AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 01:07   Link #261
chronotrig

The whole game, including both tea parties, has been translated and inserted into the patch file.
It runs perfectly (except for rain), but we're still calling it a rough translation because tobiast hasn't gone through it. He's been busy, so it might be a while before we get even the second patch out, but the third patch should be ready soon after that.

And machi, just use the patch on the demo for now. The title screen will look a little weird, but once you start the game, everything should be normal at least for the first patch and probably until the end of the game. The only thing you'll be missing out on is the tea parties, but those aren't until the end.

Last edited by chronotrig; 2008-08-11 at 03:33. Reason: demo stuff
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 08:36   Link #262
Coruja

Wow, it sounds exciting, thanks for answering guys!

Well, yeah, I agree about the demo, I ordered the first two episodes and I had no problem getting them, it's definitely worth your money.

Yay can't wait for the next patch! *nods*

If you need anything, feel free to ask, I have got plenty of free time.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 21:37   Link #263
Little Machi
Banned

Since the demo is perfectly legal, I can't see why anyone should complain about taking money from the company. And sure, maybe some people are planning to get Episode 2 solely for 1, but I doubt it's that many. I'd think more people are planning to wait until 4 comes out, so they can get all the answer arcs at once, and the patch will be even closer to completion.
Little Machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 22:35   Link #264
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

It will be relatively easy to make a demo patch once the next Ep2 release is done (section copy-paste instead of insertion), so I'll be waiting until that's ready.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2008-08-12, 01:13   Link #265
Little Machi
Banned

Everything seems to work fine so far, including the menu. There's no BGM for the scene after the opening movie, but not sure if that's natural and some of the demo music files were corrupted.@_@
Old 2008-08-12, 02:43   Link #266
Little Machi
Banned

For some reason, after the boat scene ends, the text goes back to Japanese.@_@
Old 2008-08-12, 02:56   Link #267
tobiast88
No patience for fools

... because the new patch hasn't come out yet, perhaps?

Ch 3 is half-done, but I'm gonna finish Mrs. Dalloway first.
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 03:26   Link #268
Little Machi
Banned

Your site has the boat scene listed as the end of chapter one, and the patch is supposed to include chapter two.
Old 2008-08-12, 06:50   Link #269
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Machi View Post
Since the demo is perfectly legal, I can't see why anyone should complain about taking money from the company. And sure, maybe some people are planning to get Episode 2 solely for 1, but I doubt it's that many. I'd think more people are planning to wait until 4 comes out, so they can get all the answer arcs at once, and the patch will be even closer to completion.
Even if it is a free and legal service done by the creators themselves, it just doesn't exactly encourage people to buy their game, hence it will prevent them to get the money they obviously deserve for such game.

Of course, we do not boycott the demo, but it is a bit too bad, as the creators heartfully deserve everyone's support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Machi View Post
Your site has the boat scene listed as the end of chapter one, and the patch is supposed to include chapter two.
This was actually a mistake we did back then, when we counted the 2 prologues parts as different chapters.
Originally, prologue 1 was the prologue (or chapter 0), then prologue 2 (before the name sequence) was named chapter 1, which changed the rest (all chapters got incremented by 1 as result).

But some time after, considering how the game was classifying the chapters, we changed it back: the first 2 chapters are indeed the prologue in 2 parts.
As result, the first patch should actually be named as "chapters 0-1" instead.

We corrected that for the wiki and for our upcoming release.
For your instance, the Episode 1 has 1 prologue (in 2 parts), 16 chapters and 2 tea parties.
Old 2008-08-12, 11:05   Link #270
Little Machi
Banned

So, nothing from when they actually arrive on the island is supposed to be translated?O_o
Old 2008-08-12, 12:11   Link #271
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Like we said, the first patch was only a teaser and the start of our project, and many things prevented us to provide a more substancial content due time constraints.
Second patch is by far much more stuffed than that, obviously.

Patience is virtue I believe.
Old 2008-08-12, 14:21   Link #272
Little Machi
Banned

I'm not insulting you, I'm just asking for a comfirmation.-.-
Old 2008-08-13, 03:26   Link #273
tobiast88
No patience for fools

3/4 done. Impatience does little to motivate a team.
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 08:23   Link #274
Coruja

Eh, patient is a virtue after all.

I'm waiting patiently and faithfully. (That does not stop me from clicking the update button every 30 seconds or so. )
Old 2008-08-13, 13:16   Link #275
Mystearika

same with me is also always checking i am like a child before chrismas, and i am sure i also will jump around with glee when it is out

i am so happy you want to transelate this game
Old 2008-08-13, 15:55   Link #276
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokunenjin View Post
Would Italian be an option? Shikata Akiko (who did the Umineko OP) has, judging from the albums I've heard, probably done more songs in Italian than Japanese at this point.
From the interview with Shikata Akiko, it turns out that the chorus in the beginning IS indeed Italian...

interview link:
http://www.animate.tv/column/singer/080812.php
Old 2008-08-13, 16:32   Link #277
Little Machi
Banned

I was not being impatient.-.- I was just asking for a confirmation that the first patch was in fact supposed to end before their arrival on the island.-.-
Old 2008-08-13, 17:00   Link #278
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
From the interview with Shikata Akiko, it turns out that the chorus in the beginning IS indeed Italian...

interview link:
http://www.animate.tv/column/singer/080812.php
Wow. I would never guess that. Rin is italian and he/she didn't understand it, and I can understand italian fairly well and I was clueless.

That's some *weird* italian. I'm going to listen to the opening again, this time having that detail in mind, let's see what happens.
Old 2008-08-13, 17:09   Link #279
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Are you sure it is Italian? Could it be Latin instead?

Or are there some different dialects of Italian that might make it harder to understand from one part of the country to another.
(Sort of like some accents of English can't really be understood by other accents of English. Like say take someone who is Scottish Highlander and someone who is a Texan. They practically require a translator.)
Old 2008-08-13, 17:34   Link #280
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Are you sure it is Italian? Could it be Latin instead?

Or are there some different dialects of Italian that might make it harder to understand from one part of the country to another.
(Sort of like some accents of English can't really be understood by other accents of English. Like say take someone who is Scottish Highlander and someone who is a Texan. They practically require a translator.)
Well, don't forget that Latin and Italian are pretty similar, as are all the romanic languages. As for the accent, well, maybe the choir in the beginning never sang in italian before. We all know that japanese people have dificulties pronouncing different words, just look at their engrish.

I still feel a little dubious though, because I cannot understand what the hell they are saying! ;_;

Tags
translation