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction