AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 13 [Bonus] Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 20.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.75%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.26%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 22:20   Link #81
jeffp
Custom User Title

I think this episode was nice for an extra. Like others said, it was nice to see how they were when they weren't all together. Also, it seems to me there was a reference to Pet Shop Boys on Azunyan's bag from the pet store, lol.
Old 2009-06-26, 23:30   Link #82
klare

this is really a "special" episode... nothing important happened, overall its a light and easy extra eps

Spoiler for it does not explain:

and thanks K-ON!
Old 2009-06-26, 23:39   Link #83
SEChronaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
this is really a "special" episode... nothing important happened, overall its a light and easy extra eps

and thanks K-ON!
Spoiler for possible explanation:
Old 2009-06-26, 23:41   Link #84
jeffp
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

and thanks K-ON!
Spoiler for discussing stuff:
Old 2009-06-27, 00:57   Link #85
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Mugi spends the entire series just wanting to "be like the other girls and do mundane daily things" ... like work a part time job, eat fast food, haggle, or participate in a school festival. Its actually kind of sad but during the course of the series she does get to do a lot of things and therefore happiness.

Frankly, I rather liked the "ARIA" riffs associated with her --- (Mugi == Alicia in many ways). This ep just continued with Mugi goodness.

Certain aspects of some of the other ladies keep throwing Ichigo Masimaro vibes
Old 2009-06-27, 01:05   Link #86
Ritsu
Keep your mind wide open!

i liked the episode =D althoug i expected another thing...but it was a very good episode anyways =)
Old 2009-06-27, 02:32   Link #87
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
You know this episode did give some Mugi screen time so for that at least I'm grateful. Better late than never.
Old 2009-06-27, 03:09   Link #88
TheBigN
Piercing heavens with ~s
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheBigN Send a message via MSN to TheBigN Send a message via Yahoo to TheBigN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yes I am criticizing this show for not being something else in having had characters that actually evolved and grew. Is this a problem?
Spoiler for answer:

I enjoyed how this episode was basically "Life Goes On." I don't mind this ending at all. :3

Drastic My Anime Blog- My anime blog.
Old 2009-06-27, 06:14   Link #89
TCman

I really like this episode.

It's a nice touch to show Ritsu's feminine side in this one; in general she is a tomboyish girl all the time in the series. I think she looks cuter without her headband; she is so adorable when looking for newer love letters in the letterbox, but there are none.

As for Mugi-chan, she is super adorable in this episode, enjoying the normal things as a normal girl; I also like her very much for not being a spoilt rich girl, who despises the normal people; Mugi-chan treats everyone equally. A very nice girl!

Azusa-chan in this episode is very cute with the young cat; the scene where they are in sync in everything (well, almost) is so funny, Azu-Nyan nr. 2!!!

In this episode there's not much of Mio, but is this the only episode where Ritsu attacked Mio (usually it's the other way)?

As for Yui, she is very moe in this episode (almost all the time in this episode), especially when she's with her younger sister. The cold hands jokes are funny, especially the one of feeling Ritsu's warm cheeks with her icy hands.

Last edited by TCman; 2009-06-27 at 09:57. Reason: minor spelling corrections
Old 2009-06-27, 08:44   Link #90
DidCart

Best episode in the entire series. Other comments have already been made, but, for me, what I liked most in the episode was the massive amount of character development! It's one thing that I complain about some moe-excessive episodes is that they don't have any sort of character development and, in a slice-of-life like K-ON we need to know the characters like we know a friend of ours! Awesome episode! 10/10!
Old 2009-06-27, 10:17   Link #91
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

This episode was nice slice-of-life.

Mugi's been serving tea to club members so she somehow fits in her job. I think, she'd fare better in a fancy restaurant, but I guess she's been dining in such places all the time, she'd be tired of it.

Notice the pecking order in K-On? When annoyed, Mio karate chops Ritsu, but only shoves her palm at Yui's face. Ritsu is the one who hits Yui.

That love letter thing is sure pushing the yuri hints.

Ah, Mio, she's such a writer.
Old 2009-06-27, 10:46   Link #92
faervas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yes I am criticizing this show for not being something else in having had characters that actually evolved and grew. Is this a problem? For me the problem is that in order to escape into a show I actually have to be engrossed by it throughout the majority of the episodes run time. K-On was rarely engrossing to me and thus viewed as escapism it was a failure. What else do people want me to say? Do they want me to lie? Cause right now I am being honest. Apparently that's not exactly good enough though and I have to find something extra special in a series that just doesn't warrant me to. If people want me to lie then let me know because really it doesn't bother me either way at this point since people already know the truth.
I think 1 you should lead off with these ideas about your perception of the show. it's what everyone has been pointing out about your argument. That understand the appeal beyond your ego. 2 your arguments are attacks on people who enjoy the show. you infer that enjoying K-On they must be less intelligent they you. that if they were they would not like the show.

The Growth you are asking for is there. These girls have learned to trust each other and become friends. The over use of the same gags are kind of true to life. the least popular episodes seem to show the most growth like the second training weekend at the beach. Other examples are Mio learning to brake out of her shyness when she needs to get the job done. Yui understanding her strength/weakness of being able to learn one thing well and using it to her advantage. All these subtle things that you may have not noticed are there and become part of each characters persona as the show moves along. are these girls the same girls from the start of the show as they are at the end of the show. some are and some are not. Ritsu I think is the only that has not grown. I think that's the fault of the lack of content to draw from. I think that's is the major weakness of the show. The manga up to that point have just finished laying the foundation of all the characters of the manga. The anime had to flush out a lot of messing pieces to give the K-On world plausibility.

You are getting something out of it. Why else watch it? If it's not worth viewing why do you watch it? I think that's the enigma that everyone who addresses your post. Some desire must be fulfilled. Why else watch it then go through the effort to read the forum and post your analysis of the show ever week.
Old 2009-06-27, 11:47   Link #93
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Something about the animation of this series has been bothering me. I couldn't put my finger on it till this last episode. It's their LEGS !!! Yup. I finally realise that when they draw legs in this series, the calves are SHORTER than the thighs. There should be a 8 to 5 ratio. It's more like 4 to 5. I'm noticing it with some other shows I've watched. This is why I get the feeling that the shows are poorly draw when they are not.
Old 2009-06-27, 15:40   Link #94
Soelke
Not heat. Photon laser.

The mood was...very strange that episode, which is what caused me to give it an 8/10 (I'm sorry >_< ). I couldn't really put my finger on it, but only Yui and Ui seemed cheery as always. It's like they knew that it was the end of the series.

In any case, it was a peaceful episode. It kinda reminds me of the "Some Day in Winter" episode from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Seeing what goes on when the girls aren't playing music and eating cake is interesting. I was happy to see that Ritsu is on good terms with her brother, and it was cute to see Azunyan petting the kitty. But seriously, I wish they did the hot pot. Even though it was nice to watch Azunyan and Azunyan #2 move in sync, Mio sit on a rock at the ocean, Mugi working, and Ritsu with her hair down, the hot pot would've been really great, too.

Also, concerning Ritsu, she can wear her headband as long as it doesn't cover your bangs...She already looks awesome without the headband, so isn't that a good idea, too?

I hope there's a second season...or at least signatures/avatars from this episode.
Old 2009-06-27, 17:35   Link #95
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

I can't believe that...

it's over! no more Yui!? How will I continue my weekly life? T_T

Then again I felt like this too when Kamen Rider Kabuto, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass ended... Life goes on I guess I hope to see these girls again someday though. I know there's the manga but it feels different to the anime.

Bring on the next season!
Old 2009-06-27, 19:40   Link #96
Wyxor

Ohwow, this is the end of it.

Old 2009-06-28, 05:22   Link #97
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyxor View Post
Ohwow, this is the end of it.
Quoted for truth.
But hey, there's Haruhi '09.
Old 2009-06-28, 11:58   Link #98
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
I think there will definetly be a second season lol. Dunno if that's a good thing or not though..

Anyways, this was a pretty good episode, although the character development just went, WHOOSH, rocketed right out of the world. Kinda ??? at first, but then you realize why they changed so much. Yui, is still the same though, xD;;
Old 2009-06-28, 16:53   Link #99
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

I lol'd the moment I realized that "love letter" was just lyrics for a song by Mio. That was just awesome. Mugi got some more focus in this episode; something that should've happened throughout this series so it was nice to finally see something to that effect here. And Yui coming in and making the clubroom a little more lively like that at the end just brought a smile to my face. A nice way to end it

I like this episode, it's basically all Slice of life but with alot less moe fluff (to me anyway) then what I came to expect given how the majority of the rest of the series has gone.
Old 2009-06-29, 17:25   Link #100
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Something about the animation of this series has been bothering me. I couldn't put my finger on it till this last episode. It's their LEGS !!! Yup. I finally realise that when they draw legs in this series, the calves are SHORTER than the thighs. There should be a 8 to 5 ratio. It's more like 4 to 5. I'm noticing it with some other shows I've watched. This is why I get the feeling that the shows are poorly draw when they are not.
Check out the episode where the Hirasawa sisters are kids. Their legs look like traingles. Its just a different style of illustration. Anime characters don't look like real life people and thats okay.

This is just another art style. But yeah, when I first noticed it I was like "huh ?"
Closed Thread